View Poll Results: When is 9.1 coming out

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • June [Later this month]

    39 10.40%
  • July

    163 43.47%
  • August

    76 20.27%
  • September

    19 5.07%
  • October

    10 2.67%
  • Next Year

    21 5.60%
  • Never/Cancelled

    47 12.53%
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The .X doesn't matter. There is no rule that a .2 patch can come out in summer while a .1 patch can not. Work would flow just fine with a summer patch. They are already late compared to past time frames so nothing about past releases will work to guess the release.
    Agreed

    Heck at this point we can’t even guess their length anymore

  2. #102
    I really like how there is just zero communication from Blizzard on this.

  3. #103
    When it's ready. Play another game, in the meantime.

  4. #104
    Grunt Thafuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newport, pleasure Island
    Posts
    22
    7 month wait for a raid a dungeon and one zone? Yikes. I'll be through the content within a month and I'm a casual

  5. #105
    I like how people today believe that covid is a non-issue by now and even compare the US (in this context blizzard) or any western country really with japan (in this context square Enix).

    People in japan had a much easier time dealing with covid purely by mentality. I mean just look at video footage from like 10 years ago. Face masks everywhere since like forever. Also they had shut their doors super early in comparison to the west.

    Here in germany, we had our first lockdown effective from mid march to mid june 2020. AFAIK japan went into lockdown mode in january and because of that got hit waaay less by the virus.

    Then there's the vaccinations. I don't know the numbers in Japan or the US, but here in germany, roughly 45% of the population has been vaccined once by now, with only roughly 22% being fully vaccined. Btw, unless you're getting johnson&johnson, you're not fully immune until 2 weeks after being vaccined a 2nd time.

    Covid is and will be a threat until immunization (vaccination) rates in the respective countries are above ~70%.

    Long rant of a paramedic over.
    Last edited by ceall; 2021-06-13 at 02:17 AM.

  6. #106
    Give them time. You must think about Covid they work from home, stuff get delayed, importen/work staff getting sick etc. We dont live under normal times and have not for the last 2 years. We are slowly getting back to normal but still kind far away from it. So give them a little bit break. Covid is effecting all of us.

    If you got nothing to do in WoW dont pay anymore sub play something else/find a new hobby until new content comes out.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    Give them time. You must think about Covid they work from home, stuff get delayed, importen/work staff getting sick etc. We dont live under normal times and have not for the last 2 years. We are slowly getting back to normal but still kind far away from it. So give them a little bit break. Covid is effecting all of us.

    If you got nothing to do in WoW dont pay anymore sub play something else/find a new hobby until new content comes out.
    OH NO NO NO dont you know that the covid lockdown and work from home change up only barely effected them and just delayed the 9.0 launch by only a month

    i mean honestly they are a AA game company they arent effected by it at all really and honestly its just a lie to let them abandon SL for 10.0 which totally is on track and didnt suffer any delays. If they are using covid then they are the only AAA company because no other game at all has been delayed at all this year.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    Give them time. You must think about Covid they work from home, stuff get delayed, importen/work staff getting sick etc. We dont live under normal times and have not for the last 2 years. We are slowly getting back to normal but still kind far away from it. So give them a little bit break. Covid is effecting all of us.

    If you got nothing to do in WoW dont pay anymore sub play something else/find a new hobby until new content comes out.
    2 years? Far more accurate to use months. Most countries started to have initial plans around January/February 2020. With lockdowns occurring last I checked pretty much throughout all of March at the latest. Needless to round up on time in order to demonstrate a point. It primes the conversation for exaggeration. So in this case 16-17 months.

    But as for the virus itself and given its dubious origin, it probably would be pretty apt to get close to maybe an August/September emergence to it(even though “official” records state it came up around November 2019).

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum if Fun1 View Post
    If they are using covid then they are the only AAA company because no other game at all has been delayed at all this year.
    Ubisoft delayed Far Cry 6 by about a year and used the pandemic as reasons. They have also had delays in other titles. Plenty of game studios have had delays. There is no reason to bring silly conspiracies into this.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #110
    The Insane Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    17,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum if Fun1 View Post
    If they are using covid then they are the only AAA company because no other game at all has been delayed at all this year.
    and Square exnix, and GGG, Larian Studios, Ubisoft, CD Projekt Red, amazom, gearbox, Playstation, Buuuuut if you ignore all of those and more. Then they are the only game using covid as a reason for delays.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Ubisoft delayed Far Cry 6 by about a year and used the pandemic as reasons. They have also had delays in other titles. Plenty of game studios have had delays. There is no reason to bring silly conspiracies into this.
    I think it’s sarcasm dude

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is a drought. Any thing is realistic. Blizzard won't handicap itself simply because of classic.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They don't have to give a two week notice for end of season PvP. So it is still possible for the 22nd if they announce before the 15th.
    Classic is not the minor sibling to retail anymore. Classic is a fully fledged product with deluxe editions and an in game store. Classic and retail are on par now, especially considering that they're basically selling TBC for a new retail expansion price (and people fall for it). They don't handicap themselves in any way as TBC has proven to be the success that Classic was two years ago.

    And launch on June 22 with an announcement only <8 days before? Uhm...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    I partially misspoke. If we were chatting about a 9.2 patch, it wouldn't be that weird and it would be expected around June or July. For 9.1 though, this definitely alters their workflow for subsequent patches like a 9.2 coming out likely in late fall or early winter and then who knows when 10.0 will come out. This is also why they want to keep their X.1 patches in the Spring or Fall seasons for the tick-tock of work flow.
    Fact is, 9.1 is the .2 patch this expansion. Look at the story and how it's progressing, look at the content, look at the time it's coming out (9.1 might come out later this year than 8.2 came out in 2019). 9.1 is not the typical first content patch of an expansion, it's the typical second content patch of an expansion and should be treated as such (the only thing that's missing is like an addition to the borrowed power system, but we get new legendaries and conduits, so that might be counted as that; nothing in the style of Essences though).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-06-13 at 06:56 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Classic is not the minor sibling to retail anymore. Classic is a fully fledged product with deluxe editions and an in game store. Classic and retail are on par now, especially considering that they're basically selling TBC for a new retail expansion price (and people fall for it). They don't handicap themselves in any way as TBC has proven to be the success that Classic was two years ago.

    And launch on June 22 with an announcement only <8 days before? Uhm...

    - - - Updated - - -



    Fact is, 9.1 is the .2 patch this expansion. Look at the story and how it's progressing, look at the content, look at the time it's coming out (9.1 might come out later this year than 8.2 came out in 2019). 9.1 is not the typical first content patch of an expansion, it's the typical second content patch of an expansion and should be treated as such (the only thing that's missing is like an addition to the borrowed power system, but we get new legendaries and conduits, so that might be counted as that; nothing in the style of Essences though).
    Or hear me out…it should be treated as a.1 patch
    It’s taking longer because it was delayed regardless of what you believe that is the fact of the matter.
    It has a new raid and mega dungeon like 7.1
    It has assaults like 8.1
    It has a campaign like both 7.1 and 8.1

    For all we know zovaal winning is the beginning of a long story

    For example
    He wins and is now back to full strength and he’s heading to the sepulcher or whatever. We still have to get Anduin back and then we have to take care of any aftermath of the jailer including possible new or returning threats like
    Helya
    Muehzala
    Denathrius
    All of which at the time of the raid in 9.1 are sealed in one way or another.

    Then there’s the truth of what led the jailer to being locked up and the identities of the first ones. The reason why he’s fixated on Azeroth is also a big deal. Finally what asspull power we get to defeat him

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Or hear me out…it should be treated as a.1 patch
    1. It’s taking longer because it was delayed regardless of what you believe that is the fact of the matter.
    2. It has a new raid and mega dungeon like 7.1
    It has assaults like 8.1
    3. It has a campaign like both 7.1 and 8.1

    4. For all we know zovaal winning is the beginning of a long story

    For example
    He wins and is now back to full strength and he’s heading to the sepulcher or whatever. We still have to get Anduin back and then we have to take care of any aftermath of the jailer including possible new or returning threats like
    Helya
    Muehzala
    Denathrius
    All of which at the time of the raid in 9.1 are sealed in one way or another.

    Then there’s the truth of what led the jailer to being locked up and the identities of the first ones. The reason why he’s fixated on Azeroth is also a big deal. Finally what asspull power we get to defeat him
    1. Fact is: the patch is coming incredibly late. COVID or not. 9.1 comes out around the time we got 8.2 in a late June release (most likely we get 9.1 even later than that in July instead of June).

    2. 7.1 didn't had a new raid. 7.1 launched two months after Legion and had Karazhan (aka mega dungeon). Nighthold came in 7.1.5 4.5 months after release and 2.5 months after the mega dungeon. Both came way sooner than 9.1 now. By the time we have 9.1 we already had 7.2.5 with Tomb of Sargeras in Legion (another June release).

    3. What's that campaign argument? 7.2 and 8.2 also had a campaign going...

    4. We really don't know that. Helya is defeated in 9.1 in the campaign already (three times the charm?). All of what you said can easily fit into one single patch. Denathrius won't be another raid boss and that only really leaves Helya (I think we've seen enough of her already), Muezhala and Anduin plus the Jailer. Fit 6-7 filler bosses into the raid et voila you have the final raid of Shadowlands.

    Long story short: 9.1 is definitely Shadowlands' .2 patch.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-06-13 at 08:04 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    1. Fact is: the patch is coming incredibly late. COVID or not. 9.1 comes out around the time we got 8.2 in a late June release (most likely we get 9.1 even later than that in July instead of June).

    2. 7.1 didn't had a new raid. 7.1 launched two months after Legion and had Karazhan (aka mega dungeon). Nighthold came in 7.1.5 4.5 months after release and 2.5 months after the mega dungeon. Both came way sooner than 9.1 now. By the time we have 9.1 we already had 7.2.5 with Tomb of Sargeras in Legion (another June release).

    3. What's that campaign argument? 7.2 and 8.2 also had a campaign going...

    4. We really don't know that. Helya is defeated in 9.1 in the campaign already (three times the charm?). All of what you said can easily fit into one single patch.
    1. Yeah we agree but it’s not because it’s like a .2 patch it’s because delays lol

    2. It did have a mini raid and it’s important to note that in legion all raids came in .5 so nighthold was still a .1 raid

    3. Did 8.2? I can’t remember anything from the patch other than farming Mechagon mounts

    4. Helya has been “sealed back into her realm” and yes it could all be one patch but it could all be 2 patches


    You do realize that just because it’s taking longer doesn’t mean it’s a .2 patch. Like delays happened and it just made it come later not magically turn into 9.2 disguised as 9.1 simply because it’s a few months later.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    1. Yeah we agree but it’s not because it’s like a .2 patch it’s because delays lol

    2. It did have a mini raid and it’s important to note that in legion all raids came in .5 so nighthold was still a .1 raid

    3. Did 8.2? I can’t remember anything from the patch other than farming Mechagon mounts

    4. Helya has been “sealed back into her realm” and yes it could all be one patch but it could all be 2 patches


    You do realize that just because it’s taking longer doesn’t mean it’s a .2 patch. Like delays happened and it just made it come later not magically turn into 9.2 disguised as 9.1 simply because it’s a few months later.
    Uhm 8.2 had the entire Nazjatar campaign? Essences? There was a lot more going on in 8.2 than in 9.1 when it comes to that, lol.

    I agree we shouldn't compare Legion's rollout with that of any other expansion. That's why using BfA is much easier and better.

    And when I say 9.1 is more like a .2 patch I'm not even talking about the "there's no 9.3" thing. It's just that 9.1 has the content a .2 patch usually would have. New zone, new raid, new mega dungeon. No .1 patch gave us a new zone since... uhm yeah, never. .2 patches bring in new zones. 4.2 Firelands, 5.2 Isle of Thunder, 6.2 Tanaan Jungle, 7.2 Broken Shore, 8.2 Nazjatar + Mechagon.

    A .1 patch usually has a raid and some assault / campaign stuff and that's it. But 9.1 adds a new smaller zone and a megadungeon on top of that - that alone makes it obvious that this is not your typical .1 patch. If they wanted it to be, they easily could have scrapped Tazavesh and gave us the dungeon in 9.2.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-06-13 at 08:33 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  17. #117
    The Lightbringer Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    3,537
    Hope you all enjoy bcc.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

  18. #118
    This is how i've been feeling for about 3 months now.


  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Hope you all enjoy bcc.
    I do, it's incredible!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Uhm 8.2 had the entire Nazjatar campaign? Essences? There was a lot more going on in 8.2 than in 9.1 when it comes to that, lol.

    I agree we shouldn't compare Legion's rollout with that of any other expansion. That's why using BfA is much easier and better.

    And when I say 9.1 is more like a .2 patch I'm not even talking about the "there's no 9.3" thing. It's just that 9.1 has the content a .2 patch usually would have. New zone, new raid, new mega dungeon. No .1 patch gave us a new zone since... uhm yeah, never. .2 patches bring in new zones. 4.2 Firelands, 5.2 Isle of Thunder, 6.2 Tanaan Jungle, 7.2 Broken Shore, 8.2 Nazjatar + Mechagon.

    A .1 patch usually has a raid and some assault / campaign stuff and that's it. But 9.1 adds a new smaller zone and a megadungeon on top of that - that alone makes it obvious that this is not your typical .1 patch. If they wanted it to be, they easily could have scrapped Tazavesh and gave us the dungeon in 9.2.
    7.1 had a mega dungeon

    Also again you can’t compare the release to past expansions even BfA because it’s been delayed

    As for the nazjatar campaign I honestly didn’t remember it lol I remember the tidestone part but nothing else

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •