Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If all raids of BC were open directly after launch...

would all of them be cleared within the first ID? I remember a (Chinese?) guild that cleared BT in T3 gear. The only problems were bosses with high raid-wide damage (like Najentus water shield that did ~9k damage to all raid members).

Player knowledge and hardware >>>>>>>>>> character gear

So Kil'jaeden should be dead within three days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    would all of them be cleared within the first ID? I remember a (Chinese?) guild that cleared BT in T3 gear. The only problems were bosses with high raid-wide damage (like Najentus water shield that did ~9k damage to all raid members).

I highly doubt it. I'd think Sunwell would swallow up under geared players.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Propably yes.
    People allways say "no way to hard"
    But in the end it will be done anyway. Same with Ragnaros HC in cata LK HC in wotlk. Every last one of those will be dead the day it will be released.

Not by the normal player but there are always people who find a way to explot a mechanic (in a blizz-conform way) to clear content. Especially if these bosses are as simple as the BC bosses. SO i don't see a reason why it wouldn't be cleared week one.

Probably they would be cleared, and the game would be much worse off from it.

Not all. I think people would make it pretty far into some of the T5 and T6 content before hitting some DPS checks that just are not possible without gear. The down side would be that since they could get gear from the bosses they did manage to do it would make it trivial to get the gear needed for said DPS checks.

An interesting part would be, also, that if you made all raids available you would have to make MGT and all the accompanying isle content available also. MGT gave some decent epics from what I remember. I think the same is true for the isle quest chain and the rep especially.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think due to gear limitations Sunwell would be the only raid to survive the first lockout personally

2nd week sure, not really an option for the first week. Time constraints with leveling, rep, attunements, and the like just wouldn't happen.

Sunwell content for week one is just a math issue, as tanks and/or raid would die from damage on brutallus or not make enrage timer.
    The guilds that cleared Sunwell early had a pretty good idea what was going on, and had also farmed BT+hyjal for over 8 months.

You'll also have boss strategies and mods ready to go. We were giving our data and logs to the boss mods' authors as we were pulling. It's pretty cumbersome throwing your time away watching the stopwatch to figure out the cooldown for abilities and sequences.

Fresh server (ideally tournament realm atmosphere) where you could just get naxx/vanilla from a vendor on a 70 to see just how quickly it could be done would be neat. Also set a character limit of say 35 total to prevent alt raids and tier funneling.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Propably yes.
    But in the end it will be done anyway. Same with Ragnaros HC in cata LK HC in wotlk. Every last one of those will be dead the day it will be released.
    Because people wear the best possible gear for that level of content. The reason people smashed the first tier on TBC Classic launch day is because they were wearing the best possible gear from the previous tier. A lot of those items are still BiS.

They don't have the luxury to get the best gear from the previous tier for T6 if T4, T5 and T6 launch on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    I think due to gear limitations Sunwell would be the only raid to survive the first lockout personally
    Yes. I think anything that is mathematically possible would be cleared and even 1 shot by all the tippy top guilds. With super skill and super computers, the only hurdle is the numbers you can put out.

its highly unlikely that you would get attuned in week 1 to everything. I'm pretty sure you can't summon nightbane in week 1 which means you can't get attuned to SSC in week 1. hell the game was still bugged, the loot chest after chess didn't even spawn for my before reset pug. didn't seem as though there was much effort put into ppl pushing week 1 clears. bunch of ppl got saved to grull and kara, a lot didn't too. not getting loot from the bits you do clear, among the other bugs, yeah probably no. you wouldn't do it all in a week. ppl saying it would all get cleared up to sunwell aren't even playing the game, you wouldn't get attuned in week 1.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-06-10 at 02:37 PM.

Sunwell would not be doable in my opinion.

I do not think the DPS check on Brutallus is possible in full T3
    I do not thing the DPS check on Muru is possible in full T3

I think Felmyst is doable, if u stack mages and have good RNG (iceblocking the main ability so u dont have to heal it)

But yeah... I would bet money on Sunwell not being doable with T3 dps numbers

10+ Year Old Account
    Up to muru everythin would been cleared EXTREMLY fast probably.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Let's say a guild cleared them all up in 24 hours. I would still be having fun in TBC. Which ultimately is all I care about. When that stops then back to FFXIV.

Most definitely. I seriously can't comprehend the lure to defeat content that is 15 years old nor do I find it impressive. Its not much unlike predicting last year's Superbowl winner.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Propably yes.

Not by the normal player but there are always people who find a way to explot a mechanic (in a blizz-conform way) to clear content. Especially if these bosses are as simple as the BC bosses. SO i don't see a reason why it wouldn't be cleared week one.
    Honestly, 25m HLK might be the only one that doesn't get down first reset out of all of this. Not because he's overly difficult, but because you had to clear normal first before opening heroic in Wrath and also the wipe limit for the instance.

Sunwell would be an issue almost more from a damage taken rather than dps output issue (Lots of fights in Sunwell do a ton of damage, and full t3, or t3+ craftables+drops might not have enough stamina to survive everything). Brutallus might have the DPS, Muru Unlikely. The damage taken from Eredar Twins and Felmyst would likely be an issue with the gear people would have access to.

Everything before sunwell should be easily doable, especially considering they wont have to contend with the initial iterations of certain fights (Vashj,Kael, Astromancer, Mother Shahrazz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I haven't done the math but I'd assume it becomes a matter of gear and not skill. So probably not.

Top guilds would be split raiding more than retail to equip one raid team for sunwell. The only limit to clearing it all is time, not gear.

Depends on the arbitrary constraints you wish to put on the group that is doing the world first runs, if they have access to infinite transmutes, cloth cds and so forth, then you'd see incredibly stacked fights on an encounter by encounter basis, there isn't a single fight in the game that can't be downed with 17 dps doing 1600-2000 DPS, which is completely doable by week 2 if you assume they have the resources to build so many crafted sets etc.

I believe this was confirmed to be speculation without proof, all we had was a screen shot of people dancing in front of Illidan's corpse and it's likely some of the raid put on their T3 for mog purposes. They had 2 months from launch to attune and kill Illidan iirc.
    However, let's say they did kill Illidan with a few pieces of T3. They had access to boss kill videos by then so it's feasible they knew the strats long before pulling it, kind of like today.
    Seeing how fast tanks get deleted in T4 raids right now without gear beyond T3, I highly doubt anything past T5 would be cleared within the first week. I don't care how good you are, any tank can get parry thrashed and deleted right now.
    Later on we may see the return of 25 level 18 Warlocks outside Sunwell to Soul Stone entire raids but I really hope not, disgusting gameplay.