1. #3221
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    You understood part of it and dismissed the rest.

    You understand that those on Social Security aren't living a decent standard of living already with many having it REALLY bad because it doesn't pay enough. You also know that they can't collect it till they are pretty old.

    So you would rather these people go from barely making ends meet to NOT making ends meet or flat out going homeless because of it, all so you can avoid the top paying taxes THEY WERE ORIGINALLY INTENDING TO BE PAYING.

    You simply disagreeing would be a MASSIVE step up from what you are doing. You have intentionally NOT understood the total situation even when spelled out to you.

    1) Social Security is about to go insolvent.
    2) Those on Social Security are not making enough as is and won't be able to survive with it being cut.

    You accept number 1 but reject number 2 because to accept number 2 requires you to accept your solution isn't a solution at all.

    And while I get to see some little old ladies sitting on chairs being greeters at Walmart because their $900 a month doesn't cover their bills, if they are so old they can't stop shaking and can't talk loud let alone look through my bags, they shouldn't be required to continue working after that point and after decades of working. A situation your "Solution" will make massively worse and unworkable.

    The only reason my grandmother got the retirement she did was because:
    1: She received retirement from decades delivering babies for the local hospital, job security most nowadays don't have. Even at that hospital one of her friends in the early 2000's had to sue them because they tried to lay them off just before they got old enough to retire.

    2: Her husband was a retired Sergeant Major from the US Army who served in WW2 and didn't retire till 1995 where he was forced out due to age and she got his retirement as well.

    If she had to rely on just Social Security, she wouldn't have made it with the cost of housing after she had to move out of her old house because of her age.

    Under your "Solution" you would leave many to suffer and die because you refuse to accept the reality of the situation just because accepting that reality would require you to accept your ideological solution is completely worthless when the rubber hits the road and causes vastly more issues than it even attempts to solve and even fails at that.

    As I have said before, you don't understand the facts. It isn't that you disagree, disagree with part of it while intentionally refusing to understand the rest of it because it blows up your stance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Still wondering how for the mods will allow this to continue.


    I'm sending you a PM with the answer, since this is straying off-topic, and I'm actually wanting to keep it in the ball park.

  2. #3222
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Still wondering how for the mods will allow this to continue.
    They shouldn't.
    Three threads in the past year with one person shitposting and everyone falling for it.

  3. #3223
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    So your job came at someone else's expense. That person who didn't get your job still needs shelter, clothing, food, transportation and healthcare. This is why advice like "just get a better job" is stupid. A former guildmate was a proud libertarian like yourself. He loudly touted how working the night shift got him more money and people in the day shift are just whiners unwilling to put in the hardship. I pointed out if everyone worked the night shift there would be no one to work the day shift. Being on the look out for the better job might be better for you personally but what's best for you personally isn't necessarily what's best for society and even shitty jobs are still necessary.

    And being an unethical, immoral douchebag helps the most. Jeff Bezos is certainly a prime example.

    The wealthy were gambling. The middle class had mortgages they were ineligible for or were out right fraudulent that were given to them by the wealthy so the wealthy could continue to gamble.
    That's saying literally every job is at someone else's expense, and that's a stupid argument. If you genuinely care, then give someone else your job.

    The middle class took out those loans, and many were eligible. They willingly signed up for what they genuinely believed they could afford. What they did, was leverage that equity, and not save money for a rainy day. That's the thing about loans, you have to know how you plan on paying them back. Trying to pretend that they were all just innocent shlubs who got conned, is a major retconning of history.

    If you find him immoral and unethical, then don't use his company. Don't use Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, Wal-Mart, Oracle, Google, Bloomberg, Nike, Dell, M&M/Mars, or any other company you don't want to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They shouldn't.
    Three threads in the past year with one person shitposting and everyone falling for it.
    Unlike you, I'm actually trying to stick to the subject.

  4. #3224
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They shouldn't.
    Three threads in the past year with one person shitposting and everyone falling for it.
    Part of the reason why I have got to the point where I participate more is BECAUSE I have accepted that the moderation is effectively toothless on this issue unless it goes to extremes at which point it is a slap on the wrist at best when anything does happen.

    They keep doing it, and all that happens is a warning or a token infraction that will fall off with maybe a temp suspension where either another comes in to take the place entirely or they hop on an alt through a VPN and continue. But no ACTUAL action is really taken unless it goes to death threats level of offenses.

    - - - Updated - - -
    @Machismo

    I much prefer to talk in the forum than through DM if you don't mind. I reserve that for stuff I would actually want private and, to be honest, it gets really annoying to deal with it giving pop ups for notifications for me, especially when half the time I am not at a PC but on my phone which makes them that much more annoying to deal with on here.


    Edit: Off to bed, later guys.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  5. #3225
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Part of the reason why I have got to the point where I participate more is BECAUSE I have accepted that the moderation is effectively toothless on this issue unless it goes to extremes at which point it is a slap on the wrist at best when anything does happen.

    They keep doing it, and all that happens is a warning or a token infraction that will fall off with maybe a temp suspension where either another comes in to take the place entirely or they hop on an alt through a VPN and continue. But no ACTUAL action is really taken unless it goes to death threats level of offenses.

    - - - Updated - - -
    @Machismo

    I much prefer to talk in the forum than through DM if you don't mind. I reserve that for stuff I would actually want private and, to be honest, it gets really annoying to deal with it giving pop ups for notifications for me, especially when half the time I am not at a PC but on my phone which makes them that much more annoying to deal with on here.


    Edit: Off to bed, later guys.
    I'm fine with keeping it public, but I do want to keep it on the actual topic. We had drifted off into SS, instead of this issue.

  6. #3226
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's saying literally every job is at someone else's expense, and that's a stupid argument. If you genuinely care, then give someone else your job.

    The middle class took out those loans, and many were eligible. They willingly signed up for what they genuinely believed they could afford. What they did, was leverage that equity, and not save money for a rainy day. That's the thing about loans, you have to know how you plan on paying them back. Trying to pretend that they were all just innocent shlubs who got conned, is a major retconning of history.

    If you find him immoral and unethical, then don't use his company. Don't use Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, Wal-Mart, Oracle, Google, Bloomberg, Nike, Dell, M&M/Mars, or any other company you don't want to.
    Incorrect. Every good job is at someone else's expense. Noted libertarian dipshit Eric Bolling liked to tout his teenage years working fast food. He worked hard and got the better paying assistant manager job. Most of his coworkers didn't put in the work and whined about their pay instead. The flaw in his argument is that if everyone worked just as hard as him there's not enough AM jobs to go around and someone needs to be the fry cook, work the cashier or be janitor.

    Again what works for you personally isn't guaranteed to work for everyone. It only works for some people. Some isn't good enough. Meanwhile the wealthy get wealthier.

    The middle class were deceived. Some had loans they shouldn't have, some had loans they deserved. In any event once the economy destabilized and people started losing their jobs, people were getting foreclosed on regardless of how good their mortgage was. The wealthy had an unending thirst to peddle bad investments hoping that could force someone else to hold the bag.

    I actively boycott McDonalds and Starbucks. Its pretty easy to do that. Boycotting Amazon, Google or Facebook? Not so much.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with keeping it public, but I do want to keep it on the actual topic. We had drifted off into SS, instead of this issue.
    Its part of the same issue. Social Security is an outgrowth of the wealthy fucking over the little guy but they would rather get rid of it entirely.

  7. #3227
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Incorrect. Every good job is at someone else's expense. Noted libertarian dipshit Eric Bolling liked to tout his teenage years working fast food. He worked hard and got the better paying assistant manager job. Most of his coworkers didn't put in the work and whined about their pay instead. The flaw in his argument is that if everyone worked just as hard as him there's not enough AM jobs to go around and someone needs to be the fry cook, work the cashier or be janitor.

    Again what works for you personally isn't guaranteed to work for everyone. It only works for some people. Some isn't good enough. Meanwhile the wealthy get wealthier.

    The middle class were deceived. Some had loans they shouldn't have, some had loans they deserved. In any event once the economy destabilized and people started losing their jobs, people were getting foreclosed on regardless of how good their mortgage was. The wealthy had an unending thirst to peddle bad investments hoping that could force someone else to hold the bag.

    I actively boycott McDonalds and Starbucks. Its pretty easy to do that. Boycotting Amazon, Google or Facebook? Not so much.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Its part of the same issue. Social Security is an outgrowth of the wealthy fucking over the little guy but they would rather get rid of it entirely.
    That's an illogical conclusion. Sometimes, jobs are created that didn't exist before. Sometimes, people start businesses. Sometimes, other dudes retire.

    Nope, it's not guaranteed for everyone else, I never tried to say it was a certainty. But, that's also not my fault, nor should I shoulder the burden due to it. The same goes for you, Jeff Bezos, and every other asshole running around. It's not my fault that someone else is not successful.

    No, it's not that difficult, just don't use them. Nobody is forcing you to use any of those services, and they have alternatives that are just a click away.

  8. #3228
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's an illogical conclusion. Sometimes, jobs are created that didn't exist before. Sometimes, people start businesses. Sometimes, other dudes retire.

    Nope, it's not guaranteed for everyone else, I never tried to say it was a certainty. But, that's also not my fault, nor should I shoulder the burden due to it. The same goes for you, Jeff Bezos, and every other asshole running around. It's not my fault that someone else is not successful.

    No, it's not that difficult, just don't use them. Nobody is forcing you to use any of those services, and they have alternatives that are just a click away.
    No, its not. The reality is that a person may be able to better themselves but there are still things everyone needs. All jobs are necessary. They may not be equal but no one deserves to get fucked over for just trying to get through the day. Empty platitudes are worthless since some one still needs to be the cashier at Wal-mart and a cashier at Wal-mart still needs shelter, transportation, clothing, food and healthcare. You can tell one cashier to go improve themselves but they'll have to be immediately replaced by another cashier.

    To borrow one of your lines: "I Dare You". Try going without the big guys. Fuck I don't even know where its convenient to go get a pair of jeans that isn't online or a big box store. Oh and these blue jeans might be poisoning the environment and are almost certainly encrusted with the tears of a Bangladeshi seamstress.

  9. #3229
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Its part of the same issue. Social Security is an outgrowth of the wealthy fucking over the little guy but they would rather get rid of it entirely.
    And that will happen Sooner than later

    I suspect that one of the reasons some libertarians feel so frustrated is the inevitability that their golden idols will get shitcanned. One of the weaknesses libertarian ideology has...zero allowance for disasters...crises. Current pandemic is one example. Economies from most countries are going broke, and with inflation screwing most over only the biggest businesses and the rich are getting wealthier. It's no coincidence that a global tax system was agreed to last month. You can count on this trend to progress further. The only ones who are alarmed are red-state gopers and libertarians. But the longer this pandemic kills more gop voters, the more likely a blue wave will happen. And with other countries needing wealth there isn't any place for the 1 percenters to run. (I'm betting Elizabeth Warren is seeing this)

  10. #3230
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    No, its not. The reality is that a person may be able to better themselves but there are still things everyone needs. All jobs are necessary. They may not be equal but no one deserves to get fucked over for just trying to get through the day. Empty platitudes are worthless since some one still needs to be the cashier at Wal-mart and a cashier at Wal-mart still needs shelter, transportation, clothing, food and healthcare. You can tell one cashier to go improve themselves but they'll have to be immediately replaced by another cashier.

    To borrow one of your lines: "I Dare You". Try going without the big guys. Fuck I don't even know where its convenient to go get a pair of jeans that isn't online or a big box store. Oh and these blue jeans might be poisoning the environment and are almost certainly encrusted with the tears of a Bangladeshi seamstress.
    There isn't a specific number of jobs in existence. Specific jobs are created, and disappear all the time.

    Now, take your comment about "the big guys," many people are trying to donwithout them, by forcefully taking almost everything from them. Those "big guys" exist, because consumers want them. People don't really care about morals or ethics, when it comes to their shopping habits. If they did, then Wal-Mart would be out of business. Whether you want to admit it, or not... thosenrich fuckers exist, because you and continue to demand their products and services.

  11. #3231
    @Machismo

    I will try to make this my last exchange about the Social Security bit but there is one thing I would like you to answer.

    While your solution to Social Security was to cut it and let those who are barely making ends meet off it already to full on go under and telling them they need to ween themselves off with the only 2 things they can ween themselves onto is either death or trying to get a job at 60-80 years old and in deteriorating health. Not a solution but you have refused to address that failing in your logic but the question I want to ask specifically is this:

    Under your solution, you say that people should invest in their retirements in systems other than Social Security and that that system should be entirely OPTIONAL. Under that system, a statistically significant people will not take that "Option" because they are either too poor to or too dumb or short sighted to think that far. That will amount to at LEAST 15% of the elderly population even under the rosiest of predictions, probably closer to 35%+.

    For those of that group who have gotten too old to work and have no retirement because they weren't forced to pay into it because you made it optional when it wasn't. What is your solution to handle them?

    And saying that you don't care isn't an answer because if you are a government or society or even a person who doesn't want to deal with the increased crime from these people trying to survive when they are too old to work and too broke not to and just don't want a gun at your head so some elderly man can eat or pay for his medicines and roof over his head, just ignoring them is NOT an option.

    So, you can't ignore them and there is no way to imprison THAT much of our population let alone the political and social fallout of explaining WHY you are locking them away was because they were forced to commit crimes to survive as an elderly person in our system.

    So, what is your solution to handle that section of the population? And, as I said, ignoring them IS NOT AN OPTION.

    Edit: Also remember that those you just cut social security on who was on the cusp of surviving will also be a part of that group I am asking about, making it even larger.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  12. #3232
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There isn't a specific number of jobs in existence. Specific jobs are created, and disappear all the time.

    Now, take your comment about "the big guys," many people are trying to donwithout them, by forcefully taking almost everything from them. Those "big guys" exist, because consumers want them. People don't really care about morals or ethics, when it comes to their shopping habits. If they did, then Wal-Mart would be out of business. Whether you want to admit it, or not... thosenrich fuckers exist, because you and continue to demand their products and services.
    Not relevant. Any job that are created must be able to take of the person who take them. Jobs that disappear leave people behind who also must be taken care of. The only question is how barbaric are you going to be people while these jobs are changing. If you're Canadian you might have to file some light paperwork, your healthcare will be taken care of and your bank is less likely to fuck you. Americans have much less freedom to do that.

    That's some real company town logic you got going on there. They continue to exist because they were less ethical when they were growing and then used their ill-gotten gains to squeeze out the competition. Reminder: Amazon got big not because they were innovative or hard-working. People tend to take the easiest route. They see the cheeper price and then not think about the hidden costs that occur later. If the big guys paid an appropriate amount of tax we might be less concerned about it but they don't and so we are.

  13. #3233
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    @Machismo

    I will try to make this my last exchange about the Social Security bit but there is one thing I would like you to answer.

    While your solution to Social Security was to cut it and let those who are barely making ends meet off it already to full on go under and telling them they need to ween themselves off with the only 2 things they can ween themselves onto is either death or trying to get a job at 60-80 years old and in deteriorating health. Not a solution but you have refused to address that failing in your logic but the question I want to ask specifically is this:

    Under your solution, you say that people should invest in their retirements in systems other than Social Security and that that system should be entirely OPTIONAL. Under that system, a statistically significant people will not take that "Option" because they are either too poor to or too dumb or short sighted to think that far. That will amount to at LEAST 15% of the elderly population even under the rosiest of predictions, probably closer to 35%+.

    For those of that group who have gotten too old to work and have no retirement because they weren't forced to pay into it because you made it optional when it wasn't. What is your solution to handle them?

    And saying that you don't care isn't an answer because if you are a government or society or even a person who doesn't want to deal with the increased crime from these people trying to survive when they are too old to work and too broke not to and just don't want a gun at your head so some elderly man can eat or pay for his medicines and roof over his head, just ignoring them is NOT an option.

    So, you can't ignore them and there is no way to imprison THAT much of our population let alone the political and social fallout of explaining WHY you are locking them away was because they were forced to commit crimes to survive as an elderly person in our system.

    So, what is your solution to handle that section of the population? And, as I said, ignoring them IS NOT AN OPTION.

    Edit: Also remember that those you just cut social security on who was on the cusp of surviving will also be a part of that group I am asking about, making it even larger.
    This is off-topic, so I won't address it here. If you don't want to continue discussing it in PMs, like before, then you can start a thread, mention me, and I will discuss it there. Either that, or we can continue via PM.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Not relevant. Any job that are created must be able to take of the person who take them. Jobs that disappear leave people behind who also must be taken care of. The only question is how barbaric are you going to be people while these jobs are changing. If you're Canadian you might have to file some light paperwork, your healthcare will be taken care of and your bank is less likely to fuck you. Americans have much less freedom to do that.

    That's some real company town logic you got going on there. They continue to exist because they were less ethical when they were growing and then used their ill-gotten gains to squeeze out the competition. Reminder: Amazon got big not because they were innovative or hard-working. People tend to take the easiest route. They see the cheeper price and then not think about the hidden costs that occur later. If the big guys paid an appropriate amount of tax we might be less concerned about it but they don't and so we are.
    It is relevant, because you are trying to argue that it's always a net loss for someone else, but that's not really the case. Jobs fluctuate constantly, and that's the way it has been for quite some time.

    No, people don't necessarily need to be taken care of. These are one of those eventualities you need to accept, and plan for. The only exception is if you literally work the same job until the day you die. I'd highly recommend against that last one.

    And no, none of that is the fault of wealthy people.

    Amazon was cheaper, because they were innovative. They were cheaper, because they limited overhead. It's a lot cheaper to have a warehouse in a rural area, than to have 30 brick-and-mortar stores in malls. People do tend to take the easiest route, and that is a choice they make. I'm not going to begrudge them for doing so, but their choice to do it does not make them my responsibility down the road.

    You are shifting the blame for poor decisions and shortsightedness. If I'm constantly looking for the easy way out, and never making the hard decisions... then it's not the fault of the wealthy that I end up where I'm at. Spending all your money is easy. Credit cards are easy. Going out to eat, and getting fast food all the time is easy. Starbucks is easy. Jet skis are easy. Saving, budgeting, planning, and being responsible are less easy.

  14. #3234
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Under your solution, you say that people should invest in their retirements in systems other than Social Security and that that system should be entirely OPTIONAL. Under that system, a statistically significant people will not take that "Option" because they are either too poor to or too dumb or short sighted to think that far. That will amount to at LEAST 15% of the elderly population even under the rosiest of predictions, probably closer to 35%+.
    It's closer to 43.5%. More so for blacks or latinos.

    Before SS it was estimated that half of all elderly Americans were considered poor and had to rely on others to survive.

  15. #3235
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    It's closer to 43.5%. More so for blacks or latinos.

    Before SS it was estimated that half of all elderly Americans were considered poor and had to rely on others to survive.
    Figured, I started a new thread about it so it can continue there. I really would like an answer to this one from him because when I lumped it with the other facts, he dismissed it and basically said that they earned their place in no uncertain terms and dismissed it from there. I would like to know his solution for handling THAT many elderly people who can't survive in his system since ignoring them logically isn't a solution.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  16. #3236
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It is relevant, because you are trying to argue that it's always a net loss for someone else, but that's not really the case. Jobs fluctuate constantly, and that's the way it has been for quite some time.

    No, people don't necessarily need to be taken care of. These are one of those eventualities you need to accept, and plan for. The only exception is if you literally work the same job until the day you die. I'd highly recommend against that last one.

    And no, none of that is the fault of wealthy people.

    Amazon was cheaper, because they were innovative. They were cheaper, because they limited overhead. It's a lot cheaper to have a warehouse in a rural area, than to have 30 brick-and-mortar stores in malls. People do tend to take the easiest route, and that is a choice they make. I'm not going to begrudge them for doing so, but their choice to do it does not make them my responsibility down the road.

    You are shifting the blame for poor decisions and shortsightedness. If I'm constantly looking for the easy way out, and never making the hard decisions... then it's not the fault of the wealthy that I end up where I'm at. Spending all your money is easy. Credit cards are easy. Going out to eat, and getting fast food all the time is easy. Starbucks is easy. Jet skis are easy. Saving, budgeting, planning, and being responsible are less easy.
    Its a net loss for someone else. You're not always going to get the job you want. Most people won't. Regardless of what happens you'll still have the same needs.

    Not at all shocked that you're admitting to this. Its pretty much the battle cry for the Libertarian Death Cult.

    If you have the capacity to make things better for others but choose to do otherwise, you're at fault. The wealthy very consistently choose to make things better for themselves at the expense of others. Rigging the tax code for example.

    Amazon's "innovation" is allowing people to evade sales tax. After they gutted a sufficient amount of local small businesses property taxes withered as well.

    People will make poor decisions and be short-sighted. Its part of life. If someone fucks themselves over they might become a drain on the rest of society. You could tell them to take a hike or if everyone (aka the government) helps them a little maybe they can back on their feet and contribute to society again.

  17. #3237
    @Ivanstone

    His solution to the elderly problem in our post, his solution was to let them starve and die and if they get desperate enough that they resort to crime to survive, arrest them and deal with them like any other criminal.

    Guess that is his weird take on "Freedom". Don't have the freedom to live because you were lied to about your options growing up, so you have the freedom to die or become a criminal or a mooch on your family.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  18. #3238
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Its a net loss for someone else. You're not always going to get the job you want. Most people won't. Regardless of what happens you'll still have the same needs.

    Not at all shocked that you're admitting to this. Its pretty much the battle cry for the Libertarian Death Cult.

    If you have the capacity to make things better for others but choose to do otherwise, you're at fault. The wealthy very consistently choose to make things better for themselves at the expense of others. Rigging the tax code for example.

    Amazon's "innovation" is allowing people to evade sales tax. After they gutted a sufficient amount of local small businesses property taxes withered as well.

    People will make poor decisions and be short-sighted. Its part of life. If someone fucks themselves over they might become a drain on the rest of society. You could tell them to take a hike or if everyone (aka the government) helps them a little maybe they can back on their feet and contribute to society again.
    Nope, I'm not always going to get the job I want, and that's not the fault of the wealthy. Hell, it's also not the fault of the guy doing the hiring, or the guy who got the job instead of me.

    SO, what exactly is your capacity to take care of others? Mathematically speaking, any amount you make that is over the absolute bare necessities to live, is money you could be using to help others. SO, according to you, you're at fault.

    Amazon's innovation, was faster shipping, lower prices, and a large selection of goods.

  19. #3239
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, I'm not always going to get the job I want, and that's not the fault of the wealthy. Hell, it's also not the fault of the guy doing the hiring, or the guy who got the job instead of me.

    SO, what exactly is your capacity to take care of others? Mathematically speaking, any amount you make that is over the absolute bare necessities to live, is money you could be using to help others. SO, according to you, you're at fault.

    Amazon's innovation, was faster shipping, lower prices, and a large selection of goods.
    And sometimes it’s all those things. And again it’s not about “you”. Are you incapable of conceiving of anything besides yourself?

    Constant reinvestment in a business that generates sales tax and insures my property tax is bad. How lean is my life? I consider your lifestyle to be wasteful and decadent. And yes I do remember what you said about your life expenditures.

    Other people innovated faster shipping and by innovated I mean fucked over their employees more. Also used their financial position to fuck over the Post Office. Their lower prices was largely because they didn’t charge sales tax. They might’ve had selection but being able to see things up close is also an advantage that Amazon still hasn’t replicated so the selection advantage is a wash.

  20. #3240
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    And sometimes it’s all those things. And again it’s not about “you”. Are you incapable of conceiving of anything besides yourself?

    Constant reinvestment in a business that generates sales tax and insures my property tax is bad. How lean is my life? I consider your lifestyle to be wasteful and decadent. And yes I do remember what you said about your life expenditures.

    Other people innovated faster shipping and by innovated I mean fucked over their employees more. Also used their financial position to fuck over the Post Office. Their lower prices was largely because they didn’t charge sales tax. They might’ve had selection but being able to see things up close is also an advantage that Amazon still hasn’t replicated so the selection advantage is a wash.
    I'm not talking about just me, I'm just not blaming the wealthy for some dude getting a job over another dude. That's how competition works.

    What exactly in my life was decadent? So, what capacity do you have to help others? Surely you could even squeeze out a dollar more. According to you, that makes you culpable.

    You are blaming Amazon, because you cannot be bothered to spend a few extra dollars at the store nearby. Consumers drive this, and consumers have largely picked their favorites.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •