Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It emphasizes why you don't just go around using PIT on citizens because you don't know who's in there.
    That should be a given, just from the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    Just for my information, can you cite the Arkansas law that says that?
    Here's the AR Driver's License Study Guide. Slide 3.

1. Pull over to the right side of the road – activate your turn signal or emergency
    flashers to indicate to the officer that you are seeking a safe place to stop.
    2. If you are unsure if you are being stopped by an actual police officer, activate
    your turn signal or emergency flashers and pull to the nearest well-lit location, or
    dial 9-1-1 and request confirmation that an actual police officer is attempting to
    stop you.
    Edit: Part 2 is in place specifically for what I was talking about.

Double Edit: I realize now that this might not seem like what you're looking for, but it is. The law says that this guidance IS the law.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2021-06-11 at 03:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Here's the AR Driver's License Study Guide. Slide 3.

Edit: Part 2 is in place specifically for what I was talking about.
    The opening and last paragraph is what I was talking about earlier when you were saying it was only about the driver's protection:

The steps outlined below provide drivers with basic information of what to do when
    stopped by a law enforcement officer or when passing a law enforcement officer
    stopped alongside a roadway to ensure the officer’s safety, the safety of the driver and
    any passengers.
    Following these tips doesn’t mean that you won’t get a citation, but it does mean that
    you are doing what you can to ensure the safety of the general public and the law
    enforcement officers that you may encounter.
    It's about safety for everyone.

The part you describe is specifically about if you believe the person trying to pull you over may not be a police officer...but that's only just a part of the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It's about safety for everyone.

The part you describe is specifically about if you believe the person trying to pull you over may not be a police officer...but that's only just a part of the whole thing.
    The law was enacted after the impersonations. It might benefit everyone, but that's not why it was enacted.

The law was enacted after the impersonations. It might benefit everyone, but that's not why it was enacted.
    It was probably the reason the part about what to do if you suspect the person pulling you over is not a police officer was added... but the rest I believe is just standard. There are 19 steps in that guide. Only one of them has to do with being unsure about the pullover being legitimate. The rest are concerns regarding the safety of you, the officer, other passengers, and what to do when approaching the scene of a traffic stop.

It was probably the reason the part about what to do if you suspect the person pulling you over is not a police officer was added... but the rest I believe is just standard. There are 19 steps in that guide. Only one of them has to do with being unsure about the pullover being legitimate. The rest are concerns regarding the safety of you, the officer, other passengers, and what to do when approaching the scene of a traffic stop.
    Believe whatever you want. I remember this happening. You're canadian and it occurred in the 90s, so you might not remember it.

Believe whatever you want. I remember this happening. You're canadian, and I have no idea if you'd remember the 90s, so you might not remember it.
    Like I said, I believe you that officers being impersonated made them add additional procedures... but that's still only part of the whole thing. Even in the lionk you provided it specifically says to pull over When it is Safe to do so.

Step 1:

Pull over to the right side of the road – activate your turn signal or emergency
    flashers to indicate to the officer that you are seeking a safe place to stop.

Step 3:

Pull to the nearest/safest spot out of the traffic lane (Do not stop on bridges or
    overpasses).

You could probably grab the driver's license guide from any other state and it would list all or most of the same steps...
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-06-11 at 03:30 AM.

So that's a driver's license study guide. Granted, it's from the state of Arkansas, but what does the actual law say?

So that's a driver's license study guide. Granted, it's from the state of Arkansas, but what does the actual law say?
    Keep reading my post. That driver's license guide is the law according to the law I posted a link to in that same post.

If you actually cared that much, you could look it up yourself.

Like I said, I believe you that officers being impersonated made them add additional procedures... but that's still only part of the whole thing. Even in the lionk you provided it specifically says to pull over When it is Safe to do so.
    Yeah, that's great. Again, I literally remember the news about this 25 years ago. Before those attacks happened, you had to immediately stop.

Well, I don't think the study guide would tell you to do things that are illegal... and the guide says that you should find the nearest/safest place to pull over.

Well, I don't think the study guide would tell you to do things that are illegal... and the guide says that you should find the nearest/safest place to pull over.
    The law I linked in the "double edit" says that guide is the law. The study guide can't tell you to do things that are illegal, because the guide itself is the law.

Yeah, that's great. Again, I literally remember the news about this 25 years ago. Before those attacks happened, you had to immediately stop.
    I doubt that's true. I think the part about driving to a well-lit area and calling to confirm that the stop is legitimate would have been added...but I would bet that the law was you had to pull over as soon as it was safe to do so. Because that's how the law works everywhere else.

I doubt that's true. I think the part about driving to a well-lit area and calling to confirm that the stop is legitimate might have been added...but I would bet that the law was you had to pull over as soon as it was safe to do so. Because that's how the law works everywhere else.
    Doubt it all you want. That's not how the law worked 25 years ago before the change.

Doubt it all you want. That's not how the law worked 25 years ago before the change.
    Can you show any kind of proof that you had to stop immediately regardless of the situation...because I find it hard to believe it took some assholes who decided to pretend to be cops to attack women for them to think "Hey, we should probably tell them not to stop on bridges and overpasses too".

Can you show any kind of proof that you had to stop immediately regardless of the situation...because I find it hard to believe some assholes decided to pretend to be cops to attack women for them to think "Hey, we should probably tell them not to stop on bridges and overpasses too".
    What proof can there possibly be of me watching the news about this 25 years ago that talked about this? Disbelieve all you want, keep being wrong.

Edit: You think there are archives of the 6 o'clock news from my local tv station from 25 years ago? I'm not going to go looking through microfilm for you. Believe me if you want. I'm not going to the library to check old newspapers.

What proof can there possibly be of me watching the news about this 25 years ago that talked about this? Disbelieve all you want, keep being wrong.
    Well, for example, you could find proof of what the law said 26 years ago...

I'm sorry that I can't take "I saw it on the news 25 years ago and they said that before this law you had to stop immediately regardless of any possible dangers of doing so" as gospel. You can keep saying I'm wrong...but if you can't back that up with any evidence than I have no reason to believe you.

Well, for example, you could find proof of what the law said 26 years ago...

I'm sorry that I can't take "I saw it on the news 25 years ago and they said that before this law you had to stop immediately regardless of any possible dangers of doing so" as gospel.
    They you can be wrong about it, I don't care. I'm done responding to you about this.

They you can be wrong about it, I don't care. I'm done responding to you about this.
    I'm just asking you to look at it from my perspective. If I told you "25 years ago I saw a news report that backed me up...but no, I can't provide any proof of that"...would you believe me?

What you are telling me is that, prior to 25 years ago, Arkansas had no concern about the safety of their officers or the general public regarding traffic pullovers. Then some assholes impersonated cops...so they decided to add a whole bunch of safety laws that have nothing to do with that.

Like I keep saying... I believe you that it happened. And I believe that after it happened the police added extra procedures in order to keep people safe from such a thing happening again. I just don't believe that before any of that happened they didn't have any kind of safety concerns regarding traffic stops. That just doesn't make any sense. You getting hostile about it isn't making your case any better.