Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well Monks’ issues largely stemmed from the being forced to start from level 1 with a level 90 cap and no available level boost. Blizzard also had severe balancing problems with the Monk’s healing and DPS spec throughout the expansion. Meanwhile, both DKs and DHs had built in level boosts and were OP for much of their tenure in WoW.

I don’t see a technology class having that problem. There are multiple ways to boost levels, the level cap is far lower, and if things go the way they appear to be going, the tech class is going to offer a new RDPS and Healing spec, something the community highly desires.

We also should acknowledge that based purely on what’s being brought to the table, a mech-based clas using magitech (Naaru/Titan/Nightborne) sounds far more interesting than a Pandaren-based Monk class.

As for spec names, I’m no longer sure that the Tinker name will even make it as a spec. If the class appears in a Yrel/Lightbound expansion, a great deal of concept space would have to be made for the Lightforged-based technology, and that stuff is magitech/Artificer based. Interestingly, some Tinker abilities like Grav-O Bomb, Desth Lazor, Robo-Goblin, Engineering Upgrade, and Rock-it turret can work with a Draenei/Titan based mech class.
    I think being overly restricted to Pandaren in terms of its design was also an issue. And I'm not only speaking about the visuals and themes of the class, though I think also there just playing the martial arts in a more cool and over the top manner instead of making it look like Timmys Dojo would have helped, also the animations. If you remember, the unique fight animations for Monks looked objectively shit with the old race models which were only replaced on expansion later.

And while DK was absolutely OP during Wotlk, it became less and less so over the course of the game, with Demon Hunter we had Havoc being incredibly strong but I don't think Vengeance was OP for much of Legion. I think its also not just a gameplay issue, its also an aesthetics and accessebility issue. With DK, you could skip the entire tedious classic leveling zones and with Demon Hunter, you could even jump right into the expansion. Not to forget, both classes played on the appeal of roleplaying as the big two of Warcraft. Thats why I personally think just from a pure appeal perspective and what would garner the most play and interesting, Dark Ranger probably is the stronger one, though again, it is always subject to the personal wims and interest of the Devs. I say both of them will absolutely be the next two classes and the only point of discussion is the order.

While you are right that leveling is far easier nowadays than it was back in MoP, I still feel like the best choice would be to make Tinkers start at a higher level and let them skip the tedious leveling, if Blizz wants for many players to jump into the class. Though I will also say, one alternative is to let them start at a lower level but make them available during the pre-patch. I think that Blizz did that was still one of the most genius moves ever. It made people excited to buy the expansion early on and people had the time to try out the class, maybe even gear it a little bit up and don't be forced to decide whether or not they want to just level their main in the new zones or start again with the new class.

To be honest, I was always against your pure Goblin/Gnome based Tinker-Class, but I think the class absolutely can and should have gnome/goblin aspects to it. The best would be to keep the design more generic tech/magitech (and lets be honest, outside of rockets there would be no visual difference between a technological laser beam and a magical one) and include the most wacky Gnome/Goblin elements like mechano squirrel in the form of more gimmicky niche abilities or talents.

When it comes to the name, it depends on how much Blizz wants to stay on formular. Monk is pretty distinct from the old WC3 Brewmaster in concept alone and they still included the Brewmaster into the class as a spec. I would assume Tinker would be included somewhere just because it was a WC3 hero which the class is based on, while making the concept more general.

Where would it be kept?
    In the spell book

Have the unlocks based on leveling and then the endgame stuff in the expansion buffs the tree

Boom!!!
    You have the tinker tree in a way that will always be used and you have an expansion system that will carry over

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    In the spell book

Have the unlocks based on leveling and then the endgame stuff in the expansion buffs the tree

Boom!!!
    You have the tinker tree in a way that will always be used and you have an expansion system that will carry over
    So each class would have a set of Tinker abilities in their spell book for all time for no reason other than Blizzard would rather give each class an unrelated technology ability instead of creating a technology-based class?

That actually makes sense to you?

Where’s the goalpost shift? We have a basis for a class that uses turrets, guns, and robots.
    Because there was no caveat about which FF14 classes have a root in WoW. What was said was:

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Also, almost all Jobs in FFIVX are covered by wow's classes, except the mechanist and the bard. If blizz wants to keep Ff from taking all their players they need to do something about it, wink wink.
    Not a statement about which classes in FF14 aren't present in WoW and have a solid history in the Warcraft universe. Hence shifting the goalposts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Because there was no caveat about which FF14 classes have a root in WoW. What was said was:

That was another poster’s argument, not mine.

That was another poster’s argument, not mine.
    Yes, and I was replying directly to that poster. Hence why adding caveats after the fact is shifting the goalposts from what was originally said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    I think being overly restricted to Pandaren in terms of its design was also an issue. And I'm not only speaking about the visuals and themes of the class, though I think also there just playing the martial arts in a more cool and over the top manner instead of making it look like Timmys Dojo would have helped, also the animations. If you remember, the unique fight animations for Monks looked objectively shit with the old race models which were only replaced on expansion later.
    Which is fine, but none of that has anything to do with the situation we could potentially be in with a technology-based class.

And while DK was absolutely OP during Wotlk, it became less and less so over the course of the game, with Demon Hunter we had Havoc being incredibly strong but I don't think Vengeance was OP for much of Legion. I think its also not just a gameplay issue, its also an aesthetics and accessebility issue. With DK, you could skip the entire tedious classic leveling zones and with Demon Hunter, you could even jump right into the expansion. Not to forget, both classes played on the appeal of roleplaying as the big two of Warcraft. Thats why I personally think just from a pure appeal perspective and what would garner the most play and interesting, Dark Ranger probably is the stronger one, though again, it is always subject to the personal wims and interest of the Devs. I say both of them will absolutely be the next two classes and the only point of discussion is the order.
    Yeah, the point is that both the DK and the DH started at later levels and were OP from jump, so they were easy for veteran players to swap out to. Monks were never OP, and they started from the beginning of the game with no level boost (albeit an XP boost every 10 levels), so they had a steeper climb.

As for Dark Ranger appeal, I have yet to see a poll anywhere where Dark Rangers are preferred over the Tinker. I believe that a broad technology class with Magi-tech elements would be even more appealing than the standard Goblin/Gnome Tinker concept. That said, I really don't care what class we get next, we just need a new class.

While you are right that leveling is far easier nowadays than it was back in MoP, I still feel like the best choice would be to make Tinkers start at a higher level and let them skip the tedious leveling, if Blizz wants for many players to jump into the class. Though I will also say, one alternative is to let them start at a lower level but make them available during the pre-patch. I think that Blizz did that was still one of the most genius moves ever. It made people excited to buy the expansion early on and people had the time to try out the class, maybe even gear it a little bit up and don't be forced to decide whether or not they want to just level their main in the new zones or start again with the new class.
    Well the hero classes begin at level 10 now, and reaching level 10 via Exile's Reach takes an hour at most, so it really isn't a big deal like it once was. However, making them a hero class or simply giving them their own unique starter zone might give them some much needed lore to ease them into the storyline.

To be honest, I was always against your pure Goblin/Gnome based Tinker-Class, but I think the class absolutely can and should have gnome/goblin aspects to it. The best would be to keep the design more generic tech/magitech (and lets be honest, outside of rockets there would be no visual difference between a technological laser beam and a magical one) and include the most wacky Gnome/Goblin elements like mechano squirrel in the form of more gimmicky niche abilities or talents.

When it comes to the name, it depends on how much Blizz wants to stay on formular. Monk is pretty distinct from the old WC3 Brewmaster in concept alone and they still included the Brewmaster into the class as a spec. I would assume Tinker would be included somewhere just because it was a WC3 hero which the class is based on, while making the concept more general.

Yeah, again I think name-wise we're looking at a Tinker spec at most, and some of the more general concepts (mech piloting, Deth Lazor, Turrets, Gravity Bombs, Engineering upgrade, Xplodium Charge, some of the abilities and concepts from Island Expeditions, etc. will be carried over. Some of the more Goblin-centric stuff might be abandoned.

As for my mind-change on Goblin/Gnome centric Tinkers, I simply couldn't ignore LF Draenei and their warframes, and I simply couldn't see a mech-based Tinker class that leaves out a race that clearly builds and uses mechs as much as Goblins and Gnomes. The only solution would be for Blizzard to merge those concepts together, and create a broad technology class that uses a broad swath of WoW's races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Yes, and I was replying directly to that poster. Hence why adding caveats after the fact is shifting the goalposts from what was originally said.
    Fair enough.

So each class would have a set of Tinker abilities in their spell book for all time for no reason other than Blizzard would rather give each class an unrelated technology ability instead of creating a technology-based class?

That actually makes sense to you?
    Yes

Because the technology expansion would effect the heroes and the world as a whole

Instead of “oh hey a few of you can make new stuff” it’s “as a hero you must learn to evolve with the world”

Better than abandoning a system that took so much work

Dont, do that. Cant you see when someone is talking out of their ass?

But, um. Gunbreaker = warrior with gunsword, Dancer = monk kinda maybe?, Dragoon = also warrior but with liek spears I guess, Astrologian = ummmmm arcane mage LOL, Blue mage = Mage in blue xmog.

Look man IDK.

All I know is that FFXIV is killing wow slowly and they have their own form of a tinker. Warcraft has a huge tech presence and yet no real form of combat that embraces this.
    I think that ultimately it's kinda hard to do a 1 to 1 comparison between WoW and FF14 classes anyway, considering how hyper specialized FF14 classes are and will only fulfill a single role.

I think a better benchmark isn't what's in FF14 though. The games are very different. It's what works well in WoW. I actually agree that a Tinker type class would make a great addition to the game. I'd prefer it not have something like a mech mind you, but that's totally personal preference on my part.

The next class will be the Tinker for the Dragon isles expansion.

Undermine will be the next Oribos, Dalaran, Shatrath, Etc

Wrathion is looking for the dragon isles, which are more than likely hidden via titan tech similar to Uldum before the Cataclysm. He also has a new titanic friend in the form of MOTHER.

What’s going to happen is that Wrathion will employ the Tinker’s Union, gather all teh word’s best tinkers under one roof and combine their tech, with MOTHER’s titan tech, and his draconic essences that we gathered to empower our HoA and use them to locate teh dragon isles.

They succeed and thus Wrathion funds the Tinker Unions efforts and they’re able to spread their influence across azeroth.

Dragonsworn will instead be the next covenants unfortunately.
    I wish I could slap the stupid people who do this shit.

Not only is it dumb, but it was also done in one of the laziest ways possible. You didn't even try to do anything with this, just pulled shit out of your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes

Because the technology expansion would effect the heroes and the world as a whole

Instead of “oh hey a few of you can make new stuff” it’s “as a hero you must learn to evolve with the world”

Better than abandoning a system that took so much work
    Why would a technology expansion in particular have lingering effects on the heroes and the classes while other expansions have not?

Why would a technology expansion in particular have lingering effects on the heroes and the classes while other expansions have not?
    well shadowlands we arent on azeroth
    azerite gear was powered due to our injured planet (its why gallywix staff suddenly turned on)
    the artifact weapons were drained for the sword

idk how a leap in technological advances would disappear

Which is fine, but none of that has anything to do with the situation we could potentially be in with a technology-based class.
    I think its issues with the Monk I didn't considered before. I think there is general potential with physical ranged classes in that they can offer playstyles which feel distinct than additional melees could, simply because we have only two physical ranged specs who both utilize focus as a ressource, so a change in ressource would already make them feel unique.

Yeah, the point is that both the DK and the DH started at later levels and were OP from jump, so they were easy for veteran players to swap out to. Monks were never OP, and they started from the beginning of the game with no level boost (albeit an XP boost every 10 levels), so they had a steeper climb.

As for Dark Ranger appeal, I have yet to see a poll anywhere where Dark Rangers are preferred over the Tinker. I believe that a broad technology class with Magi-tech elements would be even more appealing than the standard Goblin/Gnome Tinker concept. That said, I really don't care what class we get next, we just need a new class.
    I think its all the factors being combined. Death Knights were OP, I would argue DHs a little bit less so, they were greatly accessible, especially the DH who was an immediate success because it was already so easy to swap to him pre-legion release and they are based on very popular fantasies in the franchise, being Arthas/Illidan. The Monk had very little to offer, the concept was rather new and more whimsical, Chen more of a niche character people weren't that invested in, the issue with Pandaren not being that popular as a race while the animations looking off on other races and it starting at level 1. It also wasn't as flashy as Death Knight and Demon Hunters were. Demon Hunters are a class which are already fun to play just because how satisfying their animations feel. Well introduced, Tinkers could have the potential to be very aesthetically pleasing, just look at the FF14 machinist and all the crazy shit that is constantly going on while playing him and I think just the fact that Blizz moved more towards making certain expansion features playable prior to release would help people to jump into the class during the most opportune timing, the pre-patch, when people aren't raiding that much anymore and are more busy playing the event for rewards, which also usually offer good catch-up to jump into the xpansion.

On Dark Ranger, you have to consider that the polls are on unofficial websites with only a niche audience responding to them and many people obviously not understanding how new classes work. A Dark Ranger class obviously would gain most if not all the iconic features of Sylvanas and Nathanos, including Banshee powers. But generally speaking, I moved to the opinion that if Blizz is not out of nowhere changing their formular radically, both classes will probably come, its more of a matter of who gets to be in the spotlight first than who gets to be chosen. Melee classes are already oversaturated with all new classes so far being melee and two of them being leather-melees, so I think there is plenty of room for two ranged classes being introduced on after another, especially due to the small pool of classes using mail and only two specs using ranged weapons. It even seems more opportunistic, there is still survival as a ranged spec to borrow from if it doesn't experiences a rewamp back to ranged and ranged classes can easily either utilize more traditionally melee oriented mechanics or a mix of melee and caster playstyles. There is still the possibility of a new caster class but I think its a little bit less likely as Blizz seems to struggle with coming up with different caster playstyles and them prefering to introduce classes who have tank specs, which both Tinker in the form of a Mech-based spec and Dark Ranger in the form of a Dark Warden spec would offer easily. I absolutely think its one of the two with the other one following afterwards.

Well the hero classes begin at level 10 now, and reaching level 10 via Exile's Reach takes an hour at most, so it really isn't a big deal like it once was. However, making them a hero class or simply giving them their own unique starter zone might give them some much needed lore to ease them into the storyline.
    I think there are two issues with letting new classes start at level 10 or earlier: Legion and Shadowlands. Legion would require Blizzard to either introduce artifact weapons and possibly also a class order campaign into new classes which would be a waste of ressources and if covenant abilities aren't completely removed post Shadowlands for all players, the same issue would exist for covenant abilities. I think any new class would start probably at short of 50 and leave their starting zone around 50 if covenant abilities are entirely removed or the same with 60 if not.

Yeah, again I think name-wise we're looking at a Tinker spec at most, and some of the more general concepts (mech piloting, Deth Lazor, Turrets, Gravity Bombs, Engineering upgrade, Xplodium Charge, some of the abilities and concepts from Island Expeditions, etc. will be carried over. Some of the more Goblin-centric stuff might be abandoned.

As for my mind-change on Goblin/Gnome centric Tinkers, I simply couldn't ignore LF Draenei and their warframes, and I simply couldn't see a mech-based Tinker class that leaves out a race that clearly builds and uses mechs as much as Goblins and Gnomes. The only solution would be for Blizzard to merge those concepts together, and create a broad technology class that uses a broad swath of WoW's races.
    There is still gimmick and support abilities which can be more whimsical. I also think another case against a too goblin/gnome centric Tinker though is that those races aren't the most popular. You can make a purely elven class because of how popular they are, but I think the same is harder and more risky with Goblins. Though I still can see them just running with the name Tinker but make the class in a way that is fitting for other races as well or making one spec more based around gnomes/goblins. Or like I said, restrict the most whimsical aspects to gimmick and support abilities which are more situational rather than a core part of the rotation. Though I also think if they utilize the old Mech-skeleton, they also leave room for customization options for the mech. After all, all they would need to do is swapping the model with pre-existing once like the Warframe, Blackfuses Shredder or the Shredder mounts without much else workse to do. The Demon Hunters also created a presedent of weapons unique for them alone existing, so I think they could do cool stuff in that direction too. Like Gatling-Guns or Rocket-Launchers as a weapon type, alternatively maybe even one-handed pistols and crossbows. Same with the attack animations, where Demon Hunters have an unique one, I think it would increase the visual appeal to the class to make them look different from Hunters and potential Dark Rangers. Maybe making the shooter aspect of their class more western-style gunslinger like, which would differenciate them from the archer/sharpshooter like Hunter. It could even benefit their overall aesthetics, with one hand free during the standart fight animation, they more easily creat animations where the Tinker grabs into his pockets to pick up gadgets.

10+ Year Old Account
    well shadowlands we arent on azeroth
    azerite gear was powered due to our injured planet (its why gallywix staff suddenly turned on)
    the artifact weapons were drained for the sword

idk how a leap in technological advances would disappear
    You're saying that every class would have permanent technology-based abilities following a technology expansion.

Which would be like all the classes getting permanent Shadow abilities after Shadowlands.

That didn't happen after Legion or BFA, and it isn't happening after Shadowlands. It won't happen after a technology expansion either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    I think its all the factors being combined. Death Knights were OP, I would argue DHs a little bit less so, they were greatly accessible, especially the DH who was an immediate success because it was already so easy to swap to him pre-legion release and they are based on very popular fantasies in the franchise, being Arthas/Illidan. The Monk had very little to offer, the concept was rather new and more whimsical, Chen more of a niche character people weren't that invested in, the issue with Pandaren not being that popular as a race while the animations looking off on other races and it starting at level 1. It also wasn't as flashy as Death Knight and Demon Hunters were. Demon Hunters are a class which are already fun to play just because how satisfying their animations feel. Well introduced, Tinkers could have the potential to be very aesthetically pleasing, just look at the FF14 machinist and all the crazy shit that is constantly going on while playing him and I think just the fact that Blizz moved more towards making certain expansion features playable prior to release would help people to jump into the class during the most opportune timing, the pre-patch, when people aren't raiding that much anymore and are more busy playing the event for rewards, which also usually offer good catch-up to jump into the xpansion.
    While I don't think any WoW class can match the flashiness of a FFXIV job, I do think if Blizzard designs the class properly, a technology class' abilities would offer a high level of flash and visual oomph for a player. I'd personally like to see an RDPS with a variety of beam cannons and explosives, and I doubt I'm alone in that feeling. I do agree that the Monk class really wasn't much in the visual flair department, and I can imagine that that could have hurt its popularity. Demon Hunters and Death Knights definitely had impressive visuals upon their release.

On Dark Ranger, you have to consider that the polls are on unofficial websites with only a niche audience responding to them and many people obviously not understanding how new classes work. A Dark Ranger class obviously would gain most if not all the iconic features of Sylvanas and Nathanos, including Banshee powers. But generally speaking, I moved to the opinion that if Blizz is not out of nowhere changing their formular radically, both classes will probably come, its more of a matter of who gets to be in the spotlight first than who gets to be chosen. Melee classes are already oversaturated with all new classes so far being melee and two of them being leather-melees, so I think there is plenty of room for two ranged classes being introduced on after another, especially due to the small pool of classes using mail and only two specs using ranged weapons. It even seems more opportunistic, there is still survival as a ranged spec to borrow from if it doesn't experiences a rewamp back to ranged and ranged classes can easily either utilize more traditionally melee oriented mechanics or a mix of melee and caster playstyles. There is still the possibility of a new caster class but I think its a little bit less likely as Blizz seems to struggle with coming up with different caster playstyles and them prefering to introduce classes who have tank specs, which both Tinker in the form of a Mech-based spec and Dark Ranger in the form of a Dark Warden spec would offer easily. I absolutely think its one of the two with the other one following afterwards.
    We'll have to agree to disagree about the Dark Ranger.

I think there are two issues with letting new classes start at level 10 or earlier: Legion and Shadowlands. Legion would require Blizzard to either introduce artifact weapons and possibly also a class order campaign into new classes which would be a waste of ressources and if covenant abilities aren't completely removed post Shadowlands for all players, the same issue would exist for covenant abilities. I think any new class would start probably at short of 50 and leave their starting zone around 50 if covenant abilities are entirely removed or the same with 60 if not.
    Legion is optional content, and a new class would either bypass it, or simply not get a class hall. Considering that people burn through Legion content nowadays, I actually see that as a positive because I find the artifact stuff to be tedious as I'm leveling.

As for Shadowlands, we'll have to wait and see how Blizzard squishes it. Once you hit level 60 you're simply out of it and on to the current expansion, and Blizzard could simply squish Shadowlands with the other expansions and give you the option to level through multiple expansions to get to 60 like they do now.

There is still gimmick and support abilities which can be more whimsical. I also think another case against a too goblin/gnome centric Tinker though is that those races aren't the most popular. You can make a purely elven class because of how popular they are, but I think the same is harder and more risky with Goblins. Though I still can see them just running with the name Tinker but make the class in a way that is fitting for other races as well or making one spec more based around gnomes/goblins. Or like I said, restrict the most whimsical aspects to gimmick and support abilities which are more situational rather than a core part of the rotation. Though I also think if they utilize the old Mech-skeleton, they also leave room for customization options for the mech. After all, all they would need to do is swapping the model with pre-existing once like the Warframe, Blackfuses Shredder or the Shredder mounts without much else workse to do. The Demon Hunters also created a presedent of weapons unique for them alone existing, so I think they could do cool stuff in that direction too. Like Gatling-Guns or Rocket-Launchers as a weapon type, alternatively maybe even one-handed pistols and crossbows. Same with the attack animations, where Demon Hunters have an unique one, I think it would increase the visual appeal to the class to make them look different from Hunters and potential Dark Rangers. Maybe making the shooter aspect of their class more western-style gunslinger like, which would differenciate them from the archer/sharpshooter like Hunter. It could even benefit their overall aesthetics, with one hand free during the standart fight animation, they more easily creat animations where the Tinker grabs into his pockets to pick up gadgets.
    Yeah, I don't think Blizzard is going to reuse current mech designs for a new class, they'll fully design unique mechs for the new class in order to differentiate the class from people walking around in mounts or from NPC characters. I think at most you're going to see a mech for Horde characters and a mech for Alliance races, each with faction-exclusive technology summons.

Everything else you stated I largely agree with.

You're saying that every class would have permanent technology-based abilities following a technology expansion.

Which would be like all the classes getting permanent Shadow abilities after Shadowlands.

That didn't happen after Legion or BFA, and it isn't happening after Shadowlands. It won't happen after a technology expansion either.

if shadowlands happened on azeroth
    if the azerite wasnt empowered because of the wound of our planet
    you would have a point

10+ Year Old Account
    if shadowlands happened on azeroth
    if the azerite wasnt empowered because of the wound of our planet
    you would have a point
    Well that's the point; Those abilities aren't meant to be permanent, they're expansion exclusive by design. Again, in rare cases "covenant" abilities will be given to a class, but not EVERY covenant ability in EVERY class. There's no reason for that to happen.

Well that's the point; Those abilities aren't meant to be permanent, they're expansion exclusive by design. Again, in rare cases "covenant" abilities will be given to a class, but not EVERY covenant ability in EVERY class. There's no reason for that to happen.
    yes those past abilities are designed to be replaced
    this doesnt mean they cant design 4 class agnostic trees (meaning only 4 trees not 4x12) to be permanent

that would be like taking a warrior from cata and placing him in starcraft without any new tech

10+ Year Old Account
    yes those past abilities are designed to be replaced
    this doesnt mean they cant design 4 class agnostic trees (meaning only 4 trees not 4x12) to be permanent

that would be like taking a warrior from cata and placing him in starcraft without any new tech
    This is assuming that a warrior needs technology abilities to function in a technology-based expansion set on Azeroth. This is also assuming that Blizzard would allow Warriors to keep a tech-based ability after the technology-based expansion is over. Finally, this is assuming that known Tinker abilities make sense in existing classes. For the most part they don't. The mech-piloting ability being the most glaring example.

In short, why are we doing this when we can simply make a class?

This is assuming that a warrior needs technology abilities to function in a technology-based expansion set on Azeroth. This is also assuming that Blizzard would allow Warriors to keep a tech-based ability after the technology-based expansion is over. Finally, this is assuming that known Tinker abilities make sense in existing classes. For the most part they don't. The mech-piloting ability being the most glaring example.

In short, why are we doing this when we can simply make a class?
    Because it’s easier
    And storywise it makes more sense that everyone benefits from the technology

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it’s easier
    Actually it's not easier because you're going to have to continuously balance abilities that can never be removed with constantly evolving classes. So even if you decide to completely redesign the Warrior class for example, you have to retain those relics from the technology expansion that never made sense in the Warrior class in the first place.

It's actually far easier to balance a standalone class since it's going to operate under the same general rules as the existing classes. What you're describing here is rather alien (and frankly detrimental) to the game.

And storywise it makes more sense that everyone benefits from the technology
    Everyone benefits from magic too. That doesn't mean that every class should permanently get 3-4 Mage or Warlock abilities.