Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Do you honestly believe that her being taxed more would hurt her employees?

Ha "more rhetoric than substance" You're funny. Loop holes, subsidies, bailing out companies and entire industries are examples of them abusing the system, but why remember those when you could forget them instead?
    Yes, and the math demonstrates it.

She would literally have to sell off her company, piece by piece, if Warren had her way. She simply does not have enough liquid cash to pay for the increase in value of her company. She would literally be punished, for running her company in such an honorable fashion, and taking less for herself.

You'll find that I never supported those bailouts, so another win for me. I didn't support those subsidies... another win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    By taking all the profits from the labour they spend time for, but the details are all in Marx's books. He really had it all figured out, really shows how little has changed since then.
    Yep, a perfect example of forced exploitation... on your part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    You know, I'm so glad I've found this channel. The Alt-Right Playbook videos are especially very enlightening. It's funny how well it fits, say, Machismo over here. Particularly videos like The Alt-Right Playbook: Never Play Defense.
    Except, I have offered the cold hard tax numbers to show this thread's narrative is a complete and total fabrication.

- - - Updated - - -

By taking all the profits from the labour they spend time for, but the details are all in Marx's books. He really had it all figured out, really shows how little has changed since then.

But all that wealth Bezos and Musk have could really be put to good use to relieve the global south from its famine problems, among other things.
    So, you want them to be forced to sell their companies... to whom?

Or, are you just going to take it by force, and keep the money yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Y

Yep, a perfect example of forced exploitation... on your part.

If the choice is to work or starve, they are clearly at a huge disadvantage.

Shell and Nestle are probably even better examples, but stopping them from exploiting the global south would also hurt the super rich, and I know how much you would hate that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, what's your definition of "harm?"
    I already provided it. You're not even reading my actual posts.

They are harmed, because their freedom is directly limited, and as a result of specific targeting based on a harmless action of their own. Quite literally, their liberty is being attacked.
    None of that is true, in any respect whatsoever.

I'm not going to accept obvious lies as if they're arguments. Taxes are not an infringement on one's personal freedoms.

How about laws against murder? Are they a harmful limitation of freedom?

If the choice is to work or starve, they are clearly at a huge disadvantage.

Shell and Nestle are probably even better examples, but stopping them from exploiting the global south would also hurt the super rich, and I know how much you would hate that.
    We've seen how your playbook works out, and it means millions dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Machismo hates taxes. He wants everything privatized and for the wealthy to control it all. He’ll obfuscate and dodge, but that’s just because he knows how others accurately perceive his goals as antithetical to a functional society.
    He should move to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria

Sheriff (Russian: Шериф) is the second-largest company based in Transnistria, in the city of Tiraspol. Formed in the early 1990s by Viktor Gushan and Ilya Kazmaly, former members of the special services, Sheriff has grown to include nearly all forms of profitable private business in the unrecognised country, and has even become significantly involved in local politics and sport
    That company is pretty much every libertarians wet dream.

- - - Updated - - -

We see your playbook working out and millions are dying a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Machismo hates taxes. He wants everything privatized and for the wealthy to control it all. He’ll obfuscate and dodge, but that’s just because he knows how others accurately perceive his goals as antithetical to a functional society.
    Libertarian ideology really. Insists on a stratified society, the majority of which would be ignorant sods supporting their own position in a 2nd class stateless system hoping vainly to enter 1st class....someday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    You know, I'm so glad I've found this channel. The Alt-Right Playbook videos are especially very enlightening. It's funny how well it fits, say, Machismo over here. Particularly videos like The Alt-Right Playbook: Never Play Defense. Not to mention, The Alt-Right Playbook: Always a Bigger Fish.
    Yep, his videos are pretty much always on-point.

It's one of the reasons I'm poking Machismo to define "harm". He can't/won't, because that'd be playing defense, for the indefensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I already provided it. You're not even reading my actual posts.

None of that is true, in any respect whatsoever.

I'm not going to accept obvious lies as if they're arguments. Taxes are not an infringement on one's personal freedoms.

How about laws against murder? Are they a harmful limitation of freedom?
    I did read it, you spoke of hardship.

This creates undue, and targeted hardship on the wealthy. Just because you don't give a shit, doesn't make it so. Mark Cuban even laid it out, as did I with Lynsi Snyder.

The act of being wealthy isn't a harmful action. People should be free to do what they want, so long as they are not harming others. The last time I checked, murder is a harmful act.

If taxes are not an infringement on one's personal freedoms, then taxing the poor isn't an infringement on their personal freedoms. Shall we bat around that argument again?

- - - Updated - - -

He should move to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria

That company is pretty much every libertarians wet dream.

- - - Updated - - -

We see your playbook working out and millions are dying a year.
    Funny, I'm not advocating for the offing of their heads.

What if they resist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, I'm not advocating for the offing of their heads.
    People die even without getting killed directly, but that still happens through actions of capitalist nations, so yeah.

What if they resist?
    How would you deal with criminals if you dont go after anybody who breaks the law and resists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Machismo once again pushing for the mass genocide of the lower classes so he can continue to lick the boots of the wealthy? I swear I feel like we've had the same conversation...in this very thread....at least twice already.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Can you refute the data that has been presented?
    Don’t need to.

You’re just interpreting the data wrong. It’s simultaneously possible that the wealthy pay most of the taxes and still not pay enough tax at exactly the same time.

Again this is about how the wealthy are able to continue to steadily increase their wealth while using a tax system they created to get the most use out of it. As has been said before an unrealized gain supposedly gives a lack of liquidity. Your argument might have merit if that were true but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

PS I don’t know if Lynsi Snyder is the saint you think she is but even if she is there’s how many devils like Peter Thiel for every one Lynsi Snyder?

People die even without getting killed directly, but that still happens through actions of capitalist nations, so yeah.

How would you deal with criminals if you dont go after anybody who breaks the law and resists?
    And it happens by the millions through this, plus your direct and specified desire to harm others.

Violent communists don't get to claim any moral high ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Is Machismo once again pushing for the mass genocide of the lower classes so he can continue to lick the boots of the wealthy? I swear I feel like we've had the same conversation...in this very thread....at least twice already.
    Nope.

/10char

I hope you're not seriously implying that millions don't suffer and die under the current system...

10+ Year Old Account
    And it happens by the millions through this, plus your direct and specified desire to harm others.
    And millions still die a year thanks your beloved capitalism.

Violent communists don't get to claim any moral high ground.
    I'd love to life in a world where you can keep power without any form of violence, but you sadly need it. Be it to enforce the law[with minim restrictions on personal freedom but strong economic control] or to defend yourself from those who attack you.

Your Utopia sounds nice, and I believed in such things when I was a full-on anarchist, but reality with climate change and the power of the rich leaves no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Don’t need to.

You’re just interpreting the data wrong. It’s simultaneously possible that the wealthy pay most of the taxes and still not pay enough tax at exactly the same time.

Again this is about how the wealthy are able to continue to steadily increase their wealth while using a tax system they created to get the most use out of it. As has been said before an unrealized gain supposedly gives a lack of liquidity. Your argument might have merit if that were true but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

PS I don’t know if Lynsi Snyder is the saint you think she is but even if she is there’s how many devils like Peter Thiel for every one Lynsi Snyder?
    That's tantamount to saying you don't mind shooting into a crowd, so long as you hit a bad guy in the process.

They are increasing their wealth, because they are not selling their property. That's it. That's the big fucking secret.

Those unrealized gains cannot be easily liquidated, because it means selling their property to pay... for that property. Mind you, it's bad enough that they do it for homes, but this is like doing it to your Magic Card collection. It's worth so much, and you did such a good job of taking care of them, that you are now forced to sell them, to pay for the good job you did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I hope you're not seriously implying that millions don't suffer and die under the current system...
    I didn't say that they don't. Millions do die, which is why I am a strong supporter of willingly helping them.

That's not what this is. This is about punishing people for being wealthy.

In the end, people don't mind, because they know someone else will be footing the bill. So, how much more are you willing to pay, so that those millions don't suffer?

- - - Updated - - -

And millions still die a year thanks your beloved capitalism.

I'd love to life in a world where you can keep power without any form of violence, but you sadly need it. Be it to enforce the law[with minim restrictions on personal freedom but strong economic control] or to defend yourself from those who attack you.

Your Utopia sounds nice, and I believed in such things when I was a full-on anarchist, but reality with climate change and the power of the rich leaves no choice.
    And your path is just a bit more violent, and a lot more authoritarian, than most.

10+ Year Old Account
    And your path is just a bit more violent, and a lot more authoritarian, than most.
    If that is what it takes, because climate change is not getting fixed by giving more power to corporations.

If that is what it takes, because climate change is not getting fixed by giving more power to corporations.
    It's not being fixed by giving more power to communists, either.

So, how much more are you willing to personally spend? In the Afghanistan, I mentioned about helping Afghani refugees who were just rescued by veterans. You should donate to help them. Heck, send care packages, or even offer to put a family up for a while.

If this is as selfless of an endeavor as you seem to think it is, demonstrate it. There's thousands of people who are in desperate need of help.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not being fixed by giving more power to communists, either.
    More power to communists who actually are willing to prevent the upcoming climate crisis. Dont even need to be communists, any left-wing government that is willing to strictly limit what companies can do[or even better, nationalize them] ,.

More power to communists who actually are willing to prevent the upcoming climate crisis. Dont even need to be communists, any left-wing government that is willing to strictly limit what companies can do[or even better, nationalize them] ,.
    Like I said, let's see how altruistic your motives are. Let's see you help the Afghani refugees who just escaped the Taliban. If you genuinely want to prevent death, hardship, and human struggle, here's your chance!!!

Of all this hatred of the wealthy is about helping your fellow man, then do it. Help your fellow man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, let's see how altruistic your motives are. Let's see you help the Afghani refugees who just escaped the Taliban. If you genuinely want to prevent death, hardship, and human struggle, here's your chance!!!
    Nice try at changing the subject.