Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    I also bet most shamans around never saw or read anything about totem twisting...etc etc.
    I wouldn't bother twisting totems in a dungeon while leveling. The mana just can't support it for ele and resto. Enhance might be able to manage but the ones I've seen have been oom trying.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw1337 View Post
    What you are saying makes absolutely no sense. Buying a boost has nothing to do with knowing how to play. I have played this game ever since launch and leveled my share ofcharacters over the time. And quite frankly, I can't be bothered doing it again - so yeah I bought the boost. Have fun standing behind a mage in random dungeons all the way to 60 while you call it the True Classic Experience! And that will probably even make you skilled Everyone boosts - some use blizzards services others pay mages to do it for them - bottom line is: Almost no one likes leveling and want it over with to get to the fun part.
    I have never been boosted. Why pay a mage when I can do it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  3. #83
    After reading my post, I guess I made my post look like I was only concerned about being accepted for boosting. I understand that by the time I'm lvl 62 and run outlands instances I will have new gear, I've played this game before. My buddy and I are looking to start out on a new realm where we might find a guild that's casual, made up of other parents or older adults that understand that real life comes before a game. My concern was just picking a random realm, boosting a new toon to 58, only to find that the toxicity prevents he and I from enjoying the game the way we want to play.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Loooool.

    This is funny because it's the breeder-arrogance in its best form.
    I take it you've never been kicked from a group because your wife was working and your 8 month old baby wakes up at midnight and you have to take 2 minutes to get them back to sleep. How the fuck am I being arrogant?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    The fuck are you even trying to say, you make little sense at all.
    He said "The OP wants to have a group of like-minded friends to play with, just like you have with your friends"

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yes - if you level for character for several days it tells you alot about skills and class

    Or you could read a guide to find out what 2 buttons you need to spam.

  5. #85
    Is "Dad" the latest excuse and cope for being shit and/or lazy at something?
    Muh Dad Bod
    Muh Dad Gamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Is "Dad" the latest excuse and cope for being shit and/or lazy at something?
    Muh Dad Bod
    Muh Dad Gamer
    Nah it’s to set the expectation of limited time where many are try-harding.

    Nothing wrong with either, but where one is changing diapers, the other one’s wearing them to minimize downtime.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post

    I take it you've never been kicked from a group because your wife was working and your 8 month old baby wakes up at midnight and you have to take 2 minutes to get them back to sleep. How the fuck am I being arrogant?
    - - - Updated - - -

    No, I started my own guild to make my groups so that's not a problem.

    The arrogance stems from this mentality: "I made a choice, I need others to accommodate."

    No issue with boosting. Whatever. We get that you have limited time, it's a pretty common thing for humans.

    But expecting others to "cut you slack" or "not be hard" on you because you're a person with finite time is stupid, and arrogant.

    Don't use your children as an excuse, that's despicable.

    Having a finite amount of time and making choices with what to do with that is fundamental to the human condition.

    You started a family, congrats and best of health to them, but don't expect others to give you +1 because you had a kid.
    "Aren't you worried?"
    "Would it help?"

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    Why not just enjoy the game how it is and level from 1? That way by the time you get to 58 you will have become much more comfortable with your class and how it operates. I don't think you plan on being your realms latest and greatest, and boosting will just get you into dungeons with poor gear and little understanding on how to play your class effectively, the result of this being your fellow players who did not boost will resent you for it.

    Just play from 1 and have fun and when you get to 58 you can get to outland prepared!

  9. #89
    Honestly who cares wow is easy, it always has been easy, it's never been difficult in any way shape or form it's just a rinse repeat formula until you get good like any other game with a skill cap.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    After reading my post, I guess I made my post look like I was only concerned about being accepted for boosting. I understand that by the time I'm lvl 62 and run outlands instances I will have new gear, I've played this game before. My buddy and I are looking to start out on a new realm where we might find a guild that's casual, made up of other parents or older adults that understand that real life comes before a game. My concern was just picking a random realm, boosting a new toon to 58, only to find that the toxicity prevents he and I from enjoying the game the way we want to play.
    Pick a non PvP or a PvP roleplay realm that has a healthy pop, search for a super casual guild that would suit how you want to play and bingo!
    Even on the PvP server I am on, you can still find super casual guilds that will be alright with you going afk for 5mins here and there, just go look, not sure why you made a thread about this.

    I'd also like to add, you shouldn't ever expect anyone to be waiting for you though, it isn't fair to waste the time of 4 people or 9 or 24 just because you have X issue. You should set aside uninterrupted time and if you can't then perhaps group content is out of reach for you, unless you do the above clearly.
    Last edited by Very rare pepe; 2021-06-07 at 09:40 PM.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Why not just enjoy the game how it is and level from 1? That way by the time you get to 58 you will have become much more comfortable with your class and how it operates. I don't think you plan on being your realms latest and greatest, and boosting will just get you into dungeons with poor gear and little understanding on how to play your class effectively, the result of this being your fellow players who did not boost will resent you for it.

    Just play from 1 and have fun and when you get to 58 you can get to outland prepared!
    They said quite clearly they have played "for years, through multiple expansions, multiple realms, horde and alliance, on multiple toons". So this is actually quite poor advice - pay for the boost, enter outland, be acceptably geared by 60 and join in with everyone else. There is absolutely nothing to be gained for an experienced player by trudging through 58 lvls of mind numbing content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    you have to be a moron to of said .

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

    No, I started my own guild to make my groups so that's not a problem.

    The arrogance stems from this mentality: "I made a choice, I need others to accommodate."

    No issue with boosting. Whatever. We get that you have limited time, it's a pretty common thing for humans.

    But expecting others to "cut you slack" or "not be hard" on you because you're a person with finite time is stupid, and arrogant.

    Don't use your children as an excuse, that's despicable.

    Having a finite amount of time and making choices with what to do with that is fundamental to the human condition.

    You started a family, congrats and best of health to them, but don't expect others to give you +1 because you had a kid.
    I was going to try to individually reply to your comments but it's just not worth my time. You and your guild seem to be the exact sort of mentality I am looking to avoid. I'm not asking for special treatment or to be carried because "I made a choice to have a family, and now I think I'm better than you?". I'm simply looking for a guild of people with similar real life situations that understand "when you have kids, random shit happens". I don't think you actually understand what arrogance means, or you're trying to pick a fight with a random stranger.

  13. #93
    Don't mind them hoss. As a dad I understand what you mean and why you just don't have the time between taking care of the kids, the wife, a full time job, regular house maintenance taking care of the car.. and so on. Don't let the neckbeards get you down. Anyone who gets all hostile about a guy who just wants to play their way isn't worth trying to explain you just don't want that extra hassle to spend 9 months getting to lvl 60 so you can enjoy the next 10 levels. My guild is small but its usually better with a tight group. Look for a small guild would be my suggestion.. Let me know if you're on Old Blanchy Alliance.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
    Look for a small guild would be my suggestion.. Let me know if you're on Old Blanchy Alliance.
    I think one of those big social guilds would be a better fit, in a small guild you will be relied upon if you want to do Kara for example, in a big social guild it's more whatever, just my 2 cents.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They said quite clearly they have played "for years, through multiple expansions, multiple realms, horde and alliance, on multiple toons". So this is actually quite poor advice - pay for the boost, enter outland, be acceptably geared by 60 and join in with everyone else. There is absolutely nothing to be gained for an experienced player by trudging through 58 lvls of mind numbing content.
    Leveling is fun, and he can boost, but i wouldn't recommend dungeons until he is well geared.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I bought boosts for three characters.

    How anguished are you? Can I have some of your tears, snowflake?
    How did you buy more than 1 boost? Asking for a friend

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    I enjoy having Tier 5 armor, i should be able to buy that as well. I dont have time to play the game.
    Did you even read what I wrote? I told him to find a guild. You and your special snowflake armor can go play in your own litterbox and stop whining about how somebody else plays the game. What ever happened to that supposed community all you people are looking for in classic? There is so few caring friendly people on these forums. Always talking about the golden days of WoW yet not one of you is willing to teach somebody how to play the game so we can all enjoy the experience together. Instead you all shout and treat everyone with disregard. Times change and people forget that you had to learn yourself. We can either grow up willing to reach out or we can push everyone away and become bitter selfish monsters.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    Loooool.

    This is funny because it's the breeder-arrogance in its best form.
    breeder-arrogance omfg I can't stop laughing

  19. #99
    Why would you need a "safe place" ? No one will be able to tell you purchased a boost after you have quested in the first two zones anyway.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

    No, I started my own guild to make my groups so that's not a problem.

    The arrogance stems from this mentality: "I made a choice, I need others to accommodate."

    No issue with boosting. Whatever. We get that you have limited time, it's a pretty common thing for humans.

    But expecting others to "cut you slack" or "not be hard" on you because you're a person with finite time is stupid, and arrogant.

    Don't use your children as an excuse, that's despicable.

    Having a finite amount of time and making choices with what to do with that is fundamental to the human condition.

    You started a family, congrats and best of health to them, but don't expect others to give you +1 because you had a kid.
    Empathy is also part of the human condition yet the community is hell-bent on proving that narrative false.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    im not whining - i want to buy tier 5
    Drawing comparisons between buying a boost to start playing the current expansion and buying end game gear is such a bad faith argument.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •