Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Some of these grinds could use danger

Was doing kyrian callings for path of ascension, and realized its much more of a chore then it needs to be. The low reward count is one thing (3-5 attempts per calling? Come on blizz), but what really made it sour was how boring world quests are.

Content that's meant to be infinitely repeatable should at least be a tiny bit challenging so you won't feel total boredom.
    Something along timeless isle, or low torghast layers, just so you actually need to play and mobs don't fall over on themselves would make the outdoors much more compelling.

Thoughts?

I don't think they can add any challenge to the world content which would not hurt world players and would not be boring at the same time.

Edit: Besides "fun" quests like puzzle/floating quests in Legion/BfA or Jumping quests in SL. I like those
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2021-05-28 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    Was doing kyrian callings for path of ascension, and realized its much more of a chore then it needs to be. The low reward count is one thing (3-5 attempts per calling? Come on blizz), but what really made it sour was how boring world quests are.

Content that's meant to be infinitely repeatable should at least be a tiny bit challenging so you won't feel total boredom.
    Something along timeless isle, or low torghast layers, just so you actually need to play and mobs don't fall over on themselves would make the outdoors much more compelling.

Thoughts?
    I agree with you, but most people don't. People generally react very negatively to anything that inconveniences them - the Maw is a perfect example of that, I think. Actually War Mode might be even better, even with the increased rewards and the extra abilities a lot of people choose safety instead. Anyway, content that's always the same, with guaranteed wins and no chance to fail stops being interesting to me after the first time I've done it, so if I had my way the entire game would have more random elements and I think it'd be a lot better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    I agree with you, but most people don't. People generally react very negatively to anything that inconveniences them - the Maw is a perfect example of that,
    Maws problem is that is boring and dull as hell - I guess that is the point. Very visually not stimulating with mobs having one or two abilities. It's too small and there is nothing to explore there.
    If it was 3 times the size and more points of interest than Unique Mob - it could change my mind, but now, there is absolutely nothing interesting there after doing it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    I agree with you, but most people don't. People generally react very negatively to anything that inconveniences them - the Maw is a perfect example of that, I think. Actually War Mode might be even better, even with the increased rewards and the extra abilities a lot of people choose safety instead. Anyway, content that's always the same, with guaranteed wins and no chance to fail stops being interesting to me after the first time I've done it, so if I had my way the entire game would have more random elements and I think it'd be a lot better for it.
    I think the issue with warmode is the nature of world pvp in general. Either one side is drastically more powerful then the other ( ie horde currently) and it turns into a one sided slaughter or you incentivize it and you get the alliance raid group farming kills for free gear.

Pvp servers existed for a reason and war mode isn't an effective substitute for it.

Thoughts?
    Problem is challenging and boring - are subjective things. This is real reason, why we need outdoor content difficulty level. Because somebody could call it boring, but I prefer routine, relaxing and meditative gameplay. Challenge causing me to constantly "stumble" and "unsettle". And I just hate it. This is real reason, why I'm unsubbed now.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

PVP in general needs an upgrade no matter what, I feel this.

5+ Year Old Account

Thoughts?
    Agreed, but the bigger problem is that world quests are just worthless to begin with. If you're not interested in Anima (cuz you don't like the mogs and stuff ) world quests just offer nothing of value.

They are making Thorgast more exciting though, if you perform well you get access to the extra vaults where you can get socket/conduit upgrades.

Thoughts?
    Callings aren't the only source. You get them from chests that are active during the callings, rares, and anima conductor rares/treasures. I switched from kyrian to night fae 2 months in and had several hundred path entrance tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Agreed, but the bigger problem is that world quests are just worthless to begin with. If you're not interested in Anima (cuz you don't like the mogs and stuff ) world quests just offer nothing of value.

They are making Thorgast more exciting though, if you perform well you get access to the extra vaults where you can get socket/conduit upgrades.
    "Stop forcing us to do world content we don't like!"
    "Ok, world content will just have cosmetics!"
    "Why is world content so worthless?!"
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by tixex View Post
    PVP in general needs an upgrade no matter what, I feel this.
    its been getting more atention in the past few expansions than it has since tbc,but i just wish it would slow down more wile also limiting healing longevity,that would make it so actual combat takes longer with no crazy 1 shots,but limiting healing would make it so figths dont go on forever

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Callings aren't the only source. You get them from chests that are active during the callings, rares, and anima conductor rares/treasures. I switched from kyrian to night fae 2 months in and had several hundred path entrance tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

"Stop forcing us to do world content we don't like!"
    "Ok, world content will just have cosmetics!"
    "Why is world content so worthless?!"
    Yeah it's almost as if not everybody thinks the same way. I enjoyed relevant world quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    danger only exists in tedium. making something more tedious in a failed attempt to be dangerous just makes the game more boring than it already is.

reduce the quest objectives and increase the rewards to compensate for the "difficulty" increase. otherwise, it just becomes an even more boring slog.

put danger on the named targets in quests.. leave the trash simple, reduce their density (while allowing faster respawns when necessary) and increase rewards in the drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

i think gating solo rewards behind (almost) mandatory group forming is not a good idea.

you would end with 2 choices:
    do it solo and get frustrated that mobs scaled for groups oneshot you as a dps while the tank in guildchat complains how easy it is.
    or
    form a party and it is the same as before, just in a group.

to make if dangerous for a group would mean scaling it to m+ level of damage, which would completely remove any option for doing it solo, effectively just moving it from solo content to group content.

WoD actually had a somewhat decent solution: the daily zones for Apexis.
    and while the currency was useless, the idea of choosing the degree of difficulty was nice.

people will ALWAYS find ways to make things easy.
    remember legion and the grouping for free-for-all PvP areas?
    the community would slam a square block through a round hole before they accepted inconvenient design.
    and for most "danger" means "inconvenient"
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yeah it's almost as if not everybody thinks the same way. I enjoyed relevant world quests.
    Yeah. The problem is so many people are so self centered that they can't deal with things not tailored to themselves. I noticed that word "relevant". Even that is open to interpretation. I got a dozen mounts and pets, several toys, and dozens of transmog from anima that some people wouldn't call relevant.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah. The problem is so many people are so self centered that they can't deal with things not tailored to themselves. I noticed that word "relevant". Even that is open to interpretation. I got a dozen mounts and pets, several toys, and dozens of transmog from anima that some people wouldn't call relevant.
    Relevant means player power. Relevant to progression.

Artifact power, chance at item lvl upgrade through titanforging. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Challenge" is a concept that's misunderstood a lot in world play. You've got skill and gear levels that vary widely and class capabilities that make some things much easier for some than others. It's always going to be a lowest-common-denominator thing. If you want challenge take off enough gear to lower ilevel by 25%.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Thoughts?
    So you want to take something that is already (By your own admission) a chore, and make it more difficult?

Now i'm no game designer, but wouldn't that just make it a more annoying chore?

That's leaving out gear levels, quests that were somewhat challenging at release are now outgeared to the point of being trivial, how would you make those challenging without making them impossible to fresh level-60s and/or completely destroying the feeling of gear progression?

Get rid of WQ. Give Factions competetive gear as rewards again for the patch they have been introduced in. Let us farm rep in the corresponding instances again.
    Put certain glyphs for unused slots in there as well.
    No tabard rep as this just forces everybody to run one instance over and over and over for every rep.

Basically go back to the TBC rep model. Best they ever had.

You don't need danger to make it interesting. Grinds are by nature repetetive any kinda boring. Neverending grinds are just pure and utter shit and always will be.
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2021-06-11 at 09:10 AM.

Thanks, I pass. It's tedious enough to do the always repeating quests with just four chars (for the covenant rewards), I really don't need any challenge there that would make them take even more time. The current world quest design is bad enough.

And apart from that I like easy repetitive tasks to a certain degree, one, two hours of simple world quest tasks that you can complete while watching some netflix help me relax after work.

Just wish MORE WQs were up whenever you get a calling. Give you a choice which 3/4 you bash out from say TEN available, not 5/6.