Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Let me simplify it for you. If he is going to boost he should simply quest and not try and do dungeons because he probably has no idea how to play his class effectively. It's not guaranteed, but likely.
    Even if they state they have raided and played for years, and are very experienced in the game?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    Ppl dont got time now to bother you about boosting since the expansion is fully out and even if they do screw them . People like us like the boost since it saves a lot of time to just boost and enjoy TBC. I boosted and i ran into no harassment...and since new(ish) content is out now everyone is rushing to lvl and gear. Their not gonna waste timr to bother you.
    I have not seen a single negative response to a boosted player in game - i have run dungeons with T3 geared players, some of them VERY CLEARLY paid for that gear, as they were getting crushed in 5mans by boosted toons. This was mid 60s where the T3 gear would still be very, very strong, so thats not an excuse at all.

  2. #182
    The dads back in the day didnt have to boost.

    But idc really. Do what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How the fuck is this trolling?

    Discussing moderation is against the rules. Infracted.

  3. #183
    Bloodsail Buccaneers is great. No one cares.

    Raid log status is easily achievable within a short bit of time in TBC.

  4. #184
    Bloodsail Admiral Xykotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,093
    You boosting or not shouldn't matter. Why would you even tell the guild you boosted? Just level to 60, get a few quest greens and nobody will even notice.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    You boosting or not shouldn't matter. Why would you even tell the guild you boosted? Just level to 60, get a few quest greens and nobody will even notice.
    He won't need to tell anyone he boosted, trust me. People can tell. UNLESS its an experienced player boosting a class that they know the in's and outs of.

  6. #186
    After attempting to run ramparts with a 5/5 boosted group I can see why people don't want to play with these people. Watching a druid attempt to tank that with communal gear on was pretty hilarious.

  7. #187
    You could be unidentifiable within a week as a boosted character with quest gear. Definetely just quest and refresh your knowledge before you pop into a dungeon. If its messing with your opportunities, just focus on quests for a while with your buddy in outlands. Dont let peoples frustration hold you back. Your experience doesnt need to be beholden to someone's beleaguering opion!

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    After attempting to run ramparts with a 5/5 boosted group I can see why people don't want to play with these people. Watching a druid attempt to tank that with communal gear on was pretty hilarious.
    Bears are a special case since all the Druid communal gear is caster gear.

  9. #189
    Lol people really don’t understand the concept of wanting a casual, like minded group of people to play with.

    You hardcores and elitists play how you want, talk all the shit you want, doesn’t bother me, the only thing op is looking for is a group of people that play the game the way he does. Full disclosure I don’t plan on getting much further than Kara, I just don’t have time to commit but I still want to play tbc, just like classic I ran 5/10s and MC, and I did it competently, and called it a day and got back to full focus on irl obligations. luckily I found a casual guild accommodating enough to play like this, and I hope I find the same in BC.

    some of y’all have this weird ass insecurity with people who play the game like this, and it’s on full display in this thread.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    Lol people really don’t understand the concept of wanting a casual, like minded group of people to play with.

    You hardcores and elitists play how you want, talk all the shit you want, doesn’t bother me, the only thing op is looking for is a group of people that play the game the way he does. Full disclosure I don’t plan on getting much further than Kara, I just don’t have time to commit but I still want to play tbc, just like classic I ran 5/10s and MC, and I did it competently, and called it a day and got back to full focus on irl obligations. luckily I found a casual guild accommodating enough to play like this, and I hope I find the same in BC.

    some of y’all have this weird ass insecurity with people who play the game like this, and it’s on full display in this thread.
    No one has a problem with playing with like minded ppl. It's just really odd seeing someone who has attracted a woman, procreated with her and is raising a child, be insecure about what some kids on the internet think about spending a little bit of disposable income on a video game. Like you've literally sacked up once, time to metaphorically sack up

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    No one has a problem with playing with like minded ppl. It's just really odd seeing someone who has attracted a woman, procreated with her and is raising a child, be insecure about what some kids on the internet think about spending a little bit of disposable income on a video game. Like you've literally sacked up once, time to metaphorically sack up
    “ as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid”

    Since he literally asked for a group of like minded people to play with, then I’d say that is exactly what this thread is about. You, and everyone else, claiming that it’s about him just being a sissy who can’t handle some /1 flaming is not only reaching, it’s pulling a narrative out of thin air, a narrative the op never intended.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    “ as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid”

    Since he literally asked for a group of like minded people to play with, then I’d say that is exactly what this thread is about. You, and everyone else, claiming that it’s about him just being a sissy who can’t handle some /1 flaming is not only reaching, it’s pulling a narrative out of thin air, a narrative the op never intended.
    "Safe place"
    "Harass"
    "A lot of hate"

    These phrases are in the same OP lol. I guess the only real advice is look for a guild on some discords and then make the char.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    "Safe place"
    "Harass"
    "A lot of hate"

    These phrases are in the same OP lol. I guess the only real advice is look for a guild on some discords and then make the char.
    Harass and a lot of hate could mean he can’t get invited to groups for simply being boosted, fits the criteria. Safe place could just mean somewhere he doesn’t have to deal with that shit.

    I took a quote from op where he plainly and clearly states what he’s looking for, you pulled a few buzzwords and created your own context, as did most of this thread.

    What I’m trying to understand is why the majority does mental gymnastics to shit on op, and a very small minority read the op from beginning to end and saw him plainly and clearly state that he just wanted like minded folks to play with. Why are gamers so goddamn emotional and flat out ridiculous?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    "Safe place"
    "Harass"
    "A lot of hate"

    These phrases are in the same OP lol. I guess the only real advice is look for a guild on some discords and then make the char.
    Harass and a lot of hate could mean he can’t get invited to groups for simply being boosted, fits the criteria. Safe place could just mean somewhere he doesn’t have to deal with that shit.

    I took a quote from op where he plainly and clearly states what he’s looking for, you pulled a few buzzwords and created your own context, as did most of this thread.

    What I’m trying to understand is why the majority does mental gymnastics to shit on op, and a very small minority read the op from beginning to end and saw him plainly and clearly state that he just wanted like minded folks to play with. Why are gamers so goddamn emotional and flat out ridiculous?

  14. #194
    Be a big boy and play when you can, go ahead and boost, but don't complain if people call you out for poor performance. If your playing badly they would call you out whether or not you boosted.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •