Thread: Euro 2020

Page 31 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    What, how is it not a red? He literally went for the player and not the ball, out of frustration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    What, how is it not a red? He literally went for the player and not the ball, out of frustration.
    I guess it also depends how consistent they were with other yellow cards before for the same faults, i cannot remember which game but in another game something similar was a yellow card.

Was expecting more from Wales, as said before always hard to predict we will see what austria does against italy
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Really thought Wales could do better.

I was somewhat conflicted going into the match as I always want fellow UK teams to go through but Denmark have become my second team due Erikson.

Wales can feel hard done by with the foul in the build up to the 2nd, the very harsh red and borderline offside in the 4th but they were nowhere near good enough today, their defensive was amateurish and they offered nothing going forward in contrast Denmark were excellent.

The red card was harsh, looked like a yellow to me.

Wales where totally outplayed, Denmark deserved to win 4-0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that's a petulant challenge, it wasn't excessively dangerous like a studs up or two footed challenge, off the ground etc. Nor is it violent conduct.

They're a clear yellow every day.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Because that's a petulant challenge, it wasn't excessively dangerous like a studs up or two footed challenge, off the ground etc. Nor is it violent conduct.

They're a clear yellow every day.
    Yep, that's pretty much my take on it too. When I first saw it I thought that something else must have happened after the tackle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I was somewhat conflicted going into the match as I always want fellow UK teams to go through but Denmark have become my second team due Erikson.

Wales can feel hard done by with the foul in the build up to the 2nd, the very harsh red and borderline offside in the 4th but they were nowhere near good enough today, their defensive was amateurish and they offered nothing going forward in contrast Denmark were excellent.
    Tbh, I don't think there's any argument for being hard done by. They simply weren't good enough and deserved to lose. Sloppy, lack of urgency and creativeness, and the Danes played well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I find it odd it's not considered violent conduct. He just went for the player when the ball was already long gone, out of pure frustration.

Like where do you draw the line between it not being violent and such?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Tbh, I don't think there's any argument for being hard done by. They simply weren't good enough and deserved to lose. Sloppy, lack of urgency and creativeness, and the Danes played well.
    True, even if those decisions had gone Wales' way they still did not do anywhere near enough to win. I think overall the result was a fair reflection of how both sides played.

I mean, I find it odd it's not considered violent conduct. He just went for the player when the ball was already long gone, out of pure frustration.

I'm pretty sure it came down to wales being down 0-4 and out of the tournament as well, for 2 reasons:

1. The score being that and since they're going home, that challenge was completely unnecessary, therefore that much more severe. If you go out of your way to fuck up the opposition player when it literally doesn't matter at all, that's some grade A shithousery that's pretty deserving of a red IMO. It wasn't all that violent, but you don't need a particularly violent tackle for a player to get injured completely accidentally, and his intent was undeniably pretty shitty.

2. Ref might be bending the rules a bit by going for a straight red, but again, since wales are out anyway, it has basically no real downside to go for a harsher punishment to try and set an example, it's not like the player's gonna miss the quarter-finals. Maaaaybe there's an automatic 1 match ban from international football from a straight red? Player would get that as opposed to no ban at all, but that's kinda negligible since that'll go in effect during WC qualifiers or nations league or something less important. Most likely won't get a longer suspension since it's determined by a committee afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account

Violent conduct outside of the above listed tackles, is when you deliberately strike an opponent. That tackle is just considered petulant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not expecting miracles but.... let's go Austria!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Violent conduct outside of the above listed tackles, is when you deliberately strike an opponent. That tackle is just considered petulant.
    I'll agree it was petulant. Maybe I'm being too harsh, idk.

Austria being a wall right now.

I think the only way Austria can win this is if they get a lucky goal out of nowhere before Italians start scoring. They are only getting away now because they can afford going all out on defense, but if they lose a goal first, they are going to get destroyed if they have to start taking risks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feared for austria there with that last minute free kick, have to say Italy is not that strong on the offense right now because mostly Austria is also pushing while they do not look that dangerous only takes one good shot.

Maybe this shows that Italy was not served well by that easier first group phase?
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Austria are definitely playing up to the competition here, this is a better performance from them than anyone expected pre kick-off.

Italy's being tested for the first time this tournament tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Italy's being tested for the first time this tournament tbh.
    I expect them to take it in the end, whether that'll be before 90, in overtime, or on penalties. But it'll do them a load of good to actually be forced to tryhard a bit for a change.