Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    While I don't really agree with the boost existing, I think it's beyond immature to call people out for using it. It's right there in your face and for most people spending £40 over a few hundred hours leveling is an incredibly simple choice. I don't blame anyone for using it.

    I don't think a lack of skill or gear is a factor in the slightest.
    Last edited by Zypherz; 2021-06-07 at 09:50 AM.

  2. #42
    Mechagnome sunxsera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    EU - Blackmoore
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    Just boost on any server and have fun. Who cares if a char is boosted. Most people have lvled to max soooo many times.
    Over my whole wow "career" i lvled like 30-40 chars to max - i have seen all of it. Now in my 30s i want to relax and skip the annoying low level part. ( i don`t play classic / BCC though - but i`d boost a char if i`d play it. )
    Don`t let your experience be ruined by some idiots.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Those dungeons have been in the game for like 15 years. Its not new content.
    I did them during original TBC.
    I did them on various private servers.
    I do them now.

    So... uhhh... i already know that?

    What does that information have to do with P2W boosties not knowing basics like Renew from spellbook?

  4. #44
    Most people didnt care tbc was even released again. So iam sure no one will care if people didnt play vanilla content in a expansion where the main content is not even interesting.

    Kara is already down isnt it?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I did them during original TBC.
    I did them on various private servers.
    I do them now.

    So... uhhh... i already know that?

    What does that information have to do with P2W boosties not knowing basics like Renew from spellbook?
    Because the skills you think separate a boosted player from everyone else either aren’t used until max level dungeons or aren’t learned until late levels.

    Run your groups how you want and be as much of a gatekeeper as you want, just don’t fabricate shit to make it look justified. Own your elitism (but at least be right in its reasoning lol).

    @op - you and your friend should just boost on a server that meets your needs and quest to 61. You’ll have replaced everything and nobody will know you boosted.
    Last edited by Prag; 2021-06-07 at 10:35 AM.

  6. #46
    Are ppl rly complaining about "boosters dont know their class"?

    cmon.. what do you need to know for TBCC? "hunter steadyshot lul" isnt that hard for example lol

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Because the skills you think separate a boosted player from everyone else either aren’t used until max level dungeons or aren’t learned until late levels.
    I totally disagree.
    Leveling teaches you how to proper use skills.
    If you start at 58 people are overwhelmed by their spellbook and do not know what is useful and what is not.
    Getting new ability/rank during level and using them in various different situations is perfect learn curve.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Run your groups how you want and be as much of a gatekeeper as you want
    I will decide who is in my group - you are right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    just don’t fabricate shit to make it look justified. Own your elitism (but at least be right in its reasoning lol).
    I do not justify anything nor feel as elitist.
    I just digned 65 yesterday and presenting my experience with a few boosted people i had chance to meet.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkien View Post
    Are ppl rly complaining about "boosters dont know their class"?

    cmon.. what do you need to know for TBCC? "hunter steadyshot lul" isnt that hard for example lol
    I'd love to see how many of those who complain play healers with proper macros or at least relative addons. How many of those can still write a macro by ear.
    I'm an old fart, a relic of a time where addons were gated by pcs and can still write most of my things. And I sure as all hells bring it up all the times as a bragging right.

    So what if someone like me wants to boost on a game that lost itself. Yeah, the principle matters, but playing a game you like matters most. It's the experience op is after.

  9. #49
    I'd buy a boost if i couldn't grind mobs at my work
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I totally disagree.
    Leveling teaches you how to proper use skills.
    If you start at 58 people are overwhelmed by their spellbook and do not know what is useful and what is not.
    Getting new ability/rank during level and using them in various different situations is perfect learn curve.
    Most classes don’t get signature rotational abilities and/or talents until super late, or they just aren’t used in solo leveling.

    Classes play extremely different in solo vs groups, low level vs high. Your exclusions are just as applicable to people who solo’ed 1-60 as they are for boosted, you just can’t see “Communal” monikers to identify them.

    I don’t use a number of abilities as a Hunter because being efficient in chaining mobs endlessly with 0 downtime > bursting and drinking.

    Warrior and hamstring-kiting.

    Warlock and drain-tanking.

    I’m sure there are others, I don’t play them.
    Last edited by Prag; 2021-06-07 at 10:58 AM.

  11. #51
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    In my experience so far - they don't know.



    Yeah... because you know the exact numbers of ppl doing it.



    Yes - if you level for character for several days it tells you alot about skills and class.



    That is why i inspect ppl before dungeon and kick if they are 'Communal boys' since i am the leader 95% of the time.
    My problem is solved. :P
    Just as many non-boosters can't play their characters.
    Literally everyone I know from OG TBC is boosting a Character.
    You still have to lvl 58-70 so you learn your skills at the best time to anyway since below 50 your skills are sporadic and rotation mostly non-existent.
    Kicking someone playing a boosted character says more things wrong about yourself than the booster.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    Just boost. Within an hour or 2 at most of playing together you will replace all your boosted gear with quest greens anyway and literally no one would know you boosted.

    How are you a Dad yet can't figure something as easy as that out. Goddamn the people that breed these days.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    In my experience so far - they don't know.

    Yeah... because you know the exact numbers of ppl doing it.
    You know absolutely nothing either, and you're arguing a position that's actively bad for the game. Why should anyone listen to you?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Just boost. Within an hour or 2 at most of playing together you will replace all your boosted gear with quest greens anyway and literally no one would know you boosted.

    How are you a Dad yet can't figure something as easy as that out. Goddamn the people that breed these days.
    You just have no idea how much you just need to have a group of people to chill out after a day of work and chores do you.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkien View Post
    cmon.. what do you need to know for TBCC? "hunter steadyshot lul" isnt that hard for example lol
    I mean, i don't expect a guy who has never used CC to properly trap targets, let alone even kiting.

    It's not about rotations, it's about knowing when to use your classes toolkit.
    And yes, CC is extremely helpful right now, unless you absolutely overgear everything (which a boosted character doesn't).

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkien View Post
    Are ppl rly complaining about "boosters dont know their class"?

    cmon.. what do you need to know for TBCC? "hunter steadyshot lul" isnt that hard for example lol
    If you think that's all there is to playing the game, then I feel sorry for you and it just proves people's point that many people are just not prepared to actually play their class well.

  16. #56
    Here is my recommendation:
    Go to either Whitemane, Faerlina or Benediction.

    Choose Horde, and boost a Resto Druid (you´ll need another spec for leveling). If you're not fond of healing, boost a Warlock/Hunter.

    And you're good to go.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    If you are a grown-up then you:
    1. Don't give a damn about what other people, especially those that you consider stupid, think about you in an online-game
    2. Don't rely on other to give you "cozy space" where you can play how you want - no, you go out and create it for yourself.

    So my best advice is to make a guild with your friend(s) and invite invite like-minded people and ignore all the idiots.

  18. #58
    I boosted on benediction alliance, have gotten dungeon invites and no ones harassed me at all while leveling. Mind you all your boosting gear is gone after hellfire so no one can tell anyways. Mind you I was only doing 75% of people in t2/3's dps in ramparts/blood furnace but it was still faceroll. My buddy was even tanking in boostee gear.
    Last edited by archelos91; 2021-06-07 at 11:35 AM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Most classes don’t get signature rotational abilities and/or talents until super late, or they just aren’t used in solo leveling.
    Honestly i am not sure about that since i do not know all classes.
    You can be right tho but characters i play (priest, paladin and mage) did not change much lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Classes play extremely different in solo vs groups, low level vs high. Your exclusions are just as applicable to people who solo’ed 1-60 as they are for boosted, you just can’t see “Communal” monikers to identify them.

    I don’t use a number of abilities as a Hunter because being efficient in chaining mobs endlessly with 0 downtime > bursting and drinking.

    Warrior and hamstring-kiting.

    Warlock and drain-tanking.

    I’m sure there are others, I don’t play them.
    Of course the playstyles will be different for solo vs group play.
    Leveling =/= only solo killing mobs.
    That is why we got low level dungeons, groups quests and long chains to do it with other people and learn at your mistakes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Just as many non-boosters can't play their characters.
    Literally everyone I know from OG TBC is boosting a Character.
    Probably really depends on the guild.
    Personally i know only one person that is boosted andy as a raider in our guild and he would be probably out if he wasnt in the guild since beginning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    You still have to lvl 58-70 so you learn your skills at the best time to anyway since below 50 your skills are sporadic and rotation mostly non-existent.
    That is the problem.
    You start almost at the end with 80% of abilities available.

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Kicking someone playing a boosted character says more things wrong about yourself than the booster.
    As a group leader why wouldn't i decide about with what people i want to play?
    Give me reasonable answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    You know absolutely nothing either, and you're arguing a position that's actively bad for the game. Why should anyone listen to you?
    I have no idea why would my opinion be 'actively bad for the game' since it won't change anything anyway?
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-06-07 at 11:55 AM. Reason: typos

  20. #60
    I mean- I'm sure that if you want, you can ditch that boosted gear within an hour of playing and then you won't need to worry about some guy emote-spitting on you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •