Thread: Euro 2020

Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Please don't tell me anyone of you got Dumfries and Memphis in your team?
    I have Dumfries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    yeah, and thats only so far. Still some more matches where I can lose players :P
    Yup... Gonna have to use the Joker.

I legit believed they would actually be top contenders this time after their initial games. Guess not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumfries is a terrible football player. He sure has heart but has a laughable technique. He became cult after those goals but every Dutchman could have told you he is bad.
    But anyway, not seeing us qualify for WC. Thank god because that will be the last we see of De Boer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I legit believed they would actually be top contenders this time after their initial games. Guess not.
    Nahhhh we had the easiest group in Euro history.

Dumfries is a terrible football player. He sure has heart but has a laughable technique. He became cult after those goals but every Dutchman could have told you he is bad.
    I just chose him to make a few points not because I like him or think he is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The Dutch team has always been really good at snatching defeat from the hands of victory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yea, dont think he expected a red card but it turned out more of an obvious move than he presumably intended.
    Correct red card.
    There are so many camera's now. And with the VAR, you can't do shit like that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Good one. That was ridiculous tho, such a long wait for something that completely did not matter.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

My turn to suffer now. At least we are staring with Palhinha and Sanches.

One good game down, next one should be even better.

I expected the Dutch to win quite easily seeing England beat them while not playing very well, I thought he handled it while falling when I first saw it, but after seeing the replay it was obvious it was intentional, after that the Dutch were really poor and deserved to lose by a larger margin.

Whoever wins between England v Germany must fancy their chances of going far!

So Danish Broadcasting just used the Dragon Age Inquisition theme over a clip-show from last night's match. Don't know who did that, but they deserve a raise.

Kinda rooting for Portugal here, don't like them, but it's always fun to see the Belgian hypetrain get derailed at the first major bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The Dutch players didn't even come close to their highest level. Wijnaldum was non existent, Depay struggling to make an impact (which has been the case this tournament), De Jong not being his free floating self and losing his composure after the first goal and then ofc De Ligt with the stupidest thing you can think of. As already stated, how can you think you will get away with that with VAR?

They should have won this game quite handsomely but they were so sloppy but the worst part was the lack of urge and drive after they conceded. They have the skillset to cause damage one man down, but the mental part was extremely weak today.

A loss against Danemark wouldn't have been that bad, they have been really good, but this today is inexcusable.

- - - Updated - - -

But anyway, not seeing us qualify for WC. Thank god because that will be the last we see of De Boer.
    They have a skillful team that should easily qualify even with De Boer I would say, but he is clearly the wrong manager. As wrote earlier, the desicion to put in Promes was mindblowing.

While I hope he gets sacked, I would put this loss on the players. They looked uninterested and sloppy, and their mental game was at kid level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bus parking with a defense that looks like a fishing net or mildly aggressive first half by Portugal?

Roll the dice and find out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Bus parking with a defense that looks like a fishing net or mildly aggressive first half by Portugal?

Roll the dice and find out
    Let us hope for an interesting game at least
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Both teams bent the knee... whew

Anyway, here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

There are so many camera's now. And with the VAR, you can't do shit like that.
    What's worse is that VAR isn't even new anymore. Like I dunno how have players not adapted yet. Not just not doing handball and stuff off the ball. But also timing their runs and positioning better when it comes to offside.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, looks like Portugal is trying to play behind Belgium's back, cause every time they hold the ball the "invite" Belgium into their half of the pitch

Otherwise, mildly balanced, with Belgium having the upper hand in ball possession so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I mean, looks like Portugal is trying to play behind Belgium's back, cause every time they hold the ball the "invite" Belgium into their half of the pitch

Otherwise, mildly balanced, with Belgium having the upper hand in ball possession so far.
    I am just satisfied it did not take Belgium 15 minutes to get on this level, highly technical game so far.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

The pitch condition is horrible.