Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    cant wait for worldwide wow :3
    somehow hots does it lag free when i play on american servers i believe wow can it do too :3

7+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean a shared WoW forum? Finally?

What can we expect due to this? Region merges due to lack of players? Removal of local prices?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Why did they wait 5 years after launch, long after the vast majority of players moved on from the game, to finally implement crossplay?
    Cause they want those players back and they think this will do it. I hope they are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    On the other end of the spectrum....Are they giving pc players the same aim assist that console players get? (I can't aim to save my life)
    No, aim assist is turned off for console players playing in PC lobbies.

I don't think it super matters, in Apex (the only game with crossplay I've experience with) the aim assist is so slight all it really does is help a PS/XB player compensate for slower reaction times. If you have bad aim it doesn't help at all. Seen videos, it's pretty negligable and spectated on my friend who plays on PS and I've never seen it make a difference lmao

IDK how good OW's aim assist is though. It might be stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Spears View Post
    I suppose it makes sense for a messaging system but their are rather large latency issues already... I can't see this extending to gameplay in anything but a negative manner. I suppose for Hearthstone it could work.
    the games from HiRez already are cross-region for a long time (or rather, you can play on whateer region you want, with a global friendlist) and there hasn't really been an issue for me playing on the US or others i know, be it in Smite, Paladins or Realm Royale.
    As long the netcode is good, there will be no issue. If you have crappy netcode, even playing in your own region can feel as if you play with 500ms instead of the shown 10ms, like Masters x Masters had (already long gone, for reasons like that)
    Blizzard is definitely on the side of having good multiplayer code, so i have no doubt it wouldn't really be an issue outside of maybe the highest levels of play, but those would probably not play in other regions anyways.

Does this mean the 200 friends limit on b-net will be extended? Assume someone has 200 friends on each server and they merge?

Nothing to do with losing millions of users per year every year for multiple years in a row with the rate only increasing and doing the region equivalent of a server merge i'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Nothing to do with losing millions of users per year every year for multiple years in a row with the rate only increasing and doing the region equivalent of a server merge i'm sure.
    Player numbers, MAUs etc. are all reported globally not region by region. So lol at you. Losing "millions of players per year" also lol, it is the lifecycle of a MMO.

Cool, love cross platform! I hope it’s like CoD WZ, where controller players play with controller player. That way as a PC player, I don’t need to worry about my console friends being matched with K&M players!

can we please have more than 200 friends now? why is an arbitrary number still imposed on us?

I hope this doesn't mean we'll all logon the same battlenet server. Cause we have loads of issues with that as it is - whenever there is a new something, battlenet gives up.

does this mean we see also WoW retail US players and Chinese players in EU PUG tool soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    does this mean we see also WoW retail US players and Chinese players in EU PUG tool soon?
    I think you missed the part where it says *excluding China.
    Last edited by THEORACLE64; 2021-06-10 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Does this mean a shared WoW forum? Finally?
    I doubt it. Nobody really reads EU forums, there are parts of it when there was never a blue post ever (like proffessions section). Can you imagine the workload from them if they combine forums? On EU I think they said they only have one person, on US you can see blues post for laugh and giggles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    I never got into Overwatch, is console vs PC that bad?
    ANY game pc beats console easily by miles due to flexibility of keyboard + mouse vs 8 buttons only gamepad, heck most serious competitive shooters on consoles buy a keyboard + mouse set for console (which makes u wonder why get a console then) to be able to play seriously
    Overwatch for example Farrah always had a high rank on console than PC because it is way harder to counter her with AA heroes on console, while pc u are slow moving target
    regardless i see that works only good on serious lvl for hearthstone, lag will effect any other game even hots (if they remember it in first place)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

LMAO fucking china man

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any friends.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I doubt it. Nobody really reads EU forums, there are parts of it when there was never a blue post ever (like proffessions section). Can you imagine the workload from them if they combine forums? On EU I think they said they only have one person, on US you can see blues post for laugh and giggles.
    And it frustrates me since feedback is literally ignored and has been for years. Only the US kids get their voices heard and then in turn catered to when the EU market is just as big. I stopped giving feedback ever since I figured out it was like talking to a wall. Didn't matter how technical or methodical you were, you had to get someone on the US forums to post it for you to even get a response.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I hope this doesn't mean we'll all logon the same battlenet server. Cause we have loads of issues with that as it is - whenever there is a new something, battlenet gives up.
    Like when they put COD on the launcher. BattleNet was down for days and you could not get into any of the other games at all.