Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    You assume much.
    the people assuming a person who boosts is inexperienced or lack skill are the ones doing the assuming.........
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

  2. #162
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Literaly zero people gives a shit. Boost your toon up and come enjoy TBC.
    I care.
    10 chars

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Boosted gear is not leveling gear. IF he was leveling he'd have better items from quest rewards. Its gear to start questing at best...
    What do you mean "at best"? The boosted gear has you absolutely tearing through the quests in HFP, without any resistance at all. By lvl 60, you will be in full greens and blues from TBC, and just like that, within about 2 hours, you have goner from 58 to 60, and have appropriate gear for the dungeons...........
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sites have their own audiences with their own specialized opinion makers.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Dont dads have balls? You seem to be lacking.. grow a pair and just do it.
    Well yeah, wife keeps them. To save storage space she usually just gives a certain passive/aggressive look, until she gets them out either when "we" decide to reproduce or comes February 29 (whichever comes first).

    Regardless, balls aren't the issue, nor is effort, difficulty or challeng - it's time, or rather the accute lack of it that could be dedicated to WoW.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    Man up and play where you want holy god lol.

    Its like asking what beach you could go to where teens won't laugh at your socks or some weird crap.

  6. #166
    Does that make a difference?

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Is leveling from 58-70 not leveling?

    Is playing through Burning Crusade content NOT playing the game?

    Is buying and using a boost...implemented BY BLIZZARD to be used as part of TBC Classic, not playing the game the way they designed?
    That's certainly not playing the way it was ORIGINALLY designed.
    You remember that Classic exists to begin with precisely because WoW today is not designed as it was before ?

  8. #168
    Immortal TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,963
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Well yeah, wife keeps them. To save storage space she usually just gives a certain passive/aggressive look, until she gets them out either when "we" decide to reproduce or comes February 29 (whichever comes first).

    Regardless, balls aren't the issue, nor is effort, difficulty or challeng - it's time, or rather the accute lack of it that could be dedicated to WoW.
    What?? You mean there's people that don't live on benefits/welfare with all the time in the world that play WoW??? THIS IS SCANDALOUS!

    Whilst there is a lot of bad things surrounding the boost, I really like the idea that people like the OP are able to jump into TBC and play a game they enjoy. Some people seem to live in their own world where their situation is the only one that exists. Time constraints are a real pain in the ass, especially with something like WoW and also the Classic iterations.

    OP: Buy your boost and play whatever you want, you'll find a guild in the end with likeminded people. Ignore the braindead basement dwellers and just have fun, good guilds won't give a crap that you've bought a boost.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    I`ve experienced the opposite, alot of people looking for players for their dungeon spam groups are advertising with "be geared", and by geared, they mean full bis t3 or so
    lmfao @op - to bad this poster didnt include his server and faction - - you could stay clear :P
    imo roll horde Mankrik
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You don't have to like it, and people who use it don't have to justify it if they don't want to.
    Funny enough, there are more than enough people attempting to justify the boost.

    After all, i'm not justifying why i'm not using the boost, nor is this somehow relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Time constraints are a real pain in the ass, especially with something like WoW and also the Classic iterations.
    I think it continues to be an excuse.

    The first hints at TBC dropped last year, it was announced over 4 months ago, if one would taken the hints, it would have been more than easy to cap a character in Classic even with a limited amount of time.

    After all, those time constraints don't magically vanish once you're 58, leveling to 70 also takes time, putting aside that the endgame itself is also very brutal on people that face serious time constraints.
    Like, if you have 4 hours to play each week, then it's going to take you a lot of time to hit even 70, get attuned for Kara and after T4 it's game over until they lift the attunement requirements for T5, because with that sort schedule, even getting revered with the heroic factions is going to take awhile, putting aside that the necessary questchains also eat up some time.

    Unless you can take some time off to knock these things out, TBC endgame is very time consuming.

    This is just the reality of old school MMO's, they are time consuming.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-09 at 10:52 AM.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

    After all, those time constraints don't magically vanish once you're 58, leveling to 70 also takes time, putting aside that the endgame itself is also very brutal on people that face serious time constraints.
    Like, if you have 4 hours to play each week, then it's going to take you a lot of time to hit even 70, get attuned for Kara and after T4 it's game over until they lift the attunement requirements for T5, because with that sort schedule, even getting revered with the heroic factions is going to take awhile, putting aside that the necessary questchains also eat up some time.

    Unless you can take some time off to knock these things out, TBC endgame is very time consuming.

    This is just the reality of old school MMO's, they are time consuming.
    Then there isn’t really a “problem”. MMO’s don’t fit many lifestyles, and that’s okay. The boost isn’t absolving anyone of the entire burden, just getting them to the relevant one (TBC).

  12. #172
    Immortal TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    7,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think it continues to be an excuse.

    The first hints at TBC dropped last year, it was announced over 4 months ago, if one would taken the hints, it would have been more than easy to cap a character in Classic even with a limited amount of time.

    After all, those time constraints don't magically vanish once you're 58, leveling to 70 also takes time, putting aside that the endgame itself is also very brutal on people that face serious time constraints.
    Like, if you have 4 hours to play each week, then it's going to take you a lot of time to hit even 70, get attuned for Kara and after T4 it's game over until they lift the attunement requirements for T5, because with that sort schedule, even getting revered with the heroic factions is going to take awhile, putting aside that the necessary questchains also eat up some time.

    Unless you can take some time off to knock these things out, TBC endgame is very time consuming.

    This is just the reality of old school MMO's, they are time consuming.
    That's exactly what I would've done, leveled a 60 char ready and got a bit of gold in preparation for it. I guess maybe some people didn't know until it was a bit late, or weren't able to at that time maybe. Sure, it doesn't get you to 70, but it's more than half way there at least and a chance to jump straight into Outland with your other levelling buddies.

    Maybe not everyone's goal is to clear all content etc. Casual PvE/PvP, maybe they're just happy to get to play some "relevant" content of TBC. If some of these boosted people have played TBC in the past, then I assume they will know the time constraints of max level and what they are able/actually want to do at end game.

    Indeed they are more consuming. I have the opinion that they shouldn't cater to people that have time constraints at max level and it's basically tough if you can't play whatever is needed as they are not for everyone, but I like that the boost is a chance for people to at least play the most recent expansion and maybe with their friends also.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    If you are Horde, Mankrik has a guild called Aged to Perfection. You can guess that it is an older crowd. Let me know if you'd like more info.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Boosted gear is not leveling gear. IF he was leveling he'd have better items from quest rewards. Its gear to start questing at best...
    Thank you for saying I'm wrong but then correcting yourself by saying what I am saying in your own words. I appreciate the support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    The boost isn’t absolving anyone of the entire burden, just getting them to the relevant one (TBC).
    Huh?
    There is a problem: If you don't "have" the time to level a character, how are you supposed to tackle anything relevant of the content you want to access?

    Do the time constraints somehow vanish once you're in TBC?
    No, they don't.
    Does the time consuming stuff somehow vanish once you're in TBC?
    No, it doesn't.

    The boost is equivalent to buying a degree, sure, you can put it on your resume, but that doesn't automatically you can fulfill a role where such a degree is necessary.
    Of course, that doesn't mean anyone that uses the boost doesn't have the time, but sure a lot of people openly says: I don't have the time to level a character, to which i ask: Then how do you plan on playing TBC if time is such a constraining factor for you?

    I'm not pretending leveling is somehow challenging, but the time consuming portion certainly sets the stage for the rest of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Maybe not everyone's goal is to clear all content etc. Casual PvE/PvP, maybe they're just happy to get to play some "relevant" content of TBC. If some of these boosted people have played TBC in the past, then I assume they will know the time constraints of max level and what they are able/actually want to do at end game.
    Even PvP is time consuming because the blue resilience gear doesn't fall out of the sky.

    After all, there were massive complaints over the honor rates during pre patch (despite being pretty authentic from what i've seen), items in TBC aren't exactly much cheaper by comparison.

    This continues to be pretty much a red line throughout TBC, when you have a problem with mechanics that are built towards a mentality of "chipping of small pieces off a huge block" that are on top of that often tied to mundane activities (not unfamiliar to leveling i might add), then TBC is absolutely the wrong expansion, at every single angle, be it Raids, Dungeons, PvP, Factions or Professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    but I like that the boost is a chance for people to at least play the most recent expansion and maybe with their friends also.
    I precisely dislike the boost because it creates / attracts an audience that holds the expectations that they can skip parts of the game as long as they wave with their wallet.

    After all, once the WoW Token comes out in TBC (or Wotlk if we're lucky), we'll be dancing to the same tune once again.
    "leveling farming gold is boring"
    "because of boosting goldbuyers the economy leveling experience is fucked anyway"
    "I'd rather pay money to get to the stuff i enjoy in the game"
    "I didn't play [Previous version], so now i can catch up easily"
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-09 at 09:37 PM.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Thank you for saying I'm wrong but then correcting yourself by saying what I am saying in your own words. I appreciate the support.
    Let me simplify it for you. If he is going to boost he should simply quest and not try and do dungeons because he probably has no idea how to play his class effectively. It's not guaranteed, but likely.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Huh?
    There is a problem: If you don't "have" the time to level a character, how are you supposed to tackle anything relevant of the content you want to access?

    Do the time constraints somehow vanish once you're in TBC?
    No, they don't.
    Does the time consuming stuff somehow vanish once you're in TBC?
    No, it doesn't.

    The boost is equivalent to buying a degree, sure, you can put it on your resume, but that doesn't automatically you can fulfill a role where such a degree is necessary.
    Of course, that doesn't mean anyone that uses the boost doesn't have the time, but sure a lot of people openly says: I don't have the time to level a character, to which i ask: Then how do you plan on playing TBC if time is such a constraining factor for you?

    I'm not pretending leveling is somehow challenging, but the time consuming portion certainly sets the stage for the rest of the game.
    This is why my view of the boost is what it is. For all the reasons you listed, I don’t view it as removing an obstacle.

    You were def right a while ago when you said boosters who didn’t play Classic would flake. I see it with a few socials in my guild and friends list.

    The bulk majority of the people who could impact me by using the boost simply won’t make it, because it’s not removing the obstacle. It’s just getting you to the relevant one. If you don’t enjoy the grind, nothing changes and I’ll never see you.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Let me simplify it for you. If he is going to boost he should simply quest and not try and do dungeons because he probably has no idea how to play his class effectively. It's not guaranteed, but likely.
    Where is the evidence for that assumption? I say that a boosted character is more likely someone who played TBC and doesn't want the hassel of leveling in Classic. Running a single dungeon is enough for this player to sort themselves out and remember how to play.

    I guess if you're wrong you just make something else up about this supposed useless group of people. Is it jealousy? What about this group of people make you so upset that you think "...he should simply quest and not try and do dungeons because he probably has no idea how to play his class effectively...". That's like saying all boosters are night elves because you've grouped with 6 of them and they were night elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I don’t view it as removing an obstacle.
    Ask the people who proudly proclaimed that they wouldn't have bothered with TBC if there was no boost.

    When people consider something that much of an issue that they do not want to engage with it, it certainly fits the defintion of an obstacle, and thus the boost as the "removal" of that obstacle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    The bulk majority of the people who could impact me by using the boost simply won’t make it, because it’s not removing the obstacle.
    I am however left with the negative consequences of it and the possibility of Blizzard very likely implementing similiar features (*cough* WoW Token *cough*) as those people incentized Blizzard to implement more of them (because the Playerbase rewarded Blizzard with additional revenue) and bots also abusing the boost.

    Try /who Blackrock Depths Rogue and see if you notice anything specific about the level of those rogues without guild.

    If it's just about people quitting that used the boost, fair enough, but the bigger picture is unfortunately affected by the existence of the boost.

  20. #180
    Ppl dont got time now to bother you about boosting since the expansion is fully out and even if they do screw them . People like us like the boost since it saves a lot of time to just boost and enjoy TBC. I boosted and i ran into no harassment...and since new(ish) content is out now everyone is rushing to lvl and gear. Their not gonna waste timr to bother you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •