Page 80 of 127 FirstFirst ...
30
70
78
79
80
81
82
90
... LastLast
  1. #1581
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I simply offered you a better, more-accurate analogy.

    I have copy/pasted the shit that people have said numerous times. You got mad at that, because I was pointing out they were objectively incorrect.
    I am not mad. I'm just bemused at your attitude. You really don't get it. It just doesn't compute in your head. I'm sorry, I give up. I can't help you. You are incapable of forming actual, coherent, simple thoughts in your head. Or something in your head is wired wrong or something. It is not possible to explain this to you without automatically getting an infraction for trolling.

    Yes, I'd have to dumb it down that much. Holy shit. I often think people are being purposefully obtuse. But with you, I think this is an actual thought pattern problem. You need to step back and look at how you talk to people here. Not even the slightest attempt at understanding anything, you're the forum equivalent of a dude sticking fingers in his ears going "LALALALA"
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

  2. #1582
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You clearly do not know the definition of fascism and not being able to count to 10 or so is not surprising.

    And you are defending a system that allows rich people to be more rich (and most of the time without doing anything) and poor people to be more poor than ever, so I do not think I have any kind of lessons to receive from you
    I'm the one providing the definitions, so I hope you enjoy them all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I am not mad. I'm just bemused at your attitude. You really don't get it. It just doesn't compute in your head. I'm sorry, I give up. I can't help you. You are incapable of forming actual, coherent, simple thoughts in your head. Or something in your head is wired wrong or something. It is not possible to explain this to you without automatically getting an infraction for trolling.

    Yes, I'd have to dumb it down that much. Holy shit. I often think people are being purposefully obtuse. But with you, I think this is an actual thought pattern problem. You need to step back and look at how you talk to people here. Not even the slightest attempt at understanding anything, you're the forum equivalent of a dude sticking fingers in his ears going "LALALALA"
    Once again, you're blaming me, because I'm taking them at their word, then blaming me, because I'm not using the words in the way they want to pretend they mean, instead of their actual meaning.

    This is you demanding I cater to their willful ignorance, and pretend that words mean different things, because they cannot be bothered to learn definitions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  3. #1583
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

    great, then have your city or county tax stocks, see how the wealthy respond.
    Again, 1 more time. Stocks shouldn't be taxed locally. They need to be taxed federally. Nobody here has said that. You built that strawman to attack it.

    The federal government can levy taxes, but they don't on those assets.
    Yes. And what everyone is saying is that it should.

    So, get your local representatives to put it on the county ballot. I look forward to seeing the shit storm that ensues.
    Again. This is not something that should be handled locally. This is a federal issue. Nobody is asking for a local tax on stocks.

    The federal government won't do it, because luckily... people who understand economics would never let it happen.
    This has fuck all to do with good economics. On the contrary. This is bad economics. And we ended up here because of crony capitalism. It's to a large extent what has driven us to the current dysfunctional state of capitalism and trickle down voodoo economics. Not taxing stocks has lead to our current predicament. Taxing stocks would create the revenue needed for fixing the state of affairs.

    Now you guys are the ones wanting double standards and preferential treatment. The irony is unceasing.
    The only double standard that exists is the fact that stocks are not taxed like other things. Which in combination with low interest rates has lead to our current state of affairs where simply holding millions and billions in stocks has become a defacto tax dodge.

  4. #1584
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Again, 1 more time. Stocks shouldn't be taxed locally. They need to be taxed federally.



    Yes. And what everyone is saying is that it should.



    Again. This is not something should be handled locally. This is a federal issue. Nobody is asking for a local tax on stocks.



    This has fuck all to do with good economics. On the contrary. This is bad economics. It's to a large extent what has driven us to the current dysfunctional state of capitalism and trickle down voodoo economics. Not taxing stocks has lead to our current predicament. Taxing stocks would create the revenue needed for fixing the state of affairs.



    The only double standard that exists is the fact that stocks are not taxed like other things. Which in combination with low interest rates has lead to our current state of affairs where simply holding millions and billions in stocks has become a defacto tax dodge.
    And I have shown numerous times exactly why they shouldn't levy such a tax.

    Forcing people to sell the companies they fucking built, is bad economics.

    Warren's plan calls for a 6% tax, on people who have less than 6% liquidity.

    How do they pay for that tax, year over year? There's only one option... sell their companies, piece by piece.

    So, you want the feds to tax houses, all loans, and your car? Or, do you want a double standard? And for the record, the federal government does tax stocks, when they are sold. Are we keeping that tax, as well?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-11 at 05:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  5. #1585
    hey machismo have you got over 50 million quid?

  6. #1586
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    How do they pay for that tax, year over year? There's only one option... sell their companies, piece by piece.
    If we're talking about Bezos for example, he only owns 11% of Amazon so he doesn't actually "own" the company, he has a minority stake in it. He's not selling "his" (it's not his anymore, it's a publicly traded company with a board of directors that he will be joining once his voluntary resignation as CEO comes through in July) company, he'd simply have to sell some of his minority stake in the company.

    And you complain about others making bad/inaccurate arguments.

  7. #1587
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If we're talking about Bezos for example, he only owns 11% of Amazon so he doesn't actually "own" the company, he has a minority stake in it. He's not selling "his" (it's not his anymore, it's a publicly traded company with a board of directors that he will be joining once his voluntary resignation as CEO comes through in July) company, he'd simply have to sell some of his minority stake in the company.

    And you complain about others making bad/inaccurate arguments.
    great, let's talk about Cuban, a guy who said he's not very liguid.

    Yes, it's quite literally forcing them to sell the companies they own.

    He'd have to keep selling it, year after year. I get that you don't give a shit, because that's exactly what you want. But, they give a shit, and so do I.

    Thank God, this will never happen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    hey machismo have you got over 50 million quid?
    Nope, does that mean I shouldn't give a shit about the people who do?

    That's like saying a straight person shouldn't care about gay rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  8. #1588
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    great, let's talk about Cuban, a guy who said he's not very liguid.
    What does that have to do with my pointing out that, for example Bezos who is frequently talked about, doesn't meet the fictional situation you created?

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, it's quite literally forcing them to sell the companies they own.
    Like what? I mean, the guy has $1B in Amazon stock he can draw from without touching anything he owns/is a majority investor in (which I'm not even sure what the full list is).

    Please show how it would "quite literally" force him to sell his companies, because spending 30 seconds looking him up on Google sure indicates that it is not the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I get that you don't give a shit
    Aren't you the one spending dozens of pages complaining about others misrepresenting your arguments and positions? You'd think you wouldn't do the same for others, but here we are.

  9. #1589
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I am not mad. I'm just bemused at your attitude. You really don't get it. It just doesn't compute in your head. I'm sorry, I give up. I can't help you. You are incapable of forming actual, coherent, simple thoughts in your head. Or something in your head is wired wrong or something. It is not possible to explain this to you without automatically getting an infraction for trolling.

    Yes, I'd have to dumb it down that much. Holy shit. I often think people are being purposefully obtuse. But with you, I think this is an actual thought pattern problem. You need to step back and look at how you talk to people here. Not even the slightest attempt at understanding anything, you're the forum equivalent of a dude sticking fingers in his ears going "LALALALA"
    No, he's being very deliberate. We can speculate the "why" but he already knows he's alone in his sad beliefs, so the "why" would play into his ego as to his trolling. He has no proof, no evidence...nothing. That's why he demands it from others so he can trash their evidence, their proof. And when called on it, he'll try to be funny with sarcasm instead of providing anything to back up his wild claims.

  10. #1590
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And I have shown numerous times exactly why they shouldn't levy such a tax.
    No, I'm sorry you didn't. The same people who argue that taxing stocks somehow would collapse the economy are the people who argue in favor of the total fucking failure that trickle down economics has been.

    Forcing people to sell the companies they fucking built, is bad economics.
    First of all. The tax doesn't actually force you to sell anything necessarily. It does incentivize increasing your personal income, that income can easily come from dividends or earnings. Furthermore even if you are forced to sell some of your stake to pay your taxes that doesn't in effect do anything negative to a company. Let's say Amazon, Amazon's success has fuck all to do with whether Jeff Bezos holds 200b in stocks or 189b in stocks. That 11b didn't vanish from the market capitalization of the company. It just went on the market. Hell, Bezos might even effectively offset that if the dividends and earnings from his stocks were higher than whatever he had to pay in taxes.

    Having a higher tax on stocks would actually incentivize higher earnings on stocks. Because currently it's more preferable to have low earnings and high stock value.

    Warren's plan calls for a 6% tax, on people who have less than 6% liquidity.
    We can have a conversation about whether 6% is too high or too low, but we first need to agree that there needs to be a tax on wealth held in stocks. There's no point in discussing percentages until we actually agree on taxing stocks.

    How do they pay for that tax, year over year? There's only one option... sell their companies, piece by piece.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSS.

    Earnings.

    Earnings.

    So, you want the feds to tax house, all loans, and your car? Or, do you want a double standard?
    Actually....I think that's a pretty decent idea. Local taxes should probably be limited to way fewer things, like....a sales tax or things like a sugar tax and such. Or eliminated altogether. Like, the simple fact that school districts are funded locally has contributed massively to our dysfunctional public education system. Instead taxes should be collected federally and then redistributed using a system where part of the redistribution is allocated based on need. This would allow us to for example FIX OUR FUCKING INFRASTRUCTURE and to FIX SHITTY SCHOOL DISTRICTS and do other things like DEAL WITH FUCKING HOMELESSNESS.

    Just because we are doing something one way right now, it doesn't mean we are doing it right.

    And for the record, the federal government does tax stocks, when they are sold.
    One more mother fucking time. The fundamental problem is that an economic infrastructure was created where stocks are never sold, because once you are above wealth threshold you no longer neeeeeeeeeeeeed to sell anything to access effectively infinite tax free liquidity. That's the problem we are trying to address.

    Are we keeping that tax, as well?
    Yes. We should. Just as we do, with other things........LIKE REAL ESTATE.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-06-11 at 06:09 PM.

  11. #1591
    Stocks aren’t real money. Stocks aren’t real money. Stocks aren’t real money. I’ll say it one more time for those in the back, stocks aren’t real money. They only have value when sold. They are merely potential and nothing else. Potential has value to some which is why banks will allow them as collateral but the inherently have zero value.

    Don’t believe me? Ask yourself what happens if everyone decided to sell all their stocks today. Do you think they just call up Wall Street and ask to withdraw their money? Firstly there isn’t enough real money in the entire US economy to cover all those stocks. Secondly if everyone is selling, no one is buying and they’re all worth zero dollars.

    Think of the stock market as a massively over leveraged bank. It only works if the vast majority of stocks aren’t being sold. And good luck going to the store to buy a sandwich with a stock certificate.

  12. #1592
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What does that have to do with my pointing out that, for example Bezos who is frequently talked about, doesn't meet the fictional situation you created?



    Like what? I mean, the guy has $1B in Amazon stock he can draw from without touching anything he owns/is a majority investor in (which I'm not even sure what the full list is).

    Please show how it would "quite literally" force him to sell his companies, because spending 30 seconds looking him up on Google sure indicates that it is not the case.



    Aren't you the one spending dozens of pages complaining about others misrepresenting your arguments and positions? You'd think you wouldn't do the same for others, but here we are.
    Yes, he does. He has about 10% between liquidity, and non-Amazon assets (just verified), so that would be gone in less than 2 years. Since this is a plan that would last forever, in less than two years, no matter what, he would have to dig into the stocks of the company he founded. Sure, he has 11%, and in 2 years, it would be about 10%. About 2-3 years after that, 9%. 3 years after that, 8%. Now, he's 57, so extrapolate that out for 30 years.

    That's why it's a terrible fucking idea, and it's forcing him to sell his company, the one he built.

    So, do you care that he'd have to sell off the company he founded, piece by piece? If so, then why do you want to force him to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  13. #1593
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He has about 10% between liquidity, and non-Amazon assets (just verified), so that would be gone in less than 2 years.
    Where are you seeing this? You demand evidence from us, so show yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Since this is a plan that would last forever, in less than two years, no matter what, he would have to dig into the stocks of the company he founded.
    What company is that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Sure, he has 11%, and in 2 years, it would be about 10%.
    He doesn't "own" Amazon, dude. And as his wealth decreases so does the tax on the wealth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's why it's a terrible fucking idea, and it's forcing him to sell his company, the one he built.
    Again, what company? He doesn't own Amazon, just shares in Amazon, so which company is he being forced to sell?

  14. #1594
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    No, I'm sorry you didn't. The same people who argue that taxing stocks somehow would collapse the economy are the people who argue in favor of the total fucking failure that trickle down economics has been.



    First of all. The tax doesn't actually force you to sell anything necessarily. It does incentivize increasing your personal income, that income can easily come from dividends or earnings. Furthermore even if you are forced to sell some of your stake to pay your taxes that doesn't in effect do anything negative to a company. Let's say Amazon, Amazon's success has fuck all to do with whether Jeff Bezos holds 200b in stocks or 189b in stocks. That 11b didn't vanish from the market capitalization of the company. It just went on the market. Hell, Bezos might even effectively offset that if the dividends and earnings from his stocks were higher than whatever he had to pay in taxes.

    Having a higher tax on stocks would actually incentivize higher earnings on stocks. Because currently it's more preferable to have low earnings and high stock value.



    We can have a conversation about whether 6% is too high or too low, but we first need to agree that there needs to be a tax on wealth held in stocks. There's no point in discussing percentages until we actually agree on taxing stocks.



    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSS.

    Earnings.

    Earnings.



    Actually....I think that's a pretty decent idea. Local taxes should probably be limited to way fewer things, like....a sales tax or things like a sugar tax and such. Or eliminated altogether. Like, the simple fact that school districts are funded locally has contributed massively to our dysfunctional public education system. Instead taxes should be collected federally and then redistributed using a system where part of the redistribution is allocated based on need. This would allow us to for example FIX OUR FUCKING INFRASTRUCTURE and to FIX SHITTY SCHOOL DISTRICTS and do other things like DEAL WITH FUCKING HOMELESSNESS.

    Just because we are doing something one way right now, it doesn't mean we are doing it right.



    One more mother fucking time. The fundamental problem is that an economic infrastructure was created where stocks are never sold, because once you are above wealth threshold you no longer neeeeeeeeeeeeed to sell anything to access effectively infinite tax free liquidity. That's the problem we are trying to address.



    Yes. We should. Just as we do, with other things........LIKE REAL ESTATE.
    The stock is already being taxed... when it's sold.

    It's quite literally forcing people to sell the companies they founded.

    The fact that you don't realize that it forces you to sell, is the problem. It means you have no clue about liquidity, or you simply don't give a shit where they come up with the funds to pay that tax. If Bezos literally sold all his other assets, he'd still have less than two years, before he'd be forced to sell his company stock.

    That's a simple fact of reality that Warren and her sycophants just don't realize (or that's exactly what they want).
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  15. #1595
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Stocks aren’t real money. Stocks aren’t real money. Stocks aren’t real money. I’ll say it one more time for those in the back, stocks aren’t real money. They only have value when sold. They are merely potential and nothing else. Potential has value to some which is why banks will allow them as collateral but the inherently have zero value.
    And what has been explained here a million times to you is that we are in a situation where if you are rich enough, stocks are as good as money. Because we created an economic system where you can borrow against it at no cost and live like you've had all that liquidity in hand.

    But this little gimmick is only available to those who have a lot of fucking stocks. Like millions and billion of dollars worth of it.

    That's why it's a tax dodge for millionaires and billionaires only.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-06-11 at 06:16 PM.

  16. #1596
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's quite literally forcing people to sell the companies they founded.
    Except that most don't "own" the companies still, see Jeff Bezos and his minority stake in Amazon. This is a strawman argument.

  17. #1597
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The stock is already being taxed... when it's sold.
    One more time. I'm going to repeat this until you get it.

    One more mother fucking time. The fundamental problem is that an economic infrastructure was created where stocks are never sold, because once you are above a wealth threshold you no longer neeeeeeeeeeeeed to sell anything to access effectively infinite tax free liquidity. That's the problem we are trying to address.
    Did something break inside your brain? Or you just chose not to acknowledge the existence of the problem?
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-06-11 at 06:19 PM.

  18. #1598
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Where are you seeing this? You demand evidence from us, so show yours.



    What company is that?



    He doesn't "own" Amazon, dude. And as his wealth decreases so does the tax on the wealth.



    Again, what company? He doesn't own Amazon, just shares in Amazon, so which company is he being forced to sell?
    Very well:

    Jeff Bezos is worth roughly $190 billion. It fluctuates a lot, daily... because it's tied to his Amazon stock.

    https://www.investopedia.com/article...ople-world.asp

    https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...ing-tesla-musk

    He owns 51.7 million shares of stock, valued at $3,345.

    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AMZN?p=AMZN

    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/je...f%20the%20week.

    So, multiple 51.7 million, times the value, and you get $172.9 million tied up in Amazon stock. That is 90% of his total net worth (about 90.4). That means the other 9.6% is other investments, as well as his liquid assets, and his other assets (homes, plane, couches, comic book collections).

    So, if the goal is to tax that at 6%, which Warren's goal does state:

    https://elizabethwarren.com/plans/ultra-millionaire-tax

    That puts it t 6% of 191 million, or $11.4 million, just in the first year. S0, of the $18.1 billion that isn't Amazon, $11.4 billion of that would have to be used to pay that tax alone.

    Now, let's move forward a year (this works, regardless of whether his worth goes up or down). He now has $6.7 billion in non-Amazon assets, but his tax burden is still going to be about $11.4 billion. Now, that burden could be much, much more, or it could even be a bit less, if Amazon were to drop a bit. But, let's say that his company grew by exactly 6%, he'd have to come up with $11.4 billion.

    Since he only has $6.7 billion in non-amazon assets, he is then forced to sell his Amazon stock... after only two years. Meanwhile, he's 57, which means he has 30 years to live. Feel free to extrapolate from there. But, after a mere two years, he's already forced to sell stock in the very company he founded.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    And what has been explained here a million times to you is that we are in a situation where if you are rich enough, stocks are as good as money. Because we created an economic system where you can borrow against it at no cost and live like you've had all that liquidity in hand.

    But this little gimmick is only available to those who have a lot of fucking stocks. Like millions and billion of dollars worth of it.

    That's why it's a tax dodge for millionaires and billionaires only.
    So, does that mean you want to get rid of capital gains on stocks?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except that most don't "own" the companies still, see Jeff Bezos and his minority stake in Amazon. This is a strawman argument.
    I have mathematically shown that he would be forced to sell Amazon stock in less than two years.

    Do you care?

    My guess is you do not.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    One more time. I'm going to repeat this until you get it.



    Did something break inside your brain? Or you just chose not to acknowledge the existence of the problem?
    It's not effectively infinite, I want to see your evidence on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  19. #1599
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Very well:

    Jeff Bezos is worth roughly $190 billion. It fluctuates a lot, daily... because it's tied to his Amazon stock.
    Again, Jeff Bezos does not "own" Amazon, he has 11% of shares - https://www.investopedia.com/article...lders-amzn.asp

    He can't sell "his" company if he doesn't own a majority of the shares to make it "his" company.

    Compare that to Zuckerberg who owns about 58% of shares (at least voting shares) and you have a dude who ACTUALY owns the company given his majority ownership of the stock.

    You're acting like needing to sell a few hundred/thousand shares is asking them to go into poverty or lose control of something they never had control over to begin with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have mathematically shown that he would be forced to sell Amazon stock in less than two years.

    Do you care?

    My guess is you do not.
    That he'll have to sell off some shares? No, I don't. Because that's pretty regular/routine shit for anyone come tax season if they owe taxes and don't have the liquid cash to cover it. Will he still own most of his shares? Yes. Will he still be fabulously wealthy? Yes. Will it negatively impact him or his ability to invest in new ventures? No.

  20. #1600
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, Jeff Bezos does not "own" Amazon, he has 11% of shares - https://www.investopedia.com/article...lders-amzn.asp

    He can't sell "his" company if he doesn't own a majority of the shares to make it "his" company.

    Compare that to Zuckerberg who owns about 58% of shares (at least voting shares) and you have a dude who ACTUALY owns the company given his majority ownership of the stock.

    You're acting like needing to sell a few hundred/thousand shares is asking them to go into poverty or lose control of something they never had control over to begin with.



    That he'll have to sell off some shares? No, I don't. Because that's pretty regular/routine shit for anyone come tax season if they owe taxes and don't have the liquid cash to cover it. Will he still own most of his shares? Yes. Will he still be fabulously wealthy? Yes. Will it negatively impact him or his ability to invest in new ventures? No.
    You asked for the math, the math was given. I proved he'd be forced to sell shares after less than two years. That would continue until he died.

    Of course you don't care, because this is all about your hate boner for the wealthy.

    Selling shares, every fucking year... of the company he fucking founded.

    But hey, at least I provided the math as to why all of this is so fucking despicable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •