Thread: Euro 2020

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Fuck me, this is the dumbest hot take ever.

‘Yeah, man. People are being racist because they’re tired of not being racist and being systematically accused of being racist’.
    Fixed that for you. Every action breeds a reaction. If you're being made to repent for being racist for no reason, they may as well give them a reason. Not that I follow this kind of philosophy or condone racism, I don't think a person's colour should have any bearing on their lives and treatment they receive. I'm just saying the whole racial abuse thing may not have been a thing if it wasn't for the kneeling clown festival and Southgate's attempt at writing new black history by giving the last 3 penalties to black players. They would still get abused after failing their shots, except I doubt the main focus would be their race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are stopping the race discussions and excuses for racism right now

If anyone was curious like I was. Per sample size, this tourney was horrible for PKs shooters. Not sure if it was lack of practice with covid and all the restrictions or maybe it's always been a crapshoot (but 96 is a good sample size to 20 with less games), but next tourney every team should work on them more I guess. Hopefully there isn't a typo, I think we're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Fixed that for you. Every action breeds a reaction. If you're being made to repent for being racist for no reason, they may as well give them a reason. Not that I follow this kind of philosophy or condone racism, I don't think a person's colour should have any bearing on their lives and treatment they receive. I'm just saying the whole racial abuse thing may not have been a thing if it wasn't for the kneeling clown festival and Southgate's attempt at writing new black history by giving the last 3 penalties to black players. They would still get abused after failing their shots, except I doubt the main focus would be their race.
    Still makes no sense. 'I became racist because people said I was'. SURE.

Furthermore, saying that he tried to 'rewrite black history' is woefully ignorant of you. It's downright pathetic in fact.

But I'll respect the moderators' request and leave it at that. Putting you on ignore, because...do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWash89 View Post
    From Italy

You can try next time england!

Btw, maybe next time a little less "arrogant" is better. "it's coming home" lel.

But you can see the cup, you can fly here, to Rome.

Have good time guys.
    Ye another person that has never actually listened to the lyrics but then calls English fans arrogant for singing it? It's actually too funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    From Italy

Btw, maybe next time a little less "arrogant" is better. "it's coming home" lel.

Have good time guys.
    *cough* Try qualifying for the WC next time.

Southgate needs to develop tactically. The team spirit he has got on point, the lads are really sticking together and you can see them enjoying it. But tactically he is inferior to the top national coaches. He will most likely learn, I mean semifinal and final back to back can only be good foundations for success. They have the spirit and they have the capability to grind out the wins (could perhaps be the most important thing for winning) and here comes the mental part in aswell. Now they should start destroying opponents more to put games out of reach, the quality is there for sure so I guess its more a managerial aspect. They carved Italy open in the beginning and I was scared that the game would be over far too quickly.

Italy had both the spirit and the tactical aspects. One could argue that France were weak tactically, but I would argue that the internal issues there were too big aswell. They wouldn't have sticked together in bigger games against more ruthless oppositions. Then we have the Netherlands that lacked both against Czech and we all know how that went.

I didn't think I would have felt this sorry for the English lads. I especially feel for little Saka. The abuse against the three penalty takers is absurd, luckily I have also seen a lot of support! I have seen the majority being proud of the team which is nice. I wouldn't mind seeing these players lift an international trophy in the future (not on the expense of the Netherlands hehe)!

This whole England-must-lose spectacle added with the idiots' actions to the loss and the nation's huge expectations, has really made me to focus on the loss for England instead of the win for Italy. Perhaps it would do me good to look at the joy in the Italian team instead, I mean Chiellini lifting the trophy is not a bad ending to a tournament, is it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    No, non sei l'unico/a.

On topic: Both teams (England and Italy) positively surprised me in the tournament. I didn't think one of them would reach the finals before the Euro started. Congrats to both of them!
    This I like! Congratulating both on reaching the final. Few players get to play a final of this standard. It's difficult to enjoy a silver's medal when you lose it but I guess the players can find joy in them later. One of the English players (I think Philips) kissed the medal when he received it, which shows good mentality and sportsmanship.

One thing that is better with the Olympics for example, is that you can really see the athletes enjoying being second.

When Germany got silver in the Winter Olympics 2018 in ice hockey (no NHL players that year), they smiled and enjoyed it. Would be nice to see this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    And Italy got slaughted, GZ Brits for the Titel.
    It came home!
    This post certainly didn't age well LMAO

Grats, Italy. 34 games unbeaten, 180° volte face from 2018, Mancini deserved a trophy. Some of Southgate's substitutions were questionable -

As for badly-behaved English fans... well, over the last 30 years, hooliganism on the continent has been a far greater problem than hooliganism in England. So, I suggest those throwing stones (literally or figuratively) should take a good, long, hard look.

Here's something to cheers us all up. Can't post pic, as I'm a shit-posting burner obvs, but here's the link (someone else repost please):

www bbc co uk / news / uk-england-manchester-57806142

The defacement of Rashford's mural covered covered by supportive messages.

The point is that a *minority* of *all* football fans are cunts, but the majority aren't.

The odd thing about the "Three Lions" apparent arrogance, is that I really don't know any football chants that are filled with humility.

Who Sings, "We're not gonna win the cup" or "Several teams in London, we're one of several teams in London" ? I don't expect that 90% of you have been to a real live match from what you post but can you quote here some of your humble football chants?

Football chants by their nature are arrogant or boastful no?

I admit I have been to only about 20 games outside of England so Id be interested to hear what the humble chants in the English hating community sound like.

And as others have stated listen to the damn words, have an educated opinion, rather than the picture I have of you of a pitchfork wielding peasant at Frankenstein's front door.
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2021-07-12 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    looks like I'm the only italian on mmo-champion :\
    You aren't <3

As an Italian who is also an Anglophile I was torn.
    I wanted them both to win.

Venimus Vidimus Vicimus

Edit: I saw that mural and how they covered it. Well done to them.
    Here is the repost:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-57806142
    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2021-07-12 at 10:19 PM.

From Italy

Have good time guys.
    Thanks for the invite, I'm about to eat some pineapple pizza, then afterwards you're invited to eat my shit. Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    The above post is the essence of the vast majority of online English supporters I've encountered. Unbelievably rude, hypocritical and arrogant. Not saying everyone is like that, but so far this has been my experience with these people. For example, they are still going on about Chiellini. These people need to open up a rulebook and maybe then they realise that the yellow was correctly given.

The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one. And you my friends have a serious attitude problem.

I do not really believe in karma, but these things tend to hit you like a boomerang.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-07-13 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    The above post is the essence of the vast majority of online English supporters I've encountered. Unbelievably rude, hypocritical and arrogant. Not saying everyone is like that, but so far this has been my experience with these people. For example, they are still going on about Chiellini. These people need to open up a rulebook and maybe then they realise that the yellow was correctly given.

The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one. And you my friends have a serious attitude problem.

I do not really believe in karma, but these things tend to hit you like a boomerang.
    You're wrong. The 'vast' majority of football fans aren't that toxic. They'll watch the match at a pub or at home or with friends. Depending on how things go, they'll either celebrate or have a few drinks and moan about it. Some will write a like worthy post on social media, and that's it.

There will be a small minority of fans that will either be bitter or toxic about it on or off social media. Those are the ones you see, because naturally, they're the problem point. I'm English, and I'm surrounded by English people given I live in England. Most 'fans' are nothing like that guy.

Most 'fans' are more disturbed at the pathetic behaviour of these minority bad actors, who then racially abuse the country's players when things go wrong. People are decent. They'll stand up for what's right. That said, the loud minority need to be looked at and dealt with accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post

If anyone was curious like I was. Per sample size, this tourney was horrible for PKs shooters. Not sure if it was lack of practice with covid and all the restrictions or maybe it's always been a crapshoot (but 96 is a good sample size to 20 with less games), but next tourney every team should work on them more I guess. Hopefully there isn't a typo, I think we're good.
    I think with the new rules for keepers needing to keep a foot on the line, that they've been practicing saving them more. Because they're getting saved, rather than being missed. At the start of the season, so many were being retaken for that, but I don't think a single one was during the tournament.

Every day that England loses is a good day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Every day that England loses is a good day.
    Must be exhausting having to follow seven or eight different teams in a tournament and being let down time and time again.

Anyway, this thread has run its course, thank you to all who took part and kept it civil. See you all next year for tue Qatar World Cup!
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.