The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Oregon House of Representatives ousts Republican Rep. Mike Nearman

The Oregon House of Representatives ousted Republican Rep. Mike Nearman Thursday night, the first time in state history a sitting Oregon lawmaker has been expelled.
    The [vote] was 59-1, with the only vote against coming from Nearman himself. He showed no contrition during brief comments on the floor of the House.

Nearman was removed for the disorderly behavior of allowing rioters into the closed Capitol building during a special legislative session on Dec. 21, 2020.

His actions led to dozens of people — some armed and wearing body armor — gaining access to the Capitol, thousands of dollars in damage and six injured Salem and Oregon State police officers.
    Some welcome good news in the area of actually draining the swamp. Well done Oregon.

Good, he's a traitorous fuckstick who hates America and the United States Constitution.

My favorite part is that he lied to his colleagues about how he totes didn't plan and organize the whole thing, and then tried to complain about antifa.

Man, one day these guys will realize that there's a large contingent of people just like Nearman within their party, who have no issues lying to their own party and putting them at risk from extremists. As well as the police who are on-site to protect those members of Congress from extremists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most hilarious part is that he a number of times gave out a phone number "consisting of random numbers" to contact someone who could "hypothetically" open the locked door.
    Such a retarded cover-up reasoning since the number went to him and he being the one opening the locked door.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Yet he wasn't charged for any crimes.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Yet he wasn't charged for any crimes.
    That was back in Dec.
    A month ago;

Rep. Mike Nearman, criminally charged for opening Capitol to armed protesters, does not appear at 1st hearing

An attorney for Rep. Mike Nearman, R-Independence, spoke briefly with a judge at the Marion County Circuit Court Annex in Salem, but did not enter a plea on Nearman’s behalf. The attorney, Jason Short of Salem, had notified the court on Monday that Nearman would not be appearing.

The court scheduled a new hearing for June 29, and according to a release agreement, Nearman must appear in person or remotely. He is also not allowed to leave the state without permission from the court.

After a months-long investigation, Nearman was charged with official misconduct and criminal trespass, both misdemeanors.

10+ Year Old Account
    rather sure if I just didnt show up for a hearing, the judge would use it as reason to beat me with the book instead of throwing it at me.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Holy crap, so that's the threshold of supervillainous evil it takes for them to actually turn on someone. We finally found it.

When I first saw the footage of his lecture on How To Break Into The Capitol 101 (But totally not, wink wink) I was at a loss for words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Holy crap, so that's the threshold of supervillainous evil it takes for them to actually turn on someone. We finally found it.

When I first saw the footage of his lecture on How To Break Into The Capitol 101 (But totally not, wink wink) I was at a loss for words.
    No, they only turned on him because he was caught on Camera letting people in. Republicans don't care about evil....they only care when you get caught doing evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    After a months-long investigation, Nearman was charged with official misconduct and criminal trespass, both misdemeanors.
    That's it? That's all he's going to get? What an absolute joke. What about criminal conspiracy, felony murder and such?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    That's it? That's all he's going to get? What an absolute joke. What about criminal conspiracy, felony murder and such?
    This is for the invasion of the Oregon Capitol, not the US capitol, I don't think anyone died there in Oregon, but it is criminal conspiracy, considering he pretty much planned it for them on how to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    This is for the invasion of the Oregon Capitol, not the US capitol, I don't think anyone died there in Oregon, but it is criminal conspiracy, considering he pretty much planned it for them on how to get in.
    Oh...Had them invasions all mixed up. In truth I didn't even realize there were multiple of them by these nutheads lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Oh...Had them invasions all mixed up. In truth I didn't even realize there were multiple of them by these nutheads lol.
    Oh, I understand that, but if you talk to Republicans/Trump supporters, there was no invasion/insurrection, it was Antifa or BLM that did it or they claim that entire cities were burned down, even though at most it was 1 store or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Oh, I understand that, but if you talk to Republicans/Trump supporters, there was no invasion/insurrection, it was Antifa or BLM that did it or they claim that entire cities were burned down, even though at most it was 1 store or something along those lines.
    Let us not judge. Store, car and a trashcan might feel like an entire city for someone who uses one of these for home, one for transport, and one for getting groceries from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    No, they only turned on him because he was caught on Camera letting people in. Republicans don't care about evil....they only care when you get caught doing evil.
    Seeing how much they'll wave what they are doing as a good thing, its more the issue that it failed to achieve results rather than being caught.
    "You robbed the bank, did you get the money out? Yes, good, we'll cover for you. No? We'll let the cops drag you off."
    or
    I can suffer your treachery, lieutenant, but not your incompetence! Treachery requires no mistakes.
    -Megatron
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Seeing how much they'll wave what they are doing as a good thing, its more the issue that it failed to achieve results rather than being caught.
    "You robbed the bank, did you get the money out? Yes, good, we'll cover for you. No? We'll let the cops drag you off."
    or
    -Megatron
    Pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    To be clear, they only turned on him, not because he was caught on camera letting people in, but because he lied to them about also being on camera planning the whole thing. Not that he planned it, or got caught on camera, but because he lied about there being video evidence of him planning it:

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Planning and helping in an insurrection is ok, just don't lie about being involved. I guess that's the take away from this?