Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's the problem... Unlike you, I actually give a shit about other people's liberty.
    You clearly don't. Them not paying taxes is affecting other's liberty, people giving them subsidies is affecting other's liberty. If you praise Bezos enough he may just make you Assistant Senior Night Manager of Cleaning Windows and Parking Lot Circuses at an Amazon warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Wrong answer.

A capital gains or wealth tax would probably be devastating for anyone in the working class too.

Oh, you own a house? You better pay 50% of it's value every year.
    Oh, you saved up money for your pension? 50% tax by the end of the year...
    Ah yes, it's all assuming it would all be taxed equally. Why not take it farther? Why not 1000% tax? 4,000,001% tax?

- - - Updated - - -

You literally just called to take half their wealth.

So, you want them to be forced to sell their companies. To whom?
    Oh no, what if the rich person sold their company and was only slightly less rich? THE HORROR.....of not affording their 14th island! OoooOoooOooo

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You clearly don't. Them not paying taxes is affecting other's liberty, people giving them subsidies is affecting other's liberty. If you praise Bezos enough he may just make you Assistant Senior Night Manager of Cleaning Windows and Parking Lot Circuses at an Amazon warehouse.

Ah yes, it's all assuming it would all be taxed equally. Why not take it farther? Why not 1000% tax? 4,000,001% tax?
    They do pay taxes, and has been pointed out, it's between 20-35% of their AGI.

The dude called for seizing half their assets, which would mean dismantling the companies they started.

So, imagine someone from the government coming to take half your shit, including your house, and all your worldly possessions. How pissed would you be?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no, what if the rich person sold their company and was only slightly less rich? THE HORROR.....of not affording their 14th island! OoooOoooOooo
    So, how often do we take half their shit? How often do we seize those assets? Who are you going to force them to sell their stocks to?

Thanks for proving me right about all you guys.

They do pay taxes, and has been pointed out, it's between 20-35% of their AGI.

The dude called for seizing half their assets, which would mean dismantling the companies they started.

So, imagine someone from the government coming to take half your shit, including your house, and all your worldly possessions. How pissed would you be?
    I don't have much and what I have can be rebought with ease. It honestly would be easier to buy my shit than take it at this point.

You brought the wrong argument to the wrong person. I don't give a fuck about my stuff.

And they really don't pay taxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Who are you going to force them to sell their stocks to?
    Carl .

Are you a millionaire/billionaire? If not then don't worry about it.
    He might be....in5 years, 10 years or 20 years!! you dont'know!!

I don't have much and what I have can be rebought with ease. It honestly would be easier to buy my shit than take it at this point.

You brought the wrong argument to the wrong person. I don't give a fuck about my stuff.

And they really don't pay taxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Carl .
    That's the point, you don't give a shit about taking stuff, because it's their stuff you want to take.

That's called selfishness.

It's also communism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    He might be....in5 years, 10 years or 20 years!! you dont'know!!
    So, you think we should confiscate half their assets?

How often are we going to do this?

Since most of their assets are stocks, we're just going to force them to sell the companies they started?

That's the point, you don't give a shit about taking stuff, because it's their stuff you want to take.
    What? We were talking about my stuff. I get your "argument" was beaten easily and you want to save face, but at least stay on topic.

It's also communism.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When they hit 10 billion dollars, then they can build it back up with their ability to pull on their bootstraps really hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    That's simply a lie on your part.

Then again, I don't really expect much else from you.

- - - Updated - - -

No, most so-called libertarians found themselves cheering on a fascist asshat in Trump.

They were liars.

Trump opposed literally all the concepts of libertarianism.
    And you keep voting for them.

hmmmmmmm

What? We were talking about my stuff. I get your "argument" was beaten easily and you want to save face, but at least stay on topic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When they hit 10 billion dollars, then they can build it back up with their ability to pull on their bootstraps really hard.
    So, you'd keep doing it to Bezos, until he's below 10 billion. That means you want to take 95% of his stocks from him.

Well, no wonder people think your ideas are batshit fucking crazy. Thank God it will never happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    And you keep voting for them.

hmmmmmmm
    You mean I keep voting for actual libertarians, and not fascist asshats like Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you a millionaire/billionaire? If not then don't worry about it.
    His parents probably are, which is why he cares so much.

And you keep voting for them. hmmmmmmm
    This might be more up your alley; AOC Knows Exactly What the Problem Is With Billionaires Like Jeff Bezos

Jeff Bezos is donating billions of dollars through his new foundation. But as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez argues, we need to redistribute his power, not just his wealth.

10+ Year Old Account

You mean I keep voting for actual libertarians, and not fascist asshats like Trump?
    Don't worry, i'm sure you'll get your chance to get rid of child labour laws soon enough.

Don't worry, i'm sure you'll get your chance to get rid of child labour laws soon enough.
    Says the guy trying to eat the rich.

10+ Year Old Account

That's called selfishness.

It's also communism.

- - - Updated - - -

So, you think we should confiscate half their assets?

Since most of their assets are stocks, we're just going to force them to sell the companies they started?
    Actual (anarcho-)communist here, we would actually just just nationalize/give workers direct control of his assets. Not leave him with 5% of it, which is still way more than anybody needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy trying to eat the rich.
    Yes. problem? Or are you saying child labour is on the same level as taxing rich people?

His parents probably are, which is why he cares so much.
    Nope, my parents are relatively poor, because they made decades of bad financial decisions. Decades of gambling problems, alcoholism, cigarettes will do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Actual (anarcho-)communist here, we would actually just just nationalize/give workers direct control of his assets. Not leave him with 5% of it, which is still way more than anybody needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. problem?
    You aren't an anarcho-communist... because you literally want the government to take everything. The fact you want government involved, means that anarchist part is a complete fucking lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't an anarcho-communist... because you literally want the government to take everything. The fact you want government involved, means that anarchist part is a complete fucking lie.

You really have no idea what anarchist marxism is, using the government to have the workers gain direct democratic control is perfectly valid.

You really have no idea what anarchist marxism is, using the government to have the workers gain direct democratic control is perfectly valid.
    Government...

Anarchism...

10+ Year Old Account
    Government...

Anarchism...
    Anarchism is not about a lack of a government, so wonder you're so confused.

Anarchism is not about a lack of a government, so wonder you're so confused.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anarchism

Umm, I have some bad news for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anarchism

Umm, I have some bad news for you.
    I also have bad news for you because self-governing is still a form of government.

Is this the part where you where thinking that capitalists or any right-wing ideology could actually be anarchist?

I also have bad news for you because self-governing is still a form of government.
    It's not self-governing, you are literally calling to govern others.

Alas, your desire for communism will luckily be thwarted by capitalists.