Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Whelp, been snooping around, and apparently Bezo was, somehow, permitted to make tax deductions on company expenses used by himself, not to mention that Amazon has used this heavily as well, among them also tax deductions on trading property, you can also get a tax deduction on future investments (such as the production of games, movies, and the likes), you can also get a tax deduction if you foresee your stocks dropping, not to mention the flat out deduction of 12000 dollars as the base, he apparently was also able to get tax credit after his divorce. Then there is a tax deduction of 10% of your healthcare, and a tax deduction of travel expenses,

So, that is some of the things at least.

Though, with his net worth, he shouldn't even be permitted half of those deductions.
    Do you have a citation for all of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Do you have a citation for all of this?
    Those are some of the many deductibles within the US Tax law.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Those are some of the many deductibles within the US Tax law.
    So, where exactly did you get this information?

Do you have a link?

It's not that I don't trust you, but I've seen far too many people in this thread who wanted me to take them at their word, and they were lying, or simply reading wrong.
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Like what channels, exactly?

The math is not in your favor. Of the $600 million that isn't in In&Out, $165 million is gone in the first year alone.
    Okay. So what?

If she can't run her company profitably enough to retain control of it, it's not anyone's problem but herself. It's not like she's at risk of destitution or even hardship if she doesn't get to run a business, lol.
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Okay. So what?

If she can't run her company profitably enough to retain control of it, it's not anyone's problem but herself.
    That's the problem, the better she runs her company, the faster she'd lose it.

Because that plan is fucking evil.

So, where exactly did you get this information?

Do you have a link?

It's not that I don't trust you, but I've seen far too many people in this thread who wanted me to take them at their word, and they were lying, or simply reading wrong.
    I've had to go through a few Wiki's as well because many of the US government website layouts are atrocious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income..._United_States
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxati..._United_States
    https://www.irs.gov/
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/income_tax
    https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tax-deduction.asp

Ummm, you cited specific laws...

Everyone has deductions, they can either itemize, or do the standard deduction. I'm not saying deductions don't exist, I'm questioning those specific deductions you mentioned, particularly your wording of them.

That's the problem, the better she runs her company, the faster she'd lose it.
    No? It's' not mathematically possible unless the tax rate outweighs the net gains, which you've yet to prove beyond a slippery slope fallacy.

And again: it's not our problem she's a shitty business owner and can't meet the minimum operating costs of doing business, which includes taxes. Living is a right, owning a business is not.
    You're not "playing devil's advocate", you're making someone who is likely speaking from personal experience defend themselves against the shitty and oppressive opinion you're too embarrassed to admit you actually believe in. It's you. You're the devil.

Ummm, you cited specific laws...

Everyone has deductions, they can either itemize, or do the standard deduction. I'm not saying deductions don't exist, I'm questioning those specific deductions you mentioned, particularly your wording of them.
    I cited specific deductions that people can get. I cannot, as I'm not the top 25 wealthy people in the US, see if they pick itemized or standard.

No? It's' not mathematically possible unless the tax rate outweighs the net gains, which you've yet to prove beyond a slippery slope fallacy.

And again: it's not our problem she's a shitty business owner and can't meet the minimum operating costs of doing business, which includes taxes.
    Umm, the math disagrees with you, because you still haven't figured out the issue of liquidity, and that her taxes go up, as the value of her company goes up.

The math was laid out for you. If you can refute the math, I wish you luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I cited specific deductions that people can get. I cannot, as I'm not the top 25 wealthy people in the US, see if they pick itemized or standard.
    Once again, did you just know those off the top of your head, or did you get them somewhere?

You said you were snooping around, so what site were you snooping on? You literally just found it, but cannot provide it. None of those sites mention Bezos.

Umm, the math disagrees with you, because you still haven't figured out the issue of liquidity
    Math which is based on fictional numbers and fictional trends can disagree with me all it likes. You've not demonstrated your premises are rooted in reality, lol.

and that her taxes go up, as the value of her company goes up.
    That's the idea behind progressive taxes, dude. Your income taxes also go up as the value of your income increases.

Math which is based on fictional numbers and fictional trends can disagree with me all it likes. You've not demonstrated your premises are rooted in reality, lol.

That's the idea behind progressive taxes, dude. Your income taxes also go up as the value of your income increases.
    Can you refute the math?

the numbers are real, because I used her net worth, the value of the company, and the proposal set forth by Warren.

I'll take any failure to address it as an admission that you cannot, and that you agree with the numbers provided.

Oh, and we're not talking about income, we're talking about the Warren wealth tax she is proposing. The link was provided.

Can you refute the math?
    Yes. The fact that the rate is nowhere near high enough to put someone at a deficit if they have sources of income.

Your issue seems to be more that rich people will no longer be able to just passively sit there and "have" money and would have to continue to try and obtain income to meet their tax burden, which - boo hoo, welcome to the ranks of everyone else that owns a house.

And reminder that even if she were to lose half of her money today it would entail exactly fuck all in actual impact to her personal welfare. We're not exactly talking about taxing someone into destitution or homelessness, so you can put those comparisons away.

Yes. The fact that the rate is nowhere near high enough to put someone at a deficit if they have sources of income.

Your issue seems to be more that rich people will no longer be able to just passively sit there and "have" money and would have to continue to try and obtain income to meet their tax burden, which - boo hoo, welcome to the ranks of everyone else that owns a house.

And reminder that even if she were to lose half of her money today it would entail exactly fuck all in actual impact to her personal welfare. We're not exactly talking about taxing someone into destitution or homelessness.
    You cannot address the math, that's the problem. My guess is that you didn't even bother to look at the math.

Well, that's sad for you. Looks like my numbers stand. If Warren and Edge have their way, Lynsi Snyder loses control of her company in 17 years.

Do you support Warren's plan?

You cannot address the math
    Fairly sure I just did. Not my problem you or rich people can't figure a way to translate pretend money into actual income to meet your tax burden. :shrug:

If Warren and Edge have their way, Lynsi Snyder loses control of her company in 17 years.
    1) Only if she's a shitty capitalist and doesn't have sufficient real income to pay for the tax burden, which isn't our concern.

2) Who cares besides you and Lynsi Snyder? Lol.

Do you support Warren's plan?
    Yes, wholeheartedly.

Fairly sure I just did. Not my problem you or rich people can't figure a way to translate pretend money into actual income to meet your tax burden. shrug

1) Only if she's a shitty capitalist and doesn't have sufficient real income to pay for the tax burden, which isn't our concern.

2) Who cares besides you and Lynsi Snyder? Lol.

Yes, wholeheartedly.
    Nope, the math disagrees with you.

Thank you for admitting you want to take her company from her, and force her to sell.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-11 at 09:07 PM.

Nope, the math disagrees with you.
    Nah, it doesn't. Sorry to you.

Thank you for admitting you want to take her company from her, and force her to sell.
    Her incompetence would be taking her company from her. Which, again, is not our problem.

Why do you support propping up shitty business owners?

Nah, it doesn't. Sorry to you.

Her incompetence would be taking her company from her. Which, again, is not our problem.

Why do you support propping up shitty business owners?
    Great, refute my math with your own.

How long am I going to have to wait?

You want to force her to sell her business, because it's successful. That's why Warren's plan is so terrible.

You have one last chance to refute my math, with math of your own.

Great, refute my math with your own.
    I did a few posts ago. If her business is actually as healthy and profitable as she claims then she should have no issue setting aside enough funds every year to meet her tax burden like every other corporation and human being.

You want to force her to sell her business, because it's successful.
    No, I want her to pay higher tax. How she meets that burden is incidental.

I did a few posts ago. If her business is actually as healthy and profitable as she claims then she should have no issue setting aside enough funds every year to meet her tax burden like every other corporation and human being.

No, I want her to pay higher tax. How she meets that burden is incidental.
    You've shown no math.

the math is clear, it's an inevitability what would happen. Since you support it, you want to force her to sell off her company, piece by piece.

The numbers don't lie.