Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    Revert the LMG recoil? Is it more erratic or more controllable now (I don't have a comparison because I was using LCMG before patch, but stopped using it for a while and now I switched to the PKP)?

My thoughts:

- SMG should excel at close range (i.e. < 60 meters) due to their very low recoil
    - AR's should excel at 40 - 120 meters, but should win in a fight vs an SMG when the person with the AR has a few opening shots advantage
    - LMG's should be most effective at 80 - 160 meters, but they should also be capable of pulling off wins in close-combat if you get the drop and ADS, while still having some level of reduced firepower beyond 160 meters (up to say 220 meters)
    - Sniper rifles shouldn't be super-effective below 140 meters if the person has moved within the last 1.5 seconds, or in extremely close range (e.g. 5 meters), but should remain very effective beyond 140 meters

Essentially, give each weapon a segment where it excels, but make sure that it isn't winning against other weapons in an equal fight. In a fight that's 10 meters or less, no weapon should be missing even if hip-firing, and the firepower and rounds per minute of weapons should be the deciding factors.

Bolte's are definitely a bit excessive, but I'd also say that the splash damage from all vehicles with anything beyond minigun-size rounds is over the top. Being killed through a solid metal shipping container because they fired 10 meters from your position 4 times is just silly. The 20mm rounds on the Nightbird got significantly nerfed to reduce their splash area to be about 1-1.5 meters and the damage of them requires a lot more shots now than it did before the patch. It feels a little bit awkward as a pilot, but it also feels reasonable considering that it requires specific soldier loadouts to take down aircraft effectively.

I also strongly agree that an official infantry-only mode would be very welcome, but some of the maps need changing for that to be viable. Any map which has cap points on top of towers is currently nearly impossible to win as attacker in breakthrough, and infantry-only mode wouldn't help that as you could have 8 people at each entrance, and that still gives you enough to cover 8 entrances (more than any tower roof area actually has from what I can tell). I do think some metro-style maps would be nice additions.

The hitboxes really need fixing though. Being killed by bullets 500 ms after I've run round a corner is unacceptable. Half a second isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things, but in combat it's the difference between life and death. I wish I could say it was a rare occurrence, but I had it happen 7 times in 3 matches earlier tonight, and it's happened a lot of times since release.

I can understand if I've been shot through light-cover light a chain fence or those cardboard boxes, but having it happen through the buildings on Hourglass or through shipping containers is just stupid. If I sink 30 rounds into someone, they should be dead or very close to dying. Instead, I often see shots just not registering even in those rare situations where I've landed shots perfectly.

Then again, we've seen this exact issue happen with BF3 (less so with BF4), BF1, and BF5, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's never fixed. DICE have all the technology in the world in their engine, but they've lost accuracy on the core mechanics that make an FPS.

The bug with being unable to change your loadout still exists and is incredible frustrating. If I need to switch to AP rounds, I don't wanna be presented with the '1 - 2 - 3 - 4' weapon dial but no attachment options. It seems like the UI indicating your HP and ammo doesn't update correctly when this happens either, so it's likely some thread that links the UI with game state isn't syncing and often doesn't seem to correct itself.

I'd also love to know why Sundance can fly into the ground face first and survive using her wingsuit, but if she dismounts from 2 meters, she dies to fall damage.

Also had a very weird issue where I selected a vehicle at the start of the game, it didn't deploy it but put it on cooldown, and said it was 'in play' for the rest of the round.
    Yeah, the LMGs recoil is more noticeable and especially with the PKP.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Either way, when out of 13 guys of my gaming group who played BF3 and BF4 for 500h in each game and in clans even, only 3 people are playing, it's not a coincidende...there is a reason.
    Everyone was hyped for this. Then the Beta was playable and everyone was devastated and only 4 us actually bought the game and thanks to my brother, who is one of the guys who bought it, I can see the issues on a daily basis. And he isn't denying them either. He said so himself that he regret buying it and can only hope that they will eventually fix it.

I'm not even talking about the netcode here, as most of the people complaining about it can't differentiate between it and simple recoil-bloom/patterns

I'm talking about not being able to destroy walls/houses anymore, not being able to shoot between 2 objects because their hitboxes are huge,
    not being able to hit characters because their hitboxes don't match the model and all that stuff.
    Balance issues are of no concern to me right now. It's all the other stuff that's completely messed up and that is pretty much *basic* stuff that should never have been allowed to release like that.
    Meh, I haven't put more than 10 hours into a BF game since 2142. They're all just iterations of BF2 that look prettier. Well except BF1. There's nothing interesting ever added to these games that made 3 more worthwhile than 2 and 4 more than 3. They have gimmicks now.

2142 was the most originality the game has had in 20 years.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-11-30 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I've run into one potential cheater but that's it. I assume I'm just lucky since I've been seeing plenty of reports. Just mostly saying that I don't think the changes to scoreboard etc. have anything to do with some kind of attempt to "hide" cheaters in some way. They're always going to be obvious, and folks chime up in team chat when they suspect someone so it's not like it goes unnoticed.
    Obvious cheaters are just the tip of an iceberg, the kind that put on 10x damage and always 100% aimbot at an enemy then just hold down fire button on a lmg in say bf 1 or 5. But more subtle 'good' cheaters are more difficult to detect now most cheaters you pretty much had to first person spectate for a while to know they were actually cheating (again something not possible anymore afaik) and weren't just good/lucky or some lag fuckery. You can disagree if it's intentional or not but cheating was a massive problem in bf5 and probably 1 as well though I didn't play it and Dice/EA did virtually nothing about it, even extremely obvious cheaters could play for weeks or months before getting banned, but the fact is that a lot of the changes made from BF5 has been a positive for cheaters to stay undetected.

Slapping a useless anti cheat on the game (as hacks existed day one in beta even) while simultaneously making it vastly more difficult to detect/confirm hacking just seems like Dice surrendering to the problem to me.

And chat isn't reliable, I've been called a cheater and I'm not even particularly good.

Man...for all the jank I'm still having a blast. Did a breakthrough that took almost an hour last night. Took the first point, almost lost at the second and took it in overtime (defending team was cheesing with long-range tanks blasting choke points), and ended up taking the last two points and winning a rare breakthrough map.

I can't claim I did that much (I did alright), but it was grand to just stop and enjoy the chaos at a few times. It was the docks map at night, so fantastic visuals of tracer fire from helicopters and vehicles, rockets flying everywhere, explosions left and right...it's the kind of madness and gloriously beautiful chaos that I enjoy so much.

Does anyone else notice the AK24 just...stops firing, like skips rounds? I thought it was my mouse but I don't think it is. I never noticed it on any other weapon but I started using the AK once they fixed the Assault Rifles. I have it on full auto and Ill just hold the trigger down when someone is close range and if there is a lot going on around me my gun will just stop, then start firing again. It's gotten me killed quite a few times. Not as much as people just being immune to bullets but it's just as frustrating.
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2021-11-30 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Meh, I haven't put more than 10 hours into a BF game since 2142. They're all just iterations of BF2 that look prettier. Well except BF1. There's nothing interesting ever added to these games that made 3 more worthwhile than 2 and 4 more than 3. They have gimmicks now.

2142 was the most originality the game has had in 20 years.
    Are you insinuating BF1 doesn't look good?

Frontlines and breakthrough were both excellent additions. I really like the fortification system added in V too.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Are you insinuating BF1 doesn't look good?

Frontlines and breakthrough were both excellent additions. I really like the fortification system added in V too.
    No, I meant that BF1 was the only BF game that broke away from the mold that BF games has become in it's numbered sequels.

It played exactly like them in terms of being a modern shooter and not trench warfare, but the change of setting was refreshing.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battl...update-notes-3

New patch dropped with weekly missions, they grant XP and if you do all 3 you get some exclusive cosmetic thingy.

Bunch of Portal updates and additions.

Supposedly a lot of UI improvements in-game, including returning markers for things like folks with low ammo and giving better indicators of who needs revives/who can revive.

Bunch of map changes.

Full notes in the link, it's a pretty long list and it's too early for me to go through.

Battlefield 2042 has fallen to somewhere in the 20ties regarding player stats on Steam. That's... not really great considering how recent the release was for a purely MP game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Battlefield 2042 has fallen to somewhere in the 20ties regarding player stats on Steam. That's... not really great considering how recent the release was for a purely MP game.
    I'm not counting EGS, but I imagine that, like myself, a lot of us picked it up through Origin so that's splitting playerbase numbers up quite a bit.

Wonder if the new Bot combat behavior/map improvement has anything to do with one spot on Kaleidoscope for farming attachments where you can sit relatively safe and just farm. I'd recommend farming your favorite weapons just in case.

The ghost drone is already a drain on team resources by having 10+ ghosts just laying on their bellies, now they will move faster and hack vehicles further away...great. People hadn't realized how strong that hack is, have fun being near permalocked out of weapons and countermeasures in vehicles. Sure that one tank is stopped by the swarm, meanwhile the enemy is just walking over us. I say this as a full on hypocrite since I've t1'd ghost lol.

I don't understand the point about them being easier to see "we have added lights" they already have red and green lights. It's shooting them that's the problem. Even at close range they have like a pixel hitbox.

Some QOL changes for sure but this update feels pretty stupid to me, doesn't really adress core issues to the game. I guess no fixes until after the first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm not counting EGS, but I imagine that, like myself, a lot of us picked it up through Origin so that's splitting playerbase numbers up quite a bit.
    Steam is still the king of game stores and the place to go looking for game stats (not counting exclusives, of course). But yes, everything should be counted together.
    Still, imho, way too love for a game of this caliber/franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Oh man, we getting a fuckin santa skin for the holidays.

It seems they're embracing the more cartoony elements of BF. I swear, this is both a game that's pretty peak Battlefield but also the least Battlefield game they've made.

Vince Zampella, the head of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Apex Legends studio Respawn Entertainment, is now in charge of the Battlefield franchise.
    https://www.engadget.com/ea-battlefi...180315432.html

The COD the original Infinity Ward did were the best IMO so maybe this might be a good thing (I've played most of the original ones, have not played this (2042) yet but the reviews have been so so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Vince Zampella, the head of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Apex Legends studio Respawn Entertainment, is now in charge of the Battlefield franchise.
    https://www.engadget.com/ea-battlefi...180315432.html

The COD the original Infinity Ward did were the best IMO so maybe this might be a good thing (I've played most of the original ones, have not played this (2042) yet but the reviews have been so so.
    So they've got him running Respawn (Apex + whatever else they're working on) and now the BF franchise? That's...silly, though I'm not sure how much control he did/didn't have over the current BF since he was previously only in charge of DICE LA.

I have a lot of confidence in him, titles under his leadership have largely been bangers no matter where he is. Doubt he'll have any immediate impact on the game/franchise, but hopefully he can course correct 2042 a bit in the coming year. It's just a bit...tonally off, especially seeing santa in the game, kek.

- - - Updated - - -

And apparently the patch broke horizontal mouse movement on PC, with a few supposed workarounds that don't seem to be totally consistent. Man, what a shitshow.

I really hope things improve under Vince. I'll repeat that I still enjoy the game (hopefully the patch fixed the issue where my SVK would reset attachments each time I played, which was SUPER annoying), but it's definitely inconsistent and uneven as hell and tonally all over the place.

Like the tornadoes and stuff. Occasionally they're cool and I dig the chaos they can wreak but so far my experience with them has been...extremely underwhelming. They're not very dynamic and they just kinda move through and then leave.

Some of the maps need some serious changes though. The high buildings are cool and all, but they're an absolute nightmare to fight around. Trying to assault them feels unfairly punishing. Combined with a lot of maps having HUGE open field areas with little cover that you sometimes have to hoof it across and pray that you won't get casually mowed down in. Not to mention the lack of actual destructability, you can blow off walls but whole buildings remain standing and you can still find cover in corners and whatnot.

I love the 128 players in a lot of ways, it generally feels like a big battle and as chaotic as it should be. But I also get the complaints around how "meaningless" it often makes individual players, where wiping a full squad has minimal impact compared to if it was just 64 players in a map. I feel like that decision and the technical limitations around it are a big cause of the related design issues. Kinda wish they either abandoned last-gen if that's the limiting factor, because if it's engine limitations that's another problem or simply a design decision that has played out extremely poorly and had a lot of unintended consequences.

Edit: Apparently 64 player modes are coming, I think in the later December patch. Curious to see how the maps feel with half the current players in them.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-12-02 at 08:16 PM.

I don't really like Battlefield, follow Battlefield, like the genre at all, ect. So starting from that point, my understanding is they are putting in Vince Zampella to run Battlefield and resetting the franchise(in essence) because this entry has been exceptionally disappointing, correct?

If so, Battlefield must mean more to EA than their other franchises, and they went into panic mode when it flopped? Just a guess. I'm asking.

I'd rather he be working on stuff I like to play, but I gotta say gratz to Battlefield fans. EA are running heavy triage on the IP, so I bet it gets a lot better now. It must be their bread and butter.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-12-02 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I don't really like Battlefield, follow Battlefield, like the genre at all, ect. So starting from that point, my understanding is they are putting in Vince Zampella to run Battlefield and resetting the franchise(in essence) because this entry has been exceptionally disappointing, correct?

If so, Battlefield must mean more to EA than their other franchises, and they went into panic mode when it flopped? Just a guess. I'm asking.

I'd rather he be working on stuff I like to play, but I gotta say gratz to Battlefield fans. EA are running heavy triage on the IP, so I bet it gets a lot better now. It must be their bread and butter.
    Not quite.

Vince is now in charge of the franchise, but it sounds like they want to build a "connected universe" around 2042 somehow. DICE working on the core game, Ripple on "new experiences", and another studio on "Narrative" that's run by a former Halo dev.

I honestly don't know how much of this plays into the poor reception of 2042, the previous lead for 2042 departed recently for another job (I believe) so he needed a replacement anyways. Seems like EA are taking the same approach that Ubi announced earlier for AC - with a connected universe of games tied to a central "experience".

BF has always meant an immense amount to EA, it's a core franchise for them in the same way that CoD is a core franchise for Activision or AC is for Ubi. Not to mention DICE essentially being their tech-focused studio that developed, maintains, and expands the Frostbyte engine they use across just about every game (though is not mandatory).

He's still running Respawn though, so Apex and whatever else they're working on right now are under his leadership. I worry about him doing both roles, since they're functionally both full time jobs that one person is doing. Though Vince has a spectacular history so I trust he'll do good work, I just worry about him not sleeping and shit.

We'll see how the improvements are though. So far it's been a bit of a mixed bag, just like the game at launch. I don't think they can ever fully "redeem" the game, too many of the issues are fairly structural or would require them to literally remake maps from scratch, and they're still playing catch-up in adding systems and features that have long existed in the BF games but were not included in 2042.

I imagine it's not doing super well for EA given that they haven't put out any announcements bragging about sales, but we don't know how good/bad it did so can't say how much is "damage control" vs. just normal post-launch operations. We'll find out more on their next earnings call, at least.

By the way, the grinding spot still works and you earn full xp now. I may have gained 128k xp grinding the GVT-45-70, which I don't recommend unless you like reloading it. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    By the way, the grinding spot still works and you earn full xp now. I may have gained 128k xp grinding the GVT-45-70, which I don't recommend unless you like reloading it. A lot.
    Wait, you can get weapon progression/XP from farming bots? >.>

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/BattlefieldComm/...wl78hvYPw&s=19

Thread on the skins.

TLDR: This isn't actually planned for this year apparently, it's data for next year. They just are making a lot of assets early so they're ready to go since the art team needs to stay busy. It's also likely for Portal only.

Just weapon skins coming for now.