Page 11 of 172 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    They did. Most libertarians dropped the mask and went full fash during the Trump years, so now all that's left is that awkward minority that thought libertarianism was actually about freedom or something. Lol.
    Most so-called libertarians are fucking liars.

Just like most so-called conservatives.

Just like most so-called liberals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You did... likely deliberately.
    Fraid not.

You argued it's not punishment, I simply pointed that such a concept is wrong.

They did. Most libertarians dropped the mask and went full fash during the Trump years, so now all that's left is that awkward minority that thought libertarianism was actually about freedom or something. Lol.
    More embarrassing is the fact that when they call for soending cuts it's always about fucking the poor for the sake of the wealthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

Just like most so-called conservatives.

Just like most so-called liberals.
    Yeah, yeah, we get it. You're the only real libertarian in the world and the only person who actually believes what they say.

And yes, most libertarians are fucking liars because libertarianism was always a dogwhistle of a hate movement in capitalist clothing - the true believers were just the marks for the con.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    More embarrassing us the fact that when they call fir soending cuts it's always about fucking the poor for the sake of the wealthy.
    That's simply a lie on your part.

Then again, I don't really expect much else from you.

- - - Updated - - -

No, most so-called libertarians found themselves cheering on a fascist asshat in Trump.

They were liars.

Trump opposed literally all the concepts of libertarianism.

yes, kind of awkward when you admit to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, most so-called libertarians found themselves cheering on a fascist asshat in Trump.

They were liars.

Trump opposed literally all the concepts of libertarianism.
    Which...is exactly what I said:

Keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Fraid not.

You argued it's not punishment, I simply pointed that such a concept is wrong.
    You attempted to equate a wealth tax above $50m (enough money for multiple houses) as the same as a 99% tax on $50k (enough money to starve to death). I'd say you deliberately misunderstood.

Edit: I say 99%, but you really used 100% first, just to make it absolutely clear that you were full of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post

yes, kind of awkward when you admit to this.
    I have pointed out their lies many times.

Well, look how fucking consistent I am, calling out the people who are supposedly on my side.

Well, look how fucking consistent I am, calling out the people who are supposedly on my side.
    no. I'm saying you're a lair.

It's funny though. When you don't respond he'll just make shit up about you. It's a device to prod you onto engaging him.

About the only thing you've been consistent in for this thread is deliberately misconstruing arguments.

You attempted to equate a wealth tax above $50m (enough money for multiple houses) as the same as a 99% tax on $50k (enough money to starve to death). I'd say you deliberately misunderstood.

Edit: I say 99%, but you really used 100% first, just to make it absolutely clear that you were full of shit.
    No, you said it's not punishment, and I simply pointed out how it can definitely be punishment.

Do you care to amend your shitty argument?

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny though. When you don't respond he'll just make shit up about you. It's a device to prod you onto engaging him.
    As opposed to simply talking shit about other posters?

Do you know what irony is?

- - - Updated - - -

no. I'm saying you're a lair.
    I'm saying I expect some fucking evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

About the only thing you've been consistent in for this thread is deliberately misconstruing arguments.
    You made a claim, I simply pointed out that your claim is false.

Do you want to go back and read what you typed?

"Taxation is not punishment."

So, are you standing by that statement?

Libertarianism has always been more about a belief system that embraces denial of facts, but insists upon a lack of conviction when government assistance is needed or given. Has any libertarian refused money given out? No more than Ayn Rand did when she wanted assistance. It's a grand hypocrisy overall.

And they pay taxes.

This is about wealth itself.
    They don’t pay enough taxes. Their greed also hurts them in the long term.

And it actually isn’t about wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You’re the one who wants to sell them all the infrastructure and politicians. Remember?
    I remember calling for slow, small changes, remember?

Man, you guys must really be in a pickle over those regulations in Texas that require Tesla to send cars out of state, then back in.

Maybe you should make Musk pay for it, personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Libertarianism has always been more about a belief system that embraces denial of facts, but insists upon a lack of conviction when government assistance is needed or given. Has any libertarian refused money given out? No more than Ayn Rand did when she wanted assistance. It's a grand hypocrisy overall.
    It's the support of individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets.

Fuck Ayn Rand, she's a tosser.

No, you said it's not punishment, and I simply pointed out how it can definitely be punishment.

Do you care to amend your shitty argument?
    Yes, I sure said taxation isn't punishment. Why would I change that argument? Starving people to death is punishment. Forcing people out of their homes into the street is punishment. That's what your proposal would do. Do you care to stop misconstruing the argument at hand? That a tax on wealth over $50m doesn't force people into the street and starve them to death?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    They don’t pay enough taxes. Their greed also hurts them in the long term.

And it actually isn’t about wealth.
    How much more should they pay?

The Propublica article you presented was SPECIFICALLY ABOUT WEALTH.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I sure said taxation isn't punishment. Why would I change that argument? Starving people to death is punishment. Forcing people out of their homes into the street is punishment. That's what your proposal would do. Do you care to stop misconstruing the argument at hand? That a tax on wealth over $50m doesn't force people into the street and starve them to death?
    Great, since taxation isn't punishment, then even a 100% taxation isn't punishment. Or, are you unaware of what you typed?

With such a proposal, do you simply keep taxing that6 wealth, until they fall below $50 million? I assume that wealth tax is annual... right?

I'm saying I expect some fucking evidence.
    just like that evidence that if rich people aren't absurdly rich they would die or something? like when you throw water on the wicked witch or a vampire explodes in the sun.

Great, since taxation isn't punishment, then even a 100% taxation isn't punishment. Or, are you unaware of what you typed?
    Wow, this all over again:

You seem to misunderstand... likely on purpose. I cannot really help you with that,

just like that evidence that if rich people aren't absurdly rich they would die or something?
    Where did I make such a claim?

You made a direct claim, where is your evidence?

I'll give you 24 hours.