10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    How much can you easily afford?
    Where's the evidence a wealth tax would put them at a deficit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

machismo refusing to learn what a wealth tax is for 30 pages, you love to see it

If you dont like it, take it up with him.
    "stop trying to get me to hold a single position!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not important to you
    Because it's objectively not important.

Claiming that they have reduced ability to invest is pointless when they a) aren't using that ability and b) the evasion of using that ability represents a social blight.

Whereas I can guarantee you the recipients of the aid those tax dollars pay for will be reinvesting it almost immediately.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Wait you said if they sold the shares then that would cause problems for the company and the stock market.

Now you want them to sell the shares for "other investments" ? ? ?

They can cash them in to pay taxes, which will in turn go to investments to the economy for which they and their companies would benefit.

hmmm
    Companies sell stocks to liquidate assets, and buy them back all the time. So do investors. This just puts an increased burden on them, and there's no reinvestment. They no longer have the money.

This slows the economy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    "stop trying to get me to hold a single position!"
    Its not my position, take it up with the other guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    machismo refusing to learn what a wealth tax is for 30 pages, you love to see it
    Oh, I simply oppose it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yep,you dodged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Companies sell stocks to liquidate assets, and buy them back all the time. So do investors. This just puts an increased burden on them, and there's no reinvestment. They no longer have the money.

This slows the economy.
    Okay, and where does the money go after it's taxed?

Hint: Into the hands of consumers. Which generates demand. This grows the economy, unlike trickle-down.

Its not my position, take it up with the other guy.
    "stop trying to get me to hold one argument for longer than one post!"

Because it's objectively not important.

Claiming that they have reduced ability to invest is pointless when they a) aren't using that ability and b) the evasion of using that ability represents a social blight.

Whereas I can guarantee you the recipients of the aid those tax dollars pay for will be reinvesting it almost immediately.
    It's important to the people you want to tax.

I don't think you know what that word means

- - - Updated - - -

"stop trying to get me to hold one argument for longer than one post!"
    Nah, take it up with the guy who gave the number. Ask him about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's important to the people you want to tax.
    Moving the goalposts from "it objectively harms the economy" to "think of their feelings" isn't an argument. Lol.

Moving the goalposts from "it objectively harms the economy" to "think of their feelings" isn't an argument. Lol.
    You said objective... try and keep up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said objective...
    Okay, good to know all your complaining about the supposed economic catastrophe resulting from taxing wealth is entirely subjective. Makes it a lot easier to disregard it in its entirety, kek.

Nah,t take it up with the guy who gave the number. Ask him about it.
    "no, I refuse to hold onto one argument for more than 5 seconds before dropping it and grabbing another."

Okay, good to know all your complaining about the supposed economic catastrophe resulting from taxing wealth is entirely subjective.
    You literally just lied about what I said, to deflect from what you said.

- - - Updated - - -

"no, I refuse to hold onto one argument for more than 5 seconds before dropping it and grabbing another."
    You asked me to defend someone else's stance.

that would be one hell of a wealth tax to burn through 150 billion dollars that continues to grow every year at a greater pace then any proposal on the table.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    You literally just lied about what I said, to deflect from what you said.
    I'm just agreeing with you when you said that objectivity was my claim, not yours. You didn't have to admit your arguments were based entirely on opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

that would be one hell of a wealth tax to burn through 150 billion dollars that continues to grow every year at a greater pace then any proposal on the table.
    Go figure that libertarians believe money just disappears when it gets taxed by the government.

Its not about deficits, its about slowly forcing them out of control of their own companies.

This slows the economy.

Quantify it because its been said that trickle down does in fact slow the economy and increased taxation does not.

The vast majority of this wealth is not reinvested, it just sits there growing more wealth.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I'm just agreeing with you when you said that objectivity was my claim, not yours. You didn't have to admit your arguments were based entirely on opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Go figure that libertarians believe money just disappears when it gets taxed by the government.
    It disappears from their hands, and they can't invest it.

You asked me to defend someone else's stance.
    lmao, nope, never did, I guess that's the consequence of taking yourself so seriously while suffering from acute ADHD that you can't notice sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you made a bullshit claim about objectivity, then tried to project it onto me.