Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Does that make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Is leveling from 58-70 not leveling?

Is playing through Burning Crusade content NOT playing the game?

Is buying and using a boost...implemented BY BLIZZARD to be used as part of TBC Classic, not playing the game the way they designed?
    That's certainly not playing the way it was ORIGINALLY designed.
    You remember that Classic exists to begin with precisely because WoW today is not designed as it was before ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Well yeah, wife keeps them. To save storage space she usually just gives a certain passive/aggressive look, until she gets them out either when "we" decide to reproduce or comes February 29 (whichever comes first).

Regardless, balls aren't the issue, nor is effort, difficulty or challeng - it's time, or rather the accute lack of it that could be dedicated to WoW.
    What?? You mean there's people that don't live on benefits/welfare with all the time in the world that play WoW??? THIS IS SCANDALOUS!

Whilst there is a lot of bad things surrounding the boost, I really like the idea that people like the OP are able to jump into TBC and play a game they enjoy. Some people seem to live in their own world where their situation is the only one that exists. Time constraints are a real pain in the ass, especially with something like WoW and also the Classic iterations.

OP: Buy your boost and play whatever you want, you'll find a guild in the end with likeminded people. Ignore the braindead basement dwellers and just have fun, good guilds won't give a crap that you've bought a boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    I`ve experienced the opposite, alot of people looking for players for their dungeon spam groups are advertising with "be geared", and by geared, they mean full bis t3 or so
    lmfao @op - to bad this poster didnt include his server and faction - - you could stay clear :P
    imo roll horde Mankrik
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You don't have to like it, and people who use it don't have to justify it if they don't want to.
    Funny enough, there are more than enough people attempting to justify the boost.

After all, i'm not justifying why i'm not using the boost, nor is this somehow relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Time constraints are a real pain in the ass, especially with something like WoW and also the Classic iterations.
    I think it continues to be an excuse.

The first hints at TBC dropped last year, it was announced over 4 months ago, if one would taken the hints, it would have been more than easy to cap a character in Classic even with a limited amount of time.

After all, those time constraints don't magically vanish once you're 58, leveling to 70 also takes time, putting aside that the endgame itself is also very brutal on people that face serious time constraints.
    Like, if you have 4 hours to play each week, then it's going to take you a lot of time to hit even 70, get attuned for Kara and after T4 it's game over until they lift the attunement requirements for T5, because with that sort schedule, even getting revered with the heroic factions is going to take awhile, putting aside that the necessary questchains also eat up some time.

Unless you can take some time off to knock these things out, TBC endgame is very time consuming.

This is just the reality of old school MMO's, they are time consuming.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-09 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

After all, those time constraints don't magically vanish once you're 58, leveling to 70 also takes time, putting aside that the endgame itself is also very brutal on people that face serious time constraints.
    Like, if you have 4 hours to play each week, then it's going to take you a lot of time to hit even 70, get attuned for Kara and after T4 it's game over until they lift the attunement requirements for T5, because with that sort schedule, even getting revered with the heroic factions is going to take awhile, putting aside that the necessary questchains also eat up some time.

Unless you can take some time off to knock these things out, TBC endgame is very time consuming.

Then there isn’t really a “problem”. MMO’s don’t fit many lifestyles, and that’s okay. The boost isn’t absolving anyone of the entire burden, just getting them to the relevant one (TBC).

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it continues to be an excuse.

The first hints at TBC dropped last year, it was announced over 4 months ago, if one would taken the hints, it would have been more than easy to cap a character in Classic even with a limited amount of time.

That's exactly what I would've done, leveled a 60 char ready and got a bit of gold in preparation for it. I guess maybe some people didn't know until it was a bit late, or weren't able to at that time maybe. Sure, it doesn't get you to 70, but it's more than half way there at least and a chance to jump straight into Outland with your other levelling buddies.

Maybe not everyone's goal is to clear all content etc. Casual PvE/PvP, maybe they're just happy to get to play some "relevant" content of TBC. If some of these boosted people have played TBC in the past, then I assume they will know the time constraints of max level and what they are able/actually want to do at end game.

Indeed they are more consuming. I have the opinion that they shouldn't cater to people that have time constraints at max level and it's basically tough if you can't play whatever is needed as they are not for everyone, but I like that the boost is a chance for people to at least play the most recent expansion and maybe with their friends also.

Quote Originally Posted by Töasty View Post
    Hello. I started playing wow around the launch of TBC with my buddy who had raided in vanilla. We played for years through multiple expansions, up to when level 90 was the max. Multiple realms, horde, alliance, multiple toons, etc. He talked me into playing classic a few months ago, particularly because of TBC coming out, we wanted to relive the glory days. Because of real life, kids, work, and me being too indecisive about which character to pick, since I can only dedicate time to one, he and I now have toons that are no where near close in level. All we want to do is go to outlands together again. It seems like there is a lot of hate on the people who boost, and we would like to find a relaxed realm/guild with other dads/moms who understand that real life is priority, and aren't going to harass someone for boosting. He is priest for life, and I'll probably roll a druid, like we both did back then, only this time we might want to be horde. Doesn't really matter as long as we have a group of like-minded people to dungeon/pvp/raid. Thanks for reading!
    If you are Horde, Mankrik has a guild called Aged to Perfection. You can guess that it is an older crowd. Let me know if you'd like more info.

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    Boosted gear is not leveling gear. IF he was leveling he'd have better items from quest rewards. Its gear to start questing at best...
    Thank you for saying I'm wrong but then correcting yourself by saying what I am saying in your own words. I appreciate the support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    The boost isn’t absolving anyone of the entire burden, just getting them to the relevant one (TBC).
    Huh?
    There is a problem: If you don't "have" the time to level a character, how are you supposed to tackle anything relevant of the content you want to access?

Do the time constraints somehow vanish once you're in TBC?
    No, they don't.
    Does the time consuming stuff somehow vanish once you're in TBC?
    No, it doesn't.

The boost is equivalent to buying a degree, sure, you can put it on your resume, but that doesn't automatically you can fulfill a role where such a degree is necessary.
    Of course, that doesn't mean anyone that uses the boost doesn't have the time, but sure a lot of people openly says: I don't have the time to level a character, to which i ask: Then how do you plan on playing TBC if time is such a constraining factor for you?

I'm not pretending leveling is somehow challenging, but the time consuming portion certainly sets the stage for the rest of the game.
    Maybe not everyone's goal is to clear all content etc. Casual PvE/PvP, maybe they're just happy to get to play some "relevant" content of TBC. If some of these boosted people have played TBC in the past, then I assume they will know the time constraints of max level and what they are able/actually want to do at end game.
    Even PvP is time consuming because the blue resilience gear doesn't fall out of the sky.

After all, there were massive complaints over the honor rates during pre patch (despite being pretty authentic from what i've seen), items in TBC aren't exactly much cheaper by comparison.

This continues to be pretty much a red line throughout TBC, when you have a problem with mechanics that are built towards a mentality of "chipping of small pieces off a huge block" that are on top of that often tied to mundane activities (not unfamiliar to leveling i might add), then TBC is absolutely the wrong expansion, at every single angle, be it Raids, Dungeons, PvP, Factions or Professions.
    but I like that the boost is a chance for people to at least play the most recent expansion and maybe with their friends also.
    I precisely dislike the boost because it creates / attracts an audience that holds the expectations that they can skip parts of the game as long as they wave with their wallet.

After all, once the WoW Token comes out in TBC (or Wotlk if we're lucky), we'll be dancing to the same tune once again.
    "leveling farming gold is boring"
    "because of boosting goldbuyers the economy leveling experience is fucked anyway"
    "I'd rather pay money to get to the stuff i enjoy in the game"
    "I didn't play [Previous version], so now i can catch up easily"
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-06-09 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Thank you for saying I'm wrong but then correcting yourself by saying what I am saying in your own words. I appreciate the support.
    Let me simplify it for you. If he is going to boost he should simply quest and not try and do dungeons because he probably has no idea how to play his class effectively. It's not guaranteed, but likely.

Huh?
    There is a problem: If you don't "have" the time to level a character, how are you supposed to tackle anything relevant of the content you want to access?

Do the time constraints somehow vanish once you're in TBC?
    No, they don't.
    Does the time consuming stuff somehow vanish once you're in TBC?
    No, it doesn't.

The boost is equivalent to buying a degree, sure, you can put it on your resume, but that doesn't automatically you can fulfill a role where such a degree is necessary.
    Of course, that doesn't mean anyone that uses the boost doesn't have the time, but sure a lot of people openly says: I don't have the time to level a character, to which i ask: Then how do you plan on playing TBC if time is such a constraining factor for you?

I'm not pretending leveling is somehow challenging, but the time consuming portion certainly sets the stage for the rest of the game.
    This is why my view of the boost is what it is. For all the reasons you listed, I don’t view it as removing an obstacle.

You were def right a while ago when you said boosters who didn’t play Classic would flake. I see it with a few socials in my guild and friends list.

The bulk majority of the people who could impact me by using the boost simply won’t make it, because it’s not removing the obstacle. It’s just getting you to the relevant one. If you don’t enjoy the grind, nothing changes and I’ll never see you.

Let me simplify it for you. If he is going to boost he should simply quest and not try and do dungeons because he probably has no idea how to play his class effectively. It's not guaranteed, but likely.
    Where is the evidence for that assumption? I say that a boosted character is more likely someone who played TBC and doesn't want the hassel of leveling in Classic. Running a single dungeon is enough for this player to sort themselves out and remember how to play.

I guess if you're wrong you just make something else up about this supposed useless group of people. Is it jealousy? What about this group of people make you so upset that you think "...he should simply quest and not try and do dungeons because he probably has no idea how to play his class effectively...". That's like saying all boosters are night elves because you've grouped with 6 of them and they were night elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I don’t view it as removing an obstacle.
    Ask the people who proudly proclaimed that they wouldn't have bothered with TBC if there was no boost.

When people consider something that much of an issue that they do not want to engage with it, it certainly fits the defintion of an obstacle, and thus the boost as the "removal" of that obstacle.
    The bulk majority of the people who could impact me by using the boost simply won’t make it, because it’s not removing the obstacle.
    I am however left with the negative consequences of it and the possibility of Blizzard very likely implementing similiar features (*cough* WoW Token *cough*) as those people incentized Blizzard to implement more of them (because the Playerbase rewarded Blizzard with additional revenue) and bots also abusing the boost.

Try /who Blackrock Depths Rogue and see if you notice anything specific about the level of those rogues without guild.

If it's just about people quitting that used the boost, fair enough, but the bigger picture is unfortunately affected by the existence of the boost.

Ppl dont got time now to bother you about boosting since the expansion is fully out and even if they do screw them . People like us like the boost since it saves a lot of time to just boost and enjoy TBC. I boosted and i ran into no harassment...and since new(ish) content is out now everyone is rushing to lvl and gear. Their not gonna waste timr to bother you.

Even if they state they have raided and played for years, and are very experienced in the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    Ppl dont got time now to bother you about boosting since the expansion is fully out and even if they do screw them . People like us like the boost since it saves a lot of time to just boost and enjoy TBC. I boosted and i ran into no harassment...and since new(ish) content is out now everyone is rushing to lvl and gear. Their not gonna waste timr to bother you.
    I have not seen a single negative response to a boosted player in game - i have run dungeons with T3 geared players, some of them VERY CLEARLY paid for that gear, as they were getting crushed in 5mans by boosted toons. This was mid 60s where the T3 gear would still be very, very strong, so thats not an excuse at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The dads back in the day didnt have to boost.

But idc really. Do what you want.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Bloodsail Buccaneers is great. No one cares.

Raid log status is easily achievable within a short bit of time in TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    You boosting or not shouldn't matter. Why would you even tell the guild you boosted? Just level to 60, get a few quest greens and nobody will even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    You boosting or not shouldn't matter. Why would you even tell the guild you boosted? Just level to 60, get a few quest greens and nobody will even notice.
    He won't need to tell anyone he boosted, trust me. People can tell. UNLESS its an experienced player boosting a class that they know the in's and outs of.