(Survival Hunter)! New BIS ST legendary at 30% haste discovered!

After many tests i've discovered that Call of the Wild not only does slightly more dps in the Birds of Prey & Mongoose bite build compared to The Nessingwary's Lego that was considered to be the highest ST possible everywhere when tested a stand still dummy. But in addition it also give you much more flexibility a real fight scenario on top of giving you a 59 sec cd (47 with Born to be wild talented) on your Aspect of the eagle aswell.

NOTE: This is as long as you're Night Fae or Necrolord and as long as you also have practiced how to keep 100-95% coordinated assault uptime utilizing it. You must also run Alpha predator and make sure you avoid downtime with focus, which should be easy considering you have high haste and full COO Assault uptime.

!!Don't use Serpents sting while Under Coordinated Assault!!

Deadly Tandem
    without using the deadly tandem conduit you'll still be able to keep 100% coordinated assault uptime if hero/bloodlust is used but on the second round COO assault it might be down for a few seconds so you don't really need to slot it in instead of Spirit atunement for your third potency slot considering fight don't usually last that long anyway.

I recomend you try it out for yourself on the ptr if you don't believe me. I can't believe people don't know about this must be because it hasn't been recomended by Wowhead or icy.

HuntsmanG out!
    Last edited by Huntsmang; 2021-06-26 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsmang View Post
    After many tests i've discovered that Call of the Wild not only does slightly more dps in the Birds of Prey & Mongoose bite build compared to The Nessingwary's Lego that was considered to be the highest ST possible everywhere when tested a stand still dummy. But in addition it also give you much more flexibility a real fight scenario on top of giving you a 59 sec cd (47 with Born to be wild talented) on your Aspect of the eagle aswell.

NOTE: This is as long as you're Night Fae or Necrolord and as long as you also have practiced how to keep 100-95% coordinated assault uptime utilizing it. You must also run Alpha predator and make sure you avoid downtime with focus, which should be easy considering you have high haste and full COO Assault uptime.

!!Don't use Serpents sting while Under Coordinated Assault!!

Deadly Tandem
    without using the deadly tandem conduit you'll still be able to keep 100% coordinated assault uptime if hero/bloodlust is used but on the second round COO assault it might be down for a few seconds so you don't really need to slot it in instead of Spirit atunement for your third potency slot considering fight don't usually last that long anyway.

I recomend you try it out for yourself on the ptr if you don't believe me. I can't believe people don't know about this must be because it hasn't been recomended by Wowhead or icy.

HuntsmanG out!

Hello HunsmanG,

So I just spent whats admittedly a small number of pulls on PTR to test this and even as venthyr I can confirm this works with hero.

a few points

1) To get 30% haste I had to lose a ton of crit and 3 ilvl
    2) We lose WFB
    3) We lose Cluster
    4) Restricted movement and rotation with mongoose
    5) Does less damage ST

In my testing, the compromises needed to pull this off lead to a 500-800 dps loss. Now if I has the right gear and droped some verse I could see the dps loss being 200-500.

This may get better with higher haste and crit values.

However I dont see this being viable in virtually anything, you could not run this spec in M+ and since its a ST loss (in my limited testing) theres no reason to run it.

That being said, great find! Keep pushing the meta, do things different!

Quote Originally Posted by Rine View Post
    Hello HunsmanG,

So I just spent whats admittedly a small number of pulls on PTR to test this and even as venthyr I can confirm this works with hero.

a few points

1) To get 30% haste I had to lose a ton of crit and 3 ilvl
    2) We lose WFB
    3) We lose Cluster
    4) Restricted movement and rotation with mongoose
    5) Does less damage ST

In my testing, the compromises needed to pull this off lead to a 500-800 dps loss. Now if I has the right gear and droped some verse I could see the dps loss being 200-500.

This may get better with higher haste and crit values.

However I dont see this being viable in virtually anything, you could not run this spec in M+ and since its a ST loss (in my limited testing) theres no reason to run it.

That being said, great find! Keep pushing the meta, do things different!
    It would not be ideal for for venthyr as you'd be using gcd to not extend COOA. I would only recomend it above Nessingwary and other single target legos for single target fights and not in m+. Thanks for you feedback tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsmang View Post
    It would not be ideal for for venthyr as you'd be using gcd to not extend COOA. I would only recomend it above Nessingwary and other single target legos for single target fights and not in m+. Thanks for you feedback tho.
    That's a fair point. Ill def try again when I'm kyrian next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Rine View Post
    That's a fair point. Ill def try again when I'm kyrian next week!
    Good luck and let me know how it goes

Is Bastion not the new best covenant for Survival now? I am debating if I want to make the trouble of swapping over from Night Fae.

Quote Originally Posted by classicnguyen View Post
    Is Bastion not the new best covenant for Survival now? I am debating if I want to make the trouble of swapping over from Night Fae.
    Bloodmallet has done a huge update on survival hunter recomendation check it out, you might get a lead into what you want

https://bloodmallet.com/chart/hunter...stingpatchwerk