• October

10 2.67%
  • Next Year

21 5.60%
  • Never/Cancelled

47 12.53%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Sounds cool. I always wanted to learn some of that, on a hobby basis of course, but never really started except making a nintendo "fan site" (lol) at school. Never too late I guess.

Is it domestic(polish isnt it?) or more international? I would guess web development is extra hot these days like gaming cause of covid or is it just a natural increase? I would guess it would be either way. Tough competition?
    Saas is domestic, fibre opitics is also Europe since our indirect customers (we do soft and hardware for company that deals with commerce part of this) are for example internet provider companies that also operates in nearby countries.

It got hot because more people stayed home, so they wanted better internet, so our indirect customers had more customers, so they had to upgrade their infrastructure to handle more clients, so they had to order more modules.

And honestly we don't have much competition on what we do. It's not a consumer product, and its pure waste of money if you are small organization. So its also hard to estimate the actual competition. Its basically a damn expensive 5 digit box that makes sense if your internet infrastructure is big enough.

And no, it's never too late to start, I've started like 2 years ago dabbling in unity with some udemy courses. Lately dont have much time for this.

EDIT:

So to summarize I really doubt blizzard had more issues because of covid, they could have hiccups when transitioning to home work but after that I would say they should have kept the productivity at least on the same level.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2021-06-26 at 06:15 AM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Saas is domestic, fibre opitics is also Europe since our indirect customers (we do soft and hardware for company that deals with commerce part of this) are for example internet provider companies that also operates in nearby countries.

It got hot because more people stayed home, so they wanted better internet, so our indirect customers had more customers, so they had to upgrade their infrastructure to handle more clients, so they had to order more modules.

And honestly we don't have much competition on what we do. It's not a consumer product, and its pure waste of money if you are small organization. So its also hard to estimate the actual competition. Its basically a damn expensive 5 digit box that makes sense if your internet infrastructure is big enough.

And no, it's never too late to start, I've started like 2 years ago dabbling in unity with some udemy courses. Lately dont have much time for this.

EDIT:

So to summarize I really doubt blizzard had more issues because of covid, they could have hiccups when transitioning to home work but after that I would say they should have kept the productivity at least on the same level.
    Okay, thanks for the insight!

And yes, I also dont think they can blame Covid that much for 9.1, maybe for the postponed SL release, with its ramifications indirectly delaying the other content such as 9.1, but 7 months seem 5-7 weeks late, which is fitting for this:

I would go so far and say the TBC Classic release was in the way. The ptr has seemed ready, content wise, for a good while. My speculation ofc.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-06-26 at 06:26 AM.