Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s more about understanding your statement. Fuck the cop who did this and then gloated. Hope he never works again as a security guard, let alone in LE.
    So if a he, she, or it is interchanged it becomes something you do not understand? Umm.. ok..

I will keep that in mind in the future. Apologies for that I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Default pronoun I use because a lot of people use he. Don't hate on me trying to be diverse. You got something to add to the conversation or is my point so dominate that all we got is grammar and pronoun patrol?
    Respecting pronouns also covers he/she/him/her. You aren't trying to be diverse. You're trying to be clever and you are failing.

- - - Updated - - -

So if a he, she, or it is interchanged it becomes something you do not understand? Umm.. ok..

It's going to cause confusion when the officer is a "he" the victim is a "she" and you say "She should be punished". It makes it seem like you wish to see the victim punished. Which, by the way, is still something you haven't cleared up with all of your deflections around pronoun usage. It almost seems like that might be your intent...but of course, that would mean you're just a troll and I wouldn't want to accuse anyone of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Hanging Fruit View Post
    Default pronoun I use because a lot of people use he. Don't hate on me trying to be diverse.
    My bad, I didn't realize that was your thing so I apologize and I never intended to -spends 2 minutes checking out your post history-

Put him in the heat vent.
    I do believe they all love to see him
    pass mine 1080ti down to him
    I shit you not half the episode is him just.. laying in sick bay..
    So this guy could easily send out one or two to himself.
    As the qouter speaks for himself again showing the truth.
    But I am aware of him. I realize he is huge. I am just not "to cool to know who he is" type of thing.
    Default, eh? Hahaha, did you really just pull the ol' cofveve "only the smart people will understand" excuse instead of admitting you never read enough of this case to even get the rudimentary facts right before making a snap judgement? If you did it once, sure it could be construed as a mistake, but multiple times with your reasoning not holding up to scrutiny? Yeah, you probably read half the headline and assumed the cop was pregnant.

Though the one thing you said in this thread that's 1000% correct is the following:

Stupid people make stupid mistakes all the time and you would be suprised how many life or death jobs are in the hands of stupid people because the jobs are usually dangerous, don't pay very well, and have shit hours/shifts.
    Y'know, the thing you said immediately before making many stupid mistakes and then admitting you worked one of those jobs. You're exactly the person you described. By the way, please don't take anything I said personally. It's just coincidentally the default way I choose to say "okay, I agree." Don't hate on me for trying to be diverse. I know you'll understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Respecting pronouns also covers he/she/him/her. You aren't trying to be diverse. You're trying to be clever and you are failing.
    Hey I am just about her getting the punishment she deserves if the investigation pans out. You seem to have another agenda but whatever. I don't have a problem with it. I am just trying to stay on subject.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Default, eh? Hahaha, did you really just pull the ol' cofveve "only the smart people will understand" excuse instead of admitting you never read enough of this case to even get the rudimentary facts right before making a snap judgement? If you did it once, sure it could be construed as a mistake, but multiple times with your reasoning not holding up to scrutiny? Yeah, you probably read half the headline and assumed the cop was pregnant.
    Put him in the heat vent.. was talking about a clearly male character in a video game..

I do believe they all love to see him.. I dont remember that one.. so maybe you got me here?

Pass my 1080ti down to him... well.. I passed it down to my son... so I mean..

I shit you not half of the episode is him just.. laying in sick bay.. is a direct reference to a male character in a TV show..
    Oh my god... you tried to be slick and fell pretty flat on the face my lady.

Hey I am just about her getting the punishment she deserves if the investigation pans out. You seem to have another agenda but whatever. I don't have a problem with it. I am just trying to stay on subject.
    Yeah, like I said, it almost looks like you are trolling...but we all know that can't possibly be the case. You're just extremely confused about the complexities of correct pronoun usage. I'm sure one of your school teachers will get around to explaining it to you soon enough.

Don't play around with people's pronouns. It's unnecessary and confuses discussion as seen here. Let's get back to the topic.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Yes, when you use she instead of he in a situation where there’s known to be one he and she involved people will misunderstand your intended meaning. I know, it’s crazy that’s how language works.

Shit, just saw mod post. My bad.

It’s weird people are defending the cop here.

It should be weird that people are defending the cop here...but it really isn't. It's become all too predictable that they will... no matter what.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-06-13 at 01:32 AM.

Why? People were desperately pushing the narrative that the only reason Chauvin was convicted was something something "THE WOKE MOB IS GOING TO BURN DOWN THE COUNTRY JUST LIKE ALL THOSE OTHER ENTIRE CITIES THEY'VE TOTALLY BURNT DOWN" something something.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Why? People were desperately pushing the narrative that the only reason Chauvin was convicted was something something "THE WOKE MOB IS GOING TO BURN DOWN THE COUNTRY JUST LIKE ALL THOSE OTHER ENTIRE CITIES THEY'VE TOTALLY BURNT DOWN" something something.
    Doesn’t make it any less weird. Normalizing that shit is their goal. I say we don’t allow them to.

Doesn’t make it any less weird. Normalizing that shit is their goal. I say we don’t allow them to.
    Defending cops who commit demonstrably heinous/illegal shit has been normal for a while now.

You're a bit late for that. It already is normal.

You're a bit late for that. It already is normal.
    Not with anybody I associate with.

Not with anybody I associate with.
    It's not normal with any of my friends either... but there are a whole lot of people in this world that are not my friends.

It's not normal with any of my friends either... but there are a whole lot of people in this world that are not my friends.
    I’m not entirely convinced they’re the majority.

I’m not entirely convinced they’re the majority.
    They don't have to be the majority for it to be "normal"

They don't have to be the majority for it to be "normal"
    For it to be usual or typical I tend to lean towards the majority holding a position. But I concede that it’s entirely normal for the same people who are actively trying to instill fascism to also support cops being judge, jury, and executioner.

For it to be usual or typical I tend to lean towards the majority holding a position. But I concede that it’s entirely normal for the same people who are actively trying to instill fascism to also support cops being judge, jury, and executioner.
    That's exactly it.

It doesn't have to be the majority for something to be normal. It just has to be seen as "not uncommon". And it is not uncommon to see these people that will defend cops no matter how heinous their actions may be. I mean, when there are people that loudly defended Derek Chauvin... I'm certainly not surprised to see them defend this officer.

To use another example...nobody I know watches baseball...but I don't think there's anything "weird" about the people that do.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-06-13 at 03:54 AM.

That's exactly it.

It doesn't have to be the majority for something to be normal. It just has to be seen as "not uncommon". And it is not uncommon to see these people that will defend cops no matter how heinous their actions may be. I mean, when there are people that loudly defended Derek Chauvin... I'm certainly not surprised to see them defend this officer.

To use another example...nobody I know watches baseball...but I don't think there's anything "weird" about the people that do.
    In societal context it’s the MOST common. Hence, majority.

In societal context it’s the MOST common. Hence, majority.
    No it really isn't.

Brown is the most common eye colour. That doesn't mean it's "weird" to have blue eyes.