Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Omg...is he claiming math skills? Lol...let me guess, he's claiming some fudged numbers and not actual math?
    Just another reason to put him on ignore.
    You already acknowledged you couldn't refute the math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But, as Cuban even pointed out
    Mark Cuban: "A wealth tax would force me to start selling and destroy the real estate market, just trust me".

Lol. Why do you think Mark Cuban is a remotely unbiased source in this case?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Mark Cuban: "A wealth tax would force me to start selling and destroy the real estate market, just trust me".
    Nope, his entire comments are available for you to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, his entire comments are available for you to read.
    Yes, they are - and they're a litany of "a wealth tax would be bad because of all these hypothetical situations that ignore a whole host of factors." It's whining, not an argument.

Him pleading poverty isn't evidence.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yes, they are - and they're a litany of "a wealth tax would be bad because of all these hypothetical situations that ignore a whole host of factors." It's whining, not an argument.

Him pleading poverty isn't evidence.
    Can you refute what he said?

Good luck!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    He has to know things are going to change in a big way
    How so? Progress is incremental and liberal democracy is working good. Anything else would be a step down.
    G7 nation minimum tax on international businesses are just the beginning.
    That's a pipedream. There is no means of enforcing a minimum tax and even if there was it would be highly immoral to coerce countries into raising or collecting taxes against their will.
    He's not young, is the thing. He claims to own his own house and have three cum gremlins he's helped raise.

So it's really his own kids' futures he's helping to fuck up, in a sad way.
    Is this another one of your gloomy prophecies? Why do you think kids will live in a f--ked up world in the future?
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-06-11 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you refute what he said?
    Yep.

Mark Cuban, get good.

That sure was easy.

Yep.

Mark Cuban, get good.

That sure was easy.
    Well, good to know you didn't even read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Is this another one of your gloomy prophecies? Why do you think kids will live in a f--ked up world in the future?
    Because of people like you, ironically enough. Among many other reasons I don't have kids, the plague of climate change denialists is one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, good to know you didn't even read it.
    I read Cuban's whinging on the Hill.

Again, "I might actually have to have cash on hand and if you make me have cash on hand then ordinary home buyers will get taxed out of their homes, just trust me" is whinging without evidence.

Because of people like you, ironically enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I read Cuban's whinging on the Hill.

Again, "I might actually have to have cash on hand and if you make me have cash on hand then ordinary home buyers will get taxed out of their homes, just trust me" is whinging without evidence.
    Considering you didn't know what capital gains are, I'm guessing your "git gud" argument isn't as well thought out as Cuban's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering you didn't know wat capital gains are
    The really obvious way you pivot to ad hominems whenever you get backed into a factual corner like the fact Mark Cuban's opinion is a worthless opinion because it discounts a whole host of other factors is kind of funny, lol.

Argue the people when you can't argue the facts, right?

The really obvious way you pivot to ad hominems whenever you get backed into a factual corner like the fact Mark Cuban's opinion is a worthless opinion because it discounts a whole host of other factors is kind of funny, lol.
    You just told Cuban to "get good."

He's a billionaire, I think he's made better choices than you have.

What facts? Let's see your facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a billionaire, I think he's made better choices than you have.
    Then logically speaking he should be able to make further good choices and easily meet the proposed tax burden, right?

Then logically speaking he should be able to make further good choices and easily meet the proposed tax burden, right?
    Where are those facts you talked about?

I expect evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are those facts you talked about?
    Thanks for agreeing that since Mark Cuban has made such good choices he'll be able to make the right choices to be able to meet his tax burden without losing his company.

Thanks for agreeing that since Mark Cuban has made such good choices he'll be able to make the right choices to be able to meet his tax burden without losing his company.
    I never agreed to that, where's evidence for those "facts?"

There's no need to push that lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never agreed to that
    But you did when you insisted Mark Cuban is a billionaire therefore he's made good decisions. Are you saying he won't be able to make further good decisions to meet the tax burden?

Damn, and they say progressives hate billionaires.

But you did when you insisted Mark Cuban is a billionaire therefore he's made good decisions.

Are you saying he won't be able to make further good decisions to meet the tax burden? Damn, they say progressives hate billionaires.
    Nope, that's not true. Stop lying.

Where's the evidence for those "facts" you claimed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, that's not true.
    Geez, well why did you go and claim that Mark Cuban was able to make good decisions if it's not true? These arguments sure are all over the place.

Here someone already did math on Warren's plan(Granted this is from 2 Years ago so I can't say if anything changed from then to now plan wise.) They basically graphed out several top billionaire's wealth from the last 9 years and how it would be today if it had been taxed with Capital Gains, Wealth Tax and all the jazz. Yes Bezos has a lot less wealth, but seems he would have still managed to gain wealth just not as sharply as he did.

Also the article writer certainly isn't fond of the politics Warren was playing calling them deceptive, but also agreed that Capital Gains should be taxed

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikshe...ax-package-is/
    I have no problems with taxing capital gains like ordinary income. Why should someone of wealth see lower taxes on income because they can make far more than would be possible if they depended on their own labor and time? And arguments against how the wealthy can take unrealized gains and shield them from taxation until it’s passed down to another generation that often gets to reset the tax that would have otherwise been due are valid and reasonable. Change the tax laws to prevent it.