Thread: Euro 2020

Page 1 of 97
... LastLast

Euro 2020

How come there is no thread open, yet? Guys, come on.

Tomorrow it's ON!

Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was going to make it at midnight for the start of the tournament but you beat me to it!

Get your predictions in on the following!

Winners:
    Runners up:
    Golden Boot:
    Golden Glove:
    Player of the Tournament:
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2021-06-10 at 07:51 PM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I'm expecting Sweden to go out of the group stage unfortunately

its coooming hommmeee

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Was going to make it at midnight for the start of the tournament but you beat me to it!

Get your predictions in on the following!

Winners:
    Runners up:
    Third place:
    Golden Boot:
    Golden Glove:
    Player of the Tournament:
    I dont think they do 3 place play off (cuz who cares?)
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2021-06-10 at 07:18 PM.

I am not gonna make any predictions but I think the favorites are clear; Belgium, England, Spain, Portugal and France followed by Netherlands and Italy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    I dont think they do 3 place play off (cuz who cares?)
    Huh, TIL. Apparently the only international tournament that doesn't.

Huh, TIL. Apparently the only international tournament that doesn't.
    It's pretty new I think, one or two tournaments. But they're right, nobody cares about the third place. And honestly, I don't think any team wants to play for it, either. If you miss on the final, what else you got to play for?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think France will win. England to go out on penalties in the semis.

Winners: France
    Runners up: Portugal
    Golden Boot: Bruno
    Golden Glove:
    Player of the Tournament: Bruno
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2021-06-11 at 11:55 AM.

I have had a really difficult time guessing who wins it but our state news channel has a competition where you can put your guessed scorelines and you get points. The program calculates the knock out stage and from there it is was only to choose one nation per matchup and I ended up with France as the winner there so I'll go with that (and Portugal as runners up)!

The Netherlands made it to the semifinal there, one can only dream... For the fellow Netherlands supporters, even though I'm from Finland I have cheered on the Netherlands since 2008 and support them with my whole heart! Well now I obviously got to cheer for Finland aswell but hopefully they don't meet

Golden Boot: Depay
    Golden Glove: Do they have this and is it for most clean sheets? Ahh fuck it, Neuer even though Germany's defence is shite.
    Player of the Tournament: Frenkie De Jong

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Think France will win. England to go out on penalties in the semis.

Golden Boot: Bruno
    Golden Glove:
    Player of the Tournament: Bruno
    I was thinking Fernandes too for golden boot, then realised Ronaldo is not gonna let him near pens or free kicks

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice offensive football byt Italy. Nothing I remember them as, at least not this level.
    Lovely
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Nice one, Italy!

pretty easy for italy, they desperately need to practice set pieces. Those corners and free kicks were shockingly poor.

Immobile over 1 shot, over 2.5 goals and italy to win! lets fucking go. now i can lose my profits on wales tommorow.

Alright game, Switzerland should have won by a couple

I might have to start watching in a language I don't understand if savage commentates a lot. It's like he's watching a badminton match. Surely they gave him a tryout and noticed how bad he is, it feels like he forgets every single football match he has ever seen before every game he's involved in

*Snip*

Let's not.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2021-06-12 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is truly scary shit. There was a close up on him seconds before and he just looked tired, then completely collapsed.

Hoping the best for him, but this doesn't look good.

This is truly scary shit. There was a close up on him seconds before and he just looked tired, then completely collapsed.

Hoping the best for him, but this doesn't look good.
    They should turn the cameras off which are on the pitch and go to the studio. At least stop focusing on what was going on, the public didn't need to see the CPR efforts or distraught players and his wife.

This is pretty horrifying to watch. I really bloody hope he is ok but that looks awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They should turn the cameras off which are on the pitch and go to the studio. At least stop focusing on what was going on, the public didn't need to see the CPR efforts or distraught players and his wife.
    Agreed, when the players started shielding him, whoever the film crew is for the tournament should take the hint and stop. Tell the national services you're cutting back to the studio in 30 seconds.