Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Hey, as long as your honest.
    No. He really isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yeah, because you're an authoritarian who hates the wealthy.
    Nope. Try again.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    no i said that it isnt. even at 100% its not its just economically suicide under capitalism and poor governance.

all wealth belongs to society not the individual as its society that creates the wealth not the individual.
    Thank God, I dont live in a socialst world like that.

This is why Warren and Bernie will never actually gain much traction, because the political capital needed for the shit die-hard progressives want, just isn't there.

When Warren was building her tax-the-rich efforts, she didn't actually try and figure out the economic impact of her efforts.

Man, people really want to murder some folk with that trolley.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Maybe you should focus on the actual arguments being made instead of inserting your own bullshit.
    Wait... I'm trying to overcome the irony of you saying. That.

Nope, can't get past it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nope. Try again.
    You literally said it.

It's rather sad how many of you guys got caught lying, and pushing false narratives to further that authoritarian agenda.
    The only one that's full of shit here is you, buddy. Like you saying I hate the wealthy or that I am an authoritarian. Both are factually incorrect, you know they are factually incorrect, and yet you sit here unironically making those calls. I've met dung heaps that smell better than your posts.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Maybe you should focus on the actual arguments being made instead of inserting your own bullshit.
    Wait until the next national crisis kicks in.

The only one that's full of shit here is you, buddy. Like you saying I hate the wealthy or that I am an authoritarian. Both are factually incorrect, you know they are factually incorrect, and yet you sit here unironically making those calls. I've met dung heaps that smell better than your posts.
    You literally said you hate the wealthy, and I already provided that quote.

Once again, you said it's not authoritarian, and it's not punishment.

So much for your argument.
    Machismo crazy logic: "Hey, so people need water to survive!" Machismo proceeds to drown people "But you said they need water to survive!"

You've long ago left any civil discourse on the matter. Don't you think it's time to bugger off and... I don't know, talk to your dog or something?

And yes, they do pay taxes, when the stocks are sold, just like with you and I.
    I replied to you roughly half a dozen times about this claim.

One more time.

The fundamental problem is that an economic system was created, intentionally, where they are never actually required to sell a single one of their stocks, but they still have access to as much liquidity as they want via zero interest borrowing. Furthermore through various other loopholes they can still write off even the little taxable liquidity they do access. The fact that categorizing stocks as un-taxable wealth would turn into a gigantic tax dodge has been noted since the moment we first categorized stocks as un-taxable.

Also, I've seen you pulling up the 401k comparison again after dropping it before.

One more time, for that too.

A stock portfolio and your 401k package are in no way comparable. How much untaxable income you can stash into your 401k is already limited by the government. There's a literal annual cap.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-06-11 at 03:55 PM.

You literally said you hate the wealthy, and I already provided that quote.
    No, you didn't. Because you can't. Becuase in that same quote I corrected myself and stated that I am indifferent to the wealthy. So when you fucking try to outsmart me, actually fucking read what I write... you are so full of it man, it reeks to heaven... go take a shower or something.

Machismo crazy logic: "Hey, so people need water to survive!" Machismo proceeds to drown people "But you said they need water to survive!"

You've long ago left any civil discourse on the matter. Don't you think it's time to bugger off and... I don't know, talk to your dog or something?
    If he had water isn't harmful, I would show how it is.

Thanks for making my point for me.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you didn't. Because you can't. Becuase in that same quote I corrected myself and stated that I am indifferent to the wealthy. So when you fucking try to outsmart me, actually fucking read what I write... you are so full of it man, it reeks to heaven... go take a shower or something.
    Asked, answered, and already fucking provided.

If he had water isn't harmful, I would show how it is.

Thanks for making my point for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Asked, answered, and already fucking provided.
    You have no point. You are literally just responding to people with nonsense oneliners, making up shit as you go along. You're a joke man. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I replied to you roughly half a dozen times about this claim.

One more time.

The fundamental problem is that an economic system was created, intentionally, where they are never actually required to sell a single one of their stocks, but they still have access to as much liquidity as they want via zero interest borrowing. Furthermore through various other loopholes they can still write off even the little taxable liquidity they do access.

Also, I've seen you pulling up the 401k comparison again after dropping it before.

One more time, for that too.

A stock portfolio and your 401k package are in no way comparable. How much untaxable income you can stash into your 401k is already limited by the government. There's a literal annual cap.
    You can take a loan against your stocks, your home, and your assets... just like them. Imagine buying a car, financing it, and having to pay the value of that loan as an income...

Should you be required to sell your house in order to get a loan?

Fuck no.

- - - Updated - - -

You have no point. You are literally just responding to people with nonsense oneliners, making up shit as you go along. You're a joke man. :P
    I'm not the guy who didn't even know what income, salaries, and capital gains are.

I'm not the one who advocated for communism, nationalism, and thebstate takeover of all companies.

The fact that he thinks he’s “owning” people is pretty sad. Not unexpected from a libertarian though.
    I wouldn't use the label libertarian too much, it seems to ambigious, all kinds of sides claim it and all kinds of sides use it just to insult the other side... it's a meaningless word as far as US politics go, IMO.

Yeah...he always does that. He'll take your statement either add hyperbole, alter it, even change it, then he'll go back to to your original statement and claim; "See, you did say that.." It is among the most dishonest pieces of shit he and his sort do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah...he always does that. He'll take your statement either add hyperbole, alter it, even change it, then he'll go back to to your original statement and claim; "See, you did say that.." It is among the most dishonest pieces of shit he and his sort do.
    You mean like all your baseless claims against me?

Man, the irony is getting a bit too thick.

I'm not the guy who didn't even know what income, salaries, and capital gains are.

I'm not the one who advocated for communism, nationalism, and thebstate takeover of all companies.
    For someone who gets hung up on semantics like you, it's incredible how loose you are with your perception of what was said.

You can take a loan against your stocks, your home, and your assets... just like them.
    And I have to pay an annual tax on most of those non liquid assets.

And if I can't do so, I have to liquidate some assets to pay those taxes.

Why the fuck are stocks intrinsically exceptional? What makes them such special fucking snowflakes?

Should you be required to sell your house in order to get a loan?
    I never said they'd need to sell their stocks to get a loan.

Im just saying stocks shouldn't be an untaxable asset if you can effectively treat it as a liquid asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Why the fuck are stocks intrinsically exceptional? What makes them such special fucking snowflakes?
    This is the core point he's trying to avoid for 50 pages or so now. Not very skillfully, I might add.

For someone who gets hung up on semantics like you, it's incredible how loose you are with your perception of what was said.
    Their entire argument ts are based on a fundamental misunderstanding of basic economic principles.

That's like someone who doesn't know what an outnor an inning is... trying to mock people for not knowing about baseball.

Its not semantics, it's ignorance.

When they were corrected, they persisted with that false information.

That made them lies.

He’ll advocate for untested vaccines and treatments that cost whatever makes the most profits for the pharmaceutical companies. Because that’s what he wants out of life. Only the rich get access to basic healthcare services and the poor can get fucked as they live in a dorm next to the company store because they can’t afford the tolls required to live off site.
    Not just the next pandemic. I'm looking at the mega drought that's hitting areas hard. (It's supposed to get worse) Conversely the weather in the south that is slated to be more extreme. The jet stream that kept the cooler northern air in the upper half of the US has weakened and tirnado alley is likely to be less an alley, and more a highway.. Another recession that will punch in predicted 4yrs from now.