1. #2081
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They pay more than the average American does, based on their income.

    They are paying "their fair share."
    What is their "fair share"?

    Someone who's worth 100 billion dollars paying and anything over a million dollars is WAY more money than someone who only makes 40K a year will probably see in their lifetime. But that doesn't mean the billionaire is paying their fair share; far from it.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

  2. #2082
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You were the one making that goalpost about the bedrooms. I have no problem talking about In&Out.

    I'm getting it just fine. You have no problem sacrificing what you know you will never have, so that you can take from others.

    SO, how much more are you willing to pay of your wealth? 6% of your wealth a year, on top of what you already pay?
    I wonder how far you think you'll get with this ad hominem. I mean, it's false and I actually don't give a fuck what you think about me, but do you actually think it would change anything about the argument? I'm no Bezos, I think that's not a secret. But yes, I absolutely think I can have an opinion on the matter, regardless of my personal wealth, which is none of your fucking business by the way, and I would appreciate you steering away from trying to pry personal information out of me. Maybe you can at least show that basic level of courtesy...

    and I pay the appropriate amount of tax in my tax bracket, like everyone else. If I was above the "wealth level" that would be deemed so rich you'd go for wealth, yeah sure... I'm actually a sucker for following the rules and would gladly pay 6% of my wealth if that means I do my share for society and get the tax guys off my back. Actually, I probably wouldn't even notice, as my tax guy would do all that stuff anyway. Maybe I am already paying 6% of my wealth in tax. I just don't give enough of a fuck to deal with that shit. I have a life to live.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  3. #2083
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Don't please. Wealth worshippers will try to convince you of the opposite by lying, misrepresenting, deflecting, he'll mock, belittle, deride...
    You're right. The sad thing about wealth worshipers is that they seem to think those super-rich people will somehow throw them a bone or something. Or simply with hard work and not luck, they too can be the next Bezos or Musk. And we know it's likely not going to happen.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

  4. #2084
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No it isn't, you claim there are other ways, fucking prove it.
    You're taking a general comment and applying it to a specific context.

    I have no idea what proportion of Snyder's $3.6 billion net worth is specifically her ownership of In&Out. She could sell real estate, or art that she owns, stock she owns in other companies, and so on. For starters.

    Even if she doesn't have enough among her other assets, why is selling stock in In&Out not an option, anyway? You still haven't made an argument for that.

  5. #2085
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    What is their "fair share"?

    Someone who's worth 100 billion dollars paying and anything over a million dollars is WAY more money than someone who only makes 40K a year will probably see in their lifetime. But that doesn't mean the billionaire is paying their fair share; far from it.
    Well, the government is saying they are paying their fair share.

    What is "their fair share" to you?

    We do know they are paying a higher percentage of their incomes than the average American.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're taking a general comment and applying it to a specific context.

    I have no idea what proportion of Snyder's $3.6 billion net worth is specifically her ownership of In&Out. She could sell real estate, or art that she owns, stock she owns in other companies, and so on. For starters.

    Even if she doesn't have enough among her other assets, why is selling stock in In&Out not an option, anyway? You still haven't made an argument for that.
    That's the point, you swear these things can be done, so do the work, and show it.

    Otherwise, the math disagrees with you.

    I have made that argument, you just don't care, because that IS EXACTLY WEHAT YOU WANT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  6. #2086
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, the government is saying they are paying their fair share.

    What is "their fair share" to you?

    We do know they are paying a higher percentage of their incomes than the average American.
    You know, we can change the definition of "fair share", right? Why can't we increase their share? Because it isn't fair? Well, I say it is. Now what, are you going to cry to mommy about how mean I am just changing the interpretation of fair? See how flexible this really is once you let lose of the current system and just imagine what it could be?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  7. #2087
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You know, we can change the definition of "fair share", right? Why can't we increase their share? Because it isn't fair? Well, I say it is. Now what, are you going to cry to mommy about how mean I am just changing the interpretation of fair? See how flexible this really is once you let lose of the current system and just imagine what it could be?
    great, I want to know HIS definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  8. #2088
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    great, I want to know HIS definition.
    What for? You're going to ignore or dismiss it anyway? Why force the new guy to put in the effort so you can pump out an ignorant one liner laughing at him?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  9. #2089
    Summary of Thread

    Lefties - All rich people are greedy and should have wealth taken away until they are at the same level as poor people.

    Righties - All poor people should be given the same opportunities to become as wealthy as rich people.


    Does anyone else have anything to add or can we close thread?

  10. #2090
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    You're right. The sad thing about wealth worshipers is that they seem to think those super-rich people will somehow throw them a bone or something. Or simply with hard work and not luck, they too can be the next Bezos or Musk. And we know it's likely not going to happen.
    Actually I believe he's one of them. One of those that will be affected by a wealth tax. That's the only reason why he was never interested in having a good argument...and convincing anyone.

  11. #2091
    Quote Originally Posted by LvsRDeb View Post
    Summary of Thread

    Lefties - All rich people are greedy and should have wealth taken away until they are at the same level as poor people.

    Righties - All poor people should be given the same opportunities to become as wealthy as rich people.

    Does anyone else have anything to add or can we close thread?
    You could try getting your summary right, as a start, new account.

  12. #2092
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's the point, you swear these things can be done, so do the work, and show it.

    Otherwise, the math disagrees with you.
    Your napkin math just ignores that Snyder must own assets. At the very least, I saw articles about her $20m mansion. And I provided a suite of other potential assets. So that work's done, you're just ignoring it.

    I have made that argument, you just don't care, because that IS EXACTLY WEHAT YOU WANT.
    And now you're shouting.

    You haven't made that argument. You just stamp your foot and insist it can't be allowed to happen, because reasons. You never explain why it's something that should be prevented.

  13. #2093
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Actually I believe he's one of them. One of those that will be affected by a wealth tax. That's the only reason why he was never interested in having a good argument...and convincing anyone.
    I’m not convinced he’s wealthy in any way shape or form. He just wishes he was and thinks the wealthy deserve to control society.

  14. #2094
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What for? You're going to ignore or dismiss it anyway? Why force the new guy to put in the effort so you can pump out an ignorant one liner laughing at him?
    It's what he says he wants, so I want to know exactly what that means.

    He called for them to pay their fair share, and I want to know exactly what he meant by that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  15. #2095
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You could try getting your summary right, as a start, new account.
    Leftist mentality ends with everyone being poor except for the one dictator tax collection benefactor.

    That literally is the ultimate end game of looney lefty politics.

  16. #2096
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Your napkin math just ignores that Snyder must own assets. At the very least, I saw articles about her $20m mansion. And I provided a suite of other potential assets. So that work's done, you're just ignoring it.



    And now you're shouting.

    You haven't made that argument. You just stamp your foot and insist it can't be allowed to happen, because reasons. You never explain why it's something that should be prevented.
    It speaks about those assets, up to about $600 million.

    That would be gone in 4 years. That math was already provided.

    So, show me exactly how she keeps her company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  17. #2097
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    68,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It speaks about those assets, up to about $600 million.

    That would be gone in 4 years. That math was already provided.

    So, show me exactly how she keeps her company.
    You're presuming that she should "keep her company".

    That's the bit of your argument you never rationalize.

    If she can't pay her tax obligations any other way, I don't see why selling stock isn't an option.

  18. #2098
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It speaks about those assets, up to about $600 million.

    That would be gone in 4 years. That math was already provided.

    So, show me exactly how she keeps her company.
    You seem to think we're saying they should be taxed until they're broke. This is you making up shit.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  19. #2099
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're presuming that she should "keep her company".

    That's the bit of your argument you never rationalize.

    If she can't pay her tax obligations any other way, I don't see why selling stock isn't an option.
    You are playing to my argument about wanting to take her company away from her, and that being the entire intent behind all of this. You are making my point for me.

    "Great, if she cannot get rid of the fetus any other way, I guess she'll have to keep it."

    "If the minorities can't be bothered to jump through all those hoops, and wait in line for 8 hours to vote, then I guess they shouldn't vote."
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  20. #2100
    Quote Originally Posted by LvsRDeb View Post
    Summary of Thread

    Lefties - All rich people are greedy and should have wealth taken away until they are at the same level as poor people.

    Righties - All poor people should be given the same opportunities to become as wealthy as rich people.


    Does anyone else have anything to add or can we close thread?
    Why close the thread? No one is making you read it, and the people involved are clearly interested in making the same points over and over again at each other. Frustrated by how thoroughly those rightwing points are getting knocked down?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •