10 2.67%
  • Next Year

21 5.60%
  • Never/Cancelled

47 12.53%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraethion View Post
    To preface what I will say, I personally voted for August, and if it comes out sooner I would be happy my guess is wrong and everyone can have their content.
    I still stand by what I said. Glad everyone can have their content instead of being in this long drought.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Our company has been working from home since last year due to corona, and nothing got delayed here.
    and unless you work at similarly big company working on similarly HUGE projects, its absolutely moot point...
    EVERY SINGLE game developer get delayed a lot... E3 clearly shown that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    So does 9.1 go live at midnight or on weekly reset time?
    id say with reset, like every patch before

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    So does 9.1 go live at midnight or on weekly reset time?
    After server maintenance is done and they go back up, like every other patch in the history of the game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My company is much larger than Blizzard, by several multitudes, our projects are also much larger and bound to legal regulations coordinated by financial institutions...
    What is purpose of this post beside weird flexing? Most gaming companies were affected by covid and that's just a fact. But of course it didn't have same impact for every company, they have different structure and different goverment is making laws for them.

Do I really have to explain stuff like this to you like to a child? You should understand stuff like this if youre working in such amazing successful company.

My company is much larger than Blizzard, by several multitudes, our projects are also much larger and bound to legal regulations coordinated by financial institutions...
    Cool, nice flex.

Do you work in gaming though? No? Then you have no chair to stand on. To quote you a post down - I, however, don't buy that crap. Developing video games, or any kind of creative medium, is not as easy some of the people in this topic, and forum, seem to think, yourself included.

You didn't get delayed by Covid? Congratulations, you're like, one of the 1% that didn't. But even if you didn't, it doesn't change the fact that your magical little company isn't a video game company, and the same rules that apply to them, and caused their delays, do not apply to you.

But hey, keep flexing that weird corporate muscle of yours.

Developing games is easy compared to developing software for financial institutions..
    That's actually incorrect, 80% of WoW is art, art assets, voice, music, sound.

Games also have to cater for multiple platforms.

All things that financial institutions don't have to worry about.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's cool that you gullibly gobbled up the notion that there were 'setbacks' due to covid in every gaming company.

I however don't buy that crap. Quality of games has been in decline for a long time now, this year covid just was an easy to use excuse for lazy dumb-dumbs.

Covid did not impact anything anywhere where game or software development is concerned. You can do that job on the train, on the toilet, at home, or at the office all the same.

Stop believing bullshit.
    So most gaming industry get massive delays at SAME TIME during lockdown cause they are in decline for 'long time'. Lol, I see understanding basic logic isn't needed for whatever you do in your amazing company.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, what's the conscenus on the patch release date?
    I'm a crazy taco.

15+ Year Old Account
    Covid did not impact anything anywhere where game or software development is concerned. You can do that job on the train, on the toilet, at home, or at the office all the same. Stop believing bullshit.
    You start. It is easier to believe that the pandemic had an impact then to believe all of these gaming companies are lying because they are "lazy dumb-dumbs".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Ergo, I was right.
    You were not. Because none of that indicates those that had an issue were because they are lazy dumb dumbs. Your post also proves you are lying in your previous post as you said the pandemic did not impact anything anywhere where game or software development is concerned. So quit your BS. The person you quoted also said "most" and not all. So you are again trying push something incorrect with that regard.

Quit your BS.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-06-25 at 02:34 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Covid causing game development delays is a conspiracy theory at best.
    Yet your own survey indicates it happened. Which doesn't mean it is a conspiracy at best and actually confirmed to have happened. You are so caught up in being right you can't even see that you are proved yourself wrong. Lol. Quit your BS.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    So, what's the conscenus on the patch release date?
    Patch will launch June 29th, which is super early August, so Towellie source was right. /s

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You are just making shit up right now.

1/3 claiming delays
    1/3 claiming no impact
    1/3 claiming increased productivity

That is what the survey indicates. If Blizzard is one of the companies that suffered delays (which I still find bullshit) then it is an indication that their organization sucks, and that they should learn from those for whom covid caused an uptick in productivity, just like there have been games which have uniquely been released -early- because of covid.
    Yep. 2021 is just like any year before. There were some delays, but also as many games get released faster than expected! This survey is so right!

Oh wait, it's totally not what is happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are just making shit up right now. 1/3 claiming delays
    How can I be making things up when you just stated there was an impact in a third of survey responders? You don't seem to know what it is you are actually saying and that is weird.

sad that people are making conspiracies on a gaming company
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It's cool that you gullibly gobbled up the notion that there were 'setbacks' due to covid in every gaming company.

I however don't buy that crap. Quality of games has been in decline for a long time now, this year covid just was an easy to use excuse for lazy dumb-dumbs.

Covid did not impact anything anywhere where game or software development is concerned. You can do that job on the train, on the toilet, at home, or at the office all the same.

Stop believing bullshit.
    You work in a gaming company multitudes larger than blizz???

Cool which one??

Dude, I linked you a developer survey, the most recent 2021 in which there it is clear that game devs overall opinion is that covid had no impact on their productivity. The one from 2020 was even less favorable to your nonsense because in it only 10% claim that there was a negative impact on productivity.

Quit your own BS.

Covid causing game development delays is a conspiracy theory at best.
    As a fellow developer I can confirm.

Software development in general had very little impact by Covid. My company actually had increase in profit.

Also I can confirm that software for financial institutions is much more complex than game development in general because how much time/work goes to making sure it doesn't break. A stupid invoice/tax calculations can sometimes take incredible amount of iterations, tests (automated and manual) and code reviews.

Now what I personally think what caused the delay is probably management/directors not taking into consideration their devs warnings. It's pretty often seen in industry.

"But boss, this is going to take at least twice the amount of time you think."
    "Can you squeeze it faster?"
    "I can try but still wont make it in original estimation"
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    As a fellow developer I can confirm.

Software development in general had very little impact by Covid. My company actually had increase in profit.

Also I can confirm that software for financial institutions is much more complex than game development in general because how much time/work goes to making sure it doesn't break. A stupid invoice/tax calculations can sometimes take incredible amount of iterations, tests (automated and manual) and code reviews.

Now what I personally think what caused the delay is probably management/directors not taking into consideration their devs warnings. It's pretty often seen in industry.

"But boss, this is going to take at least twice the amount of time you think."
    "Can you squeeze it faster?"
    "I can try but still wont make it in original estimation"
    What do you develop?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Patch will launch June 29th, which is super early August, so Towellie source was right. /s
    Hehe, you are on a roll today, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What do you develop?

Hehe, you are on a roll today, love it!
    Everything as I am actually CTO now. Including but not limited to simple websites, online shops, socket chat systems, http based servers, low level socket servers, desktop apps, mobile apps, general purpose libs. Basically every project we have internally even if I don't actively develop goes thru me.

We are basically specializing in two things: First one is fiber optic transceiver programming and software for this - which got pretty damn advanced desktop and web application. Hardware is also our design PCB + ARM firmware. Second thing is SaaS applications (web, mobile) for business clients.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Everything as I am actually CTO now. Including but not limited to simple websites, online shops, socket chat systems, http based servers, low level socket servers, desktop apps, mobile apps, general purpose libs. Basically every project we have internally even if I don't actively develop goes thru me.

We are basically specializing in two things: First one is fiber optic transceiver programming and software for this - which got pretty damn advanced desktop and web application. Hardware is also our design PCB + ARM firmware. Second thing is SaaS applications (web, mobile) for business clients.
    Sounds cool. I always wanted to learn some of that, on a hobby basis of course, but never really started except making a nintendo "fan site" (lol) at school. Never too late I guess.

Is it domestic(polish isnt it?) or more international?Your company that is. I would guess web development is extra hot these days like gaming cause of covid or is it just a natural increase? I would guess it would be either way. Tough competition?
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-06-26 at 05:40 AM.