Thread: Euro 2020

Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    We know UEFA, and even worse FIFA, are two faced and hypocritical. I was asking you about your support for their excuse in your original reply.
    I'm seeing it in a different way. I'm like, not engaging at all on that specific discussion in this specific moment. I don't feel it's the appropriate place to discuss it and that's why I support UEFA in this. There's plenty of other avenues available to discuss the topic. Can we like... Take a break and not remind us how horrible we all are for 90 minutes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    I'm seeing it in a different way. I'm like, not engaging at all on that specific discussion in this specific moment. I don't feel it's the appropriate place to discuss it and that's why I support UEFA in this. There's plenty of other avenues available to discuss the topic. Can we like... Take a break and not remind us how horrible we all are for 90 minutes?
    How about just not be horrible and not ignore people being horrible and let them carry on being horrible. Because they will do so in that 90 minutes, and more.

How about just not be horrible and not ignore people being horrible and let them carry on being horrible. Because they will do so in that 90 minutes, and more.
    Qatar 2022 is going to be fun for you!

Quite looking forward to tonight now that England are through on maths. Now I can spend all game working out all the different possibilities for opponents. I'm hoping 1st or 3rd, which assuming Germany and France both win puts us in the side of the bracket that'll have Germany and Wales in it. My hope is that Englands route to the final would be Netherlands>Wales>Germany>final>loljk who am I kidding we're not seeing the final.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Quite looking forward to tonight now that England are through on maths. Now I can spend all game working out all the different possibilities for opponents. I'm hoping 1st or 3rd, which assuming Germany and France both win puts us in the side of the bracket that'll have Germany and Wales in it. My hope is that Englands route to the final would be Netherlands>Wales>Germany>final>loljk who am I kidding we're not seeing the final.
    It is technically possible to get to the final without scoring a goal, but our record on penalties would also seem to rule that out too.

The political stance is that they're backing Hungary ahead of their own movements like Equal Game, Respect, and movements like Rainbow Laces that they've actively supported elsewhere. So how can they support it as a non-political movement when these countries aren't involved, yet when they do, suddenly its political and should never be seen in game?
    You're being narrow minded here.

Wearing pride bands, waving rainbow flags, etc. All these things are fine by UEFA, because those things are clearly for the greater good. Promotion of rights, etc. They're happening all the time, regardless of the matchup. Therefore not politically motivated.

UEFA has a clear stance against homophobia. To assume anything else is inane.

Now, the problem with coloring the stadium in rainbow colors is not that it's pro or anti gay. It's that it's an active protest against Hungary and the laws they make. Thus, political.

Why wasn't the stadium against France already colored? It's so obvious that German politicians are using this as a stunt and not as a genuine gesture pro LGBTQ. It's good that UEFA doesn't allow it. Keep politics out of football.
    Last edited by Tsarez; 2021-06-22 at 04:02 PM.

There's talks about pulling the final off Wembley due to the delta variant in the UK.
    It sort of makes sense to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarez View Post
    You're being narrow minded here.

Wearing pride bands, waving rainbow flags, etc. All these things are fine by UEFA, because those things are clearly for the greater good. Promotion of rights, etc. They're happening all the time, regardless of the matchup. Therefore not politically motivated.

UEFA has a clear stance against homophobia. To assume anything else is inane.

Now, the problem with coloring the stadium in rainbow colors is not that it's pro or anti gay. It's that it's an active protest against Hungary and the laws they make. Thus, political.

Why wasn't the stadium against France already colored? It's so obvious that German politicians are using this as a stunt and not as a genuine gesture pro LGBTQ. It's good that UEFA doesn't allow it. Keep politics out of football.
    yes, but shes not being narrowminded. shes being a low information ideologically possessed useful idiot for the ideological subversion from the LGBTQ movement. (useful idiot is a label, not a pejorative btw, its a commonly accepted label within fifth generational warfare).

they are NOT for the greater good. they are for pushing a extreme political agenda fueled by marxist ideology. its political to the highest degree. that the LGBTQ MOVEMENT has been infiltrated by marxist ideology is well known, well established and well recorded.

thats why its meeting such strong pushback from everyone except the subverted groups since everyone who payed attention in school know the guaranteed outcome of marxism.

this has NOTHING to do with homophobia, thats simply a master suppression technique to bypass, deflect and disarm criticism.

hungary is NOT against LGBTQ movement because of homophobia, but because of their EXTENSIVE and MASSIVE first hand experience with communism and marxist doctrines. THATS what they are against. nothing else.

she is born and raised in a western country with zero experience with communism and its horrors. and consequently subverted into this ideology.

being AGAINST political indoctrination in a sport event is NOT political. its trying to keep politics OUT of euro2020. pushing for political propaganda and publicity for only ONE political group is extremism.

if you allow the woke marxist ideology pushed through the LGBTQ movement you must by default also admit political propaganda for any other ideology, even those you personally dont like. thats how it works. shes just trying to reframe the issue to fit her own personal ideological narrative and agenda.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2021-06-22 at 05:58 PM.

And that's why politics <-----------> sport
    Last edited by Cringefest; 2021-06-22 at 04:34 PM.

That's why politics <-----------> sport
    look at the state of that. Your pal eh?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    look at the state of that. Your pal eh?
    Shocking.

Seriously? You get to the conclusion that I must agree to that rubbish above simply because I think that politics and sport shouldn't mix?

You guys are edgy. Relax.

- - - Updated - - -

Once the political debate turns back into something reasonable maybe, but as it is now you only attract extremes. 90 minutes without having idiots talking about shit no one cares about really. Is it too much to ask?

Considering that the Euros has seen teams refuse to travel for games due to Franco not wanting his team going to the USSR, and a winner that was subbed in because the original qualifying team was experiencing a civil war, arguments over armbands and lights are pretty low key. If an idiot wants to stand on a soapbox and rant about how the commies are coming to get us let him. At least he's doing it online and not at a game, where he'd probably only end up bothering medical staff after getting punched in the face.

Considering that the Euros has seen teams refuse to travel for games due to Franco not wanting his team going to the USSR, and a winner that was subbed in because the original qualifying team was experiencing a civil war, arguments over armbands and lights are pretty low key. If an idiot wants to stand on a soapbox and rant about how the commies are coming to get us let him. At least he's doing it online and not at a game, where he'd probably only end up bothering medical staff after getting punched in the face.
    wasnt there drama about Mkhitaryan getting to baku not that long ago lmao. 'KeEp PoliTics oUt oF sPorT'

Anyway Kane to actually score a goal tonight. Im thinking England win + Kane 1+shot + 2+ cards. Time to lose some money

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wasnt there drama about Mkhitaryan getting to baku not that long ago lmao. 'KeEp PoliTics oUt oF sPorT'
    So you agree, politics and sports shouldn't mix?

- - - Updated - - -

At least he's doing it online and not at a game,
    Agreed *spits on hand*

So you agree, politics and sports shouldn't mix?
    The point was that you can't. International border disputes aren't really within UEFAs realm of experience, and even if they were, international border disputes are definitely political.

The point was that you can't. International border disputes aren't really within UEFAs realm of experience, and even if they were, international border disputes are definitely political.
    What UEFA can do is making sure they regulate it in within UEFA though. If fans decide to do whatever, there's consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaile View Post
    yes, but shes not being narrowminded. shes being a low information ideologically possessed useful idiot for the ideological subversion from the LGBTQ movement. (useful idiot is a label, not a pejorative btw, its a commonly accepted label within fifth generational warfare).

they are NOT for the greater good. they are for pushing a extreme political agenda fueled by marxist ideology. its political to the highest degree. that the LGBTQ MOVEMENT has been infiltrated by marxist ideology is well known, well established and well recorded.

thats why its meeting such strong pushback from everyone except the subverted groups since everyone who payed attention in school know the guaranteed outcome of marxism.

this has NOTHING to do with homophobia, thats simply a master suppression technique to bypass, deflect and disarm criticism.

hungary is NOT against LGBTQ movement because of homophobia, but because of their EXTENSIVE and MASSIVE first hand experience with communism and marxist doctrines. THATS what they are against. nothing else.

she is born and raised in a western country with zero experience with communism and its horrors. and consequently subverted into this ideology.

being AGAINST political indoctrination in a sport event is NOT political. its trying to keep politics OUT of euro2020. pushing for political propaganda and publicity for only ONE political group is extremism.

if you allow the woke marxist ideology pushed through the LGBTQ movement you must by default also admit political propaganda for any other ideology, even those you personally dont like. thats how it works. shes just trying to reframe the issue to fit her own personal ideological narrative and agenda.
    Wow, did you copy paste all of that from Parlor?

What UEFA can do is making sure they regulate it in within UEFA though. If fans decide to do whatever, there's consequences.
    UEFA asking fans to ignore the fact that their nation is close to war with that of one of the players is nice and all, but it doesn't really give that player much reassurance that they will be kept safe. This was a situation where the local authorities couldn't necessarily be trusted, since it was the local government that was opposed to the player's nation.

It'd be nice to live in fantasy sports land, where all the worries of the world disappear because two teams are having a game of football, but that isn't reality.

Even two teams coming together to have a game when their nations are at odds is political, it is in itself an anti-war statement. Teams with differing views on something like LGBT rights playing each other is an acknowledgment that their values are at least close enough to play the game. If their views were far enough apart, one or both of the teams would refuse the match.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2021-06-22 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaile View Post

You talk about political propaganda a lot, but the simple fact of the matter is a lot of normal people (without any agenda) are getting sick to death of cunts being allowed to be cunts openly in public, just because somebody is a different race/religion/sexual orientation, all things that have zero effect on their personal day to day lives, but still feel they have a right to comment on. It is nothing political it is common human decency.

Sure we cant stop them when they are at home or with like minded people, but out in public it needs to be stamped on hard as unacceptable behaviour, being quiet about it hasn't worked.

Getting back to the Football, I hope Gareth has a tactile epiphany tonight and England start playing forwards and getting the ball into dangerous area's ! but I wont hold my breath

UEFA asking fans to ignore the fact that their nation is close to war with that of one of the players is nice and all, but it doesn't really give that player much reassurance that they will be kept safe. This was a situation where the local authorities couldn't necessarily be trusted, since it was the local government that was opposed to the player's nation.

It'd be nice to live in fantasy sports land, where all the worries of the world disappear because two teams are having a game of football, but that isn't reality.

Even two teams coming together to have a game when their nations are at odds is political, it is in itself an anti-war statement.
    Well that's a bit of an extreme is it. I mean it's not that often that two nations are at war or close to. We're talking about colouring the stadium rainbow to counter whatever they're doing in Hungary. How is that different from a player coming out with a controversial political statement?