View Poll Results: When is 9.1 coming out

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • June [Later this month]

    39 10.40%
  • July

    163 43.47%
  • August

    76 20.27%
  • September

    19 5.07%
  • October

    10 2.67%
  • Next Year

    21 5.60%
  • Never/Cancelled

    47 12.53%
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    7.1 had a mega dungeon

    Also again you can’t compare the release to past expansions even BfA because it’s been delayed

    As for the nazjatar campaign I honestly didn’t remember it lol I remember the tidestone part but nothing else
    I'm comparing what patches contain. And for over a decade now we have a pattern how each patch looks, especially when it comes to .2 patches. And in that regard 9.1 is looking like a .2 patch from its content and not like a .1 patch, that's all I'm saying.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    When are six month subs up?
    I seriously doubt it will be out this week.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  3. #123
    Not even worth waiting on lol. Just play another game, WoW after WotlK has been shit.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Simple.

    When are six month subs up?

    That is your answer.
    It's almost 100% new store/6 months loyality mount will come with launch of 9.1. But it's mount that will be connected to patch date, not other way around.

    In 2020 (no patch) we got this mount on 9th July. In 2019 (8.2) we got it on 27th June, same week as 8.2.

  5. #125
    June 29th or July 6th.
    9.2 should come at the end of november if Blizz is still trying to hone their "release practices".

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And launch on June 22 with an announcement only <8 days before? Uhm...
    Why can't they announce it with a week's notice? The only reason why they give advance notice at all is because of the PvP season. While it is usually two weeks it is not required to be. If they wanted to hit a target date and would be ready they could do it.

    As for Classic it still isn't a factor for Retail. The player base is usually different. Delaying a patch for no reason only hurts Blizzard. There is no reason to deny a patch for retail just because classic has deluxe editions and is popular with some players. The only impact Classic has is that it will help to cover the loss of MAU do to the content drought of Retail.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    A .1 patch usually has a raid and some assault / campaign stuff and that's it. But 9.1 adds a new smaller zone and a megadungeon on top of that - that alone makes it obvious that this is not your typical .1 patch. If they wanted it to be, they easily could have scrapped Tazavesh and gave us the dungeon in 9.2.
    There are no rules that state what a .1 patch has to have. The only thing that makes this atypical is the delay from the pandemic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm comparing what patches contain. And for over a decade now we have a pattern how each patch looks, especially when it comes to .2 patches. And in that regard 9.1 is looking like a .2 patch from its content and not like a .1 patch, that's all I'm saying.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_6.1.0 you mean we can compare it to gem of 6.1 and the major feature being Twitter? Even after almost 17 years there is no patter for what is a .1 patch and what is a .2 patch. It all depends on what Blizzard wants to add to the game and that changes based on successes and failures of the past.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_6.1.0 you mean we can compare it to gem of 6.1 and the major feature being Twitter? Even after almost 17 years there is no patter for what is a .1 patch and what is a .2 patch. It all depends on what Blizzard wants to add to the game and that changes based on successes and failures of the past.
    Please go over all the .2 patches and see what kind of pattern there is for them. If you don't believe my posts, go to YouTube and check streamers like Taliesin & Co. who agree that 9.1 is aking to a .2 patch and not a .1 patch. If that's still not enough, you just don't want to see the obvious.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    As for Classic it still isn't a factor for Retail. The player base is usually different. Delaying a patch for no reason only hurts Blizzard. There is no reason to deny a patch for retail just because classic has deluxe editions and is popular with some players. The only impact Classic has is that it will help to cover the loss of MAU do to the content drought of Retail.
    Keep telling you that if it soothes your retail mind. Even Ion acknowledged the playerbases overlap and that's why they want to avoid another Shadowlands vs Naxxramas scenario. Blizzard isn't hurting themselves by doing Classic right. 9.1 isn't ready and for retail it really doesn't matter if 9.1 comes end of June or end of July, it's already too late.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-06-13 at 02:40 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  8. #128
    9.1 I think soon..... maybe....



  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Please go over all the .2 patches and see what kind of pattern there is for them. If you don't believe my posts, go to YouTube and check streamers like Taliesin & Co. who agree that 9.1 is aking to a .2 patch and not a .1 patch. If that's still not enough, you just don't want to see the obvious.
    Patches don't follow a pattern or rule just because streamers say so. There is nothing obvious that needs to be seen here. It is a patch with content. There is no rule saying only X content can come in a .2 patch and it is impossible or outlawed from being in a .1 patch. You said we had a pattern for over a decade now but patch 6.1 doesn't even follow any pattern. It was twitter and didn't even have a raid tier.

    Keep telling you that if it soothes your retail mind. Even Ion acknowledged the playerbases overlap and that's why they want to avoid another Shadowlands vs Naxxramas scenario. Blizzard isn't hurting themselves by doing Classic right. 9.1 isn't ready and for retail it really doesn't matter if 9.1 comes end of June or end of July, it's already too late.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    So, while we want to avoid too much collision between the two, we also understand that there are many players who only play Classic, and there are many players who only play Shadowlands, and we don't want to punish one group in order to avoid a conflict for the other, while still trying to make sure that each game has some time and space to breathe on its own.
    The developers do not think as you do. They want some room but are not going to punish one over the other just for the sake of giving space between the two products. Blizzard can hurt it self by delaying a retail patch because retail is still the main driver of profits for WoW despite the success of classic. Just because it is already late doesn't mean it the release date doesn't matter. Lol.

    Patch 9.1 is also very close to being ready. Most major testing appears to be done. We have cinematics being data mined.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-06-13 at 04:44 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #130
    July.

    But my gut feeling tells me that it'll be August.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Please tell me where you pulled that percentage from.
    COVID vaccine tracker USA

  12. #132
    august, with the state of the ptr any1 thinking june or july are delusional

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    august, with the state of the ptr any1 thinking june or july are delusional
    When the numbers start dropping on TBC so probably around first week of July. Anyone thinking it's based on the state of the ptr and that Blizzard cares about it being 'ready' anymore and not just numbers is delusional.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    When the numbers start dropping on TBC so probably around first week of July. Anyone thinking it's based on the state of the ptr and that Blizzard cares about it being 'ready' anymore and not just numbers is delusional.
    So they are going to continue to watch the numbers for retail drop just because TBC-C has good numbers?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Patch 9.1 is also very close to being ready. Most major testing appears to be done. We have cinematics being data mined.
    It doesn't seem so. They are still adding new stuff to the PTR. I never said they're holding back 9.1 because of Classic, 9.1 isn't just ready yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So they are going to continue to watch the numbers for retail drop just because TBC-C has good numbers?
    That would mean there are still plenty of people left after the content drought Shadowlands is having for several months now. People that stayed until now in retail will stay for 3-4 more weeks or even longer as they seem to simply not care if there's a new patch or not, they're just subbed. The critical amount of people left Shadowlands 2-3 months ago when 9.1 should have went live.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Patches don't follow a pattern or rule just because streamers say so. There is nothing obvious that needs to be seen here. It is a patch with content. There is no rule saying only X content can come in a .2 patch and it is impossible or outlawed from being in a .1 patch. You said we had a pattern for over a decade now but patch 6.1 doesn't even follow any pattern. It was twitter and didn't even have a raid tier.
    That's not true at all. 6.1 had Blackrock Foundry, when we go by that. Was it released the day 6.1 released? No. But it still released during 6.1. And although 6.1 was maybe the worst patch in WoW's history, it had a little bit more than just the selfie cam.

    And there are very obvious things to be seen here, but again, you don't want to see it so you ignore it. No .1 patch ever brought a new zone into the game. Every .2 patch since Cataclysm did. See a pattern?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    august, with the state of the ptr any1 thinking june or july are delusional
    It would just be the very tail-end of june. That being said, whats on the PTR is what we are going to get. Hoping for more is delusional at this point. Since BfA "oh that's it?!" is pretty much the norm.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

  17. #137
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    14,095
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They don't have to give a two week notice for end of season PvP. So it is still possible for the 22nd if they announce before the 15th.
    Ever since pvp seasons were a thing, they have never NOT given 2 week notice.

  18. #138
    Yea its not gonna be this month.
    Mid july at the earliest. Look at the PTR, they are still implementing new things that have to be tested every week.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So they are going to continue to watch the numbers for retail drop just because TBC-C has good numbers?
    Yes. Exactly that. Finally you get it

  20. #140
    Elemental Lord clevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Other Side of Azeroth
    Posts
    8,981
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    Give them time. You must think about Covid they work from home, stuff get delayed, importen/work staff getting sick etc. We dont live under normal times and have not for the last 2 years. We are slowly getting back to normal but still kind far away from it. So give them a little bit break. Covid is effecting all of us.

    If you got nothing to do in WoW dont pay anymore sub play something else/find a new hobby until new content comes out.
    If COVID is still slowing dev appreciably their IT and engineering management should be fired.

    Look, I get that early on they needed to setup VPNs, figure out meetings and get all the systems in place. And there was the simple stress of lockdowns and how long this would last and all that. But by now any semi-competent software org has figured out the technical issues and while remote collboration isn't like in person, staff should be up to speed by now. Sure, some people will have kids at home who take attention which wasn't an issue when the staff was in office...

    But come on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •