Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yes - if you level for character for several days it tells you alot about skills and class

Or you could read a guide to find out what 2 buttons you need to spam.

Is "Dad" the latest excuse and cope for being shit and/or lazy at something?
    Muh Dad Bod
    Muh Dad Gamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Is "Dad" the latest excuse and cope for being shit and/or lazy at something?
    Muh Dad Bod
    Muh Dad Gamer
    Nah it’s to set the expectation of limited time where many are try-harding.

Nothing wrong with either, but where one is changing diapers, the other one’s wearing them to minimize downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post

I take it you've never been kicked from a group because your wife was working and your 8 month old baby wakes up at midnight and you have to take 2 minutes to get them back to sleep. How the fuck am I being arrogant?
    - - - Updated - - -

No, I started my own guild to make my groups so that's not a problem.

The arrogance stems from this mentality: "I made a choice, I need others to accommodate."

No issue with boosting. Whatever. We get that you have limited time, it's a pretty common thing for humans.

But expecting others to "cut you slack" or "not be hard" on you because you're a person with finite time is stupid, and arrogant.

Don't use your children as an excuse, that's despicable.

Having a finite amount of time and making choices with what to do with that is fundamental to the human condition.

You started a family, congrats and best of health to them, but don't expect others to give you +1 because you had a kid.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    Why not just enjoy the game how it is and level from 1? That way by the time you get to 58 you will have become much more comfortable with your class and how it operates. I don't think you plan on being your realms latest and greatest, and boosting will just get you into dungeons with poor gear and little understanding on how to play your class effectively, the result of this being your fellow players who did not boost will resent you for it.

Just play from 1 and have fun and when you get to 58 you can get to outland prepared!

Honestly who cares wow is easy, it always has been easy, it's never been difficult in any way shape or form it's just a rinse repeat formula until you get good like any other game with a skill cap.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

After reading my post, I guess I made my post look like I was only concerned about being accepted for boosting. I understand that by the time I'm lvl 62 and run outlands instances I will have new gear, I've played this game before. My buddy and I are looking to start out on a new realm where we might find a guild that's casual, made up of other parents or older adults that understand that real life comes before a game. My concern was just picking a random realm, boosting a new toon to 58, only to find that the toxicity prevents he and I from enjoying the game the way we want to play.
    Pick a non PvP or a PvP roleplay realm that has a healthy pop, search for a super casual guild that would suit how you want to play and bingo!
    Even on the PvP server I am on, you can still find super casual guilds that will be alright with you going afk for 5mins here and there, just go look, not sure why you made a thread about this.

I'd also like to add, you shouldn't ever expect anyone to be waiting for you though, it isn't fair to waste the time of 4 people or 9 or 24 just because you have X issue. You should set aside uninterrupted time and if you can't then perhaps group content is out of reach for you, unless you do the above clearly.
    Last edited by Very rare pepe; 2021-06-07 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Why not just enjoy the game how it is and level from 1? That way by the time you get to 58 you will have become much more comfortable with your class and how it operates. I don't think you plan on being your realms latest and greatest, and boosting will just get you into dungeons with poor gear and little understanding on how to play your class effectively, the result of this being your fellow players who did not boost will resent you for it.

Just play from 1 and have fun and when you get to 58 you can get to outland prepared!
    They said quite clearly they have played "for years, through multiple expansions, multiple realms, horde and alliance, on multiple toons". So this is actually quite poor advice - pay for the boost, enter outland, be acceptably geared by 60 and join in with everyone else. There is absolutely nothing to be gained for an experienced player by trudging through 58 lvls of mind numbing content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

The arrogance stems from this mentality: "I made a choice, I need others to accommodate."

No issue with boosting. Whatever. We get that you have limited time, it's a pretty common thing for humans.

But expecting others to "cut you slack" or "not be hard" on you because you're a person with finite time is stupid, and arrogant.

Having a finite amount of time and making choices with what to do with that is fundamental to the human condition.

You started a family, congrats and best of health to them, but don't expect others to give you +1 because you had a kid.
    I was going to try to individually reply to your comments but it's just not worth my time. You and your guild seem to be the exact sort of mentality I am looking to avoid. I'm not asking for special treatment or to be carried because "I made a choice to have a family, and now I think I'm better than you?". I'm simply looking for a guild of people with similar real life situations that understand "when you have kids, random shit happens". I don't think you actually understand what arrogance means, or you're trying to pick a fight with a random stranger.

Don't mind them hoss. As a dad I understand what you mean and why you just don't have the time between taking care of the kids, the wife, a full time job, regular house maintenance taking care of the car.. and so on. Don't let the neckbeards get you down. Anyone who gets all hostile about a guy who just wants to play their way isn't worth trying to explain you just don't want that extra hassle to spend 9 months getting to lvl 60 so you can enjoy the next 10 levels. My guild is small but its usually better with a tight group. Look for a small guild would be my suggestion.. Let me know if you're on Old Blanchy Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
    Look for a small guild would be my suggestion.. Let me know if you're on Old Blanchy Alliance.
    I think one of those big social guilds would be a better fit, in a small guild you will be relied upon if you want to do Kara for example, in a big social guild it's more whatever, just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    They said quite clearly they have played "for years, through multiple expansions, multiple realms, horde and alliance, on multiple toons". So this is actually quite poor advice - pay for the boost, enter outland, be acceptably geared by 60 and join in with everyone else. There is absolutely nothing to be gained for an experienced player by trudging through 58 lvls of mind numbing content.
    Leveling is fun, and he can boost, but i wouldn't recommend dungeons until he is well geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    I enjoy having Tier 5 armor, i should be able to buy that as well. I dont have time to play the game.
    Did you even read what I wrote? I told him to find a guild. You and your special snowflake armor can go play in your own litterbox and stop whining about how somebody else plays the game. What ever happened to that supposed community all you people are looking for in classic? There is so few caring friendly people on these forums. Always talking about the golden days of WoW yet not one of you is willing to teach somebody how to play the game so we can all enjoy the experience together. Instead you all shout and treat everyone with disregard. Times change and people forget that you had to learn yourself. We can either grow up willing to reach out or we can push everyone away and become bitter selfish monsters.

Why would you need a "safe place" ? No one will be able to tell you purchased a boost after you have quested in the first two zones anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Empathy is also part of the human condition yet the community is hell-bent on proving that narrative false.

- - - Updated - - -

im not whining - i want to buy tier 5
    Drawing comparisons between buying a boost to start playing the current expansion and buying end game gear is such a bad faith argument.

im not whining - i want to buy tier 5
    You can. Buy gold, pay boosting community, ggez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Gatekeepers trying to tell you what the CoRrEcT WaY oF PLAyIng is, are just pathetic nobodies. Boost and be happy, it's a goddamned game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was going to try to individually reply to your comments but it's just not worth my time. You and your guild seem to be the exact sort of mentality I am looking to avoid. I'm not asking for special treatment or to be carried because "I made a choice to have a family, and now I think I'm better than you?". I'm simply looking for a guild of people with similar real life situations that understand "when you have kids, random shit happens". I don't think you actually understand what arrogance means, or you're trying to pick a fight with a random stranger.
    Don't bother with them, they're keyboard warriors just posting here to antagonize people while half of them have already admitted they don't even play the game any more, it's extremely sad.

Sorry if you already mentioned it somewhere in the thread, I might have missed it, but are you US or EU? I ask because I know of a retail guild that would most definitely be what you're looking for, and some of them are playing TBC Classic on Mirage Raceway PvE EU realm (I think, I'm not playing TBC Classic myself). If it's applicable to you, I can try find more info. Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Leveling is fun, and he can boost, but i wouldn't recommend dungeons until he is well geared.
    That is entirely subjective - as you can see from the EXTENSIVE use of the boost, many people disagree with you and will literally pay money to bypass this "fun" experience you are defending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Empathy is also part of the human condition yet the community is hell-bent on proving that narrative false.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbf, humans (especially those of lower IQ/EQ) have always proven themselves to be far more likely to fall victim to "us vs them"-mentality than the more constructive ability to live and let live. Everyone's got the right to hold opinions and values, of course, but forcing them upon others with hate and even violence is what people love to do most of all... In WoW it seems to take the form of fundamentalist "purists" hating on boostees, micro-transactions and anyone not playing as they deem fit.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2021-06-07 at 11:04 PM.