Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question How easy is Kara and Gruuls?

If we say 1 is Molten Core and 5 is Heroic LK, where would you put Kara/Gruul difficulty now that the xpac has been out a while and more people have raided it?

kara 2, gruul 1,5
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonf View Post
    Dear diary,
    This is Day 85 of farming primals for tailoring set. I can’t seem to understand how everyone around me magically has an epic flyer and I’m stuck here on my 60% flying mount losing all these tags. I checked the AH today to see if they have gone down from their 400g price per primal might but they still haven’t seem to budge. I guess I’ll try again tomorrow before I break down and buy gold off of a website that sells 10k gold for $30.

It’s been out for 5 days. The people clearing it would prob rate it a 1 or 2. It’ll be a 3-4 for many simply because the mechanics challenge you at shit gear levels. In a month or two? Easy.

for new players hard. for those who played it easy

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you actually know Kara, it's pretty simple. Almost everything is tank n spank except for DON'T MOVE IN FIRE and block the beams on the dragon properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    If we say 1 is Molten Core and 5 is Heroic LK, where would you put Kara/Gruul difficulty now that the xpac has been out a while and more people have raided it?
    weird scale... because there are worlds between MC and kara and also between kara and LK HC.

Bute Kara and Gruul are still piss easy. Most mechanics are made completly void because of the higher damage output now.
    Kara wasn't even difficult back in the day. It was never supposed to be.

so... 1,5 both? Nax is probably on the same level. Mechanics wise it is a step up but still... it is a entry level "raid". The numbers are way to lenient.
    SSC and TK won't get much harder. The first harder bosses come probably in the endphases of black temple but everyone will be able to finish sunwell.

there are 5man bosses in retail that have 3x more mechanics than kara and gruul. It's a very comfortable and easy raid especially for the playerbase today.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    there are 5man bosses in retail that have 3x more mechanics than kara and gruul. It's a very comfortable and easy raid especially for the playerbase today.
    One would think that until you PUG a Heroic with entry gear and hot damn are players awful.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The people clearing it now are the hard core no lifers who played 12 hours a day first week. Ask again in a month to get a more accurate picture.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

I'd say:
    - Kara: 3/10
    - Gruul: 2/10
    - Magtheridon: 4/10

... but then HC LK would be around 7/10 not 5/10 as you stated OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I'd say:
    - Kara: 3/10
    - Gruul: 2/10
    - Magtheridon: 4/10

... but then HC LK would be around 7/10 not 5/10 as you stated OP.
    I think he was speaking of a scale from 1 to 5, not 1 to 10

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I think he was speaking of a scale from 1 to 5, not 1 to 10
    Oh... it is weird seeing LK HC as hardest boss...

I thought OP meant something like this:
    MC: 1/10
    HC LK: 5/10
    Current retail last boss: 10/10

You miss the point of providing a reference scale. And it's the Classic forums, we don't really give a fuck about retail bosses. I suppose LK was used because it's the most probable end of the Classic series, or because it was the first "hard" boss the OP experienced.

Wasnt HC LK one the bosses that took longest from release -> killed? or was that Yogg saron? correct me if i`m wrong here, might be the reason for OP`s scale

Edit: i googled it myself, i`m wrong here

You miss the point of providing a reference scale. And it's the Classic forums, we don't really give a fuck about retail bosses. I suppose LK was used because it's the most probable end of the Classic series, or because it was the first "hard" boss the OP experienced.
    Well if you take only most likely Classic bosses (Vanilla - WotLK) you are 100% right with pinnacle of difficulty on HC LK.
    ... but still put all these enocounters within 1-5 scale is rough imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Wasnt HC LK one the bosses that took longest from release -> killed? or was that Yogg saron? correct me if i`m wrong here, might be the reason for OP`s scale
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ed-the-longest

Karazhan was faceroll, netherspite and nightbane you might wipe once on. Shade of aran as well if you dont interrupt, rest are RIP.

For Gruul do a pull and let people figure out how to survive shatter /range 15 and he dies.

First boss (high king m something?) Once you figure out how to do the pull without anyone dying. The boss dies

Magtheridon is slightly more challenging cause there are more parts that needs to be executed, or you will be executed instead

This is a classic forum, yet LK is not part of Classic.
    What do you want to compare Classic bosses to then, if not bosses outside of Classic?
    He aint part of Classic yet, in addition, who said Classic ends with Wotlk?
    Doesn't matter which boss was the first or last or second or whatever - a comparision is objective, not subjective.

All in all: you missed it, not Mendzia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    This is a classic forum, yet LK is not part of Classic.
    What do you want to compare Classic bosses to then, if not bosses outside of Classic?
    He aint part of Classic yet, in addition, who said Classic ends with Wotlk?
    Doesn't matter which boss was the first or last or second or whatever - a comparision is objective, not subjective.

All in all: you missed it, not Mendzia.
    Or you are just too dumb to get all the implied information.

These encounters were probably the first that a lot of players in WoW were introduced to personal responsibility within a raid to the point they coudl wipe it if they messed up, Gruul in particular. For that reason alone I would expect they would find it pretty challenging to begin with.

The first half of Kara is pretty easy. It doesn't really get difficult until you get to Netherspite and you can solo the chess encounter.
    RETH

We did Gruul last night with 6 people that were only level 68.