Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    I don't get the anti booster mentality, most people I know did gold boosts which they made doing gdkp runs. Guess who buys items in those runs? People who buy gold.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    They aren't heroes and doing that won't change anything.
    They're justified though, and boosters deserve the scorn they get.
    You seem to have trouble seeing the difference in concepts here.

    And look where retail has gone since then. Seems to me that all the retarded "it doesn't affect you, why should you care/just don't use it" are part of the enablers that allowed this to go there.

    True, but it doesn't mean that sometimes it isn't justified.

    Not that I do /spit on boosters, but I certainly don't fault people who do.
    Anyone who sincerely expected Blizzard to not introduce a Cash Shop in Classic deserves to be /spit on too. This game could benefit from fewer naive people who blame the community for something that was unavoidable.

    The mentality of "you used a service that was obviously going to be implemented, therefor I'm going to be a dick to you" is just laughable.

    Obviously Blizzard's doing something right if these people who feel so strongly are still playing, as the cash shop is implemented for the second time. Want to prove your stance? Try not playing. Trying to force other people to speak with their wallet when you won't is ridiculous.

  3. #123
    You play it like you want it.

    When they make boost available for belves I'll buy it, then jump on that warp stalker to join you.

  4. #124
    The answer is the same as always: make your own group if you want to play by your own rules.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Anyone who sincerely expected Blizzard to not introduce a Cash Shop in Classic deserves to be /spit on too. This game could benefit from fewer naive people who blame the community for something that was unavoidable.

    The mentality of "you used a service that was obviously going to be implemented, therefor I'm going to be a dick to you" is just laughable.
    That's some heavily retarded "logic" here.
    I guess you fall right into this mentality :

    People seem to need some safety blanket for being an ass and will look for any justification.

  6. #126
    Played since Vanilla. Haven't logged into BC but I will boost.

    DGAF what anyone else thinks, lol. I'm a dad too. Good luck

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Anyone who sincerely expected Blizzard to not introduce a Cash Shop in Classic deserves to be /spit on too. This game could benefit from fewer naive people who blame the community for something that was unavoidable.
    I find it odd to equate the stance that a cashshop should not be added to naivity.
    If anything, i feel disappointment, not surprise.

    I don't think a lot of people were surprised, quite frankly, as no one will be surprised when they add the WoW Token.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Obviously Blizzard's doing something right if these people who feel so strongly are still playing, as the cash shop is implemented for the second time.
    That logic is pretty stupid, because it effectively divides the community into two camps, anyone that doesn't quit over the boost, is somehow supporting / engaging in it.

    Especially when you talk about cash shops, as people engaging in a cash shop are frankly more valueable to Blizzard than those that don't.
    They are "doing something right", yes, the trick of losing 25% of their players in a four year span and still making a record profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Trying to force other people to speak with their wallet when you won't is ridiculous.
    I think expecting anyone to quit over the cashshop that doesn't like it is ridiculous, i still enjoy the game, the cash shop degrades this experience, but not enough to the point where i'm willing to quit over it.

    That's why i criticize the cash shop, because it degrades my experience and i'm not the kind of person that pays for progression in video games.

    Simply because i don't like certain parts of my job, doesn't mean i'm going to quit over them, does this mean i'm not allowed to point out any issues that i have at my workplace?
    Asking people to take the most radical option left to them whenever they don't like something is frankly not a reasonable stance.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I find it odd to equate the stance that a cashshop should not be added to naivity.
    If anything, i feel disappointment, not surprise.

    I don't think a lot of people were surprised, quite frankly, as no one will be surprised when they add the WoW Token.

    That logic is pretty stupid, because it effectively divides the community into two camps, anyone that doesn't quit over the boost, is somehow supporting / engaging in it.

    Especially when you talk about cash shops, as people engaging in a cash shop are frankly more valueable to Blizzard than those that don't.
    They are "doing something right", yes, the trick of losing 25% of their players in a four year span and still making a record profit.

    I think expecting anyone to quit over the cashshop that doesn't like it is ridiculous, i still enjoy the game, the cash shop degrades this experience, but not enough to the point where i'm willing to quit over it.

    That's why i criticize the cash shop, because it degrades my experience and i'm not the kind of person that pays for progression in video games.

    Simply because i don't like certain parts of my job, doesn't mean i'm going to quit over them, does this mean i'm not allowed to point out any issues that i have at my workplace?
    Asking people to take the most radical option left to them whenever they don't like something is frankly not a reasonable stance.
    my experience is degraded having to play 1-58 when I've done it 4x during classic.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    my experience is degraded having to play 1-58 when I've done it 4x during classic.
    If your experience is degraded by playing the game, then that's on you.
    You can bounce around it all you like, leveling is part of the game, that is how WoW was initially designed.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I find it odd to equate the stance that a cashshop should not be added to naivity.
    If anything, i feel disappointment, not surprise.
    And that's what's naïve about it. Why would you be disappointed? Why would you think they would not implement services/products? Because they said something about "original design intent" at Blizzcon?

    I think expecting anyone to quit over the cashshop that doesn't like it is ridiculous, i still enjoy the game, the cash shop degrades this experience, but not enough to the point where i'm willing to quit over it.

    That's why i criticize the cash shop, because it degrades my experience and i'm not the kind of person that pays for progression in video games.

    Simply because i don't like certain parts of my job, doesn't mean i'm going to quit over them, does this mean i'm not allowed to point out any issues that i have at my workplace?
    Asking people to take the most radical option left to them whenever they don't like something is frankly not a reasonable stance.
    Expecting people to not use services that obviously benefit them or that they enjoy because you don't like it is just as ridiculous.

    Why is your job being used as a comparison? If you don't like your job, you should find a new one, if you have that ability. Not really the same thing since one is optional (WoW) and the other isn't (job).

    So to answer your kinda-question: Yes, if something - anything - is so frustrating that you're taking it out on other people who are otherwise enjoying it, you should do a new thing. The answer is not "be a miserable jerk to others" and I'm not sure why you'd try to justify that.

  11. #131
    I've yet to encounter anyone in game that has actually given a single shit that I boosted.

  12. #132
    The Insane Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    18,992
    Speaking as someone with no intention of buying the boost, because I find leveling fun and enjoy going out to see what's beyond that next hill, this whole anti-booster thing people have picked as their hill to die on feels a lot like people find a way to say they score poorly on emotional intelligence tests without saying they score poorly on emotional intelligence tests.

    There are two glaring failures in logic at work here. First and foremost, being an ass to people who have already purchased the one-and-done service is not going to discourage them from buying the service. They already have it, and they're not going to stop leveling up their boosted character just because someone's malding out in chat at them. Secondly, someone else seeing some random malding out at some other random isn't going to discourage them from buying the boost if they decide to buy it. There is no win condition here, just a bunch of spergs who can't mind their own business and employ the ingame tools to curate their game experience quietly like adults who have to announce to the world their inability to control their emotions.

    The second failure in logic is: at what point does attempting the same actions in the same context and genuinely expecting different results go from stubbornness to a legitimate inability to learn from experience? People have been dicks to people who engage in the cash shop since WotLK, consistently and in the exact same ways, for thirteen years now. Nothing has changed, and the same people scream the same profanities and, as noted above, can't just use ingame tools to curate their experience, they have to let everyone else know they're doing so as if anyone gives a damn that they get triggered over other peoples' monetary expenditures.

    Meanwhie, Blizzard continues to laugh all the way to the bank because almost no real pressure is applied to the company itself to stop wasting developer time and resources designing unique mount assets for the store instead of designing them for ingame accomplishments. The people who engage in the cash shop have not, do not, and will not care what a bunch of sweatlords on the internet think of them and harassing them (or even just randomly being a dick to them) isn't going to convince them to stop using it, any more than being a dick to people in LFR gear is going to convince them to stop running LFR. That's why I consider it an abject failure of logic to behave the way people on this forum are, because after 13 years you think people would have realized what they're doing isn't working and the answer isn't to quintuple down on a failed course of action, it's figure out how to put pressure on the company itself.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!



  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If your experience is degraded by playing the game, then that's on you.
    You can bounce around it all you like, leveling is part of the game, that is how WoW was initially designed.
    Is leveling from 58-70 not leveling?

    Is playing through Burning Crusade content NOT playing the game?

    Is buying and using a boost...implemented BY BLIZZARD to be used as part of TBC Classic, not playing the game the way they designed?

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    And that's what's naïve about it. Why would you be disappointed? Why would you think they would not implement services/products?
    Because they said something about "original design intent" at Blizzcon?
    ...Because it wasn't part of the original game and frankly the absence of a cash shop was certainly a plus for me.

    After all, Classic did not have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Expecting people to not use services that obviously benefit them or that they enjoy because you don't like it is just as ridiculous.
    I'm not expecting anything of fellow players, nor did i say or imply anything that would suggest this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Why is your job being used as a comparison? If you don't like your job, you should find a new one, if you have that ability. Not really the same thing since one is optional (WoW) and the other isn't (job).
    Because in your mind only two extremes exist, it's either you enjoy something or you don't, when in reality, some parts i enjoy and others i don't.

    I naturally weigh these two and if possible try to rectify the negative ones, not instantly break down the house the second i don't enjoy a certain element of it.
    I have no idea how such simple logic can elude you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    The answer is not "be a miserable jerk to others" and I'm not sure why you'd try to justify that.
    I don't /spit on people, nor do i much care about these people at all.
    You just pull these assumptions of your ass, despite the fact that i have never said i partake or openly support such behavior.

    I don't like the store, that is my stance, but i don't go out of my way to antagonize those that engage with it, but in the same vein, don't expect me to white knight for those when they're being "offended" by others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Is leveling from 58-70 not leveling?
    Leveling from 1-60 is also leveling.
    What is your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Is playing through Burning Crusade content NOT playing the game?
    Kalimdor & EK are still part of TBC.

    If the intention of TBC Classic was only to be solely about Outland, then the logical stance would be to get free 58 for everyone, so everyone gets to Outland right off the bat, not create a paid option for those that don't like a certain aspect of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Is buying and using a boost...implemented BY BLIZZARD to be used as part of TBC Classic, not playing the game the way they designed?
    Considering it is a rerelease that still wants to be authentic to the original product, where no such service existed, it is certainly a breakaway.

    Blizzard is free to add whatever they want to TBC Classic, that doesn't necessarily mean it fits with how TBC actually was.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-08 at 01:56 PM.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Leveling from 1-60 is also leveling.
    What is your point?
    That leveling from 58-70 is still leveling, and therefore also part of the game.

    Kalimdor & EK are still part of TBC.
    Not really. The only truly TBC content in Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms are the starting zones for Draenei and Blood Elves, the other zones are all Classic zones, not TBC zones.

    Are you also going to try and argue that Pandaria is part of Legion, BfA or Shadowlands content?

    If the intention of TBC Classic was only to be solely about Outland, then the logical stance would be to get free 58 for everyone, so everyone gets to Outland right off the bat.
    How do you figure?

    The entire game is still called World of Warcraft and includes all content released for it. Burning Crusade content is the content released in and for Burning Crusade, but it's ALL WoW content.

    They want you to play their game, and have offered a paid service to skip right to the most current content, if you want.

    The game is not just TBC content, I agree, but TBC content is also not the content that was available prior to TBC.

    Considering it is a rerelease that still wants to be authentic to the original product, where no such service existed, it is certainly a breakaway.

    Blizzard is free to add whatever they want to TBC Classic, that doesn't necessarily mean it fits with how TBC actually was.
    True, just pointing out that Blizzard literally designed and implemented the boost too. So to try and argue that people using the boost aren't playing the game "as designed" is a little silly.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    ...Because it wasn't part of the original game and frankly the absence of a cash shop was certainly a plus for me.

    After all, Classic did not have one.

    I'm not expecting anything of fellow players, nor did i say or imply anything that would suggest this.

    Because in your mind only two extremes exist, it's either you enjoy something or you don't, when in reality, some parts i enjoy and others i don't.

    I naturally weigh these two and if possible try to rectify the negative ones, not instantly break down the house the second i don't enjoy a certain element of it.
    I have no idea how such simple logic can elude you.

    I don't /spit on people, nor do i much care about these people at all.
    You just pull these assumptions of your ass, despite the fact that i have never said i partake or openly support such behavior.

    I don't like the store, that is my stance, but i don't go out of my way to antagonize those that engage with it, but in the same vein, don't expect me to white knight for those when they're being "offended" by others.
    We're in a thread about people actively ostracizing/excluding others and you're coming here to tell us that you do none of these things? Ok, great. Then none of this applies to you.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If your experience is degraded by playing the game, then that's on you.
    You can bounce around it all you like, leveling is part of the game, that is how WoW was initially designed.
    Maybe people want to play Burning Crusade and not badly designed Classic Leveling Zones which serve the only purpose of timegating by forcing you to do nothing but walk slowly for 90% of the experience.

  18. #138
    Going to be honest I feel boosting hate was more just a symptom of pre-patch boredom. Sure, you might join a Ramps group in full communal gear and get kicked still but that happens to people that boost or not depending on gear, spec, and class. Now that people have other shit to do they could mostly care less. Yeah, some hardcore haters will always exist but that is pretty much the state of any online video game. Just go to the AH and buy like 100g of greens and no one will even know the difference anyway. That is if it matters THAT much to you.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That leveling from 58-70 is still leveling, and therefore also part of the game.
    Yes, so is 1-58.

    This is such stupid logic, you'd also still have to "level" a character if the boost went all the way up to 69.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Not really. The only truly TBC content in Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms are the starting zones for Draenei and Blood Elves, the other zones are all Classic zones, not TBC zones.
    Considering Blood elves and Draenei start at level one and aren't 58 when they leave their respective zones, i don't think so.

    If you started a character in TBC, it started at 1, not 58.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Are you also going to try and argue that Pandaria is part of Legion, BfA or Shadowlands content?
    I mean, based on the fact how they revamped leveling in Retail, the situation is a more difficult, because unlike in TBC, it's designed in such a way that you can literally skip those on alts, but you have to level at least one of the previous expansion zones.

    And that's not even tackling the argument that leveling is a far smaller portion in Retail of the game than it is in TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    How do you figure?
    Because then pretty everybody will play exclusively TBC content without giving Blizzard more money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    but TBC content is also not the content that was available prior to TBC.
    Due to the fact there was no service that lifted your character right to 58, yes it is.

    Characters started at level one, even in TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    So to try and argue that people using the boost aren't playing the game "as designed" is a little silly.
    Yeah, you just forget the little detail that TBC was not designed by current Blizzard.

    Back then, Blizzard didn't give you an option to skip a time consuming activity because you were willing to pay for it, they wanted that every player has spent a modicum of time of time leveling their characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    We're in a thread about people actively ostracizing/excluding others and you're coming here to tell us that you do none of these things? Ok, great. Then none of this applies to you.
    Not my problem when you lack the reading comprehension to seperate between "i do not like the store" and "I openly ostracize people".

    After all, my replies towards your posts exclusively concerned the cashshop and the logic "if you don't like the cash shop, you should quit!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Maybe people want to play Burning Crusade and not badly designed Classic Leveling Zones which serve the only purpose of timegating by forcing you to do nothing but walk slowly for 90% of the experience.
    Okay, right off the bat, using the word "timegate" in this context is a criminal misuse of the term.
    Timegate generally refers to mechanics that artifically block you from progressing, such as a weekly cap or a given questchain not progressing until Blizzard allows you to.

    A timeconsuming activity is not "timegating".

    Second, in my opinion, players should not have the ability to opt out of a given content and still acquire the rewards somehow, if you want the reward from a given content because you find it "boring", then you should deal with that "boring" content.
    Some people also consider farming gold "boring", so we should just add a way for people to purchase gold, so they can buy epic Flying & BiS Items off the AH?
    Some people also don't like farming dungeons, maybe we should add an option to lift attunements for them as well?

    This is the crux, if you have massive gripes with time consuming activities in TBC, then the TBC endgame is not suited for you.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-08 at 03:25 PM.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Okay, right off the bat, using the word "timegate" in this context is a criminal misuse of the term.
    Timegate generally refers to mechanics that artifically block you from progressing, such as a weekly cap or a given questchain not progressing until Blizzard allows you to.

    A timeconsuming activity is not "timegating".

    Second, in my opinion, players should not have the ability to opt out of a given content and still acquire the rewards somehow, if you want the reward from a given content because you find it "boring", then you should deal with that "boring" content.
    Some people also consider farming gold "boring", so we should just add a way for people to purchase gold, so they can buy epic Flying & BiS Items off the AH?
    Some people also don't like farming dungeons, maybe we should add an option to lift attunements for them as well?

    This is the crux, if you have massive gripes with time consuming activities in TBC, then the TBC endgame is not suited for you.
    The game literally lets you constantly walk around between zones and even continents in fetch quests due and inconsistent leveling ranges and that on food for two thirds of the Journey, to artifically stretch the time it needs to reach 60. Only with Burning Crusade, Blizzard started to develop semi-competent leveling zones.

    The fact that you are spending most of leveling with playing a walk simulator is objectively bad design and it is bad enough that Blizzard demands extra fees to skip their badly designed vanilla zone.

    And your opinion doesn't matter. 1-60 leveling takes no skill even inside a game like Burning Crusade that already takes barely any skill to beat the most difficult content. And just to break your illusions: Everyone who ever did a m0 dungeon in Retail is overqualified to defeat the hardest content Burning Crusade has to offer. And you know, you can at any time remove boosts from the game. All you need to do is to pull yourself up your bootstraps and buy the property.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •