Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yes, so is 1-58.

    This is such stupid logic, you'd also still have to "level" a character if the boost went all the way up to 69.
    It's YOUR logic. You're the one that brought up the fact that leveling is part of the game. Those who buy the boost still have to level and "play the game." Are you saying that it's not leveling because it's fewer levels?

    Considering Blood elves and Draenei start at level one and aren't 58 when they leave their respective zones, i don't think so.

    If you started a character in TBC, it started at 1, not 58.
    So they start in TBC content, have to level through Classic/Vanilla content before they again end up in TBC content.

    It's the same in Retail. The entire game is not [Current Expansion] content just because you touch it while leveling or playing during a certain expansion. The content released with that specific expansion is that specific expansions content.

    I mean, based on the fact how they revamped leveling in Retail, the situation is a more difficult, because unlike in TBC, it's designed in such a way that you can literally skip those on alts, but you have to level at least one of the previous expansion zones.

    And that's not even tackling the argument that leveling is a far smaller portion in Retail of the game than it is in TBC.
    The game taking an overall longer time to level through doesn't change what pieces of content belong to which expansion.

    Because then pretty everybody will play exclusively TBC content without giving Blizzard more money.
    Except a subscription.

    Due to the fact there was no service that lifted your character right to 58, yes it is.

    Characters started at level one, even in TBC.
    Characters start at level 1 in Retail. That doesn't change what content was released in which expansion.

    Yeah, you just forget the little detail that TBC was not designed by current Blizzard.

    Back then, Blizzard didn't give you an option to skip a time consuming activity because you were willing to pay for it, they wanted that every player has spent a modicum of time of time leveling their characters.
    Blizzard is Blizzard here. They released TBC Classic with this option, therefore the TBC Classic design includes the boost.

  2. #142
    Most of the hate is on forums and is promoted by a very small group of toxic people, no one in their right mind cares about them. Just ignore and play as much as you want, in the way you want.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-06-08 at 04:22 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

    Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

    Not my problem when you lack the reading comprehension to seperate between "i do not like the store" and "I openly ostracize people".

    After all, my replies towards your posts exclusively concerned the cashshop and the logic "if you don't like the cash shop, you should quit!".
    If I have to add "within the context of this 7+ page discussion" then the reading comprehension failure isn't on me. I shouldn't have to add "if you make others miserable" in a thread literally titled "Safe place to boost".

  4. #144
    To the people saying the problem was only in the pre-patch, this is incorrect. There are still people who spam for dungeons with "no boosties". You can do one of two things, either just put the people advertising like this on ignore (you dont want to group with idiots like that anyways), or just swap out any of the "communal" gear with gear thats literally worse than it and laugh at the idiots actually inviting you because you dont have any of that gear. Just reequip it right before your first pull.

    I boosted a protection paladin and I love mentioning at the end of the dungeon that I was a boost and I have never played a paladin before i boosted it, especially when I get compliments on my ability. It's great.

  5. #145
    The Patient kingpinuk880's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    243
    There are relaxed/family guilds everywhere. Just go into medium population server at least and you will easy find them. No one really cares now about the boost as people have moved on and got level 70 shit to do. Just jump in and get playing

  6. #146
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    Right in the soul. Fucking hurts to see TBC as pay2win.
    Hitting lvl58 and getting a mount is winning now? Oh okay.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFuzZ7 View Post
    I boosted a protection paladin and I love mentioning at the end of the dungeon that I was a boost and I have never played a paladin before i boosted it, especially when I get compliments on my ability. It's great.
    Weirdest flex I may probably have seen, ever.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    The game literally lets you constantly walk around between zones and even continents in fetch quests due and inconsistent leveling ranges and that on food for two thirds of the Journey, to artifically stretch the time it needs to reach 60. Only with Burning Crusade, Blizzard started to develop semi-competent leveling zones.
    Due to the leveling changes made, you can skip the vast majority of extremely annoying quests.

    Also, you get your mount with 30 at a much more affordable price, i might add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    The fact that you are spending most of leveling with playing a walk simulator is objectively bad design and it is bad enough that Blizzard demands extra fees to skip their badly designed vanilla zone.
    [Opinion]
    Putting aside that i find it hilarious to complain about the quality of content of a rerelease when it's working as intended, if you have an issue with how old school games were designed, then i'm afraid that's an issue you only can solve by avoiding such games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    And your opinion doesn't matter. 1-60 leveling takes no skill even inside a game like Burning Crusade that already takes barely any skill to beat the most difficult content.
    I didn't raise the argument about skill, it's about the mindset.
    The fact your first thought goes to skill shows how utterly unsuited it is, if you don't like timesinks, MMO's that are more old school like TBC aren't for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's YOUR logic. You're the one that brought up the fact that leveling is part of the game.
    Yes, 1-60 is part of the game, not 58-70, not 69-70.

    You're just trying to somehow argue that because one still needs to level a character from 58 that leveling is somehow unblemished, when in reality the boost is a huge skip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    So they start in TBC content, have to level through Classic/Vanilla content before they again end up in TBC content.
    Where they spend the majority of their time in Classic content, i find it odd that this is somehow an argument.

    If it was a short detour, yeah okay, but 1-20 is unquestionably smaller than 20-58.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's the same in Retail. The entire game is not [Current Expansion] content just because you touch it while leveling or playing during a certain expansion. The content released with that specific expansion is that specific expansions content.
    No, because Retail has multiple expansions and you have the ability to choose from an expansions - but you must choose one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The game taking an overall longer time to level through doesn't change what pieces of content belong to which expansion.
    It does change it because it's a larger portion of the game, you don't knock out 1-58 in a few hours, whereas on Retail you most certainly do 1-50 within a few hours.

    Retail places a far heavier emphasis on endgame content, whereas leveling is a sizeable portion when you play a character in Classic / TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Except a subscription.
    Yes, and?
    Seems a stupid remark considering i haven't argued that TBC should be for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Characters start at level 1 in Retail. That doesn't change what content was released in which expansion.
    Yes and in Retail you get to choose the expansion you want to play through, leveling in TBC and Retail aren't compareable, simply based on the fact that Retail follows a different philosophy than TBC.

    If you want another example of that: Professions, in TBC, you have to go through 1-300 (a.k.a. Classic content) whereas on Retail you can completely skip over that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Blizzard is Blizzard here. They released TBC Classic with this option, therefore the TBC Classic design includes the boost.
    Yeah and back in 2007 they didn't release a leveling boost and TBC Classic's design should take the original TBC as guideline, not break with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    If I have to add "within the context of this 7+ page discussion" then the reading comprehension failure isn't on me. I shouldn't have to add "if you make others miserable" in a thread literally titled "Safe place to boost".
    Huh?
    I replied to remarks from you exclusively towards the topics i chose to engage, not my problem if you read anything else into it.

    Like, you just fucked up and assumed things about me that just aren't true, stop trying to make a dance around it.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-08 at 05:31 PM.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yes, 1-60 is part of the game, not 58-70, not 69-70.

    You're just trying to somehow argue that because one still needs to level a character from 58 that leveling is somehow unblemished, when in reality the boost is a huge skip.
    I never said it was unblemished. Just that 58-70 is leveling. Per your logic, leveling is pat of the game, therefore by leveling from 58-70 people ARE playing the game.

    Where they spend the majority of their time in Classic content, i find it odd that this is somehow an argument.

    If it was a short detour, yeah okay, but 1-20 is unquestionably smaller than 20-58.
    And the content they are playing through from ~20-58 is NOT TBC content, it's Classic/Vanilla content. It's all part of World of Warcraft, yes, but it's not all part of the same expansion.

    Just as the content from 1-50 in Retail is not Shadowlands content.

    No, because Retail has multiple expansions and you have the ability to choose from an expansions - but you must choose one.
    This isn't accurate. You don't HAVE to choose just one, you can go back to Chromie and change which expansion you want to level in if you want.

    It does change it because it's a larger portion of the game, you don't knock out 1-58 in a few hours, whereas on Retail you most certainly do 1-50 within a few hours.

    Retail places a far heavier emphasis on endgame content, whereas leveling is a sizeable portion when you play a character in Classic / TBC.
    I'm simply talking about the content, not how long it takes to consume it.

    You're conflating those two things.

    The zones and content that existed prior to TBC are NOT TBC content.

    Yes, and?
    Seems a stupid remark considering i haven't argued that TBC should be for free.
    OK, if you say so.

    Yes and in Retail you get to choose the expansion you want to play through, leveling in TBC and Retail aren't compareable, simply based on the fact that Retail follows a different philosophy than TBC.

    If you want another example of that: Professions, in TBC, you have to go through 1-300 (a.k.a. Classic content) whereas on Retail you can completely skip over that.
    TBC content is not Classic/Vanilla content. As much as you might want to make it so, it's simply not true.

    It's all part of the World of Warcraft experience, I'll give you that, though.

    Yeah and back in 2007 they didn't release a leveling boost and TBC Classic's design should take the original TBC as guideline, not break with it.
    Yeah well.....they did break with it, obviously. Deal with it.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I never said it was unblemished. Just that 58-70 is leveling. Per your logic, leveling is pat of the game, therefore by leveling from 58-70 people ARE playing the game.
    It's just a very dishonest view of what was stated, because in the context of the boost, one could clearly discern what "leveling is part of the game" means, because 1-60 naturally what the boost skips over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    And the content they are playing through from ~20-58 is NOT TBC content, it's Classic/Vanilla content. It's all part of World of Warcraft, yes, but it's not all part of the same expansion.
    It's still content a character has to engage when they want to reach that sort of content, because that is how any character starts off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This isn't accurate. You don't HAVE to choose just one, you can go back to Chromie and change which expansion you want to level in if you want.
    This seems more like a detail that bears nothing to the argument - okay, now what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm simply talking about the content, not how long it takes to consume it.
    It does, because due to the fact that it was completely unskippable and took so much time, it's clear that this was meant a big part of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You're conflating those two things.
    No, you're just trying to justify the boost through logic that doesn't make sense, a character starts at 1, you get 58 by doing Classic content, not TBC content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Yeah well.....they did break with it, obviously. Deal with it.
    I deal with it, i am however more than glad to point out the obvious holes that justify the boost, which solely leaves two reasons
    (1) Blizzard is greedy
    (2) Players are lazy
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-08 at 06:12 PM.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    [snip]

    What an amazing observation.
    I know....but, it's the truth.

    Blizzard implemented it. Period. You don't have to like it, and people who use it don't have to justify it if they don't want to.

  12. #152
    Warchief roboscorcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    Play on a PvE realm. I play in a gamer-dad guild on Westfall, this server is pretty chill.

    There seems to be a major conflict between boosters and min-maxers. I think both sides could benefit from remembering that all of us are people, logging into a game to kill monsters, get gear, and have fun.

    If you're a veteran, give newbies advice before chewing them out.

    If you're a newbie, take that advice to heart, instead of making excuses.

  13. #153
    Wouldn’t shock me if boosted players were better than classic Andys. All my friends from top 20 US guilds boosted a character to play TBC. They will be destroying the classic Andys shortly.

  14. #154
    Just do some quests, buy cheap stuff off the AH and you'll have decent enough gear in no time. So wait until 61ish to group up. Oh and I guess its obvious but play on a PVE server for sure.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Play on a PvE realm. I play in a gamer-dad guild on Westfall, this server is pretty chill.

    There seems to be a major conflict between boosters and min-maxers. I think both sides could benefit from remembering that all of us are people, logging into a game to kill monsters, get gear, and have fun.

    If you're a veteran, give newbies advice before chewing them out.

    If you're a newbie, take that advice to heart, instead of making excuses.
    Thanks for the reply, but it looks like your realm is full. Back in the day I was on Aegwynn PvP realm. We never got Isle Dailies done because we ended up forming raid groups to do world PvP, and then you couldn't get credit for quest in a raid group, but we had fun none the less.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    Wouldn’t shock me if boosted players were better than classic Andys. All my friends from top 20 US guilds boosted a character to play TBC. They will be destroying the classic Andys shortly.
    people who start wow for the first time are likely better than the averege classic andy

  17. #157
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Taco Bell
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    What are you talking about vast majority don't cares about boosters, safe space? Are you so fragile you need a safe space for a few loud nerds?
    It takes you few minutes to learn the binds just do few quests before entering dungeons. I healed ramparts as boosted 59 spriest with 4 other either freshly dinged or boosters and it was easy.
    There's no need to be rude or mean about it.
    I'm a crazy taco.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You mean the leveling dungeons that are designed to be done by people with lvling gear. The sort of gear that you get when you boost? It isn't heroic where mobs can turn around and one shot players in raid gear.
    Boosted gear is not leveling gear. IF he was leveling he'd have better items from quest rewards. Its gear to start questing at best...

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You mean the leveling dungeons that are designed to be done by people with lvling gear. The sort of gear that you get when you boost? It isn't heroic where mobs can turn around and one shot players in raid gear.
    I agree with your sentiment but holy hell the boosted gear is really, really bad. Like, level 30 green quality.

  20. #160
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    Lol @ the idea that boosters automatically don't know how to play. Most boosters, including the op, are old players.

    Equally lol @ the people who think leveling tells you shit.

    By all means, the knobs who demand their smooooooth experience can group with whoever they want, but if you manner of selection is who boosted Vs who didn't is laughable.
    You assume much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •