M+ season transition

As I did not play much M+ during BfA, someone can please answer my question:

When we complete a dungeon at level X during the last week of season 1...
    - what item level will the Great Vault hold in the first week of season 2?
    - what keystone will we get from the Great Vault in the first week of season 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a blue post about how it worked during BFA

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...season-2/73698
    Mythic Keystones will go down by an additional 3 levels when the season transition occurs, to account for this difficulty increase. So if you do an 11 this coming week, instead of getting a Level 10 keystone when Season 2 starts, expect a 7.
    Mythic+ rewards will also go up by 30 item levels; however, during the first week of Season 2, rewards from end-of-run chests will be capped at Mythic 6 quality (item level 385), and the chest you open next week will contain Season 1 rewards if you do a Mythic+ run this week. (So, for example, if you do a Mythic 10 during the final week of Season 1, you’ll get a Season 1 item level 380 piece and 60 Residuum from your first Season 2 chest.)
    The weekly cache that becomes available in the second week of the season will not be affected by this cap, so if a player does a Mythic 10 dungeon during the first week, they will get a Mythic 10 reward (item level 410+) from their cache the following week.
    So extrapolating to SL:
    Keystones will go down an unknown amount, maybe 3.
    Doing a +14 the week before the change will reward you with 252 gear, and a new keystone however much lower than it otherwise would've been

Thanks for that. So we won't have an advantage from trying to push during the final week of season 1 (as the Great Vault reward will still be season 1 item level) and during the first week of season 6 the best option is to run only level 6 keys for gear, the new level 5 acm and one high key for a good Great Vault?

The reward from the vault that you open on the first week of season 2 will be from season 1.
    For the first week it will be capped most likely just below SoD HC, don't remember if you can push to get higher rewards from vault in week 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    same ilvl as it would have been in season 1... you don't get a season 2 item from having done a season 1 keystone...
    Could I add another query as a recent returner after a 10 year absence. For 9.1 will M+ be all the same dungeons as 9.05? Or are there a new set of dungeons added? If it’s the same dungeons, are all the mob/boss got points etc increased to account for the new gear or do they stay the same but you will be expected to achieve higher key levels?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickb View Post
    Could I add another query as a recent returner after a 10 year absence. For 9.1 will M+ be all the same dungeons as 9.05? Or are there a new set of dungeons added? If it’s the same dungeons, are all the mob/boss got points etc increased to account for the new gear or do they stay the same but you will be expected to achieve higher key levels?
    Usually there's a little bit of tuning to make the dungeons a bit harder so that a +10 in 9.0.5 feels about the same as a +7 in 9.1 or somewhere near there. Remember that with 9.1, item level rewards also see a bump up so difficulty does as well.

Moreover, the new affix (Tormented) will also change up things. The real question is whether the new seasonal affixes and KSE/KSC/KSM changes will be enough for M+ players to hold their interest.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

i actually like it more than prideful... especially with pugs at lower keys... no more people stunning you with pride constantly... i've played to ksm on the ptr...
    Been lazy testing myself since im no longer raiding in a guild that requires ptr raid testing. How is the new affix feeling? Harder on healers or is just a dps steroid in practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Here's a blue post about how it worked during BFA

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...season-2/73698

So extrapolating to SL:
    Keystones will go down an unknown amount, maybe 3.
    Doing a +14 the week before the change will reward you with 252 gear, and a new keystone however much lower than it otherwise would've been
    No, it'll still be 226 gear. It's only from week 2 you can get season 2 gear in the vault as the first vault of the season is from doing the last week of season 1, plus iLvl is capped for the first week until Mythic is released in week 2.

it's the same 8 dungeons we have now... the new dungeon might be split up just like happened to mechagon and added to m+ in a future patch beyond 9.1... the damage/hp scaling per key level will likely be higher like it has in the past seasons... so a lower key in season 2 has similar hp/damage as a higher key in season 1...
    Wow I’m surprised. I came late to this as I said and last time I played WoW Mythic+ didn’t exist. I’ve been pushing to get KSM S1 and have worked up to 13’s but if it’s the same 8 dungeons over again I think I’ll level some alts instead. I don’t know why, I just assumed there would be new dungeons (I think if I’m honest I just thought there’s no way the player base would be satisfied doing the same 5 mans thousands of times over a year with no new content).

Quote Originally Posted by Mickb View Post
    I think if I’m honest I just thought there’s no way the player base would be satisfied doing the same 5 mans thousands of times over a year with no new content).
    Yeah, they are the same dungeons. Your new content is the next key level. At some point you can't pull and fight as you did before, you'll have to use new strategies to time the next higher key. I remember our first +19, route discussion before and planning cd usage took almost half an hour. If you're bored you're not pushing high enough :-)

It's the same for pvp. Battle grounds are even worse with new maps, some of the most played maps are 17 years old. Still some players enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Thanks for that. So we won't have an advantage from trying to push during the final week of season 1 (as the Great Vault reward will still be season 1 item level) and during the first week of season 6 the best option is to run only level 6 keys for gear, the new level 5 acm and one high key for a good Great Vault?
    i wonder how you can say that you wont have advantage as you will be facerolling +14 and recive for it 252 itlv . imagine if that 252 is weapon

last week of season will be crazy with everyone pushing 10 m+ on each alt.

First vault will be season 1 reward, so 226 ilvl max. Not 252. So no advantages.

first week will still be the reward from last season so 226 at best

Season 2 will start in the second week of the patch, so are dungeons closed in the first week of the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Season 2 will start in the second week of the patch, so are dungeons closed in the first week of the patch?
    Nope, you can run them just fine and as high as you like. Ilvl of drops will probably be limited to +6 or +9, not known yet but previously there were limits for week 1 loot. Week 2 loot should be normal.

Great Vault first week will still contain season 1 rewards (max 226) since you earned it with season 1 dungeons.
    Great Vault week 2 should be normal.