Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    Right in the soul. Fucking hurts to see TBC as pay2win.
    Hitting lvl58 and getting a mount is winning now? Oh okay.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by DaFuzZ7 View Post
    I boosted a protection paladin and I love mentioning at the end of the dungeon that I was a boost and I have never played a paladin before i boosted it, especially when I get compliments on my ability. It's great.
    Weirdest flex I may probably have seen, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    The game literally lets you constantly walk around between zones and even continents in fetch quests due and inconsistent leveling ranges and that on food for two thirds of the Journey, to artifically stretch the time it needs to reach 60. Only with Burning Crusade, Blizzard started to develop semi-competent leveling zones.
    Due to the leveling changes made, you can skip the vast majority of extremely annoying quests.

Also, you get your mount with 30 at a much more affordable price, i might add.
    The fact that you are spending most of leveling with playing a walk simulator is objectively bad design and it is bad enough that Blizzard demands extra fees to skip their badly designed vanilla zone.
    [Opinion]
    Putting aside that i find it hilarious to complain about the quality of content of a rerelease when it's working as intended, if you have an issue with how old school games were designed, then i'm afraid that's an issue you only can solve by avoiding such games.
    And your opinion doesn't matter. 1-60 leveling takes no skill even inside a game like Burning Crusade that already takes barely any skill to beat the most difficult content.
    I didn't raise the argument about skill, it's about the mindset.
    The fact your first thought goes to skill shows how utterly unsuited it is, if you don't like timesinks, MMO's that are more old school like TBC aren't for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's YOUR logic. You're the one that brought up the fact that leveling is part of the game.
    Yes, 1-60 is part of the game, not 58-70, not 69-70.

You're just trying to somehow argue that because one still needs to level a character from 58 that leveling is somehow unblemished, when in reality the boost is a huge skip.
    So they start in TBC content, have to level through Classic/Vanilla content before they again end up in TBC content.
    Where they spend the majority of their time in Classic content, i find it odd that this is somehow an argument.

If it was a short detour, yeah okay, but 1-20 is unquestionably smaller than 20-58.
    It's the same in Retail. The entire game is not [Current Expansion] content just because you touch it while leveling or playing during a certain expansion. The content released with that specific expansion is that specific expansions content.
    No, because Retail has multiple expansions and you have the ability to choose from an expansions - but you must choose one.
    The game taking an overall longer time to level through doesn't change what pieces of content belong to which expansion.
    It does change it because it's a larger portion of the game, you don't knock out 1-58 in a few hours, whereas on Retail you most certainly do 1-50 within a few hours.

Retail places a far heavier emphasis on endgame content, whereas leveling is a sizeable portion when you play a character in Classic / TBC.
    Except a subscription.
    Yes, and?
    Seems a stupid remark considering i haven't argued that TBC should be for free.
    Characters start at level 1 in Retail. That doesn't change what content was released in which expansion.
    Yes and in Retail you get to choose the expansion you want to play through, leveling in TBC and Retail aren't compareable, simply based on the fact that Retail follows a different philosophy than TBC.

If you want another example of that: Professions, in TBC, you have to go through 1-300 (a.k.a. Classic content) whereas on Retail you can completely skip over that.
    Blizzard is Blizzard here. They released TBC Classic with this option, therefore the TBC Classic design includes the boost.
    Yeah and back in 2007 they didn't release a leveling boost and TBC Classic's design should take the original TBC as guideline, not break with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    If I have to add "within the context of this 7+ page discussion" then the reading comprehension failure isn't on me. I shouldn't have to add "if you make others miserable" in a thread literally titled "Safe place to boost".
    Huh?
    I replied to remarks from you exclusively towards the topics i chose to engage, not my problem if you read anything else into it.

Like, you just fucked up and assumed things about me that just aren't true, stop trying to make a dance around it.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-08 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yes, 1-60 is part of the game, not 58-70, not 69-70.

You're just trying to somehow argue that because one still needs to level a character from 58 that leveling is somehow unblemished, when in reality the boost is a huge skip.
    I never said it was unblemished. Just that 58-70 is leveling. Per your logic, leveling is pat of the game, therefore by leveling from 58-70 people ARE playing the game.

Where they spend the majority of their time in Classic content, i find it odd that this is somehow an argument.

If it was a short detour, yeah okay, but 1-20 is unquestionably smaller than 20-58.
    And the content they are playing through from ~20-58 is NOT TBC content, it's Classic/Vanilla content. It's all part of World of Warcraft, yes, but it's not all part of the same expansion.

Just as the content from 1-50 in Retail is not Shadowlands content.

No, because Retail has multiple expansions and you have the ability to choose from an expansions - but you must choose one.
    This isn't accurate. You don't HAVE to choose just one, you can go back to Chromie and change which expansion you want to level in if you want.

It does change it because it's a larger portion of the game, you don't knock out 1-58 in a few hours, whereas on Retail you most certainly do 1-50 within a few hours.

Retail places a far heavier emphasis on endgame content, whereas leveling is a sizeable portion when you play a character in Classic / TBC.
    I'm simply talking about the content, not how long it takes to consume it.

You're conflating those two things.

The zones and content that existed prior to TBC are NOT TBC content.

Yes, and?
    Seems a stupid remark considering i haven't argued that TBC should be for free.
    OK, if you say so.

Yes and in Retail you get to choose the expansion you want to play through, leveling in TBC and Retail aren't compareable, simply based on the fact that Retail follows a different philosophy than TBC.

If you want another example of that: Professions, in TBC, you have to go through 1-300 (a.k.a. Classic content) whereas on Retail you can completely skip over that.
    TBC content is not Classic/Vanilla content. As much as you might want to make it so, it's simply not true.

It's all part of the World of Warcraft experience, I'll give you that, though.

Yeah and back in 2007 they didn't release a leveling boost and TBC Classic's design should take the original TBC as guideline, not break with it.
    Yeah well.....they did break with it, obviously. Deal with it.

I never said it was unblemished. Just that 58-70 is leveling. Per your logic, leveling is pat of the game, therefore by leveling from 58-70 people ARE playing the game.
    It's just a very dishonest view of what was stated, because in the context of the boost, one could clearly discern what "leveling is part of the game" means, because 1-60 naturally what the boost skips over.
    And the content they are playing through from ~20-58 is NOT TBC content, it's Classic/Vanilla content. It's all part of World of Warcraft, yes, but it's not all part of the same expansion.
    It's still content a character has to engage when they want to reach that sort of content, because that is how any character starts off.
    This isn't accurate. You don't HAVE to choose just one, you can go back to Chromie and change which expansion you want to level in if you want.
    This seems more like a detail that bears nothing to the argument - okay, now what?
    I'm simply talking about the content, not how long it takes to consume it.
    It does, because due to the fact that it was completely unskippable and took so much time, it's clear that this was meant a big part of the game.
    You're conflating those two things.
    No, you're just trying to justify the boost through logic that doesn't make sense, a character starts at 1, you get 58 by doing Classic content, not TBC content.
    Yeah well.....they did break with it, obviously. Deal with it.
    I deal with it, i am however more than glad to point out the obvious holes that justify the boost, which solely leaves two reasons
    (1) Blizzard is greedy
    (2) Players are lazy
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-08 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    [snip]

What an amazing observation.
    I know....but, it's the truth.

Blizzard implemented it. Period. You don't have to like it, and people who use it don't have to justify it if they don't want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    Play on a PvE realm. I play in a gamer-dad guild on Westfall, this server is pretty chill.

There seems to be a major conflict between boosters and min-maxers. I think both sides could benefit from remembering that all of us are people, logging into a game to kill monsters, get gear, and have fun.

If you're a veteran, give newbies advice before chewing them out.

If you're a newbie, take that advice to heart, instead of making excuses.

Wouldn’t shock me if boosted players were better than classic Andys. All my friends from top 20 US guilds boosted a character to play TBC. They will be destroying the classic Andys shortly.

Just do some quests, buy cheap stuff off the AH and you'll have decent enough gear in no time. So wait until 61ish to group up. Oh and I guess its obvious but play on a PVE server for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Play on a PvE realm. I play in a gamer-dad guild on Westfall, this server is pretty chill.

There seems to be a major conflict between boosters and min-maxers. I think both sides could benefit from remembering that all of us are people, logging into a game to kill monsters, get gear, and have fun.

If you're a veteran, give newbies advice before chewing them out.

If you're a newbie, take that advice to heart, instead of making excuses.
    Thanks for the reply, but it looks like your realm is full. Back in the day I was on Aegwynn PvP realm. We never got Isle Dailies done because we ended up forming raid groups to do world PvP, and then you couldn't get credit for quest in a raid group, but we had fun none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    Wouldn’t shock me if boosted players were better than classic Andys. All my friends from top 20 US guilds boosted a character to play TBC. They will be destroying the classic Andys shortly.
    people who start wow for the first time are likely better than the averege classic andy

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    What are you talking about vast majority don't cares about boosters, safe space? Are you so fragile you need a safe space for a few loud nerds?
    It takes you few minutes to learn the binds just do few quests before entering dungeons. I healed ramparts as boosted 59 spriest with 4 other either freshly dinged or boosters and it was easy.
    There's no need to be rude or mean about it.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You mean the leveling dungeons that are designed to be done by people with lvling gear. The sort of gear that you get when you boost? It isn't heroic where mobs can turn around and one shot players in raid gear.
    Boosted gear is not leveling gear. IF he was leveling he'd have better items from quest rewards. Its gear to start questing at best...

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You mean the leveling dungeons that are designed to be done by people with lvling gear. The sort of gear that you get when you boost? It isn't heroic where mobs can turn around and one shot players in raid gear.
    I agree with your sentiment but holy hell the boosted gear is really, really bad. Like, level 30 green quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    Lol @ the idea that boosters automatically don't know how to play. Most boosters, including the op, are old players.

Equally lol @ the people who think leveling tells you shit.

By all means, the knobs who demand their smooooooth experience can group with whoever they want, but if you manner of selection is who boosted Vs who didn't is laughable.
    You assume much.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    You assume much.
    the people assuming a person who boosts is inexperienced or lack skill are the ones doing the assuming.........
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Literaly zero people gives a shit. Boost your toon up and come enjoy TBC.
    I care.
    10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Boosted gear is not leveling gear. IF he was leveling he'd have better items from quest rewards. Its gear to start questing at best...
    What do you mean "at best"? The boosted gear has you absolutely tearing through the quests in HFP, without any resistance at all. By lvl 60, you will be in full greens and blues from TBC, and just like that, within about 2 hours, you have goner from 58 to 60, and have appropriate gear for the dungeons...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Dont dads have balls? You seem to be lacking.. grow a pair and just do it.
    Well yeah, wife keeps them. To save storage space she usually just gives a certain passive/aggressive look, until she gets them out either when "we" decide to reproduce or comes February 29 (whichever comes first).

Regardless, balls aren't the issue, nor is effort, difficulty or challeng - it's time, or rather the accute lack of it that could be dedicated to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    Man up and play where you want holy god lol.

Its like asking what beach you could go to where teens won't laugh at your socks or some weird crap.