Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    that's cheating.
    Is it? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    because it's against TOS?
    You can buy gold legitimately on retail and give it to boosting communities there. I'm sure there are several who operate on both classic and retail servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Don't bother with them, they're keyboard warriors just posting here to antagonize people while half of them have already admitted they don't even play the game any more, it's extremely sad.

Sorry if you already mentioned it somewhere in the thread, I might have missed it, but are you US or EU? I ask because I know of a retail guild that would most definitely be what you're looking for, and some of them are playing TBC Classic on Mirage Raceway PvE EU realm (I think, I'm not playing TBC Classic myself). If it's applicable to you, I can try find more info. Let me know
    I'm US, East coast realms would probably have best ping for me. Thanks for the info!

Twitter's a place that'll pamper you, so long as you come up with a dad enough story.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Leveling is fun, and he can boost, but i wouldn't recommend dungeons until he is well geared.
    You mean the leveling dungeons that are designed to be done by people with lvling gear. The sort of gear that you get when you boost? It isn't heroic where mobs can turn around and one shot players in raid gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    I'm US, East coast realms would probably have best ping for me. Thanks for the info!
    I know at least 3 people on this very forum who have been extremely vocal and tbh, quite nasty towards people paying for the boost - ironic considering they have admitted privately that they themselves have paid for a boost, and in one instance, bought the version with the mount.

Ignore everyone saying anything negative about the boost - by level 60 (about an hours work, maybe 2), and no one will have a clue if you boosted, came late to classic, boosted with gold, or are just an alt leveled specifically for TBC. I personally had one alt in trash gear sitting at 55 for weeks before pushing through to 58 and leaving it sitting there for TBC launch.

Lastly, a boosted toon will still tear through the opening quests in hellfire, no issue AT ALL, and you will have a full set of expansion appropriate gear within a few hours of walking through the portal. Will you be matching some full T3 geared raider? no. Would you or should you be expected to? absolutely not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Dont dads have balls? You seem to be lacking.. grow a pair and just do it.
    What if you adopted?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    I`ve experienced the opposite, alot of people looking for players for their dungeon spam groups are advertising with "be geared", and by geared, they mean full bis t3 or so
    Which is a laughable thing to expect for dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Of course there is a hate about ppl buying boosts and will be.
    You guys want to play the game without playing it... and then join dungeons without any clue and experience.
    Saying 'i am dad and that has no time' does not matter here for other people wanting to do it smooth.
    I've been in a few instances with 'Communal' people... and holy shit it was so painful when they to find Renew in their spellbook because 'he does not know that he can do it'.
    Oh bullshit. I’m guessing most of the people boosting probably played BC orogmally and just don’t want to level a particular class all the from from 1. I may do this with a Druid. And I raided past T5 content on a Druid back in BC originally. D it doesn’t take very long to rehear in out lands anyway. I’ve done every quest in HFP literally dozens of times, from way back when it was fresh on.

It’s laughable when people here talk down to others like as if you’re so goddamned special. You’re not. In fact, I think I’ll boost a Druid now, and be loud and proud about it. Just to be a dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    The boost haters are just a loud minority. It’s not like majority of the player base hates the boost, it’s just that the ones who hate it are the loudest. Regardless, any realm you go on will have them, more so in the realms where asmongold plays.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    There's no mom/dad realm where people cheer at each other for skipping the game and who claim to not have time to play but goes ahead and wants to play one of the most time demanding versions of the game.
    Pretty much.
    It's downright ridiculous to use the "I am a dad I haven't time" excuse to sign up for a MMO.
    Just like I just can't fathom the mindset "I'll pay a subscription to play a game, and then I'll pay to skip the content of the game".

And finally, it's a good thing that people look down on the boosters, because they are the ones validating monetization and cheapening of the game. That's a good part of what we were trying to get away from, only to have fucking whales sucking up Blizzard to import this cancer back into Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Tbf, humans (especially those of lower IQ/EQ) have always proven themselves to be far more likely to fall victim to "us vs them"-mentality than the more constructive ability to live and let live. Everyone's got the right to hold opinions and values, of course, but forcing them upon others with hate and even violence is what people love to do most of all... In WoW it seems to take the form of fundamentalist "purists" hating on boostees, micro-transactions and anyone not playing as they deem fit.
    From someone who despises Classic and yet comes to shitpost every day of the week about Classic in a Classic forum, that hypocrital lesson is pretty funny. Someone is projecting hard and should listen to their own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    From someone who despises Classic and yet comes to shitpost every day of the week about Classic in a Classic forum, that hypocrital lesson is pretty funny. Someone is projecting hard and should listen to their own advice.
    Amen brother

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    [...]All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost [...]
    Just do it. However I would suggest that you play on a PVE server since boosted characters are literally free honor and will be oneshotted 24/7.
    Now that the initial leveling rush is over you meet many boosted characters in rnd dungeons and during questing.

And finally, it's a good thing that people look down on the boosters, because they are the ones validating monetization and cheapening of the game. That's a good part of what we were trying to get away from, only to have fucking whales sucking up Blizzard to import this cancer back into Classic.
    Ah yes, the people /spitting on people with CE mounts and kicking boosties from groups are truly the heroes this game needs. Stopping people who’ve already bought the mount and boost from supporting greedy business practices.

C’mon, the shop was coming no matter what. They’ve been saying for years that services was the way for their other games.

Look at the outcry in WotLK when it launched. What good did that do?

People seem to need some safety blanket for being an ass and will look for any justification.
    Last edited by Prag; 2021-06-08 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghays View Post
    What if you adopted?
    What if my dad was gay?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and people wonder why tbc launch is ignored by gaming world
    maybe because it's a re-release of a 14 year old niche MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Ah yes, the people /spitting on people with CE mounts and kicking boosties from groups are truly the heroes this game needs. Stopping people who’ve already bought the mount and boost from supporting greedy business practices.
    They aren't heroes and doing that won't change anything.
    They're justified though, and boosters deserve the scorn they get.
    You seem to have trouble seeing the difference in concepts here.
    C’mon, the shop was coming no matter what. They’ve been saying for years that services was the way for their other games.

Look at the outcry in WotLK when it launched. What good did that do?
    And look where retail has gone since then. Seems to me that all the retarded "it doesn't affect you, why should you care/just don't use it" are part of the enablers that allowed this to go there.
    People seem to need some safety blanket for being an ass and will look for any justification.
    True, but it doesn't mean that sometimes it isn't justified.

Not that I do /spit on boosters, but I certainly don't fault people who do.

I don't get the anti booster mentality, most people I know did gold boosts which they made doing gdkp runs. Guess who buys items in those runs? People who buy gold.

They aren't heroes and doing that won't change anything.
    They're justified though, and boosters deserve the scorn they get.
    You seem to have trouble seeing the difference in concepts here.

And look where retail has gone since then. Seems to me that all the retarded "it doesn't affect you, why should you care/just don't use it" are part of the enablers that allowed this to go there.

True, but it doesn't mean that sometimes it isn't justified.

Not that I do /spit on boosters, but I certainly don't fault people who do.
    Anyone who sincerely expected Blizzard to not introduce a Cash Shop in Classic deserves to be /spit on too. This game could benefit from fewer naive people who blame the community for something that was unavoidable.

The mentality of "you used a service that was obviously going to be implemented, therefor I'm going to be a dick to you" is just laughable.

Obviously Blizzard's doing something right if these people who feel so strongly are still playing, as the cash shop is implemented for the second time. Want to prove your stance? Try not playing. Trying to force other people to speak with their wallet when you won't is ridiculous.

You play it like you want it.

When they make boost available for belves I'll buy it, then jump on that warp stalker to join you.

The answer is the same as always: make your own group if you want to play by your own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Anyone who sincerely expected Blizzard to not introduce a Cash Shop in Classic deserves to be /spit on too. This game could benefit from fewer naive people who blame the community for something that was unavoidable.

The mentality of "you used a service that was obviously going to be implemented, therefor I'm going to be a dick to you" is just laughable.
    That's some heavily retarded "logic" here.
    I guess you fall right into this mentality :