Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    It is actually free money. Because paying off that debt allows you to write off your earnings. The actual cost of borrowing is the interest rate. Which for people like Bezos is almost effectively zero.

It's a tax dodge. For fuck sake.
    It's not earnings.

For fuck sake.

- - - Updated - - -

It is actually free money. Because paying off that debt allows you to write off your earnings. The actual cost of borrowing is the interest rate. Which for people like Bezos is almost effectively zero.

It's a tax dodge. For fuck sake.

- - - Updated - - -

I told you. I don't need to.

English. Do you speak it?
    No, it's because you fucking can't, which is the whole point.

Fucking prove it, the numbers were handed to you. If you think it's overvalued, then fucking prove it.

Oh, and about that 6%, Warren would like to disagree with you:

"That’s why we need a tax on wealth. The Ultra-Millionaire Tax taxes the wealth of the richest Americans. It applies only to households with a net worth of $50 million or more—roughly the wealthiest 75,000 households, or the top 0.1%. Households would pay an annual 2% tax on every dollar of net worth above $50 million and a 6% tax on every dollar of net worth above $1 billion. Because wealth is so concentrated, this small tax on roughly 75,000 households will bring in $3.75 trillion in revenue over a ten-year period."
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-06-12 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, if the goal is to tax that at 6%, which Warren's goal does state:

https://elizabethwarren.com/plans/ultra-millionaire-tax
    Oh that’s so rich. I needed a good laugh. Elizabeth Warren says their tax is going to bring in 3.7 trillion… FROM WHERE? Is the government just going to print that money so everyone else has the 3.7 trillion to buy those stocks? Wait I’m dumb, they’re already doing that.

That anyone thinks Elizabeth Warren is an intelligent person is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Loans are not free money.
    They are when the interest rate is below inflation.

They have to be serviced. YOU HAVE TO PAY THEM BACK WITH REAL MONEY.
    Yes, which can be done with another sub-inflation loan and keep that going indefinitely, while your stock keeps growing and is never actually sold and thus never legally realized.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Oh that’s so rich. I needed a good laugh. Elizabeth Warren says their tax is going to bring in 3.7 trillion… FROM WHERE? Is the government just going to print that money so everyone else has the 3.7 trillion to buy those stocks? Wait I’m dumb, they’re already doing that.

That anyone thinks Elizabeth Warren is an intelligent person is laughable.
    The amount she gets will be tough to calculate, because... people will do whatever they can to hide money. They will deliberately cause their own stocks to crash, to avoid that payment. They will move assets overseas, and will even fucking leave the country. If people thought a high income tax was stifling, a wealth tax like this, would strangle thousands of companies.

People still don't get it, this means liquidating assets, and selling companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    Money has no value its just paper. If the US breaks down in a civil war and all states split the us dollar would be worth as much as a cuban peso. Hypothecical examples based in fiction are fun.
    Yes that’s the definition of a fiat currency. Good job. When Amazon stocks start being accepted as currency let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Yes, which can be done with another sub-inflation loan and keep that going indefinitely, while your stock keeps growing and is never actually sold and thus never legally realized.
    You still have to pay back the loan, dude. You have to get the money... from somewhere.

I've provided the data, can you refute any of it, or are you just going to shitpost?
    Hey I'm not the one having a online mental breakdown about it, #top1%wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    Hey I'm not the one having a online mental breakdown about it, #top1%wannabe
    I'll take that as a no.

It's not earnings.

For fuck sake.
    Or you stupid or what? I was discussing on how you can take earnings to pay off debt, and pay no taxes in the process. You do understand that people get earnings on their shares independently from selling them, right?

No, it's because you fucking can't, which is the whole point.

Fucking prove it, the numbers were handed to you. If you think it's overvalued, then fucking prove it.
    I don't need to you dipshit. DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE ENTIRE FUCKING STOCK MARKET IS WILDLY OVERVALUED.

Depending on who does the analysis they ballpark the overvaluation rate anywhere between 120 to 190%.

Regarding In and Out...I can't even find a fucking up to date market valuation or revenue report. So I don't know where the fuck you pulled your horseshit napkin math from.

I can't deal with this much retardation. I'm gonna get banned.

Or you stupid or what? I was discussing on how you can take earnings to pay off debt, and pay no taxes in the process.

I don't need to you dipshit. DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE ENTIRE FUCKING STOCK MARKET IS WILDLY OVERVALUED.

Depending on who does the analysis they ballpark the overvaluation rate anywhere between 120 to 190%.

Regarding In and Out...I can't even find a fucking up to date market valuation or revenue report. So I don't know where the fuck you pulled your horseshit napkin math from.

I can't deal with this much retardation. I'm gonna get banned.
    Yes, you can take out loans, pay them back and not pay taxes.

I pointed to a specific company, gave specific numbers. If you want to push the narrative that it's overvalued, then fucking prove it.

Yes, you can take out loans, pay them back and not pay taxes.
    Yes, and that's the problem, that they took that simple economic transaction and turned into a TAX DODGE.

I pointed to a specific company, gave specific numbers. If you want to push the narrative that it's overvalued, then fucking prove it.
    Relink that shit. I'm not going through 9000 pages of your hogwash to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Yeah that’s what you’re betting on with stocks. Fortunately everyone else can do this too. If I used that asinine ‘true tax rate’ calculation that propublica said they spent months working on, I paid an effective 2.6% tax rate last year. I am not a millionaire. That piece is specifically designed to get the useful idiots on board. Just because you choose not to play the game doesn’t mean it isn’t fair. You’re much more likely to get me on board with a UBI than the idea that by merely owning stocks and taking loans that billionaires are tax dodgers. They clearly pay tax. A whole heck of a lot more than me. As it should be.

Oh and by the way, you can blame the Fed for those super low interest rate loans. Ask Machismo what he thinks of the Fed.

Nah, fuck that.

I have gone out of my way to provide evidence.

I'll stick with my evidence, you stick with your lack of evidence.

"But, it's like earnings!!!"

Newp.

Nah, fuck that.

I have gone out of my way to provide evidence.

I'll stick with my evidence, you stick with your lack of evidence.

"But, it's like earnings!!!"

Newp.
    What evidence? Come on. Give me that "evidence". Come on. Do it. Do it.

Or stfu and gtfo.

You are mentally ill dude.

What evidence? Come on. Give me that "evidence". Come on. Do it. Do it.

Or stfu and gtfo.

You are mentally ill dude.
    Asked, answered, and fucking provided.

The amount she gets will be tough to calculate, because... people will do whatever they can to hide money. They will deliberately cause their own stocks to crash, to avoid that payment. They will move assets overseas, and will even fucking leave the country. If people thought a high income tax was stifling, a wealth tax like this, would strangle thousands of companies.

People still don't get it, this means liquidating assets, and selling companies.
    Preach brother. I don’t think most people realize how much our economy walks the razors edge while spinning plates and jumping thru flaming hoops over a pit of sharks.

You want to see the next Great Depression? Enact galaxy brain Elizabeth Warren’s tax.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and that's the problem, that they took that simple economic transaction and turned into a TAX DODGE.

Are you a homeowner? I’m betting you’re not a homeowner. Did you know you get to deduct your mortgage payments from your income tax bill? A mortgage is a loan you see. And you get to deduct it just like the billionaires. You’re calling homeowners tax dodgers in effect.

ROFL Yeah you know your arguments are shit when the only ones agreeing were so dumb they voted Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    ROFL Yeah you know your arguments are shit when the only ones agreeing were so dumb they voted Trump.
    And one of those rallied along side Sulla in support of Roy Moore.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Shadowferal is a Trump supporter...

Machismo most definitely did not vote Trump