1. #841
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There's that word again, I'm enjoying this.
    So, you're taunting me because . . . why, again?

    All from a dude who doesn't believe in private ownership of any business.
    And? What, exactly, do you think that proves?

    That you've caught me out for being a socialist? Hey, look, 2014 called (if not earlier);

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You say that like "socialist" is a bad word.

    I'm a liberal market socialist, by ideology. There's nothing wrong with socialism.
    That's never been a secret.


  2. #842
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That literally just talks about having lots of drivers...

    Are you fucking serious? Don't just google it, and expect the first thing on there to actually back the narrative.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So, you're taunting me because . . . why, again?



    And? What, exactly, do you think that proves?

    That you've caught me out for being a socialist? Hey, look, 2014 called (if not earlier);



    That's never been a secret.
    I'm not taunting you, I'm calling you on your bullshit. You disagree with the premise of ownership, so you want to whine that my argument cannot apply, because you disagree with ownership.

    That's like trying to argue the election with a Trumpster who thinks he won.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So, lobbyism needs to end? Do you have an idea what would happen to Wall St. and the rich if they didn't have a lobby in Washington? Man, it would be a massacre.
    Probably the same thing that would happen to BLM, gay rights, abortion rights, and many other things.

    It would be a massacre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  3. #843
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Once again, it's your fucking narrative.
    The fuck are you talking about?????


    Its not a goddamned narrative. Its fact.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  4. #844
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So, lobbyism needs to end? Do you have an idea what would happen to Wall St. and the rich if they didn't have a lobby in Washington? Man, it would be a massacre.
    The moment corporate personhood dies the death it deserves will be the moment for campaign finance reform...and every goddamned big business and organizations can kiss "We the People's" collective ass.

  5. #845
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    The fuck are you talking about?????


    Its not a goddamned narrative. Its fact.
    Great, then where's the quantifiable evidence for that fact?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  6. #846
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm not taunting you, I'm calling you on your bullshit.
    And yet, you can't actually detail anything as being "bullshit".

    You disagree with the premise of ownership, so you want to whine that my argument cannot apply, because you disagree with ownership.
    "Ownership of the means of production."

    And to repeat; your argument is recursively begging the question, meaning it fails on the basis of objective internal logic. That it's also predicated on an entirely undefended personal opinion that you've made no effort to defend the merits of, that's a separate issue. Hell, your argument boils down to shouting "I LIKE CHOCOLATE MALK!" really loud and then mocking anyone who disagrees. You haven't actually made an argument for your position, you've merely stated it by recursive fiat.


  7. #847
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And yet, you can't actually detail anything as being "bullshit".



    "Ownership of the means of production."

    And to repeat; your argument is recursively begging the question, meaning it fails on the basis of objective internal logic. That it's also predicated on an entirely undefended personal opinion that you've made no effort to defend the merits of, that's a separate issue.
    Nope, wrong again.

    Objectively wrong, as they say.

    I'm literally pointing to reality as the world, including the one you live in, knows it.

    "You can't talk about President Biden around me, because i believe Trump won!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  8. #848
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nope, wrong again.

    Objectively wrong, as they say.

    I'm literally pointing to reality as the world, including the one you live in, knows it.
    Yeah, you're just taunting at this point.

    Economics theory is not "objective reality".


  9. #849
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    The fuck are you talking about?????


    Its not a goddamned narrative. Its fact.
    ask them to actually address "the narrative" instead of crying over it. because it seems they're upset that people are using basic logic and reasoning to reach their conclusions, while they are either too lazy or incompetent to do the same themselves.

  10. #850
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, you're just taunting at this point.

    Economics theory is not "objective reality".
    The last time I checked, private ownership exists in both Canada and the United States.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    ask them to actually address "the narrative" instead of crying over it. because it seems they're upset that people are using basic logic and reasoning to reach their conclusions, while they are either too lazy or incompetent to do the same themselves.
    I did, and I'm calling for him to provide evidence.

    Fucking crickets.

    Maybe you can find that evidence that led to a logical and reasoned conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  11. #851
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The last time I checked, private ownership exists in both Canada and the United States.
    Do you not understand the difference between theory and practice, or something?

    We were discussing theory. Now you're deflecting to practice.

    I should note that collective ownership also exists in both places. Which is irrelevant, really. But underscores how silly your angle here is.


  12. #852
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm not taunting you, I'm calling you on your bullshit. You disagree with the premise of ownership, so you want to whine that my argument cannot apply, because you disagree with ownership.

    That's like trying to argue the election with a Trumpster who thinks he won.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Probably the same thing that would happen to BLM, gay rights, abortion rights, and many other things.

    It would be a massacre.
    A social market economy doesn't reject the idea of private property. Germany and other European countries run their countries based on social market economy. The emphasize, however, is that capitalism serves society, not the other way around. And that means that in extreme cases, yes, the state will absolutely take a hand in matters and make sure the players in that economy are playing fair. In Germany we do that by strengthening labor law and the unions, regulating markets where one player dominates the market (internet and telecommunications is like that, cos guess what, 100% of the cables used to be owned by the state-run postal service that was privatized... so now you have a stock company owning 100% of the telecommunication infrastructure... yeah, the hell we'll let them do with it as they please) and so on and so forth...

    The state also takes control by maintaining minimum shares in big companies. Lufthansa, Volkswagen... they have their states own like 25% of the shares or so. Why? So nobody can just take that company and sell it off piecemeal, they are important job providers. No socialism here, no foul play. It's still very much a private company owned by literally one or two families.

    You need to know what you're talking about before you can dismiss it, and that seems to be your problem.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  13. #853
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Do you not understand the difference between theory and practice, or something?

    We were discussing theory. Now you're deflecting to practice.

    I should note that collective ownership also exists in both places. Which is irrelevant, really. But underscores how silly your angle here is.
    You were ignoring actual economic practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  14. #854
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You were ignoring actual economic practice.
    Did not ever happen.

    Why do you insist on inventing straw men?


  15. #855
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    A social market economy doesn't reject the idea of private property. Germany and other European countries run their countries based on social market economy. The emphasize, however, is that capitalism serves society, not the other way around. And that means that in extreme cases, yes, the state will absolutely take a hand in matters and make sure the players in that economy are playing fair. In Germany we do that by strengthening labor law and the unions, regulating markets where one player dominates the market (internet and telecommunications is like that, cos guess what, 100% of the cables used to be owned by the state-run postal service that was privatized... so now you have a stock company owning 100% of the telecommunication infrastructure... yeah, the hell we'll let them do with it as they please) and so on and so forth...

    The state also takes control by maintaining minimum shares in big companies. Lufthansa, Volkswagen... they have their states own like 25% of the shares or so. Why? So nobody can just take that company and sell it off piecemeal, they are important job providers. No socialism here, no foul play. It's still very much a private company owned by literally one or two families.

    You need to know what you're talking about before you can dismiss it, and that seems to be your problem.
    I do know what I'm talking about, you were discussing lobbying.

    I pointed to other lobbies that would be crushed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Did not ever happen.

    Why do you insist on inventing straw men?
    I was discussing economic reality.

    My premise is reality, and you were rejecting that premise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  16. #856
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    69,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I was discussing economic reality.
    Not when you were arguing that "people should be able to start and own a company", you weren't.

    Emphasis on the "should". That's a statement of theory, not an observation of reality.


  17. #857
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The moment corporate personhood dies the death it deserves will be the moment for campaign finance reform...and every goddamned big business and organizations can kiss "We the People's" collective ass.
    I don't think corporate personhood (as in them being legal entities that can sign contracts etc) is the issue. The issue is that none of what their CEOs do is considered criminal and thus they're never punished.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  18. #858
    Scarab Lord downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Made in Philly, living in Akron.
    Posts
    4,330
    I'm not at all surprised to see how a thread created just yesterday is already at 50 pages.

    Also, soak the rich.
    Populists (and "national socialists") look at the supposedly secret deals that run the world "behind the scenes". Child's play. Except that childishness is sinister in adults.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  19. #859
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not when you were arguing that "people should be able to start and own a company", you weren't.

    Emphasis on the "should". That's a statement of theory, not an observation of reality.
    That is literal reality, and I was saying I support that economic reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  20. #860
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I don't think corporate personhood (as in them being legal entities that can sign contracts etc) is the issue. The issue is that none of what their CEOs do is considered criminal and thus they're never punished.
    Yup it's the legal bribery, that's the issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •