Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Played since Vanilla. Haven't logged into BC but I will boost.

DGAF what anyone else thinks, lol. I'm a dad too. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Anyone who sincerely expected Blizzard to not introduce a Cash Shop in Classic deserves to be /spit on too. This game could benefit from fewer naive people who blame the community for something that was unavoidable.
    I find it odd to equate the stance that a cashshop should not be added to naivity.
    If anything, i feel disappointment, not surprise.

I don't think a lot of people were surprised, quite frankly, as no one will be surprised when they add the WoW Token.
    Obviously Blizzard's doing something right if these people who feel so strongly are still playing, as the cash shop is implemented for the second time.
    That logic is pretty stupid, because it effectively divides the community into two camps, anyone that doesn't quit over the boost, is somehow supporting / engaging in it.

Especially when you talk about cash shops, as people engaging in a cash shop are frankly more valueable to Blizzard than those that don't.
    They are "doing something right", yes, the trick of losing 25% of their players in a four year span and still making a record profit.
    Trying to force other people to speak with their wallet when you won't is ridiculous.
    I think expecting anyone to quit over the cashshop that doesn't like it is ridiculous, i still enjoy the game, the cash shop degrades this experience, but not enough to the point where i'm willing to quit over it.

That's why i criticize the cash shop, because it degrades my experience and i'm not the kind of person that pays for progression in video games.

Simply because i don't like certain parts of my job, doesn't mean i'm going to quit over them, does this mean i'm not allowed to point out any issues that i have at my workplace?
    Asking people to take the most radical option left to them whenever they don't like something is frankly not a reasonable stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I find it odd to equate the stance that a cashshop should not be added to naivity.

I don't think a lot of people were surprised, quite frankly, as no one will be surprised when they add the WoW Token.

That logic is pretty stupid, because it effectively divides the community into two camps, anyone that doesn't quit over the boost, is somehow supporting / engaging in it.

Especially when you talk about cash shops, as people engaging in a cash shop are frankly more valueable to Blizzard than those that don't.
    They are "doing something right", yes, the trick of losing 25% of their players in a four year span and still making a record profit.

I think expecting anyone to quit over the cashshop that doesn't like it is ridiculous, i still enjoy the game, the cash shop degrades this experience, but not enough to the point where i'm willing to quit over it.

That's why i criticize the cash shop, because it degrades my experience and i'm not the kind of person that pays for progression in video games.

Simply because i don't like certain parts of my job, doesn't mean i'm going to quit over them, does this mean i'm not allowed to point out any issues that i have at my workplace?
    Asking people to take the most radical option left to them whenever they don't like something is frankly not a reasonable stance.
    my experience is degraded having to play 1-58 when I've done it 4x during classic.

Quote Originally Posted by archelos91 View Post
    my experience is degraded having to play 1-58 when I've done it 4x during classic.
    If your experience is degraded by playing the game, then that's on you.
    You can bounce around it all you like, leveling is part of the game, that is how WoW was initially designed.

And that's what's naïve about it. Why would you be disappointed? Why would you think they would not implement services/products? Because they said something about "original design intent" at Blizzcon?

Expecting people to not use services that obviously benefit them or that they enjoy because you don't like it is just as ridiculous.

Why is your job being used as a comparison? If you don't like your job, you should find a new one, if you have that ability. Not really the same thing since one is optional (WoW) and the other isn't (job).

So to answer your kinda-question: Yes, if something - anything - is so frustrating that you're taking it out on other people who are otherwise enjoying it, you should do a new thing. The answer is not "be a miserable jerk to others" and I'm not sure why you'd try to justify that.

I've yet to encounter anyone in game that has actually given a single shit that I boosted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as someone with no intention of buying the boost, because I find leveling fun and enjoy going out to see what's beyond that next hill, this whole anti-booster thing people have picked as their hill to die on feels a lot like people find a way to say they score poorly on emotional intelligence tests without saying they score poorly on emotional intelligence tests.

There are two glaring failures in logic at work here. First and foremost, being an ass to people who have already purchased the one-and-done service is not going to discourage them from buying the service. They already have it, and they're not going to stop leveling up their boosted character just because someone's malding out in chat at them. Secondly, someone else seeing some random malding out at some other random isn't going to discourage them from buying the boost if they decide to buy it. There is no win condition here, just a bunch of spergs who can't mind their own business and employ the ingame tools to curate their game experience quietly like adults who have to announce to the world their inability to control their emotions.

The second failure in logic is: at what point does attempting the same actions in the same context and genuinely expecting different results go from stubbornness to a legitimate inability to learn from experience? People have been dicks to people who engage in the cash shop since WotLK, consistently and in the exact same ways, for thirteen years now. Nothing has changed, and the same people scream the same profanities and, as noted above, can't just use ingame tools to curate their experience, they have to let everyone else know they're doing so as if anyone gives a damn that they get triggered over other peoples' monetary expenditures.

Meanwhie, Blizzard continues to laugh all the way to the bank because almost no real pressure is applied to the company itself to stop wasting developer time and resources designing unique mount assets for the store instead of designing them for ingame accomplishments. The people who engage in the cash shop have not, do not, and will not care what a bunch of sweatlords on the internet think of them and harassing them (or even just randomly being a dick to them) isn't going to convince them to stop using it, any more than being a dick to people in LFR gear is going to convince them to stop running LFR. That's why I consider it an abject failure of logic to behave the way people on this forum are, because after 13 years you think people would have realized what they're doing isn't working and the answer isn't to quintuple down on a failed course of action, it's figure out how to put pressure on the company itself.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

You can bounce around it all you like, leveling is part of the game, that is how WoW was initially designed.
    Is leveling from 58-70 not leveling?

Is playing through Burning Crusade content NOT playing the game?

Is buying and using a boost...implemented BY BLIZZARD to be used as part of TBC Classic, not playing the game the way they designed?

And that's what's naïve about it. Why would you be disappointed? Why would you think they would not implement services/products?
    Because they said something about "original design intent" at Blizzcon?
    ...Because it wasn't part of the original game and frankly the absence of a cash shop was certainly a plus for me.

After all, Classic did not have one.
    Expecting people to not use services that obviously benefit them or that they enjoy because you don't like it is just as ridiculous.
    I'm not expecting anything of fellow players, nor did i say or imply anything that would suggest this.
    Why is your job being used as a comparison? If you don't like your job, you should find a new one, if you have that ability. Not really the same thing since one is optional (WoW) and the other isn't (job).
    Because in your mind only two extremes exist, it's either you enjoy something or you don't, when in reality, some parts i enjoy and others i don't.

I naturally weigh these two and if possible try to rectify the negative ones, not instantly break down the house the second i don't enjoy a certain element of it.
    I have no idea how such simple logic can elude you.
    The answer is not "be a miserable jerk to others" and I'm not sure why you'd try to justify that.
    I don't /spit on people, nor do i much care about these people at all.
    You just pull these assumptions of your ass, despite the fact that i have never said i partake or openly support such behavior.

I don't like the store, that is my stance, but i don't go out of my way to antagonize those that engage with it, but in the same vein, don't expect me to white knight for those when they're being "offended" by others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Is leveling from 58-70 not leveling?
    Leveling from 1-60 is also leveling.
    What is your point?
    Is playing through Burning Crusade content NOT playing the game?
    Kalimdor & EK are still part of TBC.

If the intention of TBC Classic was only to be solely about Outland, then the logical stance would be to get free 58 for everyone, so everyone gets to Outland right off the bat, not create a paid option for those that don't like a certain aspect of the game.
    Is buying and using a boost...implemented BY BLIZZARD to be used as part of TBC Classic, not playing the game the way they designed?
    Considering it is a rerelease that still wants to be authentic to the original product, where no such service existed, it is certainly a breakaway.

Blizzard is free to add whatever they want to TBC Classic, that doesn't necessarily mean it fits with how TBC actually was.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-08 at 01:56 PM.

Leveling from 1-60 is also leveling.
    What is your point?
    That leveling from 58-70 is still leveling, and therefore also part of the game.

Kalimdor & EK are still part of TBC.
    Not really. The only truly TBC content in Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms are the starting zones for Draenei and Blood Elves, the other zones are all Classic zones, not TBC zones.

Are you also going to try and argue that Pandaria is part of Legion, BfA or Shadowlands content?

If the intention of TBC Classic was only to be solely about Outland, then the logical stance would be to get free 58 for everyone, so everyone gets to Outland right off the bat.
    How do you figure?

The entire game is still called World of Warcraft and includes all content released for it. Burning Crusade content is the content released in and for Burning Crusade, but it's ALL WoW content.

They want you to play their game, and have offered a paid service to skip right to the most current content, if you want.

The game is not just TBC content, I agree, but TBC content is also not the content that was available prior to TBC.

Considering it is a rerelease that still wants to be authentic to the original product, where no such service existed, it is certainly a breakaway.

Blizzard is free to add whatever they want to TBC Classic, that doesn't necessarily mean it fits with how TBC actually was.
    True, just pointing out that Blizzard literally designed and implemented the boost too. So to try and argue that people using the boost aren't playing the game "as designed" is a little silly.

...Because it wasn't part of the original game and frankly the absence of a cash shop was certainly a plus for me.

After all, Classic did not have one.

I'm not expecting anything of fellow players, nor did i say or imply anything that would suggest this.

Because in your mind only two extremes exist, it's either you enjoy something or you don't, when in reality, some parts i enjoy and others i don't.

I naturally weigh these two and if possible try to rectify the negative ones, not instantly break down the house the second i don't enjoy a certain element of it.
    I have no idea how such simple logic can elude you.

I don't /spit on people, nor do i much care about these people at all.
    You just pull these assumptions of your ass, despite the fact that i have never said i partake or openly support such behavior.

I don't like the store, that is my stance, but i don't go out of my way to antagonize those that engage with it, but in the same vein, don't expect me to white knight for those when they're being "offended" by others.
    We're in a thread about people actively ostracizing/excluding others and you're coming here to tell us that you do none of these things? Ok, great. Then none of this applies to you.

Maybe people want to play Burning Crusade and not badly designed Classic Leveling Zones which serve the only purpose of timegating by forcing you to do nothing but walk slowly for 90% of the experience.

Going to be honest I feel boosting hate was more just a symptom of pre-patch boredom. Sure, you might join a Ramps group in full communal gear and get kicked still but that happens to people that boost or not depending on gear, spec, and class. Now that people have other shit to do they could mostly care less. Yeah, some hardcore haters will always exist but that is pretty much the state of any online video game. Just go to the AH and buy like 100g of greens and no one will even know the difference anyway. That is if it matters THAT much to you.

That leveling from 58-70 is still leveling, and therefore also part of the game.
    Yes, so is 1-58.

This is such stupid logic, you'd also still have to "level" a character if the boost went all the way up to 69.
    Not really. The only truly TBC content in Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms are the starting zones for Draenei and Blood Elves, the other zones are all Classic zones, not TBC zones.
    Considering Blood elves and Draenei start at level one and aren't 58 when they leave their respective zones, i don't think so.

If you started a character in TBC, it started at 1, not 58.
    Are you also going to try and argue that Pandaria is part of Legion, BfA or Shadowlands content?
    I mean, based on the fact how they revamped leveling in Retail, the situation is a more difficult, because unlike in TBC, it's designed in such a way that you can literally skip those on alts, but you have to level at least one of the previous expansion zones.

And that's not even tackling the argument that leveling is a far smaller portion in Retail of the game than it is in TBC.
    How do you figure?
    Because then pretty everybody will play exclusively TBC content without giving Blizzard more money.
    but TBC content is also not the content that was available prior to TBC.
    Due to the fact there was no service that lifted your character right to 58, yes it is.

Characters started at level one, even in TBC.
    So to try and argue that people using the boost aren't playing the game "as designed" is a little silly.
    Yeah, you just forget the little detail that TBC was not designed by current Blizzard.

Back then, Blizzard didn't give you an option to skip a time consuming activity because you were willing to pay for it, they wanted that every player has spent a modicum of time of time leveling their characters.
    We're in a thread about people actively ostracizing/excluding others and you're coming here to tell us that you do none of these things? Ok, great. Then none of this applies to you.
    Not my problem when you lack the reading comprehension to seperate between "i do not like the store" and "I openly ostracize people".

After all, my replies towards your posts exclusively concerned the cashshop and the logic "if you don't like the cash shop, you should quit!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Maybe people want to play Burning Crusade and not badly designed Classic Leveling Zones which serve the only purpose of timegating by forcing you to do nothing but walk slowly for 90% of the experience.
    Okay, right off the bat, using the word "timegate" in this context is a criminal misuse of the term.
    Timegate generally refers to mechanics that artifically block you from progressing, such as a weekly cap or a given questchain not progressing until Blizzard allows you to.

A timeconsuming activity is not "timegating".

Second, in my opinion, players should not have the ability to opt out of a given content and still acquire the rewards somehow, if you want the reward from a given content because you find it "boring", then you should deal with that "boring" content.
    Some people also consider farming gold "boring", so we should just add a way for people to purchase gold, so they can buy epic Flying & BiS Items off the AH?
    Some people also don't like farming dungeons, maybe we should add an option to lift attunements for them as well?

This is the crux, if you have massive gripes with time consuming activities in TBC, then the TBC endgame is not suited for you.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-08 at 03:25 PM.

Okay, right off the bat, using the word "timegate" in this context is a criminal misuse of the term.
    Timegate generally refers to mechanics that artifically block you from progressing, such as a weekly cap or a given questchain not progressing until Blizzard allows you to.

A timeconsuming activity is not "timegating".

Second, in my opinion, players should not have the ability to opt out of a given content and still acquire the rewards somehow, if you want the reward from a given content because you find it "boring", then you should deal with that "boring" content.
    Some people also consider farming gold "boring", so we should just add a way for people to purchase gold, so they can buy epic Flying & BiS Items off the AH?
    Some people also don't like farming dungeons, maybe we should add an option to lift attunements for them as well?

This is the crux, if you have massive gripes with time consuming activities in TBC, then the TBC endgame is not suited for you.
    The game literally lets you constantly walk around between zones and even continents in fetch quests due and inconsistent leveling ranges and that on food for two thirds of the Journey, to artifically stretch the time it needs to reach 60. Only with Burning Crusade, Blizzard started to develop semi-competent leveling zones.

The fact that you are spending most of leveling with playing a walk simulator is objectively bad design and it is bad enough that Blizzard demands extra fees to skip their badly designed vanilla zone.

And your opinion doesn't matter. 1-60 leveling takes no skill even inside a game like Burning Crusade that already takes barely any skill to beat the most difficult content. And just to break your illusions: Everyone who ever did a m0 dungeon in Retail is overqualified to defeat the hardest content Burning Crusade has to offer. And you know, you can at any time remove boosts from the game. All you need to do is to pull yourself up your bootstraps and buy the property.

Yes, so is 1-58.

This is such stupid logic, you'd also still have to "level" a character if the boost went all the way up to 69.
    It's YOUR logic. You're the one that brought up the fact that leveling is part of the game. Those who buy the boost still have to level and "play the game." Are you saying that it's not leveling because it's fewer levels?

Considering Blood elves and Draenei start at level one and aren't 58 when they leave their respective zones, i don't think so.

If you started a character in TBC, it started at 1, not 58.
    So they start in TBC content, have to level through Classic/Vanilla content before they again end up in TBC content.

It's the same in Retail. The entire game is not [Current Expansion] content just because you touch it while leveling or playing during a certain expansion. The content released with that specific expansion is that specific expansions content.

I mean, based on the fact how they revamped leveling in Retail, the situation is a more difficult, because unlike in TBC, it's designed in such a way that you can literally skip those on alts, but you have to level at least one of the previous expansion zones.

And that's not even tackling the argument that leveling is a far smaller portion in Retail of the game than it is in TBC.
    The game taking an overall longer time to level through doesn't change what pieces of content belong to which expansion.

Because then pretty everybody will play exclusively TBC content without giving Blizzard more money.
    Except a subscription.

Due to the fact there was no service that lifted your character right to 58, yes it is.

Characters started at level one, even in TBC.
    Characters start at level 1 in Retail. That doesn't change what content was released in which expansion.

Yeah, you just forget the little detail that TBC was not designed by current Blizzard.

Back then, Blizzard didn't give you an option to skip a time consuming activity because you were willing to pay for it, they wanted that every player has spent a modicum of time of time leveling their characters.
    Blizzard is Blizzard here. They released TBC Classic with this option, therefore the TBC Classic design includes the boost.

Most of the hate is on forums and is promoted by a very small group of toxic people, no one in their right mind cares about them. Just ignore and play as much as you want, in the way you want.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-06-08 at 04:22 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Not my problem when you lack the reading comprehension to seperate between "i do not like the store" and "I openly ostracize people".

After all, my replies towards your posts exclusively concerned the cashshop and the logic "if you don't like the cash shop, you should quit!".
    If I have to add "within the context of this 7+ page discussion" then the reading comprehension failure isn't on me. I shouldn't have to add "if you make others miserable" in a thread literally titled "Safe place to boost".

To the people saying the problem was only in the pre-patch, this is incorrect. There are still people who spam for dungeons with "no boosties". You can do one of two things, either just put the people advertising like this on ignore (you dont want to group with idiots like that anyways), or just swap out any of the "communal" gear with gear thats literally worse than it and laugh at the idiots actually inviting you because you dont have any of that gear. Just reequip it right before your first pull.

I boosted a protection paladin and I love mentioning at the end of the dungeon that I was a boost and I have never played a paladin before i boosted it, especially when I get compliments on my ability. It's great.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are relaxed/family guilds everywhere. Just go into medium population server at least and you will easy find them. No one really cares now about the boost as people have moved on and got level 70 shit to do. Just jump in and get playing