1. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, I care about their liberties, just as much as I care about the liberties of everyone.
    So you care about their liberties of being poor and staying poor, I think I get you.

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    So you care about their liberties of being poor and staying poor, I think I get you.
    Nah, they are free to self-determine, that's a good thing.

    You keep forgetting your own advice... what a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  3. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I simply pointed out that they are useful, and they are. Billions of people find them useful.
    Amazon is not useful enough to justify the negative impact it (and other billionaires) has on society. It's amoral exploitation of the poor. Given that Amazon can be replaced by other companies in a New York minute, no, they are not useful enough to sacrifice your bloody values for it. When has the religion of capitalism become this... monster?

    You got it all wrong mate... Capitalism is the SERVANT of society. It exists to serve SOCIETY. It's not the other way around. Society doesn't exist so capitalism can step into second gear and exploit the shit out of it.

    You and I, buddy, we're so diametrically opposed on this. I'm not going to explain this any further to you or discuss this matter any longer with you. You said I hate rich people? That's not true. But I detest people like you, people that openly promote maximum exploitation of the weak and the poor for their own personal (or perceived personal) gains. A lot of rich people think like you and those I detest with equal measure. But it's not your wealth that makes me detest you, it's your attitude, your unapologetic selfishness and utter lack of consideration for the guy next to you.

    We're done. There's not a single thing you can say that would add or detract to the discussion in a meaningful manner for me.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  4. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Because people insist on this incessant merry-go-round with Machismo: Defender of the Rich.

    Personally, I thought he lost all credibility and any chance at being taken seriously when he was comparing laws over whiskey and abortions, tbh.

    Its just regurgitating the same bullshit, nothing more, yet people continue to do it.
    I don't much care if that offended you. It was pointing to the authoritarian nature of both parties.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Amazon is not useful enough to justify the negative impact it (and other billionaires) has on society. It's amoral exploitation of the poor. Given that Amazon can be replaced by other companies in a New York minute, no, they are not useful enough to sacrifice your bloody values for it. When has the religion of capitalism become this... monster?

    You got it all wrong mate... Capitalism is the SERVANT of society. It exists to serve SOCIETY. It's not the other way around. Society doesn't exist so capitalism can step into second gear and exploit the shit out of it.

    You and I, buddy, we're so diametrically opposed on this. I'm not going to explain this any further to you or discuss this matter any longer with you. You said I hate rich people? That's not true. But I detest people like you, people that openly promote maximum exploitation of the weak and the poor for their own personal (or perceived personal) gains. A lot of rich people think like you and those I detest with equal measure. But it's not your wealth that makes me detest you, it's your attitude, your unapologetic selfishness and utter lack of consideration for the guy next to you.

    We're done. There's not a single thing you can say that would add or detract to the discussion in a meaningful manner for me.
    Then. Stop. Using. Them.

    It's that easy. You can just shop elsewhere, which is why capitalism is so fucking fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  5. #585
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then. Stop. Using. Them.

    It's that easy. You can just shop elsewhere, which is why capitalism is so fucking fantastic.
    You literally can't, because Amazon's extortion contracts with authors/small publishers and the inherent monopolitic nature of copyright prevents you from buying many articles elsewhere. Not talking about the big publishers that can push back, but smaller publishers/self-published authors? They're hosed. And you think that's fine, because fuck 'em. They're poor, they don't matter.

    Absolutely despicable.

    And what about their workers? "Hey, you don't have to work at Amazon, go starve somewhere else, there freedom of choice!" Absolute lack of class.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  6. #586
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You literally can't, because Amazon's extortion contracts with authors/small publishers and the inherent monopolitic nature of copyright prevents you from buying many articles elsewhere. Not talking about the big publishers that can push back, but smaller publishers/self-published authors? They're hosed. And you think that's fine, because fuck 'em. They're poor, they don't matter.

    Absolutely despicable.
    You literally can. Go to Wal-Mart, Target, or whatever stores they have in Germany.

    I just bought shoes online, and it wasn't from amazon. I guess I literally can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  7. #587
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You literally can. Go to Wal-Mart, Target, or whatever stores they have in Germany.

    I just bought shoes online, and it wasn't from amazon. I guess I literally can.
    What products have I just talked about? Tell me.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  8. #588
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You're the one who refuses to take your own advice. No wonder people like you want socialism so damn badly. It's easier to just have the government take other people's shit, then bother to go earn it yourselves.

    And yes, every time you reply to me, you prove yourself to be a hypocrite.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Maybe you should make a company like that, if you feel so strongly, instead of trying to do it to his.
    Why is it "his" company? The fuck does "he" do? How does "he" make Amazon work? How is "he" integral to the company running?

    People act like CEOs are important... they aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  9. #589
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What products have I just talked about? Tell me.
    Books.

    So, buy them elsewhere. Lots of places sell books.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why is it "his" company? The fuck does "he" do? How does "he" make Amazon work? How is "he" integral to the company running?

    People act like CEOs are important... they aren't.
    He literally created the fucking company.

    He owns $170 billion worth of the company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  10. #590
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I don't much care if that offended you. It was pointing to the authoritarian nature of both parties.
    I'm not offended by clowns. Go away.

  11. #591
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm not offended by clowns. Go away.
    Nah, you whined that I compared people pushing big-government laws to each other. You decided to get offended.

    Now, if you'd like to discuss the topic at hand, I'm all ears.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-09 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  12. #592
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    38,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Books.

    So, buy them elsewhere. Lots of places sell books.

    - - - Updated - - -



    He literally created the fucking company.

    He owns $170 billion worth of the company.
    That isn't telling me why it is "his" company... he made a company.. exploited millions of people hundreds of millions when you consider the tax dodging of the company and him personally and then abuses that labour to become the richest man in the world demanding 10 billion in tax payer money while buying two yachts and claiming $4,000 on his children because he made 6 billion but lost money?

    Please give me a fucking break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  13. #593
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That isn't telling me why it is "his" company... he made a company.. exploited millions of people hundreds of millions when you consider the tax dodging of the company and him personally and then abuses that labour to become the richest man in the world demanding 10 billion in tax payer money while buying two yachts and claiming $4,000 on his children because he made 6 billion but lost money?

    Please give me a fucking break.
    What tax dodging?

    Are you still pissed that his wealth isn't taxed?

    He didn't make a company, he made THE COMPANY WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  14. #594
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nah, you whined that
    Nah, the only "whine" from me was about people continuing to play this ridiculous game with you. I'm not one of those people. There is no offence here, just mild annoyance, at best, and it isn't even aimed at you lol

    I'm sure you'll reply again, gotta have the last word after all, right? But we're done here.

  15. #595
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why is it "his" company? The fuck does "he" do? How does "he" make Amazon work? How is "he" integral to the company running?

    People act like CEOs are important... they aren't.
    Or that their ownership of a business is natural or somehow the result of liberty. It's just a decision we as a society have made about how ownership works. We can change our minds and it wouldn't affect liberty in the slightest.

  16. #596
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, I care about their liberties, just as much as I care about the liberties of everyone.
    You're the kind of person who would have been against letting gay people marry because "they have the same right to marry a heterosexual like everyone else".

  17. #597
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nah, the only "whine" from me was about people continuing to play this ridiculous game with you. I'm not one of those people. There is no offence here, just mild annoyance, at best, and it isn't even aimed at you lol

    I'm sure you'll reply again, gotta have the last word after all, right? But we're done here.
    If you don't like me pointing out the similarities between the parties, that's fine. I don't really need your approval. The same people cheering on limitations to liberty, are the first to clutch at pearls when the Republicans ban things like abortion.

    As for the subject at hand, this is all a push to redistribute wealth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You're the kind of person who would have been against letting gay people marry because "they have the same right to marry a heterosexual like everyone else".
    No, that would be the people who oppose liberty.

    Marry whomever the fuck you like, the government shouldn't stop you.

    Thanks for pointing out just how fucking consistent I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  18. #598
    Anyone seen Queens Gambit? The 10 year old taking on the entire high school chess club all at once and checkmating them all in 1 hour 20 minutes, they accepting defeat while she goes and eats chocolate back at the orphanage? This thread is like the complete inverse of that.

  19. #599
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, that would be the people who oppose liberty.

    Marry whomever the fuck you like, the government shouldn't stop you.

    Thanks for pointing out just how fucking consistent I am.
    A poor-hating, oligarch-following, anarcho-capitalist?

  20. #600
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post

    The increase in a companies value should not mean an increase in income tax nor should it going down give them a tax break. They have just as much stock as they did before as a percentage of ownership in the company.

    The money on it should be taxed when it is sold as income (Minus what they paid to purchase it to begin with) and the dividends off it should be taxed as income. The only time it should be treated as actual income for tax purposes is when it actually changes hands whether through them selling it or another inheriting it or anything along those lines. But it shouldn't be taxed directly until it changes hands.
    The core issue is that the chain of "buying stocks with money, selling stocks for money and using that money to buy other things" has been broken. People at those wealth levels no longer ever convert their assets into taxable liquidity. They aren't even paid in taxable money anymore.

    A system was created where wealth at those levels is effectively tax exempt and nearly all financial interactions are done through tax exempt mechanisms.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •