1. #1561
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, all the complaints about not wanting loopholes, double standards, and tax dodges is clearly disingenuous.

    For reference, I assume you are specifically talking about Warren:

    https://elizabethwarren.com/plans/ultra-millionaire-tax

    So, take Bezos.

    He's worth 190-ish billion.

    $180 billion is tied up in stock. That's right over 5%. That means he would literally have to sell every non-stock asset, just to pay for those taxes, for just one year. What happens the next year? The next?

    The math is simple, he has no other option, other than to sell stock in his own company, the one he founded. It's quite literally forcing people out of their own companies.
    i absolutely dont care if someone with 190 billion is reduced to 10 billion by taxes over lots of fucking years.

  2. #1562
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You pay an annual tax on your stocks? Nope, they are handled via capital gains, when sold.
    That's exactly what everyone is fucking saying here. That YES you should be paying an annual tax on your stocks.

    "Fuck no!" is not an argument. It's your opinion. To which you're perfectly entitled to. But it's not an argument.

    So, are you saying you want your stocks taxed, both for holding them, and when selling them?
    Again. Yes. Just as you do with real estate.

    And yes, that would also apply to your 401k.
    Why would it? Your 401k is a specially itemized thing. It's regulated and limited. The IRS is perfectly capable of distinguishing between your 401k and your investment portfolio BECAUSE IT ALREADY DOES SO.

    The federal government does not tax your assets, like your home, or your car. That's what the states and localities do. And yes, the next argument is going to be that the states and localities should tax stock assets. When that happens, all those wealthy people will simply say those are elsewhere (and you cannot argue they are not), and the only people on the hook, will be the people who don't have the knowledge to simply base their portfolios out of Texas.
    That's why stocks SHOULDN'T be taxed locally. They should be taxed federally. There's no specific reason why the federal government cannot simply write a law taxing stocks federally. There's no constitutional restriction of any kind.

    The federal government can levy taxes.

  3. #1563
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    We're going to need evidence. Until we get that, no one believes you.
    I provided the evidence against you, and I'm guessing you still don't have the evidence that Jeff Bezos was paid in stocks as part of his salary.

    Do you think I fucking forgot?

    Dude, you walked into that one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Meep. Wrong again. I don't care what you do. But all your different tactics, you still fail to grasp what it is they're telling you. All those shots in the dark and you ain't got a score yet.
    Nope, i understand exactly what they are telling me, they fucking hate the wealthy, and they want to punish them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    i absolutely dont care if someone with 190 billion is reduced to 10 billion by taxes over lots of fucking years.
    Thanks for proving my point for me. Let slant know you proved me right.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That's exactly what everyone is fucking saying here. That YES you should be paying an annual tax on your stocks.

    "Fuck no!" is not an argument. It's your opinion. To which you're perfectly entitled to. But it's not an argument.



    Again. Yes. Just as you do with real estate.



    Why would it? Your 401k is a specially itemized thing. It's regulated and limited. The IRS is perfectly capable of distinguishing between your 401k and your investment portfolio BECAUSE IT ALREADY DOES SO.



    That's why stocks SHOULDN'T be taxed locally. They should be taxed federally. There's no specific reason why the federal government cannot simply write a law taxing stocks federally. There's no constitutional restriction of any kind.

    The federal government can levy taxes.
    great, then have your city or county tax stocks, see how the wealthy respond.

    The federal government can levy taxes, but they don't on those assets. So, get your local representatives to put it on the county ballot. I look forward to seeing the shit storm that ensues.

    The federal government won't do it, because luckily... people who understand economics would never let it happen.

    Now you guys are the ones wanting double standards and preferential treatment. The irony is unceasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  4. #1564
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I provided the evidence against you, and I'm guessing you still don't have the evidence that Jeff Bezos was paid in stocks as part of his salary.

    Do you think I fucking forgot?

    Dude, you walked into that one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Nope, i understand exactly what they are telling me, they fucking hate the wealthy, and they want to punish them.
    No, nobody says that. This right here? This is you making shit up. This is why I maintain you're full of shit.

    And stop it with the fucking stock salary, it doesn't matter. It's actually meaningless if you're right or not about that.

    And still, you don't have the faintest idea what they are on about...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  5. #1565
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, nobody says that. This right here? This is you making shit up. This is why I maintain you're full of shit.

    And stop it with the fucking stock salary, it doesn't matter. It's actually meaningless if you're right or not about that.

    And still, you don't have the faintest idea what they are on about...
    Nah, wat they really said, was misuse basic economic terms, and completely misrepresent the data.

    You bitched at me for pointing it out.

    Make up your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  6. #1566
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nah, wat they really said, was misuse basic economic terms, and completely misrepresent the data.

    You bitched at me for pointing it out.

    Make up your mind.
    No, I bitched at you for not paying attention. They are not misrepresenting, you refuse to acknowledge what everyone's saying in favour of nitpicking terms and smugly trying to come across as a clever boy.

    Which is funny, I'll admit, but not very helpful if you actually mean to take this discussion seriously.

    The evening is young, though. So go ahead, tell me what they are saying... go back and look it up, treat this as a kind of open-book one-question exam. Score's 100 or 0, you can try as many times as you want. So far you've only got 0s...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  7. #1567
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No, I bitched at you for not paying attention. They are not misrepresenting, you refuse to acknowledge what everyone's saying in favour of nitpicking terms and smugly trying to come across as a clever boy.

    Which is funny, I'll admit, but not very helpful if you actually mean to take this discussion seriously.

    The evening is young, though. So go ahead, tell me what they are saying... go back and look it up, treat this as a kind of open-book one-question exam. Score's 100 or 0, you can try as many times as you want. So far you've only got 0s...
    They are literally using words improperly, and lying about people.

    That's the very definition of the fucking word.

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misrepresent

    "Sure, I lied... but I'm not misrepresenting. Just go by what I said, but not really by what I said, because what I said is factually wrong."

    Dude, that's pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  8. #1568
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I provided the evidence against you, and I'm guessing you still don't have the evidence that Jeff Bezos was paid in stocks as part of his salary.

    Do you think I fucking forgot?

    Dude, you walked into that one.
    What are you talking about? You did not provide evidence that you don't have a Bezos picture on your ceiling over your bed. Until you prove you don't, no one believes you don't.

    Sure does seem to show you aren't really arguing with what people actually post and instead just make shit up. @Slant is right, you don't pay attention at all.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  9. #1569
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    We're going to need evidence. Until we get that, no one believes you.
    Never hapoen.
    All he does is quote himself as "evidence."

  10. #1570
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They are literally using words improperly, and lying about people.

    That's the very definition of the fucking word.

    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/misrepresent

    "Sure, I lied... but I'm not misrepresenting. Just go by what I said, but not really by what I said, because what I said is factually wrong."

    Dude, that's pathetic.
    Nope. They are not lying or misrepresenting. Nor are they misunderstanding basic economics. Here, I'm going to help you... an analogy, it's really giving you the answer, but I'll put it in a somewhat puzzle-ish manner:

    Bob and Tom are discussing if a wall should be painted blue or green.

    Clare comes along and says "How about we knock the wall down and make it a bigger room?"

    Now, you tell me, what represents basic economics in this?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  11. #1571
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    What are you talking about? You did not provide evidence that you don't have a Bezos picture on your ceiling over your bed. Until you prove you don't, no one believes you don't.

    Sure does seem to show you aren't really arguing with what people actually post and instead just make shit up. @Slant is right, you don't pay attention at all.
    It's your claim.

    You ever find evidence that Bezos took stocks as part of his salary?

    It's adorable that you are relegated to the most mediocre attempt at shitposting, because you are finally aware that you are completely outclassed when discussing the actual issue.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Nope. They are not lying or misrepresenting. Nor are they misunderstanding basic economics. Here, I'm going to help you... an analogy, it's really giving you the answer, but I'll put it in a somewhat puzzle-ish manner:

    Bob and Tom are discussing if a wall should be painted blue or green.

    Clare comes along and says "How about we knock the wall down and make it a bigger room?"

    Now, you tell me, what represents basic economics in this?
    It would seem you also don't understand the definitions of words. Sadly, they were provided for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  12. #1572
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's your claim.

    You ever find evidence that Bezos took stocks as part of his salary?

    It's adorable that you are relegated to the most mediocre attempt at shitposting, because you are finally aware that you are completely outclassed when discussing the actual issue.
    Its your claim you don't. Prove it.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  13. #1573
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Its your claim you don't. Prove it.
    There you go.

    https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/...urden-of-Proof
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  14. #1574
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It would seem you also don't understand the definitions of words. Sadly, they were provided for you.
    No buddy, it doesn't work like that. See, this right here? This is you not understanding what I'm trying to tell you, giving up on understanding it and then lashing out at me because somehow I make you feel stupid for not getting the analogy. I said it's a puzzle.

    Here's the clue: The wall is basic economcis. Now, apply that key to the discussion. We're clare, and you're whoever the fuck you want to be, Bob or Tom. Tell me, what is it that everyone here is trying to tell you?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  15. #1575
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    No buddy, it doesn't work like that. See, this right here? This is you not understanding what I'm trying to tell you, giving up on understanding it and then lashing out at me because somehow I make you feel stupid for not getting the analogy. I said it's a puzzle.

    Here's the clue: The wall is basic economcis. Now, apply that key to the discussion. We're clare, and you're whoever the fuck you want to be, Bob or Tom. Tell me, what is it that everyone here is trying to tell you?
    I provided the definitions of the word, I can do no more for you.

    The analogy:

    Them: We need to paint this door green!!!

    Me: Umm, that's not a door, it's a couch. See, I'm sitting on it, and I can show you pictures on the internet showing that it is a couch. That's also not green paint, it's purple.

    You: Just let them paint the fucking door green!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  16. #1576
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I provided the definitions of the word, I can do no more for you.

    The analogy:

    Them: We need to paint this door green!!!

    Me: Umm, that's not a door, it's a couch. See, I'm sitting on it, and I can show you pictures on the internet showing that it is a couch. That's also not green paint, it's purple.

    You: Just let them paint the fucking door green!!!
    I mean, I just told you... it's not up for debate, the analogy I built is exactly what I told you. And since it's my analogy, you don't get to redefine it into whatever bullshit crazy madhouse you have going on in your head. If you can't even understand and repeat a simple concept like I just illustrated to you, how are you thinking you're able to have an adult conversation?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  17. #1577
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I mean, I just told you... it's not up for debate, the analogy I built is exactly what I told you. And since it's my analogy, you don't get to redefine it into whatever bullshit crazy madhouse you have going on in your head. If you can't even understand and repeat a simple concept like I just illustrated to you, how are you thinking you're able to have an adult conversation?
    Now your word is above reproach? Nah, fuck that.

    I can simply say you're wrong, and misrepresenting what was said.

    I'm still trying to get people to understand simple concepts, and you said that's irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  18. #1578
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Now your word is above reproach? Nah, fuck that.

    I can simply say you're wrong, and misrepresenting what was said.

    I'm still trying to get people to understand simple concepts, and you said that's irrelevant.
    I'm wrong... I made up the analogy to describe a concept I want you to understand. And somehow, I'm wrong. About the analogy I made up. Like, somehow I manage to make up the analogy in my brain and then instantly am wrong about what I have just made up.

    That's not how an adult conversation works buddy. We have listened to your madhouse bullshit for 70 pages. It's your turn to fucking repeat what I just told you. I don't even care if you agree or not, I don't even care if you copy & paste it. I just want to see you physically be able to just repeat the letters that I typed, 1:1.

    Go ahead, do it. I have met elementary school kids that can do it, so surely a big boy like you should be able to just REPEAT something.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  19. #1579
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm wrong... I made up the analogy to describe a concept I want you to understand. And somehow, I'm wrong. About the analogy I made up. Like, somehow I manage to make up the analogy in my brain and then instantly am wrong about what I have just made up.

    That's not how an adult conversation works buddy. We have listened to your madhouse bullshit for 70 pages. It's your turn to fucking repeat what I just told you. I don't even care if you agree or not, I don't even care if you copy & paste it. I just want to see you physically be able to just repeat the letters that I typed, 1:1.

    Go ahead, do it. I have met elementary school kids that can do it, so surely a big boy like you should be able to just REPEAT something.
    I simply offered you a better, more-accurate analogy.

    I have copy/pasted the shit that people have said numerous times. You got mad at that, because I was pointing out they were objectively incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  20. #1580
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yeah, supporting liberty is terrible...

    Meanwhile, you've supported abuses by police officers more times than I can count.

    So, being insulted by fascists doesn't really hurt my feelers.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well, your argument is based on other libertarians saying it... and he said it. So, unless he's a libertarian, then that's not a good argument.
    You clearly do not know the definition of fascism and not being able to count to 10 or so is not surprising.

    And you are defending a system that allows rich people to be more rich (and most of the time without doing anything) and poor people to be more poor than ever, so I do not think I have any kind of lessons to receive from you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •