1. #1

    Blizzard Battle.net App Update - Global Friends List

    Blizzard Battle.net App Update - Global Friends List
    Blizzard Battle.net App has received an update on phones, allowing friends to chat with each other across all regions. This update is now live on iOS and Android, and will soon come to the Desktop App.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Global Friends List

    Battle.net is a place for players to engage with their games and connect with each other. Now, we’re taking those connections global!
    • Starting June 8, 2021, your friends in Europe, Americas, and Asia will be merged into a global friends list.
    • You can chat, create groups, and see what your friends are playing – all in one place.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2021-06-08 at 11:34 PM.

  2. #2
    I wonder type of comments this one will have...lets see...

  3. #3
    I wonder if this is a first step to make regions connected. I could not transfer my 13 years of warrior character to OCE region after moving to Japan. I had to make a new account and start a new.

  4. #4
    why wasn't this a thing already? twitter was integrated into wow in wod and twitter already did this. this just seems to me like a feature that's way late.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    why wasn't this a thing already? twitter was integrated into wow in wod and twitter already did this. this just seems to me like a feature that's way late.
    Twitter is a centralised API - there's no concept of regions. For example, I can access content posted by any user (unless their account is private and I'm not being followed by them).

    Still, I agree with the sentiment. This should have happened a long time ago. It feels like this and the region separation in the game itself is more of a legacy limitation from when the backend architecture (e.g. game servers and infrastructure) was originally built.

  6. #6
    Now if they could join the rest of damned near most games and let us actually play all together that would be even better.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I wonder if this is a first step to make regions connected. I could not transfer my 13 years of warrior character to OCE region after moving to Japan. I had to make a new account and start a new.
    I hope not.

    I am perfectly fine being isolated from the cesspit that is called NA with all their streamers ruining entire servers.

    Keep us separated pls ty.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I hope not.

    I am perfectly fine being isolated from the cesspit that is called NA with all their streamers ruining entire servers.

    Keep us separated pls ty.

    You know that Euros stream too right?

    Also, you don't have to play on Faerlina if you don't want to, jesus christ lmao what a snowflake

  9. #9
    Warchief Alayea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Oregon, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,017
    I don't have any friends outside my own region, so...

  10. #10
    oh no, the ship is sinking!
    quick, toss them all together so the community looks bigger!

  11. #11
    regions merge incoming

  12. #12
    I can only imagine this whole thing melting down into childish egos fighting about NA and EU things.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •