[ BCC ][ guide ] macro to alert you when trinket comes off cooldown

The following macro will try to use the upper trinket (in slot 13). If successful, if starts a timer which plays a sound and prints a message in your chat window when the cooldown is over. If the trinket use was unsuccessful because it is on cooldown, it plays a different sound and prints a fail message to the chat window.

If you want it to work for the other trinket slow, change /use 13 to /use 14

It currently works for the Vengeance of the Illidari trinket, which in the wowhead TBC database is item 28040. You'll have to update that number for different trinkets. Also, the timer is set to 90, which is the 1 minute 30 seconds cooldown of the Illidari trinket. That might also need to be changed depending on the cooldown of the different trinket.

/use 13
    /run local _,x = GetItemCooldown(28040)if x == 0 then C_Timer.After(90, function() print("Trinket ready!")PlaySound(11147) end)else print("Trinket not ready yet")PlaySound(10679)end
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

That's cool but doesn't weakauras funtion in TBCC? If it does, isn't it better as you integrate ir with your UI?

@Kokolums if you're the one that did that Kudos! But try doing stuff in WA, you might find it fun

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    That's cool but doesn't weakauras funtion in TBCC? If it does, isn't it better as you integrate ir with your UI?

@Kokolums if you're the one that did that Kudos! But try doing stuff in WA, you might find it fun
    Yes over half the time I post a new macro, I get at least one person telling me to use weakauras. I prefer to build things with no addons if possible. The game server actually saves your macros no matter which computer you log into. That's a feature a billion times better than weakauras to me.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.