Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yup, it's the meaning of "I'm gonna get a second opinion."

@Freighter is basically wrong from every angle of this.
    I'm still waiting for you to quote the supposed posts where I defend the cop's behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'm still waiting for you to quote the supposed posts where I defend the cop's behavior.
    People who commit the misdemeanor of speeding, do not deserve to go to prison, unless they are intoxicated.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    People who commit the misdemeanor of speeding, do not deserve to go to prison, unless they are intoxicated.
    That's not a quote of any post where I'm defending the cop's behavior.

At this point I'm just going to say: You're making shit up.

You did say that about people who speed, should I quote it for you? I only read you disputing the cops behavior in the first couple pages, so that's not what I was refering to. If you kept that stance in that first post, than you aren't defending this specific cops behavior.

No, it doesn't explicitly defend the cops behaviour... but it is essentially you saying that you believe she got what was coming to her...because, in your mind, she's a dangerous criminal.

So, while you haven't overtly said anything against the cop in question... the other things you have said have indicated that you do not necessarily believe what he did was wrong either.

Of course all of that could be cleared up rather quickly by you stating your opinion on the actual matter at hand...which is the cop flipping the driver's car over because he felt she did not pull over quickly enough.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-06-19 at 01:54 AM.

That's not the person who said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    No, it doesn't explicitly defend the cops behaviour... but it is essentially you saying that you believe she got what was coming to her...because, in your mind, she's a dangerous criminal.

So, while you haven't overtly said anything against the cop in question... the other things you have said have indicated that you do not necessarily believe what he did was wrong either.

Of course all of that could be cleared up rather quickly by you stating your opinion on the actual matter at hand...which is the cop flipping the driver's car over because he felt she did not pull over quickly enough.
    Y'all are missing the point.

Even if we agreed with Freighter on her assessment of the dangers of speeding, the cop in question violated his own department's policies in this scenario by doing what he did. Even if the woman were somehow at fault for committing the crime of speeding, *the officer in question would also be fired for a gross violation of department policy.*

Freighter can argue the point over the morality of speeding if she wants, but in context of the subject of the post, the actions of this cop are not defensible. Even his own department indicates that he was wrong (though, of course, police unions ensure that the department will protect the cops regardless of whether their actions were right or wrong.)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Y'all are missing the point.
    I think you may have missed the point of what I was saying.

It's not about whether or not the cops actions are defensible or not (though they absolutely aren't...which I have gone into quite a bit earlier in the thread)...it's about the subtext of what Freighter (and others throughout this thread) is actually saying justifying the officer's actions. They can say "well, I never actually made a statement explicitly defending the cop" and, technically, be correct. The moment they start talking about how the victim deserved what happened to her or how she should have pulled over sooner or whatever other nonsense argument they have...they are making a defacto argument that what the cop was the good and proper thing to do in their mind.

What the law actually says or what the proper procedure is doesn't matter to them at all. This is what Freighter is being called out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I think you may have missed the point of what I was saying.

It's not about whether or not the cops actions are defensible or not (though they absolutely aren't...which I have gone into quite a bit earlier in the thread)...it's about the subtext of what Freighter (and others throughout this thread) is actually saying justifying the officer's actions. They can say "well, I never actually made a statement explicitly defending the cop" and, technically, be correct. The moment they start talking about how the victim deserved what happened to her or how she should have pulled over sooner or whatever other nonsense argument they have...they are making a defacto argument that what the cop was the good and proper thing to do in their mind.

What the law actually says or what the proper procedure is doesn't matter to them at all. This is what Freighter is being called out on.
    I'm aware of that. The solution is to not let her drag you into a tangent like that.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow