View Poll Results: When is 9.1 coming out

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • June [Later this month]

    39 10.40%
  • July

    163 43.47%
  • August

    76 20.27%
  • September

    19 5.07%
  • October

    10 2.67%
  • Next Year

    21 5.60%
  • Never/Cancelled

    47 12.53%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That just means that Blizzard's delay is all due to general incompetence, and not Covid.
    "As for your question on game development, we are fortunate that to date we really haven't seen any significant impact on game development with our current games in pipeline because we're really meeting our pre-COVID milestone."

    They said significant impact which allows wiggle room. It also could be possible that they were not talking about WoW since it is a "released" product rather then a "current game in pipeline". It really is just marketing/investor speak for "don't worry about it"
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #322

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    "As for your question on game development, we are fortunate that to date we really haven't seen any significant impact on game development with our current games in pipeline because we're really meeting our pre-COVID milestone."

    They said significant impact which allows wiggle room. It also could be possible that they were not talking about WoW since it is a "released" product rather then a "current game in pipeline". It really is just marketing/investor speak for "don't worry about it"
    Yeah, patch 9.1 is not a "game in pipeline".

    That is most likely about D4, Overwatch 2 ect.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    That would kinda be a props for blizzard as it would mean they wanted a longer patch cycle and was able to stick to there schedule unlike most other gaming company’s.

    Which would change the question from “are they delayed” to “why did they want a longer gap between patch’s”
    I -suspect- that most gaming companies are just using it as a cheap excuse? Their quality of game releases has consistently been getting worse every year, this time they might just have a ready to use excuse.

    I work in a huge corporation myself for software development and exactly nothing got delayed here, while possibly having even more active users and customers than Blizzard. It's not even an option, because a lot of these things involve government laws and legal deadlines.

    I never bought the "covid delay" excuse. IF ANYTHING, there are many companies reporting that their employees are feeling overworked because they're working from home and because they're putting in more hours than usual.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    29th June is pretty much July, right?
    the raid aint until july so sorta
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yeah, I don't buy for a second that this was deliberate.
    If it wasn't Covid it was something else but 9.1 is for sure later then planned.
    Watcher actually said it was delayed in an interview at one point. Implied due to COVID. I believe him, they didn't want to take this long.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    29th june.
    Aww, that was going to my guess.

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Watcher actually said it was delayed in an interview at one point. Implied due to COVID. I believe him, they didn't want to take this long.
    He obviously lied because no gaming company was affected by covid and those saying that they were are liars misleading the shareholders

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    the raid aint until july so sorta
    Thats kinda why people assuming june 29th are still naieve here, the chances are the earliest you getting the actual raid is the first 2 weeks of July, possibly longer, because they'll delay the launch of the raid to keep people from leaving, it might not even be until august because they need the raid itself to be a hype focus for those invested in raiding.

    But honestly, I would say at this point if they dont launch the patch with the raid at launch, they're destroying their own business, they need a content to fill the scene with things to do, and atm, they dont really have much on offer that isnt already available.

    9.1 offers too little in terms of long term new content, and thats the thing, once people have flying, or the few dedicated enough complete a covenant (knowing that if 9.2 does come out they'll release the allied races to try to keep it appealing) they'll be forced at that point to release 10.0 around september anyway, because they already said they've got a big announcement event next -year- which is likely gonna feature 10.0's trailer since they know now they cant really avoid having to announce the next expansion.

    Tbh though a 9.2 patch that serves as a transition into 10.0 would probably be better for wow as it might actually allow shadowlands to have some dignity rather than being a stagnant exp.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    They'll delay the launch of the raid to keep people from leaving, it might not even be until august because they need the raid itself to be a hype focus for those invested in raiding.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Raid Unlock Schedule

    July 6 – Normal and Heroic Difficulties
    No need to be concerned in this case.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Thats kinda why people assuming june 29th are still naieve here, the chances are the earliest you getting the actual raid is the first 2 weeks of July, possibly longer, because they'll delay the launch of the raid to keep people from leaving, it might not even be until august because they need the raid itself to be a hype focus for those invested in raiding.
    They already announced when the raid will open up. They are not going to delay from what they announced just because people might be leaving the game and what has been announced follows the standard unlock schedule.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Raid Unlock Schedule

    July 6 – Normal and Heroic Difficulties
    July 13 – Raid Finder Wing 1 and Mythic Difficulties (The Tarragrue, The Eye of the Jailer, The Nine)
    July 27 – Raid Finder Wing 2 (Soulrender Dormazain, Remnant of Ner’zhul, and Painsmith Raznal)
    August 10 – Raid Finder Wing 3 (Guardian of the First Ones, Fatescribe Roh-Kalo, and Kel’Thuzad)
    August 24 – Raid Finder Wing 4 (Sylvanas Windrunner)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #332
    Gonna be fun getting a raid team together during early July, sounds like we gonna have 12 persons at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

    At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkeshall View Post
    29th June is pretty much July, right?
    As they say in German, barely missed is still missed.

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Some people complaining patch is too soon and is "rushed", others were complaining it was taking way too long.

    Personally the only thing I wish was different was getting the 'patch is coming' information a bit more in advance than just 2 weeks.
    I think they're both right. It looks rushed because the game has been too long without a major patch and Blizzard had to get something out. TBC classic was a respite, but not everyone plays classic. Usually patches didn't go from major builds to release within a week or two. I'm wondering what kind of bugs will we find this time... (who remembers 7.2 patch that broke "flying" skills like frozen orb and sindragosa's flight to not deal any damage?)

    They could have played it better if they had some filler content between Castle Nathria and Chains of Domination akin to Trial of Valor, but since they didn't, they really had to get this patch out sooner than later because it's been 8 months since Shadowlands launch, and people are used to 5-6 month patch cycle (unless it's end of xpac lull, which it isn't).

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Gonna be fun getting a raid team together during early July, sounds like we gonna have 12 persons at this point.
    It certainly is a bad time for a raid to open when people are generally going on vacations, but it also makes sense that Blizzard simply opens the raid when its ready and doesn't delay it until August just because people go on holiday. It will be there for 6+ months, plenty of time to progress and summer disruption was going to happen at some point anyway.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It certainly is a bad time for a raid to open when people are generally going on vacations, but it also makes sense that Blizzard simply opens the raid when its ready and doesn't delay it until August just because people go on holiday. It will be there for 6+ months, plenty of time to progress and summer disruption was going to happen at some point anyway.
    Yeah I mean mythic week is late enough

  17. #337
    Only 9% of the poll was correct, shows you how much meaning you can take from shit people post on this forum

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerEelemental View Post
    Only 9% of the poll was correct, shows you how much meaning you can take from shit people post on this forum
    The most realistic options were always last reset of june or the first 2 of july. Most people being off by what amounts to 1 week is probably not as much of a gotcha moment as you think.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

    koko := coocoo

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They already announced when the raid will open up. They are not going to delay from what they announced just because people might be leaving the game and what has been announced follows the standard unlock schedule.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Raid Unlock Schedule

    July 6 – Normal and Heroic Difficulties
    July 13 – Raid Finder Wing 1 and Mythic Difficulties (The Tarragrue, The Eye of the Jailer, The Nine)
    July 27 – Raid Finder Wing 2 (Soulrender Dormazain, Remnant of Ner’zhul, and Painsmith Raznal)
    August 10 – Raid Finder Wing 3 (Guardian of the First Ones, Fatescribe Roh-Kalo, and Kel’Thuzad)
    August 24 – Raid Finder Wing 4 (Sylvanas Windrunner)
    A fair case, but honestly not one I really feel is gonna really matter at this point with the damage done, and im not even trying to be fatalistic, im saying blizz has taken too long to deliver something that isnt even finished, with them even showing cutscenes "Not yet finished" in progress and not actually completing them, which means 9.1 is definatley being rushed.

    Hell the final raid cutscenes dont even seem complete yet.

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    A fair case, but honestly not one I really feel is gonna really matter at this point with the damage done, and im not even trying to be fatalistic, im saying blizz has taken too long to deliver something that isnt even finished, with them even showing cutscenes "Not yet finished" in progress and not actually completing them, which means 9.1 is definatley being rushed.
    You are trying to be fatalistic. You are trying anything you can to spin this as negative. The cutscenes are "not yet finished" because Blizzard doesn't want to reveal them on the PTR. They also have 3 encrypted cinematics. The patch isn't rushed. It is anything but rushed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •