10 2.67%
  • Next Year

21 5.60%
  • Never/Cancelled

47 12.53%
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You said it was delayed by two months, it was delayed by one, reading comprehension really isn’t that hard.

Delaying your content also isn’t being back on track by that same metric wow would also be back on track unless we have to wait 9 months for the next patch after 9.1.

And again next to no one has recovered stop lying.

Hell the amount of months delayed is also about the same between the two games being about 5 months for both.
    So you were wrong when you said SL had no delay, and i was a tad off when i said 2 months when it was 1. Even that was late i thought.

also Wrong again my dude. Both ESO and ff14 are full steam ahead and have recovered from the delays by now. There is no indication the expac will be delayed again for ff14, and eso literally just released their new expac.

Also, keep in mind wow has a bigger budget than either of those games and delivers about half the content

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    So you were wrong when you said SL had no delay, and i was a tad off when i said 2 months when it was 1. Even that was late i thought.
    I never said Sl has no delay I quoted it being delayed from Oct to Nov.

also Wrong again my dude. Both ESO and ff14 are full steam ahead and have recovered from the delays by now. There is no indication the expac will be delayed again for ff14, and eso literally just released their new expac.

Also, keep in mind wow has a bigger budget than either of those games and delivers about half the content
    they literally haven’t recovered from the delays there expan was pushed back by a full quarter (3 months) with them sighting COVID, they don’t have to delay it again for them to have been delayed by COVID why are you trying to lie and doing so poorly at it.

Here’s some numbers, at the start of COVID 2020 Sl was delayed by a month, the Ffxiv patch was delayed by two months, then summer 2021 9.1 has been about 4 months later then 8.1, at the same time Ffxiv expan was delayed by a quarter (3 months).

Both games literally had about the same delays with both periods being at the start of COVID and in the summer.

I think shadowlands was planned to release before October but Covid screwed it up and they set up October thinking that was enough but underestimated it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Simple.

When are six month subs up?

That is your answer.

All I know is I don't have an active sub for the first time in years. Zzzzzzzzzz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard also has a bigger budget, and staff, and more experience than both of those games combined. They should never be behind the proverbial 8-ball, and they should be putting out double the content of the competition... not half.
    Money, numbers, and all the rest doesn't always equate to faster, better, and any other quality. There are small teams that do amazing things and there are large teams that don't. There is more to it then just saying "Faster". Like I said a lot of it seems to be tied to the quality that Blizzard would never be allowed to get away with that other developers can. I'm not saying other games are terrible but a 1:1 comparison will find that somethings are definitely inferior.

Could Blizzard sacrifice something in the name of speed? It sounds like they need to. Both for WoW and as a company as a whole. They have always had a glacial pace and the when they tried to go faster they couldn't deliver.

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_...er#Development

It sounds like development has impacted both the next expansion and a few of the patches so your full steam ahead seems to be "working with delays but not delaying further".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    This right here
    The flaw with the promotion time table is that Lucky Yun is still an active promotion and has even had the Imp in a Ball added for TBC-C. The promotion was first offered in February though so August 2nd or so would be the date for first new subscriptions under the promotion. It also was given to people who already had an active 6-month subscription and those people would be over with by now.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You haven't been right once yet, so sit this one out
    For just one day, i wish i could be as ignorant as you. Just walk around the world filled with bliss.

- - - Updated - - -

They should never be behind the proverbial 8-ball, and they should be putting out double the content of the competition... not half.
    Says who? You? Cool story bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Mymight View Post
    You're all so busy bickering about COVID and other games and whatnot, but nobody actually wrote what we all are thinking:

Something is ominously wrong at Blizzard right now.
    IMHO design at Blizz goes through 2 phases.
    1. The Devs make an expansion that is fun.
    2. The beancounters come in and optimize it for Blizz's benefit, certainly not the players. So they make them stretch things out. Why allow a player to go through a questline in one evening when you can time-gate it and make it take four weeks? Folks who are farming mogs, reduce the drop rates to something barely tolerable. They added lots of friction, like how far away the graveyards, flight-points are. Reduce drop rates so players have to run the same raid many more times to get gear. Introduce broken systems. If they can divide and fragment the playerbase, then they'll be angry with each other instead of Blizz.

For the same reason they got rid of the 30 days paid time, if you pay with real money, you can only buy 60 days at a time. Certainly doesn't help those who want to come back and give it a spin.

All that to say that I agree that there may be something "ominously wrong at Blizzard", or it may be working as intended.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    IMHO design at Blizz goes through 2 phases.
    1. The Devs make an expansion that is fun.
    2. The beancounters come in and optimize it for Blizz's benefit, certainly not the players. So they make them stretch things out. Why allow a player to go through a questline in one evening when you can time-gate it and make it take four weeks? Folks who are farming mogs, reduce the drop rates to something barely tolerable. They added lots of friction, like how far away the graveyards, flight-points are. Reduce drop rates so players have to run the same raid many more times to get gear. Introduce broken systems. If they can divide and fragment the playerbase, then they'll be angry with each other instead of Blizz.

For the same reason they got rid of the 30 days paid time, if you pay with real money, you can only buy 60 days at a time. Certainly doesn't help those who want to come back and give it a spin.

All that to say that I agree that there may be something "ominously wrong at Blizzard", or it may be working as intended.
    This is a pretty ridiculous idea when you look at how much things like drop rates graveyards and other things have gotten streamlined when compared to classic-wrath. if the bean counters wanted to stretch out time they are incredibly bad at it and they really have no excuse when classic-Tbc is right there as an example.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Credit cards are "real money". You can still buy a 1-month subscription with a credit card. They only condensed the game time to just have one product 60 days. The rest of your list is a lot of things that some players have asked for or complained about with past expansions. It really is a never ending battle. Some players want X so the scale tips one way. Then other players say they want X so the scale tips the other way.

It is really hard for Blizzard to reach that balance point and even with they have got close there were still issues.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You're all so busy bickering about COVID and other games and whatnot, but nobody actually wrote what we all are thinking:

perhaps we didnt write it bcs we dont think it...
    but im sure someone did write it, someone actualy did write it every month since vanila, along with "wow is dying"...

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Why does everyone keep thinking its anything normal anymore at this point? Expansion itself was released over a month later... So exactly anything anyone got in their head is delayed by a minimum one month. Since patches are less important go ahead and assume 2 months off anything you think you think.
    So if you think late january? well, no, that means YOU think its earliest late march.
    They can catch up. And the next expansion pretty much has to release in Q4/22. So 9.2 has to come out 8-10 months before that. March sounds very late again, so I'm sticking with end of January or February. If they're not able to catch up, they're facing a lot of other problems, so I'm staying slightly optimistic.

The bigger problem is how bland and uninteresting the next expansion will be due to all the delays - that's my actual fear, not two or three months of a delay (say goodbye to 9.3 though).

- - - Updated - - -

With all the key people leaving and the massive brain drain, who's surprised? Blizzard's creative department is in shambles and rightfully so.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-06-14 at 06:35 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First or second week of July.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

PTR is far from the final stage
    -unfinished models
    -no music
    -broken cutscenes
    -no VO and effects
    -DNT text

24 August - I'm 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So If Covid isn't an excuse in summer 2021 why did FFxiv delay there expan in summer 2021?
    Simple, their normal development cycle was delayed when developing Endwalker. Pandemic created a delay in their work schedule which added +138 days, and that back in April 2020 was when the developers had to work remotely from home. I figured this timeline would also serve as a visual aid. That as you can see the main part where they got hit with the disruption from the pandemic was during their 5.2 patch and some into their 5.4 patch. For 5.5 those days include up to the release date for Endwalker.

Also the devs admit that their workflow was affected by the pandemic and they apologized to the players for the delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    Simple, their normal development cycle was delayed when developing Endwalker. Pandemic created a delay in their work schedule which added +138 days, and that back in April 2020 was when the developers had to work remotely from home. I figured this timeline would also serve as a visual aid. That as you can see the main part where they got hit with the disruption from the pandemic was during their 5.2 patch and some into their 5.4 patch. For 5.5 those days include up to the release date for Endwalker.

Also the devs admit that their workflow was affected by the pandemic and they apologized to the players for the delays.

so they were delayed in x.2 and x.5 in shadowbringers by roughly 60/70 days so they are roughly 130days (compared to stormblood) behind their "normal"

"normal" for blizz would be 4-5 months for patch, so if they are behind as much as FF 8-9 months would be new timeline, so patch in july/august, which seems to be exactly when its expected atm... yet some people have the nerve to say FF barely get delayed and wow is horribly behind... seems like some people just want to shit on blizz and they dont care if they have to twist reality...

seems like only thing blizz is really behind is communication... and lets be fair, they were always shit at that they even knew and admited it several times, promised they will improve and failed

btw thanks for the timeline
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-06-14 at 11:54 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    As some Expansions were released, or at least the pre-patch/event was available when I was working for the Olympic Games... probably for this patch will be the same... and I will miss the patch launch...

August to me.

and by the way, after a year stuck at home bacause the Covid, I dont think its a smart idea lauch a patch during a summer holidays where we can go out for the first time (cinema, concert, events etc).
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Blizz obviously has massive problems, just look at their Overwatch 2 presention this E3, they litteraly walked on stage, talked about the change from 6v6 to 5v5, showed zero gameplay/screenshots, and then proceeds to show 2 new skins and thats all they had to show, zero gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    As some Expansions were released, or at least the pre-patch/event was available when I was working for the Olympic Games... probably for this patch will be the same... and I will miss the patch launch...

August to me.

and by the way, after a year stuck at home bacause the Covid, I dont think its a smart idea lauch a patch during a summer holidays where we can go out for the first time (cinema, concert, events etc).
    While somewhat true what you say about summer, blizzard cannot afford a delay. if they didn't launch 9.1 til august or september, SL would be dead and retail wow would be on life support and would never regain a lot of those players.

There's already a lot of ill feelings towards blizzard after WOD, and BFA, and now SL have all lowered the bar further each time... not dropping 9.1 til September? They may as well announce 10.0 then too because SL will be dead and be done with 2 patches max.

they can't afford to wait til the end of summer for 9.1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Blizz obviously has massive problems, just look at their Overwatch 2 presention this E3, they litteraly walked on stage, talked about the change from 6v6 to 5v5, showed zero gameplay/screenshots, and then proceeds to show 2 new skins and thats all they had to show, zero gameplay
    Overwatch, without Kaplan, is dead in the water. He was the entire brainchild of that operation and without him, the game will flounder. I already found it more of an overwatch 1 expansion than a true sequel anyway, especially with how they did the PVP side of things cross game (no sequel can truly exist if it has to share multiplayer with it's predecessor, imagine halo 3 having to play with halo 1-2)

The same thing happened to Anthem when their brain child of anthem tragically passed away (I think a car accident). Anthem never recovered and just floundered it's way through half ass development until launch.

Same as OW2 will do without Kaplan.

But hey, at least we'll have WoW classic TBC and Diablo 2 remastered again... blizz relying on their classic hits more than The Rolling Stones

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They can catch up..
    Do you really think that?
    Lets assume for simplicity sake they're behind 200 hours on dev time. Bit over a month at 8 hours per day, no weekends, no overtime.
    How would you catch up on 200 hours behind, while still doing everything else? You work every Saturday? Great, now just do that for 6 months and you're still not caught up lol.