Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Safe Place for Dads who want to boost?

Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Töasty; 2021-06-07 at 02:20 AM.

"Boost hate" was a problem in the pre-patch because it meant having tons of lvl 60 characters in your raid with green lvl 20 gear and no idea how to use your class.
    Now that BC is out, very few people on any realm will care wether you skipped your way to 58 and then leveled the rest of the way.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Dont dads have balls? You seem to be lacking.. grow a pair and just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    "Boost hate" was a problem in the pre-patch because it meant having tons of lvl 60 characters in your raid with green lvl 20 gear and no idea how to use your class.
    Now that BC is out, very few people on any realm will care wether you skipped your way to 58 and then leveled the rest of the way.
    I`ve experienced the opposite, alot of people looking for players for their dungeon spam groups are advertising with "be geared", and by geared, they mean full bis t3 or so

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    I`ve experienced the opposite, alot of people looking for players for their dungeon spam groups are advertising with "be geared", and by geared, they mean full bis t3 or so
    I mean think about it for a minute do you honestly think everyone has full t3? How many people also LFM indicate they want poorly geared players? You are being too passive just do it. As long as you know your class you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    how is that the opposite of what he was saying?!
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    aww you need a safespace to buy your pay2win shit in piece?

pathetic.
    And heres the problem with kids these days ^

pathetic.
    Lmao sounds like you need a safe space where all the big bad millionaires and their spare $40 can't hurt you

Of course there is a hate about ppl buying boosts and will be.
    You guys want to play the game without playing it... and then join dungeons without any clue and experience.
    Saying 'i am dad and that has no time' does not matter here for other people wanting to do it smooth.
    I've been in a few instances with 'Communal' people... and holy shit it was so painful when they to find Renew in their spellbook because 'he does not know that he can do it'.

Lol @ the idea that boosters automatically don't know how to play. Most boosters, including the op, are old players.

Equally lol @ the people who think leveling tells you shit.

By all means, the knobs who demand their smooooooth experience can group with whoever they want, but if you manner of selection is who boosted Vs who didn't is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    Lol @ the idea that boosters automatically don't know how to play.
    In my experience so far - they don't know.

Most boosters, including the op, are old players.
    Yeah... because you know the exact numbers of ppl doing it.

Equally lol @ the people who think leveling tells you shit.
    Yes - if you level for character for several days it tells you alot about skills and class.

By all means, the knobs who demand their smooooooth experience can group with whoever they want, but if you manner of selection is who boosted Vs who didn't is laughable.
    That is why i inspect ppl before dungeon and kick if they are 'Communal boys' since i am the leader 95% of the time.
    My problem is solved. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    You guys want to play the game without playing it... and then join dungeons without any clue and experience.
    Saying 'i am dad and that has no time' does not matter here for other people wanting to do it smooth.
    I've been in a few instances with 'Communal' people... and holy shit it was so painful when they to find Renew in their spellbook because 'he does not know that he can do it'.
    are you honestly implying here that dungeons like hellfire ramparts require experience and t3 to be completed ? :0

and people wonder why tbc launch is ignored by gaming world

i bet you are ne of those people who require 1500 io score and 220+ gear for his +10s

Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    yep its a real shame blizzard does literaly nothing to reduce toxicity in their games

what is worse they are promoting toxicity in 9.1 with their on toxic io score
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-06-07 at 06:45 AM.

Honestly i boosted. Got a bit of gear via quests and in TBC dungeons. No one cares anymore. Groups who advertise via "only T3" are categorically out for me. I will never want to play with people like that when half the gear you get after 65 is just barley below it.

I find the majority are friendly enough to boosted characters, it’s just that assholes tend to stand out.

Today I ran slabs on my Draenei shaman which is only geared through dungeons. This mage in full naxx gear starts bitching about my gear the whole run while I’m doing the same damage as him and more than the other dps…

Got into another group where every one was friendly and playing well. So out of 8 people I played with I only remember the asshole mage.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2021-06-07 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    are you honestly implying here that dungeons like hellfire ramparts require experience and t3 to be completed ? :0
    Ofc not. Stop putting words to my mouth.
    I did it many times with my 3/4 green quest items from Vanilla paladin who leveled to 60lvl 2 days before launch.

and people wonder why tbc launch is ignored by gaming world
    ???

i bet you are ne of those people who require 1500 io score and 220+ gear for his +10s
    Your bet is wrong...
    I do not play retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    What you are saying makes absolutely no sense. Buying a boost has nothing to do with knowing how to play. I have played this game ever since launch and leveled my share ofcharacters over the time. And quite frankly, I can't be bothered doing it again - so yeah I bought the boost. Have fun standing behind a mage in random dungeons all the way to 60 while you call it the True Classic Experience! And that will probably even make you skilled Everyone boosts - some use blizzards services others pay mages to do it for them - bottom line is: Almost no one likes leveling and want it over with to get to the fun part.

pathetic.
    Ya! He should have just bought gold with real money and paid for a mage to boost him!

That’s the real classic experience!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Reported Zeanix for toxicity.

As for TS, I'd recommend our excellent realm - Hydraxian Waterlords-EU (the only RP-PVE realm). Friendliest community. I've never seen anyone spitting on people with mount from deluxe edition. Also, most people and even random players in pugs accept and help people with boosted gear.

There is a slight Alliance minority on HW, but Horde side is active too.

My experience has been positive as a boosted character.

In fact, my first instance was a Blood Furnace at lvl 58 with top tier players including a Scarab Lord. They were really chill and patient with me since I had to re-adjust to the game.

The "no boosted characters" groups are few. Just avoid them, they are the same toxic people in retail asking for AotC for a normal raid or 100000 rio for a +10.